Becomes President of the United States

>Becomes President of the United States
>Discovers the President is powerless, and that a secret shadow government (The Patriots) actually have all the power
>Rebels against the Patriots to try to give power back the people. Is ousted from power

Are we watching this play out before our eyes in real life? Is the Intelligence Community playing the role of The Patriots? Is Trump, Solidus Snake?

>Can only conceptualize reality with video game analogies

Go read at least two biographies of Winston Churchill, then report back.

We're all sons of the Patriots now.

Solidus is JFK if he bunkered down instead of defiantly taking a vacation.

Trump is Big Boss, and he's spent 40 years inserting Outer Haven double agents into the Patriots before he's made his move

kek

Video games and movies are an emerging medium for dense storytelling and philosophical musing.

While I do believe he can do more to better himself intellectually by reading, there is nothing wrong with using videogames to help you understand reality.

True, but this is like taking from Spec Ops the Line and overlooking Heart of Darkness and Apocolypse Now

Video games and motion pictures/tv replace the imagination. Reading fiction (and to a lesser extent, audio dramas) is far more stimulating to the mind, requiring you to visualize as many details as you're capable of.

However the only acceptable reading is non-fiction, biographies/autobiographies and technical manuals.

For sure, he should definitely check those out. In fact I recommend Heart of Darkness to anyone lurking. It's really short but packs a wallop on your psyche. Great for anyone searching for Truth.

Solidus did nothing wrong.

someone post the meme

Kojima has undeniably proven that video games are a more complicated and significant form of art than books and film.

t. never read Infinite Jest

Central to Conrad's work is the idea that there is little difference between so-called civilised people and those described as savages; Heart of Darkness raises questions about imperialism and racism.

that sounds awful.

>press x to make horse take a shit

sure thing tendies

>Video games and motion pictures/tv replace the imagination. Reading fiction (and to a lesser extent, audio dramas) is far more stimulating to the mind

No, pictures and video are tools of the imagination just as words are, cretin. If you can't derive more intellectual association and stimulation from a richer medium, that's your defect.

>richer medium

>height of video games is high school level prescribed novels

That's as retarded as saying
>height of literature is high school level prerendered pong clone

PewDiePie is Raiden

>Video games and movies are an emerging medium for dense storytelling and philosophical musing.

The real problem is that the human brain is too narrative focused.

We will believe a good story over the truth every single time. So when we use fictional narratives to describe reality we end up importing the fictions into our world view as well.

Trump and Big Boss have nothing in common.

That's such a surface level way of reading it. There's so much more to it than one tiny aspect. It's a harrowing journey to discover Truth.

If you're not out to be offended by racist old white guys, then you will greatly appreciate this novel.

But his games are movies, user.

>So when we use fictional narratives to describe reality we end up importing the fictions into our world view as well.

You're describing psychosis, the inability to determine fact from illustrative fiction. Anyone with this problem should probably avoid any form of media without heavy medication.

No, seriously, you're retarded.

Life is a narrative if you create the right boundaries.

Patterns exist. Nothing will ever fit the mold perfectly, but it's not a great act against intellectualism to liken current events to fiction.

Stories, especially fairy tales, teach us lessons about how to act in situations that we might encounter in future so that we don't make a mistake and hurt ourselves/our community. Couldn't the same be said for video games?

I only played MGS3, Peacewalker and Phantom Pain. I wish I played the other games so I didn't have such a gap in the story. Someone should make a book about the MGS universe. Sounds pretty exciting. It'd be especially good if they make parallels with modern events.

>take story
>insert lolis
>insert an overly complicated and convoluted plot
>"art"

Yeah, okay Kojima.

>Patterns exist. Nothing will ever fit the mold perfectly, but it's not a great act against intellectualism to liken current events to fiction.

He's the kind of person who cries if you use metaphors that couldn't literally happen. Don't apologize to asshats like this for being figurative.

I like to stay naive and believe that the right reasoning will convince my opponents.

Holy shit RARE

damn that is rare as fuck im gonna inform the press

wise old men, shamans and bard's oral tales and poetry were our way of accesing knowledge for tens if not hundreds of thousands of years. Those were not only useful but probably engaging. You like a lot of arrogant retards take books for granted when in fact they have only recently been with us.
Btw it's easier and more efficient to convey a complex idea using an analogy even when it's based on fiction or myth, than being a pretentious moron who recites titles and authors that probably didn't read at all in the first place.

It's not about niggers or colonialism at all and I want to personally tear the throat out of whoever wrote that, I fucking despise people who don't understand heart of darkness