Has anyone studied generational theory?

Has anyone studied generational theory?

The old order, bogged down by conventional thought, are unable to solve the problems of the new frontier. The new frontier finds the same problems, same solutions, and the same linear thinking that found the previous order surprised when it's cycle was up.

No one should be surprised to find that:
>Teenagers born after 2000 - the so-called 'Generation Z' - are the most socially conservative generation since the Second World War, a new study has found.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3790614/They-don-t-like-drugs-gay-marriage-HATE-tattoos-Generation-Z-conservative-WW2.html

According to the theory, Trump, or a Trump like figure was inevitable.

theburningplatform.com/2016/11/19/grey-champion-assumes-command-part-one/#more-136249

>At each of these great gates of history, eighty to a hundred years apart, a similar generational drama unfolded. Four archetypes, aligned in the same order – elder Prophet, midlife Nomad, young adult Hero, child Artist – together produced the most enduring legends in our history. Each time the Grey Champion appeared marked the arrival of a moment of “darkness, and adversity, and peril,” the climax of the Fourth Turning of the saeculum.–The Fourth Turning–Strauss & Howe

>“Soon after the catalyst, a national election will produce a sweeping political realignment, as one faction or coalition capitalizes on a new public demand for decisive action. Republicans, Democrats, or perhaps a new party will decisively win the long partisan tug of war. This new regime will enthrone itself for the duration of the Crisis. Regardless of its ideology, that new leadership will assert public authority and demand private sacrifice. Where leaders had once been inclined to alleviate societal pressures, they will now aggravate them to command the nation’s attention. The regeneracy will be solidly under way.”–Strauss & Howe–The Fourth Turning

I'm fascinated by this. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

lifecourse.com/about/method/the-four-turnings.html
lifecourse.com/about/method/generational-archetypes.html
fourthturning.com
theburningplatform.com/2016/11/19/grey-champion-assumes-command-part-one/#more-136249
theburningplatform.com/2016/11/20/grey-champion-assumes-command-part-two/#more-136793
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Bump

The question, though, can this cycle be broken? If technology allows us to live longer lives, will the generational cycle just expand, or will we find that the dynamics of the cycle are a necessity?

Donald Trump is the Grey Champion.

>“Americans have always been blind to the next turning until after it fully arrives.

>Most of today’s adult Americans grew up in a society whose citizens dreamed of perpetually improving outcomes: better jobs, fatter wallets, stronger government, finer culture, nicer families, smarter kids, all the usual fruits of progress. Today, deep into the Third Turning, these goals feel like they are slipping away. Many of us wish we could rewind time, but we know we can’t – and we fear for our children and grandchildren.

>Many Americans wish that, somehow, they could bring back a saecular spring now. But seasons don’t work that way. As in nature, a saecular autumn can be warm or cool, long or short, but the leaves will surely fall. The saecular winter can hurry or wait, but history warns that it will surely be upon us.

>We may not wish the Grey Champion to come again – but come he must, and come he will.” –The Fourth Turning–Strauss & Howe

>In most cases the Grey Champions are not revered or glorified until decades after the Crisis is resolved. Lincoln was and still is despised by just about everyone living south of the Mason Dixon line. Outraged businessmen attempted to convince Smedley Butler to lead a coup against FDR. Large swaths of Americans believe he is responsible for creating our welfare state and the unfunded liabilities which are playing a large part in this currentFourth Turning. The unintended consequences of decisions made in previous Fourth Turnings often become the catalysts for the next crisis.

I'm glad you read your assigned social theory texts for the day.

bannon LOVES this book right?

I'm going to be banned for this post for underage but oh well.

15 year old Australian male here. At this point I think politics is divided by gender more than anything. Pretty much all the girls I know my age are lefties and want to save "dah ref u ghees" but myself and most of my mates are hard right and openly speak against lefty political bullshit and the left wing indoctrination at our school.

Also ask a 15 year old anything

Bump

Whatever the case, we are at the point of no return. I'm fascinated by what's going on within the government. We're seeing a power struggle, not only between the new and the old in Washington, but of conflicting visions and ideologies of the direction we take our country. Regardless of whichever side inevitably wins, the door on the old is closed. The crisis is coming and the rebirth after.

You ready for another Gallipoli?

It's understandable. The girls that you interact with grow up to be women with the same ideals. It harms society in an irreparable way that damages education, daily life, and general well being.

My mother used to teach this disgusting indoctrination in university and I only hope I can undo some of it.

Not really. I would fight for Australia but I hope I won't need to.

As someone who lived in Australia during their education, I can confirm this. The girls in our school were the usual leftie drones. Most guys had the 'fuck these arabs/lebs' attitude, unless they were one of the shitskins.

When did you finish high school?

>harms society in an irreparable way

If you think in cyclical, not linear, terms, every current attitude is just a correction.

>applicable only to western european history
>the events in the spiral dont even make sense
Also
>masculinism TRUMPS feminism
Top kek

where can we go right? that is the never asked question that doesn't have an answer, save for the mars escapists and the corporations promising a better tomorrow

If you read about it, you'll see why these guys find these events to be significant.

I think as time goes on we diverge further and further from the mean.

Finally someone posts this. I have been thinking about this ever since it was mentioned on a Vsauce vid.

Check this out : lifecourse.com/about/method/the-four-turnings.html
and
lifecourse.com/about/method/generational-archetypes.html

does the mean actually matter in the culture of 2017?

I don't think it does.

ps how i found this thread i literally typed bog and none of my criteria matched. plz m8s take the bog pill and envision your own life.

I'd say biology keeps us tethered to the mean, for now.

He understands the theory behind it.

Link?

>bogged down

>fourthturning.com

These articles are where I started.

>theburningplatform.com/2016/11/19/grey-champion-assumes-command-part-one/#more-136249

>theburningplatform.com/2016/11/20/grey-champion-assumes-command-part-two/#more-136793

Why only anglo-american though?

That's just the scope of what these guys studied. I curious how or if other cultures have a similar cycle, though. I can't see how this theory applies anywhere in sub saharan Africa because there haven't been any major reformations. Unless I'm missing something.

Who is this guy, exactly? And why is he in the thread?

Sounds like a case of bullshit application.
Also
>hero generation
>millenials

Yes, this is what I believe. We are too far in globalism (international trade) to have war. We can't go to war without fucking each others economy up. The only positive thing about globalism?

I think we will break the cycle this time. And I hope we'll have Artificial Intelligence govern us soon. Peace forever. Freedom next. No human government.

Good eye, Japan. Thanks for your cautious input.

Struggle and conflict are part of being human. You're not going to have never ending peace and expect to have never ending freedom. It's an ebb and flow.