Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G_sGn6PdmIo
youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_of_1963
scholar.harvard.edu/files/goldin/files/gender_equality.pdf?m=1440439230
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

burden of proof is on you

shut the fuck up billy this is the last time I warn you

Pretend this is real life and I am a rational liberal. Now use your rhetoric and try to convince me why my belief is otherwise wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=G_sGn6PdmIo

>Pretend this is real life and I am a rational liberal.
ok, the burden of proof is still on you

men are worth more than women objectively.

>I saw it on CNN

Fuck off and try Google to do your homework, kid.

This lie has been even more debunked than the holocaust.

youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM

Why should I? There's no need to refute something that isn't real

That's easy. Because the STEM majors have no women. That's where the money's at. Not liberal arts, not women's studies or gender studies, not communication majors, all of those lead to minimum wage Mcjobs™ or working in a factory, followed by quitting and going full time protester complaining chad and the /r9k/obot are both in some STEM related job making over $50k a year.

If a company can get away with paying women less money, why not hire women exclusively?
>well maybe they think men are more valuable
Then you admit that men provide something to the company that women do not, thus they earn a higher wage.

If you take all the *earnings* of men and *earnings* of women and divide them into each other depending on what country you're in you'll end up with numbers saying for every dollar a man earns a woman earns something between 75-80c. This doesn't account for differences in tenure, part time work, time taken off, and a number of other factors. When you adjust for these factors the gap shrinks to zero. There isn't any economist worth listening to that takes the wage gap seriously.

Not enough female roofers

>average of all male workers vs all female workers
>most males work in higher paying industries
>most females work in lower paying industries
the 80% meme comes from averaging everybody out, regardless of industry

Thomas Sowell is brilliant. He should be a hero and a role model for black youth, but instead they gravitate towards thugs. It's very sad.

So does the gap exist or not and if it exists, in what industry?

Yea. Makes we wanna cry like a fucking faggot.

>hate niggers
>say racism doesn't exist

Duuuuuuh????

OK: if you really could hire women for less money and the same quality of work then you wouldn't see another man get hired until you ran out of equal women

That argument is supposed to describe how a paygap is justified if it exists

If gender wage gap was real, companies in a free market would only hire women. Q.E.D.

>Real life
>rational liberal
ive got some bad news for you

Gender wage gap is an artifact of overgeneralized averages.

What the "wage gap" is:
All men's earnings / # of working men = "men's pay"
All women's earnings / # of working women = "women's pay"

what the wage gap is NOT:
Male earnings for job X > Female earnings for job X

This is frequently the implied wage gap. But it is a misrepresentation of the data, most likely because the people who spout this bullshit are likely to have never known how that 0.79 figure came about.

It's illegal so if someone was actually paying a woman less they would get sued and lose more money than if they had just paid the woman equally in the first place, not to mention all the other problems from getting sued.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_of_1963

Different jobs, different salaries.

>Refute the gender wage gap

Women should not work anyway.
Money should not exist anyway.

We have the technology to create a free, open-source, and voluntary society of high IQ individuals with knowledge of natural law and objective moral behavior. Fuck off with MUH wages. Subhuman mind slave nigger trash.

Women prefer social work and teaching while more men prefer Engineering and Medicine. Its not that fucking hard, each gender chooses a different career and some women are content raising children at home.

Most likely because the people who spout this bullshit don't give a damn about truth. Only Power.

>well maybe they think men are more valuable
>Then you admit that men provide something to the company that women do not, thus they earn a higher wage.
do you see where you screwed up?

>they hire men because they think men are better
>that means men provide something women don't
No. This could just as easily imply that there is a bias that men are perceived as more valuable without ACTUALLY being more valuable. Which would segue easily into an argument about how sexism holds women down because they are intrinsically viewed by companies as les valuable during the hiring process.

I'm on your side but your argument sucks

Someone tell me where this gender wage gap came from and why they think it's still happening?

I've yet to see some researched evidence proving it...

i mean i know it's existed in the past im talking about today

Look for the Audi's superbowl comercial fail, it's hilarious

/thread

Women, on average, work less hours and choose different types of jobs.
Is inequality of opportunity the only thing that can cause inequality of outcome?

>falling for STEM meme

>woring less hours.

here you go:

scholar.harvard.edu/files/goldin/files/gender_equality.pdf?m=1440439230

written by a woman

oh and enjoy going down to page 10 for asking us to disprove a myth

Oh its real, daddy-o

Again? That was debunked ages ago.

Just like debunking evolution, man-caused climate change, eugenics w/ abortion, and so on - it gets thoroughly debunked, the true believers ignore the evidence in favor of their normalcy bias for conflict without end.

>working

Danger Pay
Housewives
Besides Nurse there aren't other Woman dominated professions

so much triggering in one sentence.