New Gay Cake: Court sez Florist Must Serve Gay Couples

yahoo.com/news/washington-supreme-court-rules-against-florist-refused-gay-195036085.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A Christian florist from Washington state vowed to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court after that state's top court unanimously ruled on Thursday that she discriminated against a gay couple by refusing to sell them flowers for their wedding.

The Washington Supreme Court's nine justices said that Barronelle Stutzman, owner of Arlene's Flowers in Richland, Washington, violated a state antidiscrimination law by refusing service to Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed, who intended to marry after the state legalized same-sex marriage in 2012.

The court also rejected Stutzman's argument that forcing her to create floral arrangements for a same-sex wedding would violate her free speech rights under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and would be tantamount to endorsing same-sex marriage.

Stutzman, a member of the Southern Baptist denomination, believes that marriage should be exclusively between a man and a woman. "When you think that the government is coming in telling you what to think or what to do or what to create, we should all be very scared," she said in a call with reporters.

The state and the couple sued Stutzman in 2013, alleging that she violated state anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws. In 2015 a trial judge ruled against her, prompting the state Supreme Court to review the case.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/nR4hJZ4
thefederalist.com/2016/05/17/remember-the-fake-whole-foods-hate-cake-pastor-apologizes-admits-he-lied/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why don't they just make really shitty products for people they don't like?

god i fucking hate faggots

Join the OFFICIAL /polgb/ Discord:

discord.gg/nR4hJZ4

What the fuck is wrong with america? Why cant people refuse service, its their business and money they are losing. Let them

What the fuck happened to freedom

Always warms my hearts to see snowflakes forced to obey the law. Learn to make cakes or don't sell them you fucking straight-faggots.

Can't believe someone going to court over a fucking cake instead of taking their business elsewhere

must have triggered the faggots. We've seen this kind of thing before.

>Forcing people to bake and make your food against their will

Gee, I bet those fucking queers are going to get yummy, yummy cakes.

> Must have triggered the faggots.
> Even though the Christians can't bake a cake.

>I
>HAVE
>THE
>RIGHT
>TO
>REFUSE
>SERVICE

> Paying someone money so they do their job is by force.

Okay lets say the reverse happened. Can a baker deny baking a cake because someone is Christian?

Ok fine it's private. No whites or heteros or non leftists. Who else can take my fiat money? Not the bank for gold. So why is it only my taxes where i wont be discrim. Where the fuck am i supposed to go? I dont bake. And guess what. Everything these bigots say. Even the Bible. Is 100% lie and backward

Those fags probably went out of their way to find the one Christian florist in their whole state that wouldn't sell flowers to homos. if it isn't a hoax like the Whole Foods gay cake or the homophobic note people left at a dyke waitress.

Fag activism is getting out of hand, if I was one I'd be pissed at them for giving all other faggots a bad name.

You have the right the refuse service, under business laws.

perfectly fine with me

Muslims need to bake cakes for everyone to.

>Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed

Zionist psy ops need to make money worth gold again or suck my ballbag

Yes. The Commerce clause has been bastardized to the point of legislating morality and that's bad on all sides.

Yea, sure.

Common business law disagrees. You can refuse service for things like theft or not wearing shoes.

Jews also need to bake cakes if it's their job.

>compared to the dregs of society
It's ok im used to it

Fuck em

Leave the furries alone, they voted for Trump.

USA
KEKED
U
C
K
E
D

They can deny you service if they dislike your hair, just that they won't make a lot of money that way. Business should not be forced to serve anyone.

More like it clears the morality out of the picture. Now people just have to do their fucking job.

This, lying faggot activists tried this at a Muslim bakery in Dearborn. They were shown the door. Local news reported it, national news was silent. No court case, for some mysterious reason.

Private businesses should be allowed to deny service to anyone for any reason. Otherwise you're forcing them to do something they don't want to do and why would they be required to if they are privately owned? Absolutely they can refuse someone for being Christian. They can refuse you because they don't like a political slogan on a hat or for any other reason too including "I just don't like you." It's their money, their time, their work. No one has any right to it.

Bosses in usa can fire you for the wrong shoes. Do you want that you checkboarded raspberry

sauce?

You can be sued for refusing business if they can prove actual discrimination.

This user, is the closest to reality. Retail workers deal with shitty customers all day, it's their fucking job.

Get in a rear ender? Oops fuck off your vehicular accident sounded too homosex so go die in a gutter. Citizens United!

More like can a Jew refuse to provide non-Kosher food to a Gentile asking for it?

>be busy florist
>homo couple ask you to do flowers for wedding but x day
>can not fill quota, say can not help them
>homo get asspained instead of going to another florist
>take busy florist to court, ruin business
>once busy florist now lives on street

Thanks, homo's.

We need the right to free association, preferably in the form of a new amendment. You should be allowed to choose who you provide services for.

Because these things are a scam either to extort or just shame people while claiming being victimized. Those advocacy groups are fucking crooks, it happens all the time.

thefederalist.com/2016/05/17/remember-the-fake-whole-foods-hate-cake-pastor-apologizes-admits-he-lied/

>Can a baker deny baking a cake because someone is Christian?

Why not?
The whole morality of Christianity is based on doing unto others as thou wouldst have done to thyself.
So no Christian would force someone to bake for them if it was against their principles.

I disagree and so do most western court systems. You're supposed to give good service unless they gave you a valid business reason for not doing so (like trying to steal merchandise.)

Luckily, you're wrong you can't refuse to bake a cake for someone because their Christian. You can and would be sued if you ever gave that as an excuse.

Play Ace Attorney. Learn common law v civil law. Laws are mere suggestions here. We all "think" something should be a certain way. But we don't vote for that. We put legislators who write shit. And courts who never look at that and then "write" verbal laws. It's not just a cake. This is all fucked and im gone

I guarantee they were fishing for someone to sue.

Is this what the commie fags mean when they talk about seizing the means of production?

You can't make people supply things they don't already sell. They are however 'forced' to sell Kosher food to non-Jews by the jaw.

Can I go to a gay bar with a God Hates Fags shirt and then sue them when they don't serve me?

We all pay a kosher food tax. Did you know that? There are little ZOG symbols on all food and it gets worse

Very very very good question. You could. And they would win

Because it's against what this country was founded on. You have the freedom to do what ever you want until it harms others. Please tell people to do their job and drop their identity politics.

Already happens.

Yes.

I dont get the labour codes and free spech interacting with fiat dollars. Sure. A right to a religion. Legal. Tender. Take my interest payments before i shove em up your cunt. Basically

Join the OFFICIAL /polgb/ Discord:

discord.gg/nR4hJZ4

Not now nigger

who knows if the SCOTUS would grant cert; they've been super picky. That being said, if it they do hear the case, I doubt they'd attempt to go against stare decisis and uphold the state court's decision. The court has already recognized that forcing someone to act in a manner that goes against personal convictions violate freedom of speech by forcing you to "speak. Only a big deal because everyone is fucking rabid about this and the court seems to be afraid of the masses now; Roberts decision on the ACA reflects this pretty well.

Than they should also sue like the gay couples do. I don't like the culture of a 'sue happy' people but they should for legitimate reasons.

That's retarded and needs to change. Forcing someone to provide services they don't want to provide is slavery.

Than tell them to quit their job.

Why doesnt anybody not want money. Does anybody ever say i dont wanna sell you this because i gotta pay tax? No. But if a bernie bitch needs a tow the fatty says no. Then some restaurants go viral because "immigrants are awesome" or "no trumps". It's like guns. Can we move the fuck on? If you dont wanna serve somebody then base it on brains. Not cock and balls

>shittington post

lol

>I have a product/service, but I don't want to sell it
>People can force you to sell it against your will

How is this any different than theft?

Of fucking course.

Hell they can refuse service if I'm white and male for all I care. It is THEIR business and they have the right to refuse service. If they will not take my business I will go to another establishment that will. We will see which turns a profit.

Everything is shit and being a stupid ignorant prick just adds to the pile on

The circuits are split on this, so you cannot say with certainty what is or is not legal without knowing which circuit they are in.

If earnestly held religious belief act against serving someone, the court will like give deference to their first amendment right. While you are correct, the general rule is that one cannot discriminate in businesses connected or affecting interstate travel, which is a pretty easy to meet standard. However, there has yet been a decision ruling on whether this requirement under the Civil Rights Act will give way to religion. It is likely they will either hold the fed has no jurisdiction or they will likely uphold religious beliefs provided they are earnest and legitimate.

Forcing someone to either provide services or go out of business is more harmful to freedom than allowing them to choose who they provide services for. Get fucked commie.

Their motivations are irrelevant. This is about freedom.

>common law patchworks strike again

Who is ignoring what? What are you talking about?

The not wanting to sell it part. Than don't be in this line of business. You don't get to make up arbitrary clauses.

Your answer to that based guy was shit because you didnt say dick all about what he said :D

>Why doesnt anybody not want money.
Gay people are a lot more difficult to work with because they are so picky, bitchy, and weird and since they are used to having so many partners they change their minds alot and constantly want to alter the details, so unless they are multimillionairs paying 4x market value, they are far less profitable than working with normal people.

> Hell they can refuse service if I'm white and male for all I care

That is illegal, what the fuck are you talking about. Who cares about your opinion we're talking about western society.

That i couldnt say and win. In a court. Saying that you are a known disgusting vagina muncher so you soup for you. So basically you're saying it's a "thing" and normal that anybody knows who's straight. But because cake cunt knows my spouse's name she takes a dookie on my face

Reminder that this nation is doomed because of this faggotry. Find god and repent

It's actually strictly constitutional/statutory. Interpreting the constitution is just that - interpretation - which is fundamentally different then common law. This is a well established power.

It shouldn't be illegal though.

they obviously are special snowflakes just putting up a fight over something to make a scene and get reward money from frivolous lawsuits

im sure they already previously made arrangements with a gay baker/florist and literally spent 2 days searching on yelp for a conservative christian baker to pull this on

>You have the freedom to do what ever you want until it harms others
Then you have a freedom to not provide service as long as it doesn't cause harm.

apparently you don't, at least when you're refusing service in a way which violates anti-discrimination laws

Yes, there are muslim and jewish bakeries that will only sell to muslims and jews and no one seems to care.

In common law constitutions dont even need to be written! UK doesnt even have one. In civil law you'd have 1000 professional judges for each common law lawyer judge
Kys

America has freedom of religion. No court should have the power to make an American violate their religious beliefs. There's a reason that "conscientious objector" is a thing during war. If you believe murder is a sin, like your religion teaches, the government cannot compel you to do it.

Plus, gay marriage should have never been legalized by the Supreme Court anyway. They used the 14th Amendment as an empty vessel, and activist judges made up their own bullshit.

Why would women need an amendment to gain the right to vote in America, if the Supreme Court could have just cited the equal protection and due process clauses from the 14th Amendment?

Even if someone thinks gays should be allowed to marry (they shouldn't, it totally ignores the reason why marriage exists, as an insurance policy for women so men just won't abandon their children), then it should have taken an amendment by Congress to pass it.

Is it "discrimination" when people can't vote until 18? When people can't drive until 16? When people can't drink until 21? When you can't rent a car until 25? When you can't collect Social Security until 65?

Judges are not gods, they are mortals.

Unless there is a drastic change in the way our system works than Christians nor gays are going to be discriminated against for business purposes.

Why are gays such assholes? Literally find a new florist and move on with your pricreative-less life.

The argument in support of federal regulation, that discrimination had an established and demonstrable effect on others through the economy, is not without merit. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of how loosely the commerce clause is interpreted.

I don't get that urge because I am not gay.

>That is illegal
It shouldn't be. Why are we forcing private business owners to serve people they disagree with? Just because your services are for sale you forfeit the right to self determination?

The essence of capitalism thrives on supply and demand. If Bakery A will not serve me I will go to Bakery B. Bakery B thrives while Bakery A dies off if they are not popular because of their choice.

They are free to make their own mistakes.

We dont like fucking flowers and cakes but you lied about all things and said we needed it all and then still spit in our mouths

The court would certainly care if a citizen brought the case up.

Why are so many white males fags?

Ok eve. Done necking adam? Go fuck the devil. Youre gross. You call yourself a man. You hate two men. All you want is pathetic pillow sobbing bumblefuckery the fuck outta my face

Once again, we're making people do their job. You're trying to bring up emotional reasons that have nothing to do with business. If you don't like a business than you 'vote' by not shopping their.

>What the fuck is wrong with america? Why cant people refuse service, its their business and money they are losing.

Liberals went even more insane after the year 2000.

I've heard of lots of business with signs like "we refuse the right to serve customers." Or a shop might have a sign "no shoes, no shirt, no service."

But modern liberals/lefttits use DISCRIMINATION as their reason/excuse for everything.

If more men start tech companies? "Discrimination!"

If more men work on oil rigs? "Discrimination!"

If more white people are nominated for Oscars? "Discrimination!"

It's all the left has. Accusations of bigotry, racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, anti-Semitism.

Plus, faggots claim to be just like blacks, and say a business refusing business to blacks is exactly like a business refusing to cater a gay wedding. Liberals swim in false equivalence.

It's not an arbitrary clause. No one should be forced to do business against thier will.

If you don't like homophobic bakers, vote with your dollar.

You make no fucking sense

You cant. Common law. Gnite.

You are wrong. A wealthy Chicago Jew actually legally required that its offspring only marry within the tribe on pain of being cut out of its will, the "court" upheld that. A white guy in Canada tried a similar thing and the court overruled his will.

No one forces you to open a store.

Please take your own advice and vote with your dollar.

Good. And. Sure i dont. Fucking miss piggy cow bitch

Discrimination should be legal, though. Banning it is essentially banning both pattern recognition and self-determination. If blacks have stolen from your store in the past, you should be allowed to ban blacks from your store. If gays bring an unwelcome culture into your town, you should be allowed to refuse them services until they leave.

Pretty disengenous to intentionally overlook the legitimate freedom of speech arguments in favor of ad hominem. And I actually think there's merit in the argument for compelling business owners in cases like this, but the opposing arguments are just as legitimate and compelling. Reasonable minds could differ, so no need to jump to baseless villification.