Why does LSD turn people into narcissist?

Why does LSD turn people into narcissist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ByWxLR7M39M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it doesn't, everyone I've given LSD has become more in touch with others and life

I think hinduism made george that way. Lsd actually kills your ego, but fags think the whole fucking world has been revealed to them after dropping once.

DUDE I'M SO WOKE I'M THE UNIVERSE DUDE PSYCHEDELICS MAKE YOU WOKE BRUH

lsd is all about inward thought and growth. so a normal individual who was never really introspective, may seem narcissistic after taking lsd. but its just a faze they are going through, one of personal growth.

good question
I've had a couple friends try it and both turned into self absorbed pricks afterwards.

Muh third eye has been opened

spoiler alert, they were already self absorbed pricks

It doesn't

too small of a dose, LSD decimated my ego

because it shreds your ego and puts it back together. it instills in you an unconscious fear of people and institutions who would do the same. if you're a meddlesome bastard, people who don't want to be meddled with will often come off as narcissistic. just get over yourself.

Meh, LSD made me realize that I don't want to be rich fuck and watch tv, but rather I would like to have kid's and maybe a couple of dog's.

Don't know about that ego thing.

Oh, right, and trying LSD made me also stop using degenerate drugs at all and made me drink far less.

because it expands the definition of the self.
if you are everyone, narcissism is just love.

yes they were but now it's magnified and they're not afraid to hide it

Yeah I'll accept that. LSD turns a magnifying glass on yourself and people can really take it to heart

I've never tried LSD but I know quite a few people who have. I believe that what you're referencing is their own belief that they are enlightened beings after learning certain truths while under the effect of the drug. Also, when you get high on a drug you also seem to get high on yourself, and this sometimes gives you an enhanced feeling of self-importance. This is even more apparent with drugs such as cocaine. I have taken magic mushrooms many times and have learned some things that I may not have otherwise found out, but I also know that we are all students as well as teachers. Some know more than others, both in terms of redpills and also in terms of intuition, but that doesn't mean someone is better than another. It only means that they have different talents.

It can literally do anything not unlock electro shock therapy
Psychedelics arent part of western society
We dont have shamans to trip sit us in the ways theyve been doing (successfully) for thousands of years
if you do DMT you can literally wake up with another persons lifetime implanted into your long term memory. You can remember the life you lead during that trip to the point you cannot distinguish it from the life you lead in reality.

Anything can happen when go adding and deleting your software with no understanding of the hardware or scripts you're playing with.

Vague, generic thoughtless answers with very little meaning. Repeated by every LSD user ever because they think it sounds deep.
They are also thoughts you can come to with no medicated help. The sober mind just realizes that there is nothing profound there.

Took 25i and had to battle for my sanity while I hallucinated a witch cult trying to possess body and suck my soul/ego through the back of my head while zombie puppeteers took control of my body. They wanted to drag my would down into some other dimension/hell world while they used my body for rituals and shit

>made me drink far less

This is probably one of the best therapeutic uses of LSD.

No.

yes the thoughts that a person on LSD have can be mundane. Yet perception is everything, something the sober mind may see or think something mundane yet be blind to its true beauty. LSD is great for helping individuals find prospective.
>pls do research on the drug before you talk.

Wait, is that real?

>experience ego death
>become a narcissist
ok kid

fear the occult

>blind to its true beauty
Mind giving an explanation of somethings true beauty?

Are you ESL?
Just wondering.

I really need the backstory on the styx lewds.

LSD makes you think differently from normal. Can have a lot of different effects.

natural patterns like water and wood. the gritty, earthy, extremely comfy sensation you get toward the end of the trip. being horny.

just find a tab and do something fun with a friend

good way to put it

>They are also thoughts you can come to with no medicated help. The sober mind just realizes that there is nothing profound there.
Motherfucker can you even into english?

the point is to experience something that can't be rendered in language. why do you think all the rhetoric about "expand your mind" and "discover yourself" is just a load of stupid bullshit? because it doesn't describe the experience

I was answering OP's question. LSD at a decent dose is traumatic, even if it's sometimes enjoyable. Anybody recovering from trauma is more sensitive to further trauma than a normal person would be. Ergo, people who trip a lot come off as narcissistic because they're more sensitive than average to things that might fuck with their heads. That's some simple if A then B shit. If it came off as a vague attempt at being profound, your reading comprehension is in the shitter.

shrooms did not make me realise anything new tbqh. I liked the increased vividity of the colours tho

also there's nothing like a 'bad trip' in fact imo. The uncomfortableness of not getting answers is excruciating but in the end it's still worth it imo

I've taken LSD 3 times. The first two times I went camping out in the woods with my friends. Everything was just "wow man, cool trippy textures" and people saying things trying to sound deep.

The third time I took it alone. I tried watching neato trippy videos and stuff for the first couple hours but all of a sudden I got hit by reality like a train. I realized what a complete loser I was. How I was broke and in debt, and how the day before I wrote someone a check knowing it was going to bounce. And now, instead of working so I can pay the people I owe back, I was sitting alone in my room doing drugs. It made me think about my childhood and how my life had come to this. I felt like killing myself for being such a piece of shit, but I decided not to. I know it's cliche to say that it "opened my eyes" but that's what it felt like. All those times I told myself "I'll just do it/ pay it later" I was lying to myself, and I really needed to change something or my life was only going to get a lot worse.

tl;dr: LSD showed me what a loser I was and helped me motivate myself to work harder and stop being such a loser.

>tl;dr: LSD showed me what a loser I was and helped me motivate myself to work harder and stop being such a loser.

Too bad you didn't have parents to do this for you.

Why do I need drugs for that when I can experience that stuff manually? I already know there is beauty in random shit. And that I can be significant and insignificant at the same time. But I'd rather focus on things like hobbies. Things that are beneficial to my self and possibly others. Instead of thinking DUDE WATER IS WET LMAO and trying to explain that realization to others.

>shreds your ego dudes
>makes you fear the institutions
>people are different when you're high
Your first answer was vague.

Yeah honestly I was living just like my parents did when I was a kid (writing bad checks, getting wasted all the time). Even though I always said I wasn't going to grow up the be like them.

Autist here. Been listening to the Beatles since I as 8.

I think if I dropped it would be the most amazing shit ever.

I have the answer

all people are narcissists, lsd just makes them socially retarded.

i took 2-ce once and now have hppd out the ass
triggered episode of terrible hypochondria and panic attacks about mental illness like schizophrenia

>SAGE

Its bullshit, I experienced LSA, LSD, DMT and I´am still nazi. Yes I can feel universe and peace and love, but I can also think logically like a human.

mate, that because being a fascist is the right way to go

That is weird, high quality marijuana and edibles started to do the same thing to me. It was like someone for the first time in my life held up a mirror to my soul and I realized what a massive piece of shit loser I was. That's why I quit that stuff, I would love to try acid though. But I've heard it really only changes your perspective for like a week then you go back to your old ways.

There is a myth about George Harrison that's developed over time that he went to India and became mystical
And introduced the guys in the Beatles to LSD and opened their minds.

The truth is like Arthur C Clarke he was a pedo with a penchant for young brown children, and tried to introduce child molesting to the rest of the band.

He was going to India to fuck kids not open his 3rd eye.

This was an open secret known to all the crew and production staff around the Beatles.

Fucking awful cunt

lol

>quit weed because of the self reflective qualities
>wants to try lsd
>thinks it'll only stay with you for a week

Hey man, I'm all for giving people the chance to have the experience but don't go into it thinking you know what it's about. And you have to be prepared to be completely transparent with yourself.

LSD is not some hippie shit. I don't want to kill people but I will if I have to protect my civilization.

so this

Holland kid on LSD
youtube.com/watch?v=ByWxLR7M39M

These people are already narcissist they just didnt go deep enough

>I already know
it's a very primal, visceral feeling that you've certainly never experienced before. i'm not telling you to take drugs, just that psychedelics aren't "drugs" in the "narcotic" sense

As a friend of mine was a heavy user of this I can say that LSD is not this magical ego killer.

He became convinced that he had a special understanding of the universe and the workings of space and what not. He developed this theory that has something to do with "infinity" and began to see himself as this prophet in a way where he held himself above everyone else.

Maybe it was the LSD in conjunction with other substances he was abusing, but they were all psychedelics and he is one of the most egotistical and narcissistic people I can say that I know.

>narcissist
it doesn't. they were already narcissistic to begin with

>prospective

this, people see drug and they think a junkie trying to get a cheap thrill

with psychedelics it taps into something primordial, it gives you a level of understanding you can only ever have with yourself

You turn yourself into a narcissist.
Shut the fuck up and get on with it.

The culture surrounding psychedelics is very cult-like, which creates/attracts a lot of euphoric fedora types.

>a heavy user
>convinced that he had a special understanding of the universe
>began to see himself as this prophet
i'll take "irresponsible drug use" for $500, alex

that just means your friend is an idiot who obviously had nothing worthwhile going on, as well as some self-hating condition exacerbated by irresponsible drug use.

I consider it good luck if i even have time to set aside a full day every 3-6 months, and even then i can't take more than 2 in case some adult thing comes up

LSD also isn't a magical ego-killer, it's a psychoactive substances that fucks with serotonin receptors to distort perception in the short term

use it wisely and you'll find what you seek

I have done LSD close to 100 times. I am 26 years old and broke out of my liberal coma about 3 years ago. LSD may have played a big part in that. Who knows?

this is unfortunately true

The cult like qualities can be attributed to people with experience in the substance wanting to ensure people don't stray into it without knowing what they delving into

psychedelics can essentially put your being into developer mode so irresponsible use can have drastic effects

this.

You're five minutes into shit in the street and chill when this odd stranger gives you this look

Wake up, sheeple!

sounds like lots of third eyes were opened

People are gods on this level.

the benefit of LSD is that it breaks through the ego ... if the ego if buffeted enough times it stands to reason that the ego could become stronger, like a muscle

This. It probably lowered their inhibitions a notch. Underlying characteristics tend to seep through when the filter's been compromised.

So you still have 90% of your ego?

degenerates

keep throwing around buzzwords where you have no substance. or you can gain some Information about the subject at hand and participate in a discussion.

>thinking drugs are good for you
that voluntarily taking the mkultra jew

It makes people think insignificant things are significant. They're immature and doing drugs is something they convince themselves has inherent real value. Plenty of people have tripped and been fine, unfortunately the vocal minority is akin to (and sometimes even overlaps with) the "DUDE WEED LMAO" crowd.

You mean brown eyes?

It makes you feel as if you've come to some deep level of understanding. That you were privy to a secret or even divine knowledge.

If someone is already predisposed to narcissism it gives them a way to feel legitimized in that belief.

Most people don't end up like that though do they're a silent majority.

What do people interpret into it? Took it once, had nothing but incoherent thoughts and people looked like caricatures. Weird optics. Fun, nothing I need again at all cost, can think of better ways to spend a day. Didn't change me at all.

It seems to me that you have no knowledge of how these substances actually work and are just throwing around disinformation based on propaganda. Who's being jewed again?

LSD always conveys the ego destruction message. "We are all one, all beings are valuable". Blablabla. Such stale shite.

Cocaine, on the other hand, is a very testosteronois drug. Very right wing.

you

>The sober mind just realizes that there is nothing profound there.
This.
t.drug taking baka who is starting to come full circle

basically this, there are two types of LSD experiences.

Type A.
>dude, there is wisdom in this. You'll unlock so many doors that the government doesnt want you to know about! It will change everything about your life!

Type B.
>well, that was something. But overall just an experiment in temporary insanity, I don't think there is any real value to this experience other than entertainment.

>doing purely synthetic drugs

this sounds like my experiences with weed.
my thoughts turn into an incoherent mess full of nonsense and i keep laughing at the absurdity of it.

whenever i hear people talk about how weed is "spiritual" or "enlightening" i can't help but think that they are massive fucking retards

I've never seen anything as beautiful as the ocean on shrooms. The beauty wasn't hidden in the ocean, it was hidden in the interaction between the ocean and my altered perception. When I see the ocean now, I can remember what it looked like. That is the hidden beauty that people talk about.

or the experience had by somebody who can't only think in extremes

I know many of the epiphanies I had were actually pretty mundane, like maybe I should be nicer to my family and work out more. But because they were wrapped up in a trip, they seemed like beams of truth sent to me by a godlike alien race. I can easily see people taking that too far up their own assholes.

Found the acid virgin. Ignorant and proud of his ignorance.

Interesting to read about on Erowid though

just remember it's a deeply personal experience and you're reading the accounts of those who would give them

S T I C C

It doesn't at all. LSD is the best drug. There's not even a competition.

I drop acid every now and then and it hasn't really changed me at all, for better or for worse.

I just like acid because it makes everything look cool and it feels good. I don't really care about profound spiritual introspection or whatever the hippies claim. I just want to see the walls move and watch my dog grow an extra head.

Psychedelics are different and more powerful though. They really distort your thoughts and the perception of your surroundings. Still, nothing I'd expect to "enlighten" anyone.

take triple your standard dose and meditate, your scientific approach is good

He got drunk while he was working as a skeleton mob in a dungeon.

Hey Sup Forums

Just checking in to say these acid threads are all the same puddle of old diarrhea. Why do you keep shoving your face in?

On psychedelic you can have two oposing feelings at once, like love and hate in the same time - its nonduality - its crazy.

LSD turn people into nothing coz nothing exists. LSD either.