What does Sup Forums think of vegetarianism?

What does Sup Forums think of vegetarianism?

Is it redpilled or just a nu-male fad?

Other urls found in this thread:

lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/veggie.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The slightest bit of review of relevant information shows that vegetarianism is an obvious choice for better health. A quarter of Sup Forums probably lives off fucking pizza pockets though.

People don't do it because meat tastes really good, is a quick and simple but effective source of protein and B-vitamins. Vegetarianism is more work.

This is a fact. It is true that veggies are on average lighter. This is an argument based on modern wealth and excess. For almost all of the past, the problem for humans has been getting enough food. Obesity in a significant proportion of the population is a modern problem, brought on us by the ease of access to large amounts of sugary food, plus a lesser amount of exercise, and a retention of old instincts which made our hunting and gathering ancestors crave sweet things, fatty things, and salty things. Early humans evolved these instincts in a world where very sweet things were very rare, salt a vital rare nutrient, and wild prey animals were lean.

Now things are different, and whereas our instincts did not in the past lead to obesity, today they often do. This is not an argument for vegetarianism, however. This is an argument to persuade people to play more football, go dancing once a week, avoid Mars bars, and not to stuff cakes and cheap burgers into their mouths while watching Jerry Springer. Cheap, low quality meat with a high fat content does contribute to obesity in the modern world, but plenty of people manage to stay fit and lean and eat meat. There is nothing unique about meat for making people fat. A sedentary veggie eating cake all day will get fat too. However, vegetarians are perhaps less likely to stuff cakes into their mouths all day, because the sort of person who goes to the drastic step of forbidding themselves to eat meat is also the sort of person who is unlikely to stuff cakes down their hatch. The type of person who becomes a vegetarian is clearly the type to be quite obsessed by their diet, and so unlikely to over-do it on the cake front. Indeed, one only needs to view the denizens of the local “health” food shop to notice that many vegetarians are clearly underweight, which brings that average weight figure down quite a bit. Being underweight is not healthy.

A recent government report said that one in four sixteen year-olds in Britain is over-weight. It is also true, however, that the unfortunate offspring of middle-class parents quite commonly suffer from something which has been dubbed “muesli-belt malnutrition”. These children are fed on low-fat, low-sugar, low-salt diets by their health-faddish parents, and therefore not unnaturally end up with sometimes quite serious malnutrition. Skimmed milk is not for giving to growing kids, who need fat to grow. It is dreary grey water which might possibly suit over-weight adults.

If modern meats which are commonly available in shops are a bit too fatty for modern sedentary life-styles, then this is a reasonable argument for people to exert very effective consumer pressure by simply buying leaner meat. The farmers will quickly get the message, as indeed they already have.

>tfw vegan 25+ years
>tfw gluten free 10+ years
>tfw body building 3+ years

Feels good man. Carnie cucks are literally being bred out of existence every single day. Watch "Food Choices" on Netflix btw.

>your dinner plate determined that was a lie

No, farmers do care about the welfare of their animals. Partly this is because the sort of person who chooses to spend his life looking after animals is probably the sort who would care. Stock farming is not for the faint hearted. A dairy farmer has to milk his herd up to three times a day, every day, including Christmas Day, and when he has flu. Moreover, the farmer has a very strong vested interest in his stock. The healthier his stock is, the more money he makes. Money is a tremendously motivating factor. Over-crowded, over-stressed, under-fed, diseased cattle produce little milk, and get a rotten price at market. Content, healthy plump cattle are the reverse.

That someone might think that farming is necessarily cruel seems to belie an ignorance of reality in the wild. In the wild, a sheep would have to look for food, compete for it, jockey for position in the herd, look out for predators, guard its offspring, and it one day would die because of some accident, perhaps a fall, some nasty illness, or it would become weak and have its throat ripped out by the local predators. By striking contrast, the life of a farmed sheep is rather different. A farmed sheep has complete protection from predators; all the food of exactly its favourite kind at its feet all day every day, for which it does not have to compete; no competition for mates; no need to guard offspring; free health care; free haircuts; it is very unlikely to die in childbirth, and unlikely to die a nasty death. True, half a ewe’s offspring are taken away and killed. However, in the wild, a ewe would lose most of its offspring anyway, and in nastier circumstances. By the standards of the natural wild, a sheep’s life is about as cushy as a life could possibly be.

To suffer, a creature has to be aware that it is suffering. There is no reason to believe that sheep are conscious as humans are, and very good reason to believe that they are not (see this essay on consciousness - you will have to use your browser’s BACK button to return here).

The above used sheep as a main example. Some animals, one might argue, are less lucky. That farming can be cruel can be argued for certain particular examples. Pigs are quite intelligent, and there have been times and places where sows have been chained in tiny pens while rearing piglets. Such practices have been banned in many places, including Britain. Even if one accepts that such practices are cruel, these are not arguments for vegetarianism. They are arguments for farming reform. If it bothers you that much, buy free range meat. If some manufacturer of a type of chocolate bar did something of which you disapproved, would you then refuse to eat anything with sugar in it? You might if you were mad, but were you more sane, you might remember never to buy those chocolate bars, and you might write to your MP to lobby the company to stop being naughty. If all the people who really cared about animal welfare became vegetarians, then the only people left buying meat would be the people who didn’t care whom they bought it from, and these would just buy the cheapest or tastiest, regardless of cruelty. The caring people will only pack an economic punch in farming reform if they use their money to buy meat from the good farmers.

One type of modern animal lover is the little old lady who lives in her country cottage, with seventeen cats. While she writes letters to newspapers about the cruelty of modern farming, her cats are catching, playing with, torturing, maiming, and occasionally eating about twenty small creatures a week, each.

Tell me about the spandau.

/ourboy/

its ok if it is done in a redpill way

Hitler was a vegan

Veggietards BTFO by a BR, will never recover.

Eating meat created with factory farming and feeding animals antibiotics is unironically unethical.

Grass fed natural meat is the best alternative deal.

By a brit, actually. I'm just copy pasting his theories to see if vegetarians can stand up to scrutiny.

Here is the whole article

lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/veggie.html

>didn't read

A true vegan then!

There's no good reason not to be vegetarian.

Pro tip: I like muh tendies is not a valid reason.

inb4: "but Varg says you *need* meat*"

Lloyd is highly entertaining (at times), but he has literally ZERO credentials in terms of health, nutrition, medicine or history for that matter. Anyone who takes lifestyle advice from a literal LARPing YouTuber needs to an hero ASAP.

I'm a vegetarian. Really I chose to do it as a moral thing (been working with animal shelters and sanctuaries since I as a young lad), though I don't judge others. It's more work than an omnivore diet, but not too bad. I've been cooking all my life so it was a pretty easy transition for me.

My Mom's allergic to meat so...

There's no such thing as an ethical vegetarian.

Veganism or gtfo.

I was forced to be vegetarian as a kid by my batshit mother and now I have a million different conditions due to malnutrition

this is true.
i know i shouldn't eat meat, but damn is it tasty.
i think if i really gave it a shot, i could stick with fish and shellfish only.
oh, and i'm not giving up eggs.

Loyd is no vegetarian.

Fagget monkey, take you veggie food.

As the world population increases, people will have to switch to all vegetarian diets. Large scale meat consumption simply isn't sustainable long term.

Its nu male garbage.

AND NOW FOR A QUICK WORD ABOUT OUR SPONSOR THE GREAT COURSES PLUS

I've seen a lot of old life long vegans and vegetarians and they look way younger than their years, yeah meat taste good but I can't argue with the results.

DOWN WITH THE VEGAN AGENDA

vegetarians eat eggs, cheese, yogurt, drink milk, vegans are the no animal whatsoever.

Not enough energy to read thanks to your constrained veggie diet, huh?

All I read was booga ooga eat yo brocoli

Stop being a faggot.. this goes for all of you.
I don't give a fuck if you chose to be Vigo or a screeching vegan. Stfu.
Trying to equate veganism, or any choice of dietary choice desu, as better than any other is quite frankly the gayest stunt you could pull.
Fuck you faggots for pushing an agenda,

Fuck this meatless circle jerk, our ancestors had a diet consisting of only meat. That was until a lot of the abundant animals went extinct due to excess hunting, nonetheless we wouldnt have developed such a high degree of intelligence if it wasnt for our high protein diets. BTFO VEGGIE FAGS

I've got no problem with it. I could never be a vegetarian. That being said, I can only eat meat about 1/3 of the year.
It's not degenerate. It's quite healthy. It's a personal choice. Anyone that shoves it down your throat is a prick.

Blah blah muh suffering. Whatever.

Basically, fuck vegans for trying to shame me into a pattern of behaviour. Fuck them and their legumes

>Fuck this meatless circle jerk, our ancestors had a diet consisting of only meat.

Our ancestors lived to the ripe of age of 40.

So make your own choices. Pretty fucking simple.
Smoke or don't
Drink or don't
Snort coke or puff on joints or don't
Just don't describe your particular brand of faggotry as being 'it'

even it is was scientifically proven to increase my life by 100 years, I would still rather live to be 80 eating pic related than live to be 180 eating twigs and shit.

Why do you care, why expend so much effort to add a few more years to your life. Its fucking pointless.

Our ancestors died of diarrhea.

I'm a meat eater, but I won't deny the results I've seen of old life long vegans being healthier and way younger looking than their years, people getting off meds and health issues subsiding from going vegan. Shit works

To all people ITT. Eat meat just eat meat not so often. Make it special and buy high quality meat. Maybe twice a week a fucking good BBQ and another day some fucking good Lasagna and it's good.

Nu male fad supported by (((Them))) to breed inept and retarded offspring in the population that are easier to control.

Did you even read the posts or am I misunderstanding yours?

Been vegetarian for almost ten years, best decision of my life.

>book posting about shit that matters fuck all
autism

Eating soy is basically taking hormones to transition.

its gay

women only fuck real men who eat meat

the bloodier the better too trust me

Can confirm. I went veg and lost 70 lbs. In about 18 months.

Vegetarianism is fine.
Veganism is going too far.

Just because you're a vegetarian doesn't mean you have to start eating filth like soy or tofu.

I get veganism from the ethical perspective but you cannot possibly argue that it is healthier for you or that humans shouldnt eat meat, you cannot. Its completely absurd to make that argument

Vegans or vegetarians?

Vegans avoid animal products entirely while vegetarians are selective due to medical, cultural, or economic issues.

Vegetarians and especially vegans use fake science and misrepresentation of facts to support their belief. There are no demonstrable health benefits to going vegetarian. A healthy diet can quite easily include meat as a primary source of nutrition and this is well established and accepted by literally everyone who knows anything about nutrition. It really is not even worthy of discussion.

The only reason to go vegetarian is because of personal moral beliefs or as a form of self sacrifice, which can be a very powerful form of mental training. There are other ways to do that though, like full fasting.

thicc

I'm vegetarian pretty much 75% of the time. Feels good would recommend.

I try to eat vegetarian when I can, not for ethical or health reasons, but for sustainability reasons. Raising livestock takes huge amounts of land and water that could be put to better use.

If I'm at someone's house and they serve meat I'll eat it, if I get asked to a nice steak place I'll order a steak but generally for breakfast, lunch and dinner on normal days I won't eat any meat.

Yeah same

>tfw gluten free 10+ years

This faggot believe in gluten free diet shit and is calling himself redpilled.

Good for the Enviroment i guess .
But i can't stop eating meat personally.

who the fuck can afford meat
i eat it like once a weekend bbq with mate

Thats a good one:-)