Why Didn't Trump Win NY?

See Pic Related

I legitimately thought there were enough NY Republicans that would carry the state for him.

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/new-york/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This isn't the county map from last 2016. Is this 2012?

Hillary was also running as a New Yorker. Cancelled out his home state advantage.

If you take just upstate he would've won with around 60%. Virtually everyone is conservative in upstate NY except in Ithaca, the blue counties are just because there's a lot of blacks there. Most whites are conservative though and even the liberal ones don't follow the SJW ideology.

Cause of the mindless De Blasio Sheeple in NYC mainly

New Yorkers are educated.

Even though this map is outdated, I will be more than happy to answer this question for you.

Do you see that very very tiny dark blue spot at the state's south east location? That's New York City. It has an estimated population of about 11 million people.

In order for the state to shift to republican, that city needs to go RED.

Based on the 2010-2016 NYS census that was just released, NYS exhibited a mass exodus of about 850,000 people the past decade...BECAUSE of that god damn fucking city.

Alot of people don't know this, but NYS is largely a farm state. When a city dictates your policies and taxes through out the state that has absolutely nothing to do with living in a big fucking city, like owning a pistol, and paying over 6000 dollars a year in combined school and property taxes on a house that has an estimated value of only 100k on a 1500-2000sqft hourse, people leave. Many houses have not seen an increase in value the past 20 years.

New York state is a very shit place to run a business and be hired at a company. If you score a government job, youre set for life...and those are predominately the people that run things and still live in the state.

>(((educated)))

>tfw Ithaca

I hate the New York City region so fucking much! every time there is a tightening of restrictions and regulations, guess why? douche bags from the city. No tinted windows, stupid gun regulations, shitty business taxes.

Hi everyone, OP here.

First off, I apologize for the outdated map. I went ahead and found this election cycle's map. See pic related. Source for pic: politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/new-york/

Also, thank you all for the explanation, much appreciated. Follow up question, what is needed for Trump to win re-election in NY?

>his home state advantage
"home state advantage" only applies to career politicians acting in their state

for the city of New York to be nuked

That little isthmus in the southeast determines the politics of the entire state and to an only slightly lesser extent for the entire country. It's filled with urban and colored retards.

why can't right wing retards understand population density?

So did I but I didn't know there are a lot of sanctuary cities there including the one I'm from. I didn't know Rochester ny was a sanctuary city.

The blues cities are sanctuary cities for the most part

>indoctrinated.

a lot of (((people))) live in NYC

Like everywhere else, those blue areas are the cities where most people live

>tfw niagara county