25 years old

>25 years old
>make $18/h driving a forklift

Is anybody else here a failure? I was reading the Sup Forums STEM career thread and everybody else is making 70k starting at age 22.

$$ can't buy happiness or purpose.

That's on you faggot.

I've never made more than 11 dollars an hour and I'm 27 years old

Fuck off cry baby bitch

>make $18/h driving a forklift

how is that a failure? Also btw I was in that thread, lying up a storm about how much I really make.... just to fuck with braggers

Just get a STEM degree you will make 70k starting

that doesnt make you a failure

just live very cheaply and save as aggressively as possible, then start putting money in an index fund

then either just ride it out as long as possible, fighting for promotions whenever you can, or learn something that will get you a better job like a trade or code or something

>Unironicly believing anything Sup Forums says
>Forgetting the #1 rule of Sup Forums

amen bro

dude 18/hr isn't bad at 25 and you can do a shitload of jobs with forklift training. You'll make it user.. making more than I am right now... currently unemployed >.

I'm a bus driver making 15 bux per hour

be happy you have a job dude.

I don't want to hear it
>24
>3.977 GPA with dual degrees
>Washed out of USMC Officer School (injury)
>make half what you do managing the front office at a hotel
>have to work evening and weekend shifts
>literally never any time off
>literally no socialization of any kind

A. FUCKING. LEAF.

i make right around everyone else here.... but when I'm on 4chin I always say i make 150k, 1.5mil, 65k, just whatever number i make it up while eating cookie dough and watching tits

I make 18 an hour and I'm more than set with more money than I can spend (I live in the south though)

wow, what a fucking loser, man.

i'm 29, neet, no money, no savings, no health insurance, no car, no driver's license, can't even leave house for a day because pets, and my only life plan is to commit sudoku once my family and pets pass away.

but at least i don't have a job

I have a tech diploma in electrical engineering technology but every job wants 5 years experience, I get a job interview every few months then get rejected because there's always 200 other applicants and I just can't compete

>be OP
>work full time operating a forklift
>go home
>time to unwind
>loads up pic related

not true. i know plenty of people that have degrees that end up not being able to get hired into their field of study.
the market is flooded because basically anyone with a highschool degree can get accepted into college.
no joke.
the market is flooded.

Yut

Be a leader. Looks for ways to improve operations and be more efficient. Smart people get paid.

sage this bot

No one brags about their wages on this site unless they're relatively great or do so ironically. That being said, you should be goaded to achieve higher--earning that much is very possible and obtainable; don't mentally put yourself down. Aim for the higher for the sake of it, and know when to be content and how patient you should be.

25 and making 32$ an hour

what were your degrees in?

History & Philosophy
I was going to go to Law School, but went to Officer school instead.
Now, between Student Loan debt and Medical debt I can't afford Law school

i was thinking about getting exactly what you got.... maybe i should reconsider. I'm starting from square one so i really don't know which way to go and want REAL descriptions of a career path... not just what some fucking careers analyst on MSM tells me

I know that feel, bro. I'm thinking of just becoming a hitchhiker. No point in being a wageslave

I am NOT a bot

I make Sup Forums job threads because they actually create good discussion and can provide guidance and information to Sup Forums users

This thread is 100x better than some shitty twitter screencap "Sup Forums BTFO" thread

You live in America though, the Canadian economy is fucked I look at job postings in America all the time and there's WAY WAY more and have less requirements

>27
>work at a gas station, make 8.75 a hour
>No room for advancement, hard to find any type of job that pays what you get

And I only work 30 hours a week. I can't get anymore. I have tried and fought. I am desperately trying to get into the service work of the gas pumps. Fuck if anything I might go frak in Texas now. Kek be praised.

It's not what you do, it's how you do it

Damn. Sorry to hear that. Wish you luck fellow user.

maybe in Trudeaunia leaf, but not in US.

You're not so bad OP, I love you. If you made more tredeau would just tax you more so as to afford refugee lube for his drama teacher ass. Lots of people don't have any work right now. Just try to find conforts and stop chasing pussy. The world is well and fucked so don't bring any children in to suffer the assorted niggers of the world. Humanity is over. Watch it burn.

uh oh

4chins, let me have doubles to help this man

honestly, what's the point in working? i guess it's too late for me anyway, but i never gave a single fuck about my life or future. i remember high school guidance counselors being speechless talking to me. they could not seem to comprehend someone so indifferent to their own life and future. i just don't see the point of it all? i don't want to spend my life working just to survive just to work. and i don't see why i would have kids - what, so they can suffer the meaningless futility of life like me? tfw too intelligent to work. is it because i inhaled burning cannabis at age 16? in a way i do feel like i've been plagued with amotivational syndrome since that time but it feels inherently wise at the same time. there's some kind of great freedom in renouncing your own life and having no further future plans than to die once your family passes on naturally.

I am 29 and just started a business and will probably only earn about 20k this year.

I am going to go back to school for electrical engineering. I can work part time and earn enough to pay the bills, the only loss to savings will be from school.

No other choice right now. I wish i would have done it a few years ago. If you are thinking of doing something, do it, don't wait....not because of age, but because you might as well just start now.

This is true. Foreign worker programs don't help either. There are allot of incompetent people making allot of money these days and allot of talent being wasted. It's a real shame.

It is true, ur friends are probly aspie fucks and cant find jobs cuz they sperg out whenever talking to important people. Stemfag here 6 years, 2 years into work and make 125k

>28 years old
>make 50k/year

anyone else fell for the STEM PhD meme?

That's a very shitty pay for that kind of job 2bh

Dude. History and Philosophy? WTF were you thinking you would do with that?

no, but I lie about it on here all the time

i do wonder what awaits me in future once everyone has gone. it's such an odd feeling, being around everyone, then knowing that they will all disappear, leaving me completely alone, to die by myself. i only feel bad about it when i think about it from my dad's perspective. i'm his only son.

>24 years old
>making $18/h driving a forklift

i made it bros

OP, I work in a warehouse and I am remarkably aware of the importance of forklift drivers for getting heavy shit down from high places. You are a vital part of your organization and you are definitely not a failure.

i went from infantry to janitor. i want to blow my brains out everyday.

>20
>making $18/h driving a forklift

sorry to burst your bubble

Didn't even read the second line, did you?

>25
>make 12.25/h answering calls for Loblaws
Yeah, I suck too.

>the plight of young white males

Is this like the white man's burden but reversed?

To be honest, american college tuition is crazy high. How did you allow it?

thank you for the attempt. I am sure I will either find a good trade job soon or find myself in some sort of law and enforcement honestly

Forklift driver is good honest work
Are you a failure? I think you're remnant of a bygone era, the caucasoid here don't do that stuff anymore. Maybe you'll see one here and there but it's only temporary. They made a system comprising of lax immigration, these people do the labor for them. Now they work only in office buildings sitting around all day getting most of the money.

>tfw too intelligent to work

I know what you're feeling, and it's hard to explain. Gotta find that balance.... otherwise you might end up homeless. A decent number of homeless are extremely intelligent, but just don't desire society's version of success. (Laziness is a separate issue, and for simplicity we're assuming all parties here aren't afflicted with that.)

oh cool. I could provide proof if you're claiming I'm lying. Otherwise good job, keep up the lies

Quit fucking complaining and comparing yourself to others. Keep grinding man, and shit will change.There will always be someone out there that makes more than you. Always. Unless of course, you're the richest man on the planet. My point stands, cut out the self-hating 15-year-old emo, it's pathetic.

>19
>making 50 dollars per dick
>I suck 20 dicks per day
sorry to bust your bubble fggt

I know people with STEM degrees that are either badly underemployed or unemployed. I also know people in STEM that while employed in their field have basically been dead ended into shitty career paths because they aren't absolutely cutthroat when it comes to advancing their career. I also know people in STEM who have to deal with insane job volatility despite the very high salaries. It's not as rosy at the starting salaries for freshly minted graduates that found jobs would make you believe.