/odg/ Oroville Dam General - Water slide Edition

>What happened so far
- Main spillway got damaged - because of no maintaining - because Cali thought that they will never have that much water again - because of Muh Climate Change. And they needed the money for illegals.
- They closed the main spillway to inspect the damage
- Because of the closed main spillway, water went over the emergency spillway
- Emergency spillway was in even worse condition and it got BTFO pretty bad
- They opened the main spillway again, so that water doesn't go over the emergency spillway any longer
- Main spillway gets slowly BTFO and half of it is gone. But it is stable at the moment.
- They try to "repair" the emergency spillway because if rain hits hard, water will go over it again (even if they keep the main spillway open) and would rek the dam

> Be careful! There is plenty of old footage marked als livestream!

> Hourly Waterlevel
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO
>Scanner
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/24979
> Bubbles near emergency spillway!
youtu.be/EqEU2X6yBPk?t=31s
> Pictures
pixel-ca-dwr.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000OxvlgXg3yfg/G00003YCcmDTx48Y/Oroville-Spillway-Damage
> Webcam from the wrong side
parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411
> NoFly-Zone
tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_7_3920.html
> RainRadar
accuweather.com/en/us/oroville-ca/95965/weather-radar/331994
> Reservoir Condition
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
> Wind Map
windytv.com/?39.535,-121.469,12,anCziIF
> Latest Seismograph
earthquake.usgs.gov/monitoring/helicorders/nca/112/latest/
>2013 Damage
sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/02/10/maintenance-records-show-oroville-dam-spillway-previously-patched/
>LA webcam
swellmagnet.com/surf-cams/malibu-surf-cam-and-report/
>Data Sheets
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/137PgSYQtNfLWfEIOTImzeGKgTzVY_awWfzv1pSyZmxE/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ventusky.com/?p=39.90;-121.20;7&l=snow&t=20170218/15&m=gfs
ventusky.com/?p=39.90;-121.20;
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/112999126/#113000000
youtube.com/watch?v=HYAExMCaCN8
youtube.com/watch?v=nk2wViKSh_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lets get comfy

Im going to use my dduubbs and hope for Dam tumble

i want a live webcams setup at the dam and all along the carnage route.
has there been an environmental impact reoprt when this thing bursts and caries cali blood all over the state?

What did he mean by this?

lad you better pay for that dam

thanks man

The dam will fall this Sunday.

you shitfucker

praise kek and pass the sweet 13.5 volt float charge

Kek wills it

Dont get mad at me, i am but a mouthpiece of Kek.

ill pay for the dam, because i broke the damn.

So I guess nothing's gonna happen then eh? It's saturday, the rain has come and everything has held strong.

Why do I invest in happenings, they never seem to pay out.

its been staying at 13.4V the past 7 hours
I'm worried it will drop to 13.3

LEARN TO SWIM
>LEARN TO SWIM
LEARN TO SWIM
>LEARN TO SWIM
LEARN TO SWIM
>LEARN TO SWIM
LEARN TO SWIM
>LEARN TO SWIM

bringing pic from making sure everyone sees it.
from morning to mid-day 17 feb 2017.

is it happening anytime soon?

you will not divide up

Likely not. But the big incoming weather system will hit soon and things could get interesting. We persume due to post above you that they cut outflow from 100k to 70k because it's btfoing the hillside.

====TRANSITION ROM PREV THREAD====

Sorry, but no. Tis just bend of trough.

Russian Anonimous Internet Engeneering Research Team concluded it for shure and confidently.

(actual thread: 2ch /point\ hk /backslash\ po /backslash\ res /backslash\ 20939775 /point\ html)

As a former Butte County resident, I can confidently say Oroville should be wiped away and Chico should become the county seat.

>tfw no hurricane katrina-like event

Tuesday 6:21 local time. The dam tumbles

daaaamn. shit is branching out, turning in a confluence.

snow cover around the reservoir's collection basin.

This woman looks very comfort.

404 mate (also those are forward slashes)

But if you're saying that the end result is the water just going down a more natural route and that there will be no big collapse, then I agree with that. That's similar to my original prediction.

Hmm... i see that hole, injury, damage, destruction area, no differ how you name it -- DOES NOT EXPANCE UPWARDS in comparison to monday height.

So..why should i care about commiefornia ?

and freezing level 7am tomorrow.

source for snowpack:
ventusky.com/?p=39.90;-121.20;7&l=snow&t=20170218/15&m=gfs
and freezing level map:
ventusky.com/?p=39.90;-121.20;
7&l=freezing&t=20170218/15&m=gfs

You can't see that far up the hill in the pic of the new flow

Anyone else listening to the scanner? Base seems to be asking for status more frequently?
Hours ago heard something about 6 gallons per minute? Little while ago they said 39 gallons per minute. What are they referring to?

That's normal though. The water isn't cutting down from above. It's cutting from the middle, causing the hill to erode from underneath.

So it takes out a lot of earth but there isn't fast vertical growth.

You shouldn't, I live there and I don't.

at an average inflow rate (cfs) of 200k per hour it would take 76 hours to get back to a water level of 900 feet (assumed 100k outflow per hour)

Brisbane floods when I was hoping the once in 50000 year storm reservoir with frangible wall was going to be activated but they opted to let the city flood instead
everyone pulled together and cleaned the city up afterwards, people were either working with shovels/brooms or making and handing out food

scanner says offline

They already cut outflow to 70k. But I imagine they'll crank it back up if they have to rather so that the emergency spillway remains a last resort.

>investing money in gibbs and dem programz instead of infrastructure

It's not happening.

offline now

where does trump stand on money/aid for cali as a sanctuary state now?

Korean comfort woman?

very comfort indeed

DIDF pls go

>there isn't fast vertical growth.

Yeah!
Consequently, there is no reasons 2 wait 4 HABBEDING

>assumed 100k outflow per hour

How fast shall it destroy spillway upwards to the upper Gate?

HAPPENING!!

That could be a pressure spring downstream, or perhaps even a crack in some part of the dam or another.
or maybe all the new rock and concrete on top of saturated soil had some unintended effect?

It's always been a waiting game. The question has always been how much more water is going to flow in to the lake over a course of a week or two, and whether or not enough small failures would cascade into something major.

I assume the main spillway is sitting on rock where it broke off because otherwise it would continue to break off further up. If that's true then probably there won't be enough runoff to erode the hill enough for another major failure.

anyone else comfy as fuck in Placer county?

approximately how long between those radio calls, anons?

>Thinking the dam will fail

Who am I to believe Sup Forums or the heroes working to keep California safe?

Shit, you're probably right. They did mention a crack several hours ago, didn't seem to be any concern voiced at the time so didn't think much of it.

Yes. Placer county is always comfy. Got myself a sprite remix here

if they hadve done their job the main spillway would be intact right now

I can't stand this. Either happen or don't!

My gut tells me that the use of the main spillway will avert disaster but they will need to build a whole new slipway at huge cost, possibly where the current emergency spillway is, then turning the current one into the emergency one once it is finished

Ideally this reminds people that if we need massive government spending to juice the economy then it should be on infrastructure like during the Great Depression, not on shoring up the books of the Too Criminal To Fail banks.

Were are we in the "THEY ALL GUN' DIE" way of things?

Maybe stage

Only at the IT GON RAIN stage

just get comfy this one will take a while

but something will happen, they're doomed because of chronic under-maintenance

why does this thread keep being made.

nothing is happening guys.

the picture on the right was from day before yesterday. the picture on the left was from yesterday and does not include much of the primary spillway or hole area.
now you tell me, ivan, are we going to kick globalist ass, and globalist bankers' asses together?

>the rain has come and everything has held strong.

Unless all the damage can be fixed in less than 2 months, then the snow melt and more rain will impact the dam

>Why do I invest in happenings, they never seem to pay out.

This happening technically, has been happening since 12 years ago when the sinkhole first caused major damage in 2004.

they are playing with the data

two pump chump detected

check these doobies

if only there ws a president who would redirect war money towards fixing our national infrastructure.

kek smiles upon your wisdom.

>still at this stage

I want my happening NAOW, Daddy! I want it NAOOOOWWWW!!!!

>pump chump

?

What's the fucking water level at? When's this bitch gonna overflow?

What was it

Did it overflow?

What was the reason for the 2004 sinkhole? One common reason for sinkholes is underground water flow.

It means a person who ejaculates after two thrusts of pon0r into vag00.

Yeah, right, DIDF

>113000000
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/112999126/#113000000

That's weird why was the 11300000 get and the post linking to it both deleted? These fucking mods man.

It will go
>Over the Top

there's been a loooot of extra water in that reservoir. i wonder if the water-wall inside the dam was good, or if something forced it's way underneath.

unrelated but applicable.
youtube.com/watch?v=HYAExMCaCN8

rain in 30 minutes

snow melt for 30 days

i broke the dam

So officially the water level is going down?

Can't someone just scrutinize the helicopter footage and compare it against previously known levels?

>the picture on the right was from day before yesterday

Before yestrdy may be even wednesday.
Point is that the hole is situated the same point as in MONDAY.

Not habbeding.

>now you tell me, ivan, are we going to kick globalist ass, and globalist bankers' asses together?
Whyever i want to answer seriously.

I think its too late. We should prepare to die in global nuclear-conflict collapse for sake of great Old Europe and UK GBNI, as we call it here ir RF. We are all fucked due to failure of your dumbass globalists and our neo-sovetists.

They made it a no fly zone, so we don't have news copters there and the news would rather reply the emergncy spillway footage to get clicks and likes. AFAIK it's mainly been individuals who returned after the evac order was lifted taking pictures.

But they're dumping out a load of water and there's only been enough rain to get the ground saturated, so it's reasonable to believe that the water level has dropped as claimed.

there is a leak somewhere. There just has to be

At this point it's more of a social club for dam bros.

this

here are some scenarios for inflow > outflow to get back to 900 feet

rainfall levels and inflow in the last few days

what do you mean?

>404 mate (also those are forward slashes)
Another try:

www@google@ru#search?q=2ch@hk#po#res#20939775@html

@ for '.'
# for '/'

yeah

Nice work Doitsu

what does the voltage mean?

do we have any data for the catchment rainfall -> inflow level?

youtube.com/watch?v=nk2wViKSh_M

kek Russian humor is funny. Too bad I can barely read any of it.

But the least funny picture is most relevant to your argument, so I'll repoast that one.