Intellectuals

Who is you guy's favourite intellectual and why?

JUST

Jordan Peterson or GTFO

>figure yourself out
>slay the dragon
>rescue your father from the belly of the whale
>Piaget

Daddy Peterson is the best.

You people behave like leftist retards debating if Lenin or Trotsky is their favourite manfu. Fucking cancer.

YOU MUST SAVE YOUR FATHER

Myself desu
>tfw
>too intelligent to believe in god
>too intelligent to believe humans are all the same
>too intelligent to drink alcohol or do drugs
>too intelligent to not supplement with vitamin D & certain amino acids
>too intelligent to be left wing
>too intelligent to not believe that after death I'll be around some time again through reincarnation because of infinite time, & an infinite cycle of death & birth of universes in what's probably a multiverse filled with a vast number of other universes, if not infinite
>to intelligent to have friends, a gf, or a job, lmao

Myself. I have an IQ for 171.

>Go to the bottom of the unkown and revify your dead father

Hitler!

What about this guy?

Not really. I'm new to intellectualism and I want some ideas on who I should listen to.

he doesn't afraid of telling how it be

Politically, probably Ben Shapiro.

Religiously, William Lane Craig.

>Trusting a Jew
>Ever

Enjoy your knife.

Adorno
Benjamin
Marcuse
Einstein
Freud
Spinoza
Marx

salute

Freud????

Jordon Peterson

JBP to the rescue

Sam Harris is a faggot that can't even go outside of his tiny, small view that truth is and can only be scientific truth.

Everyone was like "ooooh Harris BTFO'd Peterson", I didn't think so. Harris couldn't get past his own narrative to look at someone else's.

well you wrote his name wrong but you were graced by the lord Kek.

Peterson wouldn't concede that there is even such a thing as an objective truth, outside of what makes monkey-men happy, Peterson is a retard.

Lars Ulrich: he always spit the truth

There isn't such a thing as objective truth, retard.

This is my favourite

Nassim Taleb

hold the fuck up
there are like 2500 years worth of shit to read and interpret before being able answering that

>mfw been following Peterson for ages and now he's everywhere because he got into a fight with SJWs

everything I love becomes a meme

He's a leftist your dumb fuck

Kill yourself
Repeat that shit infinitely

He's not though. Explain to me why you think he is.

jordan peterson made a fool of himself on the podcast with sam. sam thoroughly understood jordan's view, and continually pointed out how untenable it was. i hope that dumbass is never allowed to waste any more time on the podcast. before they got into the truth discussion, i thought jordan was a reasonable guy, but i guess anyone with half a brain can sound reasonable when you're railing against the ultimate idiocy of hyperfeminist canadian cuck laws.

delete this

Joseph Goebbels, he made Germany Great Again

JP didn't put in a very good showing but Harris was deliberately being autistic as fuck. All it would have taken was 'ok well let's use a placeholder term for what you're talking about and move on', but he insisted on going REEEEEEEE I'M RIGHT FUCKING ACCEPT IT REEEEEEEE for an hour and a half

This!

JP isn't a trained philosopher, he should sit down with one to express his views on truth and metaphysical shit better, but what Harris (who is supposed to be one) should have done is say that he disagreed about the metaphysical assumptions and either decide he couldn't talk then, OR move past it. Rather he felt like he had to try and prove that his metaphysical view was right, except that's not how it works.

There are enough other philosophers like Wittgenstein and Stengers that have criticized the scientist and positivist arguments Harris is making, Peterson just doesn't know them. If you've done some epistemology you just know Harris is kinda predictable on that level.

Wilhelm von Humboldt

Harris was acting like a fucking retard.

>Hey Jordan, whats truth?
>Well Sam, it's not that simple, the very framework we use for --
>REEE, How about my autistic example?!
>Well that correct and all but that doesn't grasp what the overrall picture of what truth is.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE, HOW ABOUT THIS EXAMPLE?!
>I mean, yea, I get it. You are wanting to debate within this framework. I'm saying that the framework itself needs to be debat --
>RE RE RE RE RE RE MUH EXAMPLES?!?!?

It was like listening to a petulant child try and grasp a new concept. I always suspected Harris was just full of shit but this 100% confirmed it.

Yes. That kike is so annoying.

Someone didn't do their quantum physics.

this

It's just sad. A friend who's usually pretty smart told me I "had to check it out because Sam Harris btfo'ed Peterson". Erm, no.

Hitler

Atheism is the ultimate blue pill.

I like the idea of an all white ethnostate.

Someone didn't read their Kant

What's so great about Shapiro? He's a good debater but his political insights are just carbon copy American Judaeo-Christian Cuckservatism.

Shapiro just does a much better job of arguing from that perspective because he's not a redneck retard.

Overrated as fuck. Good meme tho

>Kant
>Not Nietzsche

Kek.

He conceded it in his non-discussion with Harris, Peterson was merely trying to place the emphasis on a grander truth that he would have probably tied into his thinking on transcendent goals.

>thinking Nietzsche isn't a little baby compared to a giant that is Kant

Here's your guide to philosophy boi:

The only two philosophers that ever mattered are Aristotle and Kant. You can skip the rest.

Probably Goethe

I mean, that's really dependent on your perspective isn't it boi

also
>not thinking people inherently covet power over all else
>thinking 'good' or 'bad' exist

seconding this.

>thinking that's what Kant actually meant and not in a sense of good being what behavior is good for society and bad being what behavior is bad for society

>thinking some shitty political satirist has any weight in philosophy

low iq replies

ITT: half these people aren't even actual philosophers

Nassim Taleb

-Knows the classics and knows some math (i.e. actually posses the basic prerequisites for being an intellectual)
-Gives practical advice on how to live your life
-Laughs at Trump haters, trolls them on Twitter
-Deadlifts

>Aristotle and Kant

Baby's first philosophy degree I guess.

>drugged up Marxian bitch boi

>Baby's first philosophy degree I guess.

actually it's my 4th philosophy phd

I mean, Machiavelli was pretty on the ball when it came to ruling. People want power, and they want to hold on to it no matter what.

>thinking humans aren't inherently selfish

human's, even if they do things 'good' or 'bad' for society would be doing it out of selfish means, because it's how they'd survive in their perceived future.

I like Philosophy with you Serbia-kun

>4th philosophy phd
>in Serbia
Kek.

>4th philosophy phd
>18 years of normal schooling, 3 year of ba, 2 years of masters degree, 4 * 4 years of phd
Congrats, you're almost 40 and still on Sup Forums

>human's
>checks flag

how can you be this bad at your own language? I will never understand this...

>I like Philosophy with you Serbia-kun

what does this even mean?

people always act in their own self interest but not in the way you think.

all human interaction is nothing more than a bunch of simple economic transactions that happen if and only if both parties either gain something or avoid losing something(pseudo gain).

that something can be internal or external.

internal can be:
>feeling good
>feeling happy
>seeing yourself as a good person because you performed a good action
>feeling good because you helped someone in need

and external rewards can be:
>money
>food
>protection
>housing
>transportation
>gifts
>physical pleasure

Every waking moment your brain is calculating the chances of profit in every single interaction you have with other people. What that profit will be is irrelevant but all you do with anyone is because you will profit by it in some way at some point in time. But it's always for you.

We wouldn't survive long as a species if we could do anything truly selfless.

It's worth noting that your brain isn't a perfect objective logical machine. So the smarter you are the better these calculations will be. Stupid people for example always tend to do stupid shit that will yield them no profit, internal or external, but they believe it will they just can't tell because they're stupid. Example: pretty much all criminals think

>implying I didn't do all my phds at the same time

what are you, a noob?

>if we could do anything truly selfless.
That reminded me of Hobbes for some reason.

>tfw you rescue your father from the underworld

Nihlism is.

Being a moral atheist is the ultimate red pill.

Bogs know everything

Many of you faggots will not like this answer.

But Feynman is pretty great.

Stefan Molyneux.

>Someone didn't do their quantum physics.

I'm guessing you're talking about yourself here.
Quantum mechanics isn't a theory of reality. It's a theory of measurement.

>delegating your thinking to someone else
Cuck

>tfw too intelligent to believe at all

Lol nice try Sam

Most foolish person I have witnessed in a while thanks for the chuckle user.

mexican intellectuals

he looks so greasy sometimes

I know this feel.

I watched styx way before this election when he rarely did politics and mostly focused on drugs and the occult, Morrakiu and Ryan Faulk back when they were atheist libertarians and Alex Jones all the way back before the 2010's.