[Very] Fake News

Can someone help organize the development of the fake news meme for me? Where did it start, what were the watershed nodes in its development?

From what I understand, Journolist rags started writing seriously and sternly—in approx. the same moralizing, concerned tone as the 'clown epidemic' (remember, remember?)—about "fake news" in late 2016 in order to smear Trump and right wing sites as incorrigible liars.

Now it seems like Trump supporters and general scorners of the major media outlets have co-opted the term and turned it on the original purveyors of it. Now those same media outlets are criticizing Trump et al. for using the term as a smear.

Do I have that right?

The 180° to have happened really fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CraigSilverman?s=09
mega.nz/#F!awxhlQiS!eSWUeTUUUbSll8ZBcvf5DA!X54T0bzb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yep, the border counties certainly are hotbeds of progress and education
Definitely nothing to do with being spics

Yeah you have it right

Basically major outlets, primarily CNN, blamed "fake news" for giving trumps supporters innacurate information leading to his victory. Innacurate information like Hillarys corruption, the general hate the left and urban feels towards rural areas, that Trump isnt literally turbo Hitler fused with satan. This turned around so quickly because tge news outlet that coined the term fake news had been ousted for taking brides from one presidential candidate and running a 16 month string of hit pieces regardless of how concrete evidence was.

And austin is 48% non-hispanic white
in 2010
This is the main reason why cities are blue
fucking non-whites

Fake news is now the " NO U" of the media

>the news outlet that coined the term fake news

Which one was that? I guess I always presumed it was several of them in conjunction, in like a JournoList type of collaboration.

But thanks for the corroboration. Googling "fake news*" doesn't help much—it just gives results for stories by the major media outlets (usually decrying Trump's anti-press retaliations).

I hope someone is soberly cataloging the evolution of all this for posterity's sake.

Mainly I think it's hilarious how people have turned it against the MSM so profoundly. So satisfying.

the first mention of "fake news" as from Current year man,Tbh

i remember agreeing with him because i thought he meant "Trump is a literal nazi, here's how hillary doesnt even worry if she's winning" stuff

MSM began pushing "fake news" very hard to cover up pizzagate. Now it's being used against them.

>I hope someone is soberly cataloging the evolution of all this for posterity's sake.
These people literally never learn. Their elitism has lead them to believe that nobody will notice and the nothing will come of it. Hell they even let Hillary speak without a script during the campaign trail and it ended the same as last time. Except instead of saying blacks were literal animals she said trump supporters were deplorables that should be removed by the state.

As for the terms real origin, i believe it was one of those comedy news shows, but the term was used heavily by CNN as they tried to get people to trust them again

yeah, it definitely started with the dude shooting in Comet, or just after the election.

minorities are the problem. they voted for shit endlessly.

we just need to get rid of them back to their own countries.

i say we open up Blasreal in Iraq. It will be for black people that think their Israelites and then we meme them into believing it!

that plus a border wall and declaring all these chinese spys as spys should fix our voting problems.

(((education)))

Places like Gawker and Buzzfeed popularize clickbait to draw readers and make revenue from ads.

Companies, mostly foreign, take notice and set up news sites whose main purposes is to farm ad revenue via clickbait news articles (Like the ones on Sup Forums).

MSM media attack new media right wing news sites like Breitbart and Infowars for actually reporting on Clinton, decrying them as fake news.

Some actual fake news stories trended on places like Facebook and Silicon Valley got into the mix, with Facebook planning to going back to censoring conservative stories and Google demonetizing fake news clickbait sites.

Conservative media sees the MSM and Silicon Valley planning to censor them and control and begins calling them fake news. Trump latches on this label with his already testy relationship with them and it sticks.

>Paying $2500 for a 800 sq/ft apt=smart
>paying $1000 for an 3/2 with 10 acres=dumb

Herr you go OP. It started with Craig Silverman of Buzzfeed.

I actually think his original intentions were fine. The articles were covering shit like ads you see at the bottom of webpages with click bait shit (ironically buzzfeed itself would apply here).

Then CNN and a certain John Oliver segment decided that he was talking about any right wing news media and applied it there.

twitter.com/CraigSilverman?s=09

There are actually a bunch of websites that put out deliberately fake information with made-up source, like evidence that Obama is gay or something like that, and then spread this stuff on social media to get clicks.

Then some guy put out a list of fake news sites and included (((Breitbart))) and Infowars on it and shitload of liberal media outlets referenced this list.

Conservatives, particularly (((Breitbart))), countered by calling all liberal news outlets fake news when they were caught lying. After that it just became a term for any inaccurate story. For example (((Breitbart))) puts the title "FAKE NEWS" on their front page whenever a leftist rag calls (((Milo Yiannopolous))) alt-right or a white nationalist.

i live in one of the southern blue counties, everyone here has a really bad case of doublethink. they can all rattle off tons of bad shit that has happened directly because of illegals (accidents, murders, kidnappings, ransoms, having to collect their bodies from the brush) but if the media says the wall is racist and bad they cede to authority and go along with what theyre told.

Thanks, this sounds very close to what I've perceived and notes the important piece of perceived-censorship by news-aggregator sites (Facebook) and search engines (Google). Forgot about that.

>I hope someone is soberly cataloging the evolution of all this for posterity's sake.

Here u go family, a collection of fake news:

mega.nz/#F!awxhlQiS!eSWUeTUUUbSll8ZBcvf5DA!X54T0bzb

I live in north texas. Can confirm Dallas is full of niggers and mexicans.
Oh and most white males are gay. Lots of gays

>Where did it start

I heard Washington D.C.'s conservative morning talk guy (Chris Plante) say that it was started by the Washington Post.

It's obvious that Dallas is super gay.

This is extremely valuable, thanks.

>CNN starts calling shit fake news
>people start calling CNN fake news
>This triggers CNN more than anything.

Don Lemon and that Chris Cuomo hate it so much. It's hilarious.

The cities went blue because all the liberals fleeing California but want to make their new home just as bad. Liberal refugees are worse than Muslim refugees. California should get a travel ban.

First the Russians spread the Pizzagate rumor through their puppet WikiLeaks.
Then CNN called it fake news, which it is.
Then CNN criticized Drumpf.
Then Drumpf called CNN fake news.

So, today, whenever you disagree with Trump or deny the Russian "leaks" you are fake news.

Wrong.

I was involved and helping.

When the gunman went into comet pizza with a gun because of pizzagate CNN said he was motivated by (((fake news))) on Sup Forums.

No, it wasn't fake news. One thing I did when we were trying to figure out how to shut down CNN and drain the swamp was make an observation that we memed to normies.

"I jewtubed (CNN fake news) because I wanted to see what they were talking about."

If you Jewtube CNN fake news, you don't get clips of CNN talking about fake news, you get a huge amount of videos of legitimate fake news produced and broadcast by CNN.

It was hilarious!

I better get a fucking (you) from this.

What have you faggots done to help drain the swamp today?!

I fucking hate most of you

@112193205 & 112192479

ur a faget

What?

>@
Good job Merkel you fucking stupid fag

It started right after the election. Idiot libs in denial needed reasons to latch onto for why they lost, other than "we supported a weak, corrupt, hated candidate and had our heads so far up our asses we thought she was winning."

So: "fake news" and "Russian hacking" were born.

Both are imbecilic but "fake news" was hilariously exploitable because the news has been rank propaganda for decades, and it didn't take Sup Forums long to turn that one around.

more like every city next to the Mexican border is blue due to illegal immigrants ilegally voting

the dense areas are where the super poor, super dumb, the insane, the lazy, the immigrants,the horribly publicly educated live....

>I guess I always presumed it was several of them in conjunction, in like a JournoList type of collaboration.
That's right. These people are all reading off the same script. You can see it every day.

what is this trying to say? that people in cities are smarter? that's where all the inner city niggers live and most are dumb as bricks.

>Locations of the majority of college campus'

>All of them sanctuary cities

Certainly no correlation.

But now Texas is banning sanctuary cities in 2018.

Just holding it down in the silent majority, bud.

What are you doing?

Most big cities are more ethnically diverse which means more likely to vote for Democrats, especially in Texas where diversity also means more Mexican-American citizens who do not want to see family members who are illegal immigrants being deported.

A lot of the white people in Texas who do not live in the big cities do not want to see their communities over run with illegal immigrants so they would support Trump.

>47% of the adult population of Detroit is illiterate
Gets the nogging jogging

"Fake news" literally = "lugenpresse"

I love it

You used a nazi word you bad man
you are literally hitler.

You know Drumpfkins are all Nazis because they wear those red hats.

You know who else wore hats?

The Nazis.

Case closed.

there's more than 5 cities in texas and they went red. fort worth, arlington, amarillo, laredo, lubbock plus you have the suburbs where the successful people of the cities live like plano, frisco, woodlands, leander. the best schools in texas are not in dallas or houston. disd has been in the news over 30 years about its failing practices. to claim trump only won because rural rednecks is naive because there aren't even that many left. makes me laugh how political comics make fun of trump supporters by painting them as obese rednecks with guns, but they never dare make fun of the actual retards who vote en masse for democrats: niggers

Well we all know there's only two things in Texas

Education = Ethnic/Gender Studies

The false flag actor? These kikes are so bad at psyOPs now they are literally nigger tier. The camera was the smoking gun for the comet pizza shooting hoax. Orlando, Virginia, Aurora, Sandy, Boston were all so poorly done it is like they want to divide the rational thinkers from the sheep at this point. And they want the sheep convinced 2+2=5.

Fake News = PROPAGANDA
THESE NIGGERS JUST OUTTED THEMSELVES.

Texans and faggots from other states shitting up the place.

>getting defensive over your faggy state swirling down the toilet
California 2.0

Liberals like painting.
Hitler was an aspiring painter.

Pic related is fake news as Trump won the much bigger suburbs surrounding the major cities. These areas aren't rural at all.

CNN got it rolling after the election labelling evrything that's not mainstream news "fake". Pizzagate got them even more fired up about Fake News - even Hillary Clinton came out to reinforce the meme.

After the piss Buzzfeed story the tides turned and the term now belongs to Trump.

You know whenever you go on some website and it's got just terrible clickbait, usually broken into 3-6 stories within one adspace.

Yeah, a few of those got political and then in the scrimmage to cover their ass after Shillary lost someone came up with that being the reason, then it turned into accusing actual media corporations rather than macedonian teenagers, THEN trump turned it on the Major media corporations.

Fake Sup Forums post detected

Wrong

Fake news started in 2003 with the Iraq invasion. Fake Media went right along with the fake war, fake yellow cake, fake WMD.

>Cotton belt of Mississippi
>educated

Haha, your power level is impressive.... Having said that, your wrong. It started in the 70's with feminism. Prove me wrong.

That is the fact. Kudos to you Sir.

I have to wonder what media pundits and anchors like Don Lemon have to think of themselves. Surely, when they were younger, they had to have been motivated by a desire to inform people as true journalists? Does a part of them ever nag at them about their complicity in deceiving the public? The fact thatbthey are such massive sell-outs?

>shitposting since '83

Red (pill) = Knowledge
Blue (pill) = Ignorance

fuckall these revisionists/ignorants

fake news as the term used today rose directly from the podesta emails via wikileaks and the pizza related speculation the closely followed. do an internet analytics yourself, fake news vs pizzagate, its right there