Baltic pol, what do you think about Russian takeover

- Baltic states fear that US dwindling support for NATO could encourage Russian aggression in the area

- Would Russia want any of you guys back?

- Is there a sizeable population in your government and citizenry that would like to be reunited?

It always seems the Baltic posters in this forum shit all over Russia and would never go back. But I've been hearing different. Let's hear some opinions.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Latvia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>But I've been hearing different

Russian Internet Defense Force

Also fuck off

Russia or anyone really would be insane to do so
> no natural resources
> population lives off EU gibs=used to gibs
> no exports of value
> old infertile population that needs muh pensions (paid in gibs)

The only way these countries are attracting a remote amount of interest these days is by being next door to Russia

We should give them back to russia

t.goldberg and silverstein

Everything I have always believed is that most slavic countries would rather be part of Russia again. My croatian friend says that russia has better cigarettes.

It is pretty clear. Russia would love to have them back, for purely geopolitical reasons: the need for a harbor in hot waters. It is really that simple.
On the other hand, it's up to them. I don't understand why they feel happier with the west, since they became whores and toilet cleaners in all europe.
Anyway, since the conflict is now mainly economic, let's see how long can they survive on EU gibs, while their manpower and brains are drained faster and faster.

>US dwindling support for NATO
Did you watch the Pence speech yesterday? The US isn't moving away from it, in fact, I expect the russians to get completely BTFO by them... as usual

>Russia would love to have them back
>slavic countries

>BALTS
>SLAVS

I hate my countries educational system soooo much.

Eesti pays NATO dues, Daddy Trump should protect.

Russia is definitely taking over these states. Currently Russians are immigrating there en masse like they did with Crimea, in 10-20 years their countries will be annexed by Russia, maybe sooner.

>Currently Russians are immigrating there en masse like they did with Crimea
Except they aren't.
Also Russians were the majority in Crimea long before Ukraine became independent. It's not like they decided to move there 10 years before annexing it.

The balts might get nuked though.

We are a part of NATO and there's no chance that Russia may annex us.

>>Currently Russians are immigrating there en masse like they did with Crimea
Bullshit Pierre, strikes again

You'd be lucky if they annexed you

We don't need them. Absolutely.

Why? Economically, we're better than them.

Official representative of the government that speak in the name of all, regardless of what is the size of the popular support for the ruling party, whom mostly hold his office simply because he think in line with whoever run the place =/= what the average citizen think

Most of these state a mafia state, ruled by an elite of corrupt fuck who only exist because the west had to divide the URSS clay and they needed puppets that would be open to starting shit with their neighbor for momentary profit, if need be and there ain't any better for that than the criminal underclass nobodies thirsty for power that pollute these areas. Also its easier to keep them in line if you have some dirt on them, with the current state of these country it must be like a mudpit in there. Hell, most of the countries that were created out of the URSS never had existed a priori, Ukraine by exemple never ever existed in that area of the world (hell technically speaking there probably ain't even an actual Ukrainian culture but a neo-cossack culture), with regions that were part of Russia for literally centuries (ie:Crimea, Riga, etc.) being given to these non-legitimate rulers that were handpicked not for their competency, but allegiance.

As a Russian born in Latvia, and having moved to US. Fuck Latvians and their xenophobic bullshit.

I will never forget the fall of USSR and the way we (non-latvians) were treated.

Latvia as it stands today is a European brothel, and a money laundering state. Its corrupt beyond repair. Under USSR it was a jewel of arts and sciences along with manufacturing.

Putin is a robber baron, they will be trading (not by choice, because Latvians have no spine or leverage as people to have any choice in anything aside from bitching and xenophobia), one robber baron for another.

Crimea was given to Ukraine (artificial state, formerly Russia - Kievan Rus') by Russia during USSR times.

>Would Russia want any of you guys back
maybe, but we're in EU and NATO so attack on us would be lethal for Russia (economically or otherwise).
> Is there a sizeable population in your government and citizenry that would like to be reunited?
no.
>But I've been hearing different.
kek

>But I've been hearing different.

0.05 roubles been transferred to your leather purse, amigo.

The quiet guys of Europe, how's it going Baltic/pol/?

> Fuck Latvians and their xenophobic bullshit.
>I will never forget the fall of USSR and the way we (non-latvians) were treated.

I dunno man, it is Russians who feel supreme to Balts. What about the fact that they refused to learn the local language although they had been living here for decades? As far as I know, Russians in Latvia could acquire citizenship if they pass the exam (which includes the language part).

Can we back any of this up? All I know is that GDP in Baltic states is much higher than in Russia, and GDP was quite bad when they were part of USSR.

Is there reason to believe quality of life was better under USSR?

Nice and quiet. Moved to a better spot in Riga recently so I don't have to deal with gopniks lurking around.

Currently having a laugh about Sup Forums screeching for annexation of Baltics even though it won't happen anytime in the near future.

Hope VÄ“jonis didn't embarrass himself while meeting with the Electric Fence Pence.

>immigrant complaining about natives expecting them to learn the language and assimilate with the native culture

Russians are literally slavniggers.

No they're not, and just to make sure we're building a wall.

MEGA

Thank you Ivan.

>jewel of arts and sciences along with manufacturing

[THIS IS WHAT COMMIES ACTUALLY BELIEVE]

>Russia would love to have them back, for purely geopolitical reasons: the need for a harbor in hot waters. It is really that simple.
what did you mean in that? we have kaliningrad and petersburg on a baltic sea, so we dont have needs in some irrelevant baltic territories

>ussia for literally centuries (ie:Crimea, Riga, etc.) being given to these non-legitimate rulers

>This MapleNigga gay?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Latvia

Nice bait post though.

This
we have kaliningrad and petersburg on a baltic sea, so we dont have needs in some irrelevant baltic territories
Plus I really doubt that Russia needs more war to divert its internal issues on wars and west you are already fighting in Ukraine.

not fucking happening, deal with it, failbalts

>implying xenophobia is bad
GET OUT REEE

Nobody cares about them, really.

Asking member countries to meet their NATO spending obligations is not dwindling support of the alliance. Don't get mad when the US asks you pay what you owe. Looking at you Krauts

Aren't there more Russians in all three areas that outnumber the actual Baltic citizens? I wouldn't be surprised if Russia asked them to hold a referendum on whether they should be allowed back into the federation since it could quite easily happen.

Heavy ethenic cleasing.

I agree lets clean Baltic from all Russians.

what gibs? i havent gotten any gibs, id say its gotten worse

reunite with russia? The goverment and media would suggest it's the furthest thing from the truth. There are alot of dissapointed people in my country and older people whom lived best parts of their life in the soviet union, those people would probably like to "reunite".But I think most smart people understand USSR was a wicked backwards union. It was so hard for all countries to stand up after USSR fell, and it would be very hard to make a similar system now, that it's just not worth it I think.

No more referendums, please.

Nope the highest is here with about 30% of people who are ethnically Russian. The weird thing is most of youngest generation Russians don't want to be in Russia.

>what do you think about Russian takeover
I hope they take Lithuania.

No, no think of it!

It's all a big fuss over nothing, comparatively speaking. NATO isn't going to be dismantled, America saying "pay up or changes will happen" is literally nothing. Russia will always dream about its largest extent like every country that had bigger borders or empire at some point, but there is just zero chance of Russia doing it despite current situation its in or things getting to the point where it would be easy on Russia to do it.

The only interesting parts are speculating where we will be in ten, twenty years or more. Maybe status of big russian minority in those countries

good with that pizdaukas.

But it's true, russians in the Baltics are like muslims in sweden or niggers in USA. Nothing wrong with wanting a little bit of ethnic cleansing.

NO you just put word endings wrong we are Pizdnieks
Lit bros are Pizdaukas
And Russians are Useless.