A gamma ray burst could hit earth ANY second

>a gamma ray burst could hit earth ANY second

Other urls found in this thread:

superstation95.com/index.php/world/3255
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>op could be sodomized by a muslim at ANY second

And?

We're more likely to get hit by a continent wiping asteroid. And that hasn't happened in millions of years.
We have societal problems to deal with that are actually happening.

>yfw it hits the middle east

>a space rock could smash your shit in at any fucking second

KEK'd

>ICE could be deporting another illegal ANY second

Based leaf. You will be spared come the day of the rake.

We're long overdue for a disastrous meteorite impact

A skeleton could by right behind you this very moment!

PURGE

>aliens in a distant solar system heard our radio broadcast many decades ago
>start to load up their interstellar railgun
>launch a projectile towards earth at 99% the speed of light so they wont have to deal with us as an emerging threat

It could literally be like 5 minutes from hitting us and it would basically obliterate the planet instantly

>tfw 25k light years out in outer rim
ill never see a station again prolly

>tfw won't happen in your lifetime

hue

>supervolcano could blow right now!
6-20 years of winter, no more niggers.

>mfw it hits the middle east and i have maybe an hour or two to bathe in the glory before the aftermath comes over to australia and kills me

that would be misery

God confirmed to be best troll in all of existence.

Did you get a passenger mission? Im not going out exploring that far again until they release some atmospheric planets, the new updates are about combat too but passenger missions pay quite nicely.

like, 100 million for your current distance

kek has spoken

This is why humanity rules. Even if no other civilization has thought of using RKVs, we have, and we would if we had to.

Do you even know how powerful gamma ray is?

Fukushima user?

Couldn't we reflect it back with a giant mirror?

gamma ray bursts ARE hitting earth every second

how do you think we detect them?

are you mentally retarded?

>more energy in the blast than our sun will output in its entire 10 billion year life combined

Only if God wills it. And He will destroy all one day.

IIRC, if it was aimed directly at us all life on Earth would be exterminated.

Do you know how powerful a gamma ray burst is?

nope just exploring. ive made ~40 mil exploring ~3k out in all directions. it would be pretty cool to land on whatever you wanted though.

what if it is reeaaallly huge mirror?

no single surface is going to be able to reflect all wavelengths

which one(s)?
they are a range

you guys are used to such heat, it would just feel like an especially hot day

>fuck me mate it's a bit warm

>year 2001
>snackbar flies a plane into a building
>year 3001
>snackbar launches a shoe at 99.9% the speed of light into desired target

yolo

So what? If it did we would all die instantaneously. Because they travel at light speed there is no way to have a warning about it anyways. Even if we could have a warning there isn't anything we could do to prevent or avoid it.
If it happens it happens. No sense worrying about it.

>snackbar launches a shoe at 99.9% the speed of light into desired target
Dodge THAT, Bush!

they are slowly building the technology, atmospheric flight implies lots of new shaders and assets for graphics. Looking at the rest of the game Im not exactly worried about whether or not it'll look great once it comes out.

>china got nuked

large mirror ?
have you tryed that with your debt ?

just use an asteroid to get water on the gamma ray burst impact

Except it wont because our universe is a controlled simulation and our ascended overlord creators don't want us wiped out just yet

Bit of aircon and a cold beer and it'd be right mate

Careful gypsy, our debt is more powerful than any γ ray that you could possibly imagine

Kek

Gamma ray bursts hit Earth on a reasonably regular basis. To actually be dangerous, they need to be much closer than most sources actually are.

We're kind of lucky, because our galactic neighbourhood is the equivalent of a white gated community.

It's amazing how many different things have to align absolutely perfectly for something like life on Earth to exist and thrive.

Also depressing because it suggests life on that level is also very rare.

I'm sure the universe is teeming with bacteria and simple sea-creatures/insects but the chances of finding somebody we can talk to or relate to is slim to none.

Too busy studying memes. Kek really does protect us.

Zaitsev put it this way: Suppose each extraterrestrial civilization in the Milky Way has been frightened by its own SETI leaders into believing that sending messages to other stars is just too risky. Then it is possible
we live in a galaxy where everyone is listening and no one is speaking. In order to learn of each others' existence - and science - someone has to make the first move.

It's almost certain that there is life on our level at least somewhere in the universe. It might be too far away for us to ever discover, but it's almost certainly out there.

There's 100 billion stars in our galaxy, and planetary systems around stars is now thought to be very common. There's also at least 100 billion galaxies in the universe that we've observed so far.

Let that sink in for a minute; for every single star in our galaxy, there is an entire galaxy full of stars outside of it - and that's just what we can see from Earth. There are undoubtedly galaxies out there that are too dim or distant to be detected with current equipment and techniques.

The first time I saw images of the Hubble deep field survey, it blew my mind.

There is a big difference between seeing a GRB and taking a direct hit from one.

We have this thing called multiple layers of atmosphere user
The earth is being bombarded by cosmic radiation 24/7

I wish.

You wouldn't be able to tell the difference except for less people walking around

My big worry is that we're not hearing anybody else because everyone else is keeping their heads down on purpose.

If you liken it to the ocean, we're a species going around brazenly advertising our existence with bright colors. That kind of behavior gets you preyed upon quick if you can't back it up. Maybe the other civilizations are hiding in the seagrass like smart fish.

Come on, user. Gamma-ray bursts are lethal. They occur anywhere in the Universe at a rate of one burst every 3 × 106 years, enough to destroy any civilization around. These bursts are certainly lethal if the life forms exposed to those gamma-ray bursts are carbon-based.

it depends on the level of radiation, and even an absolutely massive amount would set you on fire in and out, so you'd have a few seconds to panic and feel increasing pain

>Gravity could stop working on earth ANY second

the universe, and even the milky way, are fucking huge. And that is an understatement.

>a gamma ray burst could hit earth ANY second

superstation95.com/index.php/world/3255

I raise your gamma ray and hit you with a Tactical Nuke, maybe all those f-15 scrambling to florida , are not "keeping safe" the presidents Mar-A-Lagoo facility.

Keep searching across the clear web and youll see this so called "WWIII" is getting hotter.

...How do you think we see them? If we detect a GRB, that means at least some of the radiation has passed Earth.

Fortunately Earth's atmosphere is extremely good at absorbing radiation. The intensity of radiation from a GRB within 10,000-20,000 LY is no greater than the radiation that our atmosphere deflects from the Sun on a constant basis.

Superior canadian seed could inseminate your loved ones at any second! No effective contraceptive!

>We're more likely to get hit by a continent wiping asteroid.
Atleast we would see the asteroid coming months ahead of impact.
The gamma ray burst would kill us all without warning.

Also wouldn't we have to be "staring down the barrel" for it to really knock us out? Or is that a neutron star or something else?

Reminder that there are multiple threads up RIGHT NOW saying
>space is big, let's stop caring

Remember to do your own thinking.

ITT: people who have not read The Killing Star

Noob

We need to go back to the moon
>but there's no reason
>let's go to mars instead
>etc
No fuck that we need to go back to the moon to prove that we still can and start mining helium-3.

If I stand in front of it I will get super powers.

That's a neutron star, though the radiation from that is not nearly as close in intensity to that of a GRB. We see pulsars because we are staring down the barrel, for lack of a better expression.

GRBs usually release their radiation in all directions and come from a number of sources; supernovae are known to cause gamma ray bursts, whether from massive stars collapsing, white dwarves or neutron stars merging, and so on. Magnetars are neutron stars with incredibly powerful magnetic fields, and their "crusts" occasionally crack and rearrange themselves, which releases immense amounts of energy in the form of gamma ray bursts. Black holes are yet another source.

Will it cure OP from being a ginormous faggot?

Not necessarily, we've had quite a few near miss asteroids we had no idea existed until AFTER they passed us.

Space is the only thing that can overcome racism

A blood vessel could randomly rapture in your brain and you could die at any moment.

That will take weeks, if not months if you're in good shape, and don't have other "pre-existing" problems.

Too bad the distances are mind-blowing.

Hence why I said "It might be too far away for us to ever discover".

>Areas of almost complete void several billion lightyears across
Incredible

Laws of probability tend to indicate there is statistically life elsewhere in the universe. Inter- stellar distances are a bitch.

But the thing is Yahuah created this place. The fact that we are it and there is a fierce contest over us is telling.

That's why atheists and scientists have a HUGE hard on to find life elsewhere.

Many wise men have speculated that some aspect of end times deception will be through the form of extra terrestrial or extra dimensional contact.

I have always wondered why UFO's are seen within or just outside our atmosphere but never on hubble or any other longer range telescopes.....very odd.

Not necessarily. A family friend of mine died from a subarachnoid hemorrhage. She sat down to dinner with her family complaining of sudden headache. 15 minutes later she lost consciousness. Whilst in the ambulance she went into cardiac arrest, and though they brought her back she died 2 hours later in hospital. She was in her 40s and had no diagnosed medical problems. They still don't know what caused it. They think she might have hit her head on something and not told anyone.

>Dr. David Banner—physician, scientist...searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all humans have. Then an accidental overdose of gamma radiation alters his body chemistry. And now, when David Banner grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs. The creature is driven by rage and pursued by an investigative reporter.

Sounds awesome

Imagine living on a planet in a void galaxy. We wouldn't know about other galaxies existing until the equivalent of the deep field.

Shut up faggot. Commie cuck.

>The Killing Star is a hard science fiction novel
wow fucking edgy
don't cut yourself

It still took a while, though. That was the point I was trying to make.

kys illiterate inbreed