NSA spying and what we can do

It's amazing that the NSA spying on citizens got memory holed so fast. What can we do to protect our privacy?

inb4 the shills.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy#Privacy_paradox
eteknix.com/expert-says-nsa-have-backdoors-built-into-intel-and-amd-processors/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We can be very very careful, that's what.

People didnt forget, they dont care, even the cia/fbi has commented on how surprised they were that people would post and document every minute to major detail of their lives willingly through social media, even illegal things, people want to be watched and noticed apperantly

I have no social media whatsoever, its fucking creepy digital narcissism

what can we do? I'm not very technologically literate, how can the average person protect themselves?

Where's an autistic Sup Forumsentleman when you need one?

A VPN maybe so your traffic is routed to server cross the seas?

Funny story, I used a Japanese proxy for Phantasy Star Online 2 and it took me to Japanese YouTube everytime I started Google. They have some weird tastes.

Not shit really.
Just don't be doing anything bad and you're good.
There's not really any hardware that isn't compromised.

I think websites should do their part by anonymising visitor data

AFAIK the alphabets consider using a VPN to be worthy of more in depth investigation.

Hmmm.

>Don't worry goy, if you aren't doing anything wrong, why do you object?

>Don't even trying to find a solution, it's hopeless, goy.

Thanks, NSA!

using tor and not installing botnet would be a good start

Vpn,custom os, and a blackphone. Also have a normie phone and Windows computer so they can keep "tabs". Privacy is a luxury if all of that is out of your price range and youre not smart enough to find/make a cheap alternative than that is natural selection at work. I've tried the tech/red pill meme people don't want to learn they'd rather buy a thing and just have it work people only like to be educated when they thought they came up with something themselves or if it gives them a way to virtue signal.

Don't do anything bad like investigate pedogate or leak evidence of governmental or agency wrongdoing.
You don't want to get suicided.

I'm just telling you the truth.
Show me some hardware that isn't backdoored.
You can't do shit unless you're literally a genius.

VPN, maybe. But apparently the NSA had Seagate and Western Digital install backdoors into their firmware anyway, so I don't really know if anyone is safe.

Honestly, I can only imagine privacy being restored through violent means. Congress would essentially have to declare war on the deep state to actually make sure it loses power.

>doubting the power of weaponized autism.

That's not something bad.
NSA doesn't bother with most shit. Neither does the FBI.
The only people who will suicide you for pizzagate is the CIA.

that's not profitable for them though
they make their money by selling user data to ad companies

Install Gentoo/TAILS

the NSA know that Sup Forums is satire
:\/

This. Legislation on selling information should be passed with a huge fine for it that makes it unprofitable.

If people work out the backdoors, can they use that against the spyers who use the same hardware?

Both have back doors for cia. Stop being ignorant and upgrade to a custom os.

>Tails used by Snowden
>Backdoors

Kek

We're just a harmless image board for herpetology enthusiasts that don't do nuffin.
:^)

Yes, but government has its own operating system backdoors are different unique to the os by sector.

You know who he is and he did that how many years ago? Fucking retard. The fact we speak of him probes my point

Proves* Damn fast fingers.

>herpetology
I thought we studied felines

A cat is fine, too

You don't even need to do that.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon

That said, I'm sure the NSA is much more secure than the military, and both have definitely boosted their security since then. Besides, the NSA uses in-house tools to do its spying, and I doubt there's any chance those will ever be leaked.

No we are amphibian enthusiasts who also discuss political events and amercian football

>system sent silent alarm when files get copied
>snowden get monitored
>TAILS FUCKED UP IT HAS BACKDOORS!!!!

It's nothing special I assure you. It's be like if you had a search engine for archived messages on Facebook,YouTube etc. So like you know how you can find old messages you've deleted on Facebook by searching a few keys words? Think of it like that except sometimes they filter the words by profile. They literally pay people to just search a few key words and mark everyone who comes up. Words like terrorist kill weed fbi Cia alt right big operation president isis nudes asl pepe Sup Forums etc. There are varying degrees of marking. This post is satire though so none of this is real whatever have fun talking to the fucks who will swarm the this thread now.

Tavistock
I read somewhere that word gets threads slid.

Lol stop acting faux smart silly little Adalbert. You won't trust tails so much once you start doing actual shit with it. Mama Merkel will be watching

Nothing.
They have been doing this shit long before you have been born and will keep doing it long after you are already dead.
What you can do is to create a state worth living in and holding yourself to your own morals.

You might not like it, but just because special snowflakes like yourself keep crying about muh right, does not mean they are enforced when the lives of more then just one person are at stake or the stabilit of the state.

The moment you create a platform which allows people to communicate without the chance of intercepting that conversation, is the moment you are fucked.

Some people will abuse it to hurt others and you need to create a chance to catch them.
You might not like it, but the reality is a lot of shit happens without you even finding out about it, because it safes lifes.

Do you want the know the hard truth?
People want to feel safe, no matter the cost.

Fuck off with your moral high ground, because if you would look beyond the fact of sending nudes or other stuff that might hurt you, there are people out there who care to ensure that the lives of others have as much freedom as possible, even if that means total controll from the state.

It uses tools that it buys from private companies like Palantir. Do you really think that a government bureaucracy in this day and age is capable of hiring the best and brightest and developing quality software? Google is probably more secure than the NSA.

>what we can do...
Assemble a one man board of adjudication, fully vested with the authority to adjudicate

We will never be truly free while low-IQs and non-whites live among us.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy#Privacy_paradox

>Mama Merkel will be watching
>G-Germany is c-cucked
>P-Please don't treat on me Senpai

It is usually just ignored not acknowledged. Tavistock are royal lackies and the Royals aren't at the top so what does that tell you about tavistock? They arent anything to worry about but you still wouldnt want them in your shit

Snowden uses Qubes, kiddo

INTEL MANAGEMENT ENGINE AND WHAT WE KNOW.

* Intel Management Engine [firmware released in 2013]
-Dedicated MicroController on all (recent) intel platforms.
-Included into the chipset (GMCH, PCH, MCH)
-Shares flash with bios and is independent from the main CPU
-Active when the system is hybernating or even off (unless the system is unplugged)
-Dedicated connection to the network interface, can intercept or send any data without main cpu knowledge.

Advertised Features
-Remotely lock or disable PC if it fails to check in with remote server via (poison pill) deliverable by SMS
-Can notify disk encryption software to erase HDD encryption keys
-reactivation is possible by recovery password or one-time use password.

Where is it stored?
-Routines stored in ROM
*ROMB - ROM Bypass, allowed ME to boot from code in flash [to bypass errors in early silicone].

Attacking ME
-Jeff format standard
-JAVA VM implementation
-??????????????

You're talking about XKEYSCORE, which pretty much monitors the entire Internet. There is no way a private citizen could build or handle something like that on their own.

No wonder Germany is such a shit hole. All you fucks think you're intelligent and brave. Literally go post on Facebook about how much you hate mussies then go outside and just enjoy the day oh and download a few pictures from here of some alt right memes just to assure you how safe you are. If you're baiting so be it my words still stand both on technology and your nation.
You aren't a complete tard in fact I think you're saveable regardless of being a defeatist. Their tentacles stretch far and wide but laying in defeat will only allow the to build over you and your ideals. Please research and teach yourself more I can't spoonfeed you but there are those who will just seek them out with caution.

Based on what I've seen, I'll take the NSA over the CIA any day of the week.

Suck my fucking dick.

start by reading this book

it's (((their))) manifesto

then really start by deleting as much of your online trail as you possibly can.

government isn't what you should be worried about

it's internet advertising

government actually has decent checks and balances, private industry does not

>t. san francisco user who has worked at ______ for 5 years

Good job on knowing what one of the tools is called. There is more than xkeyscore though. Keyscore is kinda old. Such a tool can be maintained in private by those who have the capital user you just need to quit being such a defeatist truly. Those who say they will win get further than crybabies who never even tried or just quit cause it was hard. I imagine you know of keyhole inc? Look into them and their funding. then look Into who their parent is funded by and all of the other companies who fall under said parent. Have a good Saturday my man

Purchase a VPN and anti-Malware Software.

watch zeroday there ain't shit you can do m8.

Very good read right here
That is making the choice of having a guy who Jerks off at your window every night or having another guy come in and actually rape you. Both are shitty creepy and criminal regardless if one is worse than the other.

thing is, you don't really need to worry so much about zero-days and hardware backdoors. these are probably only used on high-value targets.

if people kept their machines clean, updated, free of unnecessary software and used open source software more often (rather than shady spyware like discord), it would go a long way toward better privacy.

check that, they have had tor for a while now. it is of no consequence

>Please research and teach yourself more I can't spoonfeed you but there are those who will just seek them out with caution
Just fuck off with your moral high ground.
As long as you are not in the position of makin calls which ensure the lives of other people, you have no idea what it really takes to ensure stability.

Yeah I get the point that everything you post online has the chance to come back to you if you want to mess with the state, but is your life really that much in danger because the government has access to your data?

What would you do in their position?

>government actually has decent checks and balances, private industry does not

I don't believe either.

God damnit Sup Forums what have you done to me.

>expecting a text file to be done in 20 minutes.

M8, we're talking a few days of autism right now. How you eat an elephant, one bite at a time. First identify processors without the NSA features. Then move onto the next component. Then spread it.

IF you're so knowledgeable, why not start dumping some info?

What if the guy jerking off at my window has a demonstrated track record of actually preventing people from getting raped and the guy coming in to actually rape me is a full-on oppressive sack of complete treasonous shit? What then?

This.

Private industry will fuck you in a heartbeat, at least the government has SOME rules and accountability.

Caveat emptor.

it's hard to accept, but most people in government actually do just want to help the US be a great nation and get paid and be good little goys

private business is all about profit

believe as you will, but beware of Alphabet or Palantir

they are the true evils

So man defeatist in here who have already given up just cause they watched a YouTube video or a documentary. If that's all it takes to get you to quit trying you'll never get far in anything let alone be able to protect your information in a day in which it is as valuable as gold. Stop being such a bunch of stupid betas. It is one thing to be beta and smart it is a another to be alpha and dumb. It is a world of shit to be beta and dumb so make the conscious effort now to get the best of both worlds and save your ideals beliefs and cultures. You going to bow down and suck (their) circumcised cock or are you going to take some initiative like OP has attempted to do.

>Trust the government goy, they're on your side.

How about don't trust either?

Do bad shit offline face to face without electronics

spam a couple million emails a day containing the fourth amendment and hope for the best

How about the one that's especially bad can go fuck itself especially hard?

the thing is you can't go back in time

the internet is static

what you uploaded as a naive 16 year old will live on forever

once on the web it's almost impossible to scrub

unless you want to go take out this place and its various backups like LE MR ROBOT ELITE HACKER GUY

you misconstrue my point

the government's not concerned with your concept of privacy

facebook, however, wants all your data and will do whatever it can to get it for profit

au revoir

dont use the stupid shit
a vpn is pointless if you are using social media with your fucking name on it
just stop
it is that simple
trust me, the world will keep spinning
have some principles and stand up for them

I have been in numerous threads. Get accused of larping,shills,and dumbasses like German brother would rather argue than listen and I don't have the time to keep ranting in places it doesn't stick. I was better off when I posted on reddit cause people would eat it up steal it and repost it here acting like they knew something lol. You have a great point about
breaking shit up last time I did a big text dump a lot of it got lost or someone who nitpick over minor errors.
Private industry runs your government.
So they can break the rules while playing by them.
Do drug dealers pedophiles and murders share the same prison?

All of this + custom os. Also never download anything screenshot it if you need to save it.

> Do drug dealers pedophiles and murders share the same prison?

Typically not necessarily; are you fucking retarded?

Read carefully:

> THE CIA CAN SUCK A FUCKING DICK

Gotcha senpai, you were hit in friendly fire from shills.

I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate both.

Because, we all know corporations spy on you and can generally be worked around. But, the alphabets have decidedly shown they are not to be trusted during this election season.

(looking right at the wiretapped Flynn phonecall).

Why do you think I'm making text files great again? If you want to contribute, please feel free. I'm just using snippets to bump the thread because Sup Forums is extremely active.

First we identify non cucked processors. Seems we are good up to Sandy/Ivy bridge (without vPro).

Problem is, I've not read up much on Pentium I data logging software, and I don't know shit about AMD because I'm an intel fanboy.

Oh and another thing I know you say don't use stupid shit but that is easier said than done. Any college student has to use MS Word as it is standard and what their teachers expect as well as most businesses using excel. So you have to have a normie computer to be able to compete. You can Google dumb shit on it like make up tutorials to confuse alphabet whole you can browse in private on a separate rig.

This is way too broad topic to cover in just one thread.
There are multiple ways to protect your privacy and communications online. If you expect ANY vendor to care about your privacy, you're fucked by design. Apple, Google, FB, Twitter, Y!, etc are glad to sell your data over to anyone willing to pay, and they are forced to comply to the law, so they have to archive every bit that you sperge from your keyboard and hand over when requested.
Secure communication channels still exist (xampp + otr, pgp, ricochet, tox to name a few) the problem comes with metadata leaks, but that's another story.
Anyway, they require a bit of effort from the users, and people don't bother informing themselves because they don't value their privacy in the first place.
So yeah, we just get what we deserve.

Browsing patterns are going to be used more and more for """criminal""" profiling in the future so fuzzing your profile is IMO the most important thing to do. Full anonymity online is too much of a pain in the ass.

Specifically avoid repeatedly and exclusively visiting things like Sup Forums.

Fuck it, lets talk about hardware back doors and how to assemble a NSA free computer. I'll compile the thread into a text file for easy dumping.

Right now I'm researching processors. Seems the easiest way to circumvent the NSA is to see what is developed by russia / china.

The growing power of the intelligence community is the most profound threat to this country since WWII.

I hope the spooks really do go to war with Trump and he puts them back in their fucking place. So far he's been bullish on the need for security, maybe the act of the intelligence community actively attempting to undermine a democratically elected President will show Trump what a threat they've become.

I love what you're doing keep it up please though be careful you are playing with fire without protection atm. You can look into this more on your own but here is a quick article on it there are tons more. Intel isn't safe neither is amd most commercial parts aren't eteknix.com/expert-says-nsa-have-backdoors-built-into-intel-and-amd-processors/

You should invest in some bitcoin and look into tech on tor. Get it sent to a friends or something too btw just as a precaution at least that's what this crazy fortune cookie said.

Core2duo with core boot and custom arch is what most of g uses

I'm aware neither AMD nor intel is safe.

While purchasing older technology, installing an open source BiOS and OS is within the realm of the average Sup Forumslack, we have to secondly identify SSD's / hard drives that lack the NSA intrusions.

Seems a core 2 duo macbook would start getting you where you need to go.

Yeah it really is and that is part of the problem. A topic this vast is very difficult to put into classic red pill form. The best we can do is make memes and infographs that make this common knowledge and hope people act. Of course we will have to update our memes and public conscious regularly as various groups are doing so constantly. You're line on getting what we deserve stuck with me some days I feel like that and think on how people aren't worth saving if they let it get this bad in the first place. Then I see posts like yours and know others feel the way I do and that gives me hope to keep on trying to make these ideals those of the majority.

You should start with browser finger prints and safe browsing habits

Safest tech is old tech as hardly anyone knows how to use it and even less use it. I say we look to methods of the past. To reinvent security.

That's a decent idea, but I am approaching from first getting a backdoor free computer then moving up.

It's not a normie 101 security tutorial, but a bottom up how to get the NSA and corporations off your computer.

Textfiles senpai, textfiles. What's old is new again.

>hardware back doors

HW backdoors are a pain in the ass. But realistically speaking, they won't be deployed against you. Anyway

> network card backdoor
just chain multiple cards (eth+wifi, possibly even bluetooth or serial), exploit won't cross them all

>hard disk backdoors
use cheap usbs, if all goes wrong, they're easier to destroy, or just implement phisical security there. They just work if they can have phisical access to the disk

>proc / prng
nevermind, openssl is so flawed that they don't even need a backdoor there

>and people don't bother informing themselves because they don't value their privacy in the first place.

Or maybe because nsa is so powerfull that people have to be come sort of spies just to browse internet.

What they need to do (if they arent americans) is to elect some president that tell them to destroy nsa spying or they will cease all contact with usa.

The only solution would be to create your own (talk about countries) internet, and not allowing servers outside your own country visit it.
Yes its a shitty solution, but hey what else could be done?

>The only solution would be to create your own (talk about countries) internet, and not allowing servers outside your own country visit it.
>Yes its a shitty solution, but hey what else could be done?

What about using dial up BBS and message boards?

Why not carrier pigeons?

I've been playing with YouTube filters. They track you if you have a Google phone/android. I regularly went to 5 locations and watched YouTube on devices that did not watch videos such as fruit juicing or make up but rather gaming related stuff. The instant I searched one my juicing channels with like 56 subs YouTube started recommending make up tutorials and other channels that account watched (I only use this account for testing) this is with my phone disconnected from local wifi to test how they track each character you log in. Later I wouldn't search anything would only connect to the wifi on the phone and make up and fruit juice would show up in the feed again with gaming stuff regardless of me cleariring history or never looking up juice and make up at that location. It is common knowledge Google tracks comments searches and cellphones but I don't think people realize how much so it does. You can be identified from searching 3 YouTube videos minimum and instantly if your on the same connection without vpn

>The best we can do is make memes and infographs that make this common knowledge and hope people act

Thought of that many times, tried in the past making threads about this, but people were not interested, at least not here.

I do this also in real life, but people really only care about stalking bitches on FB or sending normie memes on whatsapp. Then they get their pc infested, their accounts stolen and cry.

>be come sort of spies just to browse internet.

this is what they want you to think. And they are winning, indeed

RFC1149 yeah, not bad, microSD are light and carry a lot of data. Could be usable for cloud storage, definetly not browsing

That's actually faster then internet in australia.
RFC1149 / IPoAC is the answer you seek.

Damn good transfer rates.

Everyone is in cahoots. There are people who believe DuckDuckGo is going to save you. Protip: nothing will.

Does anyone have that infograph pic of who controls the media?

startpage > duckduckgo

>There is persistent delivery retry, until the carrier drops.
kek

The NSA doesn't seem to be taking any action on the info they have, and are also not sharing with the other 3 letter agencies. They're kind of a bunch of autists obsessed with cataloging data, filing it away and throwing it into a black hole. So it's hard to be concerned at the moment although some day it may bite me in the ass.

I have to go soon but you are literally me it seems. Invest in sex robots best advice I can give you besides not deleting your reaction image folder. Check out what was in the Clinton lock box in the hotel in Manhatten build the sonic devastator before you go not after. Keep on doing what you're doing well meet again one day we won't know who each other are but the path has been set. You'll meet the rest of the 7 in time. And for the love of God control your power level you don't have to hide it but don't go all out. You won't believe me and that's okay you'll remember this post when it actually matters.

>The NSA doesn't seem to be taking any action on the info they have, and are also not sharing with the other 3 letter agencies.

HI NSA!

Obama opened up data sharing between the alphabets.

Fuck duckduckgo. Sold out about as bad as mozilla did. You'd think their search engine would have gotten better after the started saving and tracking searches.

based.

I work for an ISP and i can tell you, everyone is fucked.
You go through the DPI now before you go through a VPN, and whilst its true that someone will really need to want you bad before going through the trouble of decrypting your transmissions, we can still see mostly what each individual user is doing and who to flag.

The simple fact is that its all sewn up, the only way now to REALLY save your privacy is to check out, go off the grid and stop using technology entirely.
Like thats ever going to happen.