Everything is shit and I don't know when or how it started

Movies(Ghostbusters), shows(GOT sucks desu), games(cod every fucking year), Music(I don't even know what's popular right now), you name it. What happened to the world Sup Forums? Everything just seems to lack passion and people have gotten so sensitive. Imo the world changed for me somewhere around 2013. I don't even know what I mean by this but will things go back to the way they were before? I might commit suicide if this is how the future will continue to be like.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqjK6EZPFZc
shop.lego.com/en-AU/Firehouse-Headquarters-75827
lepinblocks.com/
knowyourmeme.com/memes/sites/Sup
thoughtprison-pc.blogspot.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2JVn9s3DCg
youtube.com/watch?v=CY0Qjx5K53o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I completely agree. I think what happened is Gamergate, the left being found out and then double downing on hatred of white men. White men checked out of society that was left to people who aren't very creative by nature--women, Jews, blacks, Asians. The world awaits our return from the wilds to which they banished us.

By the way don't do it. Our time is coming, brother and it will be beautiful!

That's because you have grown up and those things are not so important to you. And because society has become more and more vulgar and stupid.

Social networks, internet, computers in all the rooms of teenagers... that was the big mistake. But we can't go back now, the society in 20 years will be like the movie idiocracy.

Movies are ok but pretty bland.
Shows are dumb.
Games have some bright spots (DOOM, Civ, I'm sure there's others)
Bluegrass is still going strong

Otherwise suicide is probably preferable, especially for a leaf.

>Everything just seems to lack passion and people have gotten so sensitive
Nice double think there pal

With the way shit is going in your country, you might not have to do it yourself, The Day of The Rake approaches as Castreaux invites more fugees.

Burger pls

Basically this video the thread m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqjK6EZPFZc

me to canada. if trump lost i would of killed myself last month. everything is so shit. im more hopeful than i was before but thats not saying much.

>he doesn't know where to find good shit

Liberals cannot make good things and they have forced out all the non-liberal creatives from the mainstream.

Everyone inherently knows something isn't right. There's a major imbalance in the world and it'll take the spirits of long dead warriors awakening in the hearts of today's people to bring us back to a time when everything was all right.

Our ancestors failed us and now we have to save the world.

Take limmy he is funnier than most mainstream comedians but he got cucked by the liberal british media and forced out.

>trump
Hasn't changed a damn thing. In fact, he makes it worse. 10 years ago, I would've never thought of him becoming president. I just thought of him as a goofy billionaire that met Borat.

ITT: OP realized they're getting fucking old

It's the Jews.

yeah you might be right, but he makes me laugh sometimes.

There is still hope user. Lego just released this beauty. I won't call them based, but its a step back in the right direction.

shop.lego.com/en-AU/Firehouse-Headquarters-75827

Unfortunately, $475 aussie sheckels is a bit rich to fuel my nostalgia.

Its good hes causing people to see what leftists are.

This might be the case but I'm only 21.

Jews dude. Jews.

sounds like you live in the mainstream, why do this?

for me it was like 2006

I know what you mean OP

I hate complaining about it because you always get pigeonholed as a "le wrong generation" faggot but it just feels like an exception this time. You can't tell me music (and I mean radio music) wasn't of a different quality until right up about fifteen years ago. There are still good songs today of course, but the aesthetic of modern music and modern movies is like this hyper real cynicism with an emphasis on technology and spectacle. Evetyhing has become excessively filthy. There is a song on the radio right now about scarring your bitch up during sex so she can "take you with her." It's like...I'm not a prude, but i don't want to think about that on my drive to work. I don't want to be bombarded with fucking boner imagery ALL THE TIME. Every song is either about fucking or being awesome. It's like playground music. "I'm fukken cool ha yea I run dis town yeaugh." There is this overall aesthetic of narcissism and selfishness that is pervasive in everything. I remember being at work (a warehouse) a couple years ago with a lot of subhumans; I would watch the music over the radio rile them up into l whooping and hollering along with "I love myself!" and "I don't give a fuck about you! I don't fuck wit U" and it was just so off putting. It was like watching programming in real time. I miss when people were forced to be creative because they had to work around reasonable restrictions in subject matter. Be risqué, whatever, but it's like every song today is this egomaniacal deluge of braggadocio and pleasure. Too much dopamine. Blah.

And everything has this gigantic multi million dollar ad campaign along with it. Fucking Hollywood makes a movie and it's this seven hundred million dollar international job. And of course they "can't take risks" because there is just too much money involved. JUST MAKE A BUNCH OF CHEAP SIMPLE SHIT WITH CREATIVE PEOPLE COME ON YOU DID IT FOR THIRTY YEARS BACK IN THE DAY WHAT'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM"

You have to seek out good stuff. It's work to find quality entertainment these days. It's hidden in tiny local video stores/ music-record shops (if you are lucky enough to have one).
Or just be like me and collect dead formats and discover movies and shows and music you missed out on for 20+ years while simultaneously saving said media from the landfill. Around 40℅ (or more) of all films on released on VHS for example never made it to DVDs. There are thousands of films that you can only see on VHS. Reel to reel and other formats shared the same fate. I don't know man. Pick your favorite genre and go seek out older films you've never seen. There is amazing stuff out there you just have to find it and you will never find it in mainstream shit.

Stuff is generally shitter because big companies draw their employees from two major libcucked spheres.
Universities sphere and the tumblr/reddit sphere.
These people are third rate hacks more concerned with pushing their opinions on others then making enjoyable things. Or even things that work.

Well yeah, the 2000s were great but I remember things being decent up until 2013.
>inb4 9/11

What changed is nuclear mutually assured destruction.

Since we can no longer have real war, we can't have real conflict or strife. Essential parts of our psychology are missing. The underachieving inferior two-thirds of our populations, which we used to send off to go die massively in wars, now instead sit at home, get fat, and breed uncontrollably.

Before you kill yourselves , kill some Jews and muslims , do service to humanity

This

The world is always changing, what you are experincing happens every god damn generation. The hippies were the SJWs of the 70's and all the conservatives hated them, and all the shit music that was becoming mainstream at that time. Before that, the beatniks were the SJWs of the 60s. This shit is a never ending cycle.

tfw the world didnt end in 2012

this is objectively true

>tfw it did

We are in the tribulation, my friend!

Do not loose hope, for truth shall prevail

It was 2007, you were just too young

>I don't know when or how it started
Someone post the 2007 chart.

>tfw you long for 2013 feels again

Remember when you were growing up and all those old people hated everything.

Hmmm....

Eat a dick. I just saw the oculus rift shit that's coming out. Looks fantastic. Once VR develops to its prime, civilization will end for sure. Nobody will want to do anything besides vr

All entertainment is made for teenagers and "young adults".
Dive into classical music and literature, you'll find happiness because it's made of timeless masterworks. You'll need to study to appreciate it though.

Vr is overrated garbage, holograms or gtfo

You're absolutely right in that we aren't the first, but there is definitely a speed of change that we are subjected to thanks to technology that previous generations did not experience.

Look at the world from 1900-1950. Do the values change much? Does the entertainment change much? People were furious about jazz, but it was still undeniably classy as fuck. Some things, absolutely changed, but the aesthetic and general timbre of the values of the time is way more consistent than even 2007-2017. It's amazing how fast radical changes have occurred in ten or twenty years when in prior generations it took longer so the culture shock was more smooth.

I was about to post this. There seems to be consensus that 2007 was the year everything changed. Maybe it was social media becoming ubiquitous or maybe financial hardship with the recession. But everyone seems to agree.

because fucking nerds had interests. and everyone is trying to be more interesting so they stole everything that people created in response and to satisfy them not being in popular crowds and doing popular crowd things. popular crowd people don't create interesting things but they were trying to be more interesting to their popular crowd friends so they stole what nerds created. then they had the idea of trying to create interesting things and diluted the fuck out of everything and ruined it.

It's going to be fantastic. You watch. They just need to get a better controller and work out the mechanics of navigation.

Looks very promising.

I remember when the Lord of the Rings films were made. In 2001 I knew other kids who were into Tolkien and they hated how everyone else was suddenly in their "club" with only a surface knowledge of the saga. They felt like they were in on something special and it was cheapened for commercial reasons. I was pleasantly surprised that the Star Trek reboot didn't have the same affect.

man what ever happened to good old rock n roll now its all shitty pop songs that are about being slutty and having first world problems

>Im depressed and so stupid I think the world is going to shit and not just me
Yes ghostbusters is the only movie released in 2016, btw there were no such thing as bad movies when you were young and happy.

Never mind, I'll just do it myself.
Also Tumblr started in 2007.

Don't kill yourself leaf. That's my job on the day of the rake.

This is a fucking all star post.

Everyone is fighting for attention so hard that awful people invaded everything interesting and took control, dumbed it down, and now wading through the seas of garbage is so exhausting it almost takes the fun out of being entertained because you have to work for it now which feels masturbatory.

lepinblocks.com/

thank me later

Wait for the American revival via trump
OR begin it yourself cuckboi

You grew up like the average citizen faggot. You lived your life exactly as society told you, a sheep being Sheparded to his inevitable demise, blind to the beauty of the world around you, wallowing in self pity and spite.

The world doesn't suck, you simply interpret it as such because you've done next to nothing with your life in a world of infinite possibilities.

Can't say I'm not the same, though the main difference between you and me is that you decided to bitch about it instead of changing your fate.

Yea I remember 2007 things started to upgrade really fast in technology and then by 2010 this whole new "mainstream" came out and it was fucking degenerate but has gradually gotten much worse since then.

Your talking about music reminded me of music.

>it's kinda sad to think about
>the way that things have come to be
>desensitized to everything
>what became of subtlety?

My good man, I may owe you several beers. Hows the quality?

My last genuine technics set had two cracked blocks out of the box. I was fucking appalled.

>weeb

fucking vape bros and stancefags ruining my virgin 80s nip cars

Stop being a normie. We live in a time where it's easier than ever for small producers to make their publisher their own games, music, and books. You have the surviving sum of human civilization at your fingertips. Start living your own life.

it's fucking "lose", ya autistic pos

>Using an anime picture on an anime image board.

And thus the leaf shows it's true colors...

I blame social media, genuinely.

It's absolutely the iPhone normalizing the internet. If I were to pick one major event from that list, it would be the iPhone. That got everyone online, and eventually twitter gave them a more efficient, professional platform to achieve social influence. Now everyone is on the goddamn internet to the point where Suey Park is fucking news because she's some Asian cunt with friends who said a pithy yet retarded thing once but now everyone's talking about it so now I have to fight with my girlfriend because I'm watching in real time as she is brainwashed and digesting those dumb fucking opinions. You can't go anywhere now without hearing "le drumpf" for example, because it's everywhere on the internet and everyone is on the internet so everyone is talking about it no matter if it's twitter Facebook reddit Sup Forums the MSM and every award show all year long. It's exhausting.

Every day I realise how many of the people wasting their time on Sup Forums are actually just retarded autstic weebs with the same snowflake light above their head as the retarded left.

>bong doesn't understand his own mother tongue
Not a dichotomy fuckface. Passion =/= sensitivity.

I'd also back this theory. Every year up to '07 felt *different* - new innovations, etc, each year.

Since '07, it's basically been the same year on repeat.
This solidified at about 2010 and since 2010 pretty much nothing has changed.

I will accept Brexit and Trump are big game-changers, but those are only in the last few months. We are still in 2010-mode.

2007 : Smartphones came out
Islamic terrorism
Social networking (Ok it was Myspace or Bebo but its essentially the same thing)
New-gen consoles with HD graphics (Ps3, X 360)
Newspaper and magazines begin to decline noticeably

Yes, it used to be that the only people online were people who understood computers, then regular people got online & the whole world became stupid as a result.

>Putting this much effort into derailing the conversation because of an anime picture.

Have another one leaf.

I've been thinking the same.

Popular music got really bad starting like '99, but video games, movies, TV, all seemed good until like 2011 or so. Or at least not garbage.

I just realized. Net neutrality is what's causing this mess.

If we don't have net neutrality, there are going to be regions of the net that normies never go. It's going to be paradise again.

I'm going to play double's advocate and say that the reason most of you feel this way is because around 2007-2011 is when most of you became adults

It's lowest common denominator bullshit. Just appeal to the single largest crowd of mindless retards and you'll make money that anything aiming at any other single crowd will not. That's depressing, which damages drive people might have to make passion projects going against this. You need to work against this. Churn out shit until you're making something good. Make just one great thing, do just one part of something well, and you might inspire someone else to make something that isn't dogshit to enjoy down the road. The major movie publishers and equivalent dickheads strangling all the mainstream areas are losing relevance, which is why they're even less inclined to risk than they have been.

See

This sounds plausible

I didn't graduate high school until 2017. I stopped going to the movies in around 2011-2013. I went to a comedy with my ex a few months ago and it was the worst movie I had ever seen.

knowyourmeme.com/memes/sites/Sup Forums

History

Sup Forums.org[2] was launched in late 2003 by Christopher Poole, a.k.a moot, who modeled the site after the popular Japanese image-board Futaba Channel (2chan).

In the early stage of Sup Forums, the imageboards consisted of Sup Forums (anime), Sup Forums (random), /c/ (cute), /h/ (hentai) and /y/ (yaoi manga) boards. In 2004, Sup Forums went offline for several months before returning with a number of non-anime related boards including /k/ (weapons), /o/ (automobile) and Sup Forums (video games) boards. In 2008, the /jp/ board (Japan/General) was launched for Japanese culture topics not suitable under the Sup Forums (anime/manga) board, which was later renamed to Otaku Culture."

A lesson in history.

This happened. Well worth the full read (it's long).

thoughtprison-pc.blogspot.com/

>Movies(Ghostbusters), shows(GOT sucks desu), games(cod every fucking year), Music(I don't even know what's popular right now), you name it. What happened to the world Sup Forums? Everything just seems to lack passion and people have gotten so sensitive. Imo the world changed for me somewhere around 2013. I don't even know what I mean by this but will things go back to the way they were before? I might commit suicide if this is how the future will continue to be like.
user, please let me give you some advice.

1) it sounds like you're depressed. for me it's hard to realize when i've been stuck in a funk. keep yourself healthy. meditation works. i really like the method taught at natural-stress-relief.com. if you have good google-fu you can find the program for free. it's basically a total rip off of Transcendental Meditation. but it's great, try it.

2) Read some Nassim Taleb. You can start with Fooled by Randomness and go on to Antifragile. Black Swan is redundant. I mention Taleb as he introduces the notion of letting time act as a filter for culture. There's so much content out there--way more than we could ever hope to consume. And much of it sucks. The media likes to overhype it and make each new thing be The Hotness. Truth is though that the media and advertising are practicably indistinguishable at this point. If you want good books or movies or music, the best thing to do IMO is to seek out what has withstood the test of time. Something like Pitchfork's Best Albums of the 1980s is a great place to start. That stuff has stuck around because it's legitimately good, not because some $10 / hour writer is getting payola to plug it.

its exactly the same as Lego, and they have old models

they just change the box, a letter or two

I feel like music went first, then movies, then vidya, then tv.

Now they've come for the chans. This is the last stop, boyos.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y2JVn9s3DCg
here some good music

Yeah well at the same time you got access to the full human culture in the pocket, its your fault if you get avalanched by shit

>last stop
The ride never ends lad. We'll go somewhere else when this place is done.

It was about the end of 2011 when I thought there was a shift, slow subtle changes to how people acted or behaved at first. Then weird divisions and gated communities of information getting high of there own disinfo whilst fighting with those whose info were objectively against them forming divided communities that aren't actually physical or even feel lile communities but everyone seems to allign with.

Then everything changed, I don't have a place and I don't know why I wake up. The things I want come at great costs and can be lost just as easy, trying to obtain takes the worth away and in the end you die so what really is the point.

This wasn't just down to me I just understood my feelings after years of feeling, now im seeing it in others they just are more ignorant to why. They all feel a longsome lost, I do blame the internet world we live in as destroying what physical communes we have and added even more social pressure to be something in a false society. I really do know anymore why I wake up but better yet I thibk everyone is wondering the same thing, its like somewhere recently we have lost purpose and meaning in life and now we are weighting for a happening to bring a purpose back. We are all waiting for an external factor to bring create a reaction that will recreate life.

I believe we have reached a point where everything is obsolete, we are realising how purposeless life is and how little time we have so we hide in distractions but even those distractions wear thin.

>irl dragon dildo parties with Chris chan
I can't wait

cdprojectred has just anounced that it's the biggest company from poland

this is a gamestudio that has lived on a single game since 2015, a game which pulls no punches
this is a game where you can aid a local ruler who's determined to destroy a lodge which ruled his country before he came to power
and after he's done that he'll go after minorities to make sure they'll never again form a 5th collumn (this has happened before btw!)

and the people love it!

radovid did nothing woing!

Relevant youtube youtube.com/watch?v=CY0Qjx5K53o

user...

when the west rejected God it rejected its own spirit. this is was our culture lacks. the result has been the prevalence of mimicry and novelty, passions for the petty, financially motivated cultural output with no overarching philosophies to expound upon other than meager self-indulgence and emotional narcissism.

Spiritual capital can be built up which luckily our fathers from 3-5 generations ago did for us, but it takes about 3 generations of withdrawals with no deposits before the reserves dry up, and that pretty much right where we are at, using up the very last bits of spiritual wealth in the account.

>I might commit suicide if this is how the future will continue to be like.
Think outside the box like you have. Realize that you are in a world surrounded by zombies. They are mindless shells, and most of them have no hope of recovery. If it gets bad, get out. I know you are in Leaf-country from your flag. If you think it is bad, I can tell you it will only get worse. Look at what has happened, and decide if it can get better......Think about what is it, what it will be and where do you see yourself in 10 years?

If you cannot fathom it (I cannot either) you may do best to take whatever free education they give, and gtfo.

Find a country that is sane. Don't come to the USA until we get it back on the right track....We will see over the next 2 years. We have a chance now, and if we screw this up I may be looking for a new host nation for US Refugees....hell, mexico looks like a good place. Is that why people are going back?

Stop whining and look for the good shit

user, get your mind right.

Start meditating. Exercise. Eat well. (No, a fucking salad is not eating well.) See a therapist if you're in a deep funk. Medication saved my life probably.

> believe we have reached a point where everything is obsolete, we are realising how purposeless life is and how little time we have so we hide in distractions but even those distractions wear thin.
This. There is a "content fatigue" that comes from having access to so many million choices of entertainment and I feel like in my brief 30 year life I've consumed twenty times as much entertainment media than the average man would have consumed in his lifetime 100 years ago.

Part of it is growing old, but part of it has been exacerbated by the endlessly exponential stream of new entertainment that has low quality standard. There are so many fucking books and movies I wish could unread and unsee and games I could unplay because they were such wastes of time and they soured me on the very notion of being entertained at all.

It's like an 400 lb man breaking his bed and finally being able to see he's a fucking fat worthless shit. Suddenly fried chicken doesn't taste as good anymore.