Single dot; "modern art"; $500k

Single dot; "modern art"; $500k

ebay.com/itm/The-MOST-EXPENSIVE-DOT-painting-Fine-Art-Signed-ORIGINAL-ABSTRACT-CONTEMPORARY-/252132193153

money laundering?

just someone that is trying to get money. its not worth 500k before someone actually buys it

its money laundering for illegal activity. probably pedophiles or drugs, a lot of lefty trash seems to love those.

Trumps buys it and burns it live.

The black hole. Small. Insignificant. Empty. Lost in a field of white. Standing out from the crowd awkwardly. Alone. A blot on a perfect field. The circle is withdrawn. Swept to the side. Always on the periphery.

This is an abstract type of feel.

this

Notice how the dot doesnt completely fill the circle?

I can try to sell my old Toyota truck for 10 million dollars, doesn't mean someone will buy it.

who's the artist?

They might have some connection to pizzagate or the FBI if they're trying to sell off a dot on a piece of paper

this is now a modern "art" hate thread.

That's deep.

Underrated

/thread

why do i see another dot on the bottom right?

and on the top: is that damage?

maybe the black is made with jew ashes?

chekt

maybe its an allegory for kek's life

yup. not even bitcoin can compete with this method

he gets it.

the "modern art" scene has always been a money laundering front for the corruptive decadence in society. They hang these shitty pictures in their home not as a commemoration of the brain dead artist that made it, but to celibate the fucked up deeds they paid for.

That black dot is hypnotizing! Look at the structure!

Modern Wojak knows what's up.

FYI this entire game series is modern art of a kike (ken (((levine))) making fun of us as they take our children

>game is about rich people going crazy through decadence
>literally harvesting children for "adam" (adrenochrome)

Modern art is a way for the elites to launder money.
It is just a placeholder for the money, like a reciept.
It doesn't matter what it looks like.
It also gives their spoiled children something to do that makes them feel creative.
If you were to put a black dot on a white piece of canvas please believe that nobody would pay $500k for it.
Without the connections and the intent it is worthless.
Plebs BTFO!

You should him to donate it so you can pay debnts.

>Sup Forums laughs at liberal arts
>artists are making more money than most people by drawing a dot on a fucking nothing
what do you faggots have to say for yourselves?

trips of truth
KEK APPROVES OF MODERN ART

This would actually be a comment on contemporary culture if someone actually bought it.

I have a conscience.

Martin shkreli got deported from twitter; any other way to reach him?

Do you think Levine was trying to warn us?

These people are nothing more than bankers

Wait a sec...

That's some prime money-laundering territory there.

I honestly don't know.

I do know that there's a large number of people in hollywood and the entertainment industry that are aware, I can't tell for sure if any of their work is mocking us or trying to warn us.

True Detective was a good example of trying to warn us I think, the second Season being so insanely different then it getting "cancelled" is pretty telling that the directors/writers were getting a little too close to something IRL. Sort of like how Eyes Wide Shut got cut to shit after Kubrick died.

Would anyone buy my art?

Degenerate art

This user might

Single dot ? there were 2 dot

They should at least put some effort in so that selling it seem like a legitimate transaction.

Reminds me of the scene from "The Last Enemy."

It would look more realistic if inversed.

i love being fucking stoned dude

>Modern art
>Art galleries
Money laundering fronts for Jews and CIA.

try to paint that on a big canvas right now fag. cy twombly is legit, this dot bullshit is not.

Modern art is all about connections and schmoozing with the right socialites. It's a fucking joke.

Real art provokes emotion without having to decipher shit.

This is how the elite pedophiles launder money

Elaborate, I haven't seen the show

do you understand the concept of artistic movements and eras or did you google one of the few painters you know and pick the first image off google?

truth

fpbp

Art should make you feel something, anything, even disgust

gotta love the chocolate starfish

Money laundering for pedos. Don't bother trying to figure out if the """""art""""" has any cultural value.

You're an idiot, these pieces are just money laundering schemes.

which pieces, uncultured dumbass?

>not even 3 post in that someone tell the truth

Fuck yeah

fucking top kek.
me and a group of friends (I live in los angeles) have a drinking game every year where we'll go to the LA art walk and get hammered and stand around observing and commenting on random bullshit like a parking lot as seen through a window or a streetpost or piss stains on a concrete floor and watch as people gather around us and start acting like they're actually looking at art as well.

trump is the closest we've ever had to a IRL shitposter, capable of anyhting with his resources.

if only bunkerbro from /diy/ was more political, that dude is motivated and rich

Just made a generous offer, we'll see if he accepts.

you got this, pal

Please explain how the money laundering scheme works, i have a company and needs to pay 10 mill in taxes, instead of paying taxes i buy art for 10 mill I gave the 10 mill anyway no?

>when u get 20 keys of coke for free with ur $500,000 piece of art

this kind of transaction would still bring up a ton of red flags even for money laundering.

no dot no sale

Depends who's doing the laundering.

>hey hombre, what's with the new painting?
Oh, nothing really. It's just one of those abstract new age things
>I heard those things were mucho expensive man, why'd you buy it?
Just to say I wasted five bucks on a fucking dot

Beautiful
>

Underrated

im not into abstract.. but those are pretty fucking cool.

maybe the "canvas" is a solid brick of coke, and the dot is some hashish oil

Strait from the Cheeto mine!

>ITT plebs shitting on modern art
It's not about how simple or complex the art is. The difference between modern artist and some asshole who says "well I can draw a dot" is that the artist makes each brushstroke with intent and purpose, and the art is making that come alive on the canvas.

If you look at OP's pic, you'll see that it's not just a dot. The dot isn't even, it isn't filled in all the way. It's not a perfect circle. It's not in a geometrically sound place on the canvas. The dot is in no way centered on any divisible line on the canvas. It's slightly farther to the left than the top, making the canvas look tall. The artist thought about all these things and had a reason for making these choices. This is what sets it apart from le edgy 22 year old who thinks he can just draw a dot and put it in a museum.

Additionally, why do you care that it sold for so much? The whole point of buying art is that it speaks to you. You pay what you think it's worth. The artist didn't think this piece would go for what it did, he just put it up for auction. Demand determines value.

And now for those of you who are going to say "modern art doesn't take skill":
Sure. I'll give you that. Anyone can paint a dot. Anyone can create meaning to something that's meaningless. The difference is that a true artist doesn't care whether you consider his work art because it's not for you. And yes, maybe the Renaissance artists had more skill behind them. They would be equally confused at this dot.

People need to realize that we live in a post-modern world. Even minimalism will fade eventually. Styles change, and eventually, people will wonder why you were one of those weird people who didn't like this dot, just like the people who hated Monet. Literally every new art form has detractors who say the exact same things - literally every single identifiable period of history.

This is nothing new, get over yourselves.

t. Sanders supporter

they hung it upside down. plebs.