China bans all coal imports from North Korea, severing major financial lifeline for regime

independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-north-korea-sanctions-coal-economics-nuclear-tests-kim-jong-nam-donald-trump-a7587931.html

>China has announced it is suspending all coal imports from North Korea until the end of the year in a move which will deal a major financial blow to the Pyongyang regime.

>The surprise announcement by the Chinese Commerce Ministry is a sign of Beijing’s increasing reluctance to prop up the North Korean regime if it carries out further nuclear tests.

>Coal is North Korea’s largest export item and it is believed to have been dependent on China for trade and aid since its economy collapsed in the late 1990s.

>The Commerce Ministry said the move was China fulfilling its obligation to implement last November’s UN Security Council resolution to impose further economic sanctions on Pyongyang after it detonated its fifth nuclear test of 2016.

>Beijing has historically been more reluctant to impose sanctions on North Korea than other world powers because it is concerned about a power vacuum on its southern border if the regime is allowed to fail.

>Previously China had agreed to partially restricted North Korea coal imports – saying it would make an exception for deliveries intended for the “people’s well-being” which were not connect to Pyongyang’s nuclear programme.

>But the day after the test of an intermediate-range ballistic missile last week it rejected a coal shipment from the Hermit Kingdom said to be worth around $1m (£805,000).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJ0WVNrdWU0
youtube.com/watch?v=_eAxY2Trfqk
youtube.com/watch?v=eNKQT7Ub2Ps
youtube.com/watch?v=CSCmc6ezllU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If they want to really fuck over Kim Jong Un, cut out his gift politics practices with the military who allows him to rule the country. He is really just a billionaire with his own country and private army.

That's actually pretty huge.
The coal alone stands for 33% of North Korea's export and China buys it all. Banning that shit will make Kim Fat Un mad as hell.

I remember last time China did something like this, North Korea had to delay a military parade because they didn't have enough to fuel their motorized units, kek'd.

So if NK falls, who claims it? South Korea, China or do they keep it independent?

>reading the indecuckdent
>not posting an archive link to the indecuckdent

Right on bro! Link the Daily Mail instead! Much better!

Like it or fucking not, Independent is as close as centralist non-biased you can get. Sure it's still heavily liberal, but there are occassional redpills in there. Jannet Street Porter regular redpills in her opinion section (but regularly bluepills as well). They seem to have a well rounded mix.

However they are just as bad as every other media in this country in being biased to specific narratives. I've not read any Daily Mail articles on Trump but I doubt it's any nicer than the Independent. Daily Mail knows the majority of the UK hate Trump so will sell to them. When it comes down to UK problems they have enough buyers to carry on.

also stop this "cuck" shit, it's fucking pathetic, you sound like a redditor fresh off the boat trying to fit in.

South Korea would be the legitimate ruling party of North Korea. But I would think China has a puppet government ready to go.

There's too much burden to annexing North Korea for China or South Korea to do it immediately. The most likely solution is that it still becomes an independent state with a different leader and vastly different policies so it can start catching up and not being a failed state essentially.

Korean reunification is a different story though. I doubt China under any circumstances would want a unified Korea with good ties to the United States to happen and most South Korea don't care about the whole thing either.

South korea would demand it for obvious reasons and they would get tons of support from UN. But China would also make demands since they would basically lose an entire puppet state.
It would still be chaos though no matter what happens, the civilians and military will not just turn over and face a completely new ruler.

R A R E
R A R E
R A R E
R A R E

shill harder

>be china
>allow north korea to get nukes when they could easily kill tens of millions of people even with such old weapons because of the ant hill
>be dumb as fuck
How could they be so fucking stupid? Why didn't china just annex north korea? Well at least i can say i was alive when shit hit the fan.

Korea the new Middle East? 50 years of proxy wars would be fun.

China is clearly tired of North Korea's shit with all the missile tests and blustering, and ganking his half-brother seems to have been the last straw as China was quite possibly keeping him around as a potential pliable replacement.

That being said, it's actually an opportunity for the US. Exporting coal to China simultaneously would revive the industry here and act as a positive towards closing the trade gap.

Australia will probably pick up the coal export slack.

Every day I gain more respect for the current Chinese government. They've shed their communist roots and are now one of the most practical and effective group of leaders in the world. They've led their economy to tremendous growth, have avoided much of the social collapse of the West, and have maintained stability in turbulent times. Now I see they're also living up to the import of their new role and acting more responsibly on the world stage.

I know there's still a lot of hate out there for the Chinese. But, then again, just a few years ago the "evil Russians" were just as hated. That's starting to change now, hopefully the Chinese will be next and people will realize they are acting as a positive, not negative, force.

>trade gap.
buzz word bullshit

>shed their communist roots

LMAO, no. They may not be practicing it but their ideology is still there.

Tell me how they are even remotely communist. There are literally European countries with more government intervention in the economy.

>Coal is North Korea’s largest export
I didn't even know they did exports

You know why this is also happening? Kim Jong Nam was China's backup plan/failsafe if and when Un goes off rails.

Tell those young boys to stop sucking dixs!

Stop eating people

Shipping coal by sea vs by rail isn't really economical and oil is relatively cheap for the time being.

>legitimate
that's cute. who ever has the power to take it gets it. that's how everything in life works. right and wrong are all relative to who ever is in power.

>wumao qian has been deposited into your Sina Weibo account

So North Korea is essentially fucked unless they try to become the Asian version of the Cartel?

Nice try Wang

I honestly don't think so. For two reasons.
1. The middle east is a shitstorm nowadays thanks to their religion and foreign interests.
2. North koreans are more civilized than the middle easterns.

The best way to handle a "free" North korea is to leave them alone after killing off the current top leaders including Kim Jong Un.
For example.. put military police in the most populated regions.
Announce to the world that North korea is no longer under the control of Kim Jong Un. Which will bolster the markets with billions, hence giving the population more money which will generate happiness and growth.

All in all, we're looking at Vietnam 2.0 for a decade or two until they finally unite with South korea and becomes Korea.
Which would mean a free trade deal with China from old North korea regions.

taking from the poor does nothing
like US done with China, allow them get rich, then they have something bigger to lose.

This is China looking after their money

>there are a couple million south koreans living, loving, posting right now, who will be killed in the intense artillery barrage that will briefly happen when NK leadership is overthrown

china to annex best korea when?

> TFW even China is sick of North Korea

Top Kek.

What will most likely happen is China will stage a coup and assassinate Kim, and they will assume full control almost instantly to prevent the US from marching north.

So basically, China is done being North Korea's mom. It will be easier to manage if they just take full control.

This is what's going to happen.

Screencap this.

Probabily when the rest of the world is busy dealing with something else and are all distracted. Or just go "fuck it" and try to annex them along with S. Korea.

If you're talking about economic, they have abandoned all aspects of communism in that. Politically, they practice "collectivist" leadership and practice nothing democratic despite having some of the practices put into official law and the constitution.

They finally did it, they also seized all Nork banks last year.

Nork isn't compatible with South Korea, most likely China can assimilate it. The population in mentally fucked up, there's no way they can become independent, communist nations cannot become independent in the first place, that's why Kim is being autistic with the rush to make nuclear weapons, that retard is probably planning to invade Sork or Japan.

the funny part is nobody would take it
>20m rapefugees

>china
>communist

Are you retarded? China is capitalism run amok...

Its literally a Republican dream.

>no environmental regulations
>no unions
>almost no health and safety requirements
>no national minimum wage
>no consumer protection
>no antitrust laws

The only thing communist about them is their including the word "communist" in their party name (which has about as much value as North Korea including the word Democratic in the name of their nation).

tell me about your sperm eating tribes.

Nice try. Taiwan is the rightful leader of the "One China Policy".

#imwithkim

So Kimmy is fucked?
Dident trump talk with xi jinping recently ? He is the master of the deal
>"Xi, if you fuck over North Korea, we will do X"

they should continue as their own sovereign nation, but with a democracy

Good Gweilo

>Politically, they practice "collectivist" leadership and practice nothing democratic
Well it's obviously true the country isn't a democracy, but that's hardly an indication of "communism;" there have been plenty of non-communist authoritarian government in history. As for "collectivist" I'm not sure what you mean by this. They aren't federalist like the US but neither are most countries in the world. Local government actually does have significant decision-making power, possibly even more so than in the West. In any case their governing structure had been rather successful since the 90s, so perhaps we could learn a thing or two.

Sure. And Queen Elizabeth is still the rightful monarch of America.
Governments change. Get over it.

yup
modern rule for politics
always assume the opposite of the name of the party/ country
>Democratic Republic of the Congo
>Democratic People's Republic of Korea
>Communist Party of China
and recently...
>labour party

Leaked embassy cables from Snowden I believe showed that China would be ok with a unified Korea by South Korean annexation so long as the US doesn't build new bases in North Korea.

Saved

China would make more money off a united Korea but having Democracy so close may be a turn off.

Nothing to get over, just stating a fun fact about Taiwan ;)

>Exporting coal to China

AHHHHH HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAH! no.

Neither wants it. NK is waste of money at best.
You're a proxy war

Nah, you often need a reason to occupie land or you will get the whole world on your ass. Nations want some kind of a rule set to protect themself. So evryone will feel threatned when someone breaks and illegitimate the rules.

China has easily subverted the Hong Kong administration and Kuomintang in Taiwan, I'm sure they will be able to influence Korea to kick America out.

Not true. Nk Defectors adjust.

They will just start selling nukes.

The best way would be to set up North Korea after Kim falls would be as its own country, with help from South Korea
>get SK advisors and ect to help rebuild the government into something decent , but keep it a separate country still.
>help and keep an eye on them so it doesn't collapse again
>use this time to weene the Nork citizens back into normal world society over several generations

The people will starve and overthrow Kim or he will go full elliot

Place your bets
Kek wills he nukes Seoul

Coal is worth about $50/ton hoe mu h do you shipping cost?

A fucking semen slurper

china will say one thing and do another.

north korea is china's puppet state. where do you think they get their missiles from?

its all bullshit.

That would never happen. That would be like China convincing Japan to kick the Americans out. Just because Korea is united, doesn't mean they would view China as not a threat. Everyone around China views them as a threat.

That's just retarded.

The people starved before, Google nk famine. You don't overthrow God over night,and dissenters are already dead so revolutionary inclined sentiments are not there

>Do you make-a the shirr post on gwei-lo website?
>Oh yes Mr. Chang, I make shirr post very good!

this is hilarious.

why do think there was a korean war? it was china that caused it.

china was running the whole show.

If there is a Papa New Guinea how come there isn't a Mama New Guinea?

MISOGYNY

Korea has always been a vassal to one state or another in its existance. As of now President Parks corruption charges put the pro-America party in bad light and there is a growing sentiment for reunion with the north.

>Koreans are going to kick out the friendly republic across the ocean in favour of the aggressive expansionist oligarchy right on their border

Do they even have computers there?

Actually there are a ton of companies that have invested tons into resources to setup factories that need manual labor that will work for pennies. They do this as a hedge that NK goverment will die and suddenly theres a ton of people with brains of a tin can they can use

and now Kim Jong Nam is killed, shit is starting to hit the fan

These factories are mostly in SK and some in china

>north korea is china's puppet state.
Nah, Fatso is way too erratic in his behavior to be a puppet. He's more like a feral possum--kind of funny, but at the same time still unpredictable enough that everyone's a little scared of him. China would like nothing more than to replace that clown with someone sensible but it aint gonna happen soon unless he has a heart attack.
>where do you think they get their missiles from?
They build them themselves. Why do you think they can barely lift off the ground without randomly exploding? If they were Chinese-built they would at least be semi-reliable.

1. There has always been anti-American sentiment in South Korea just like there has been in virtually every nation on the planet, including America.

2. Just because some crazy female politician got caught being apart of some feminist cult will not change the fact that the US and South Korean nations are extremely close with ties that can never be severed easily.

3. People do want Korea to unite but for different purposes. In any event, a united Korea with a South Korean/US backed victory would just make America a more powerful player in the region. Nothing China can do to stop that aside from preventing a unification. America isn't going anywhere.

Yea I'm not sure he really thought that through.

>They've shed their communist roots

lets not get too crazy. respect where respect is due but lets not forget:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJ0WVNrdWU0

youtube.com/watch?v=_eAxY2Trfqk

youtube.com/watch?v=eNKQT7Ub2Ps

youtube.com/watch?v=CSCmc6ezllU

Isn't meth the 2nd bigeest export? Time to cook.

CHINESE NORTH KOREA SOON.

>Independent is as close as centralist non-biased you can get

Plenty of coal her in the states we can export to China ifyaknowadamean

Lol, remember when Kim Jong Un had just become the new leader and everyone actually believed he might finally free Nork?

I see they are choosing the "25 million starving, uneducated refugees" route, rather than the "give them corn to shut them up" strategy they've gone with so far. It's a bold move, Cotton, we'll see if it pays off for them.

This is an actual happening

>Seeker Daily

Thats literally the equivalent of Huffingtong Post, Politifact or Buzzfeed about China.

Don't be a braindead retard and ever post this shit again on Sup Forums.

>shed their communist roots
Dude, no. The foundation of Chinese communism is to beat capitalism by doing it better. That's why, in 50 years, China went from "starving agricultural backwater" to "makes literally everything". Their current five-year plan will transform them from manufacturing-centric to manufacturing *and design/engineering*. In ten years or so, the world hegemony won't be American, it'll be Chinese, and once they've beaten capitalism, the communism starts in earnest. America can only keep its place by A) starting a war to drain their resources, or B) by investing in its own citizens, their education/training, and the strength of their borders and nation in general, and we're watching B) not happen. So, it'll be A), or we better start learning Mandarin. Stalin fucked up USSR's chances by going too big too fast; Mao, Deng, and whatever slants are in charge now aren't going to make that mistake.

*and other geopolitic space of interests

Sounds like the definition of the "corporate State" of Mussolini - and acts like it

what would happen if NK decides to attack SK ?
Are there any numbers how much devestation they could inflict?

Do you know anything about Fascism or just what the tv and taught you

>Stalin fucked up USSR's chances by going too big too fast;
Stalin funked USSR by following Marxism to teh word. China just effectively ditched this useless book. Marx BTFO.

I sometimes wonder if communist really are this stupid. I mean, I can understand the need to stick to ideology over logic, for communism has more in common with a religion than some logical framework, but at some level they must know what they are saying doesn't even make sense.