Trump and Putin

Where will diplomatic relations go between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin? Are we destined for a new friendship and greater mutual respect once Trump's cabinet is in place and he can act more freely?

Or are there still great obstacles to be overcome, or will idealogues in our governments sabotage our efforts?

I'd like to see us become better friends with Russia than we are with NATO at this point frankly but I'm not well versed in many of the intricate roadblocks to our diplomacy and am wondering if anyone here can educate us all a bit more.

Trump needs to win the battle at home before he can deal with russia.

It's going to be a tough fight.

>Hurr Trump are Russian shills

I just think their team beat the fuck out of our subverted government, and Russia made it clear they want to be on the winning side.

It's good shit.

That's how it looks to me too. I don't think Trump is a Russian shill or puppet, that's retarded.

I just think that the left grasped at the first straw they could get their hands on to slander Trump and it was some Trump/Putin conspiracy bullshit.

But even so the time has clearly come to re-assess the USA's place in the world and who our allies are.

Japan and South Korea need to be our new besties but imho Russia needs to move way up on the list so we can stop the Muslim hordes and the deliberate replacement of white, western ideology.

I'm actually a libertarian but facing the objective reality of the situation in the world, liberty will die a painful death if we don't quit humoring retarded third world people and their anti-liberty ideologies.

Even Russia is more libertarian than Europe in many ways since at the very least they cater to the liberties and needs of native Russkiys instead of kissing the asses of immigrants who want to come in and vote for Sharia law and retarded welfare benefits.

>I just think their team beat the fuck out of our subverted government

>That's how it looks to me too.

I think you guys are underestimating what he's up against. To me it's not at all clear yet that trump will win... but it's great that he's at least fighting.

It would be easier to Gage if the Trump administration had let the Russian talks be public like EVERY other talk he had with every other world leader.

This man is a fucking PUPPET.
The Republicans value party over state.

You want to be friends with Russia?
Faggot.

Tell me about trumps call to Putin and what he said.

Can you? Because I can tell you RIGHT FUCKING NOW what Australia and Japan said to trump. Every call he made to every foreign leader was recorded. Except the one made to Putin...

Whatever. I don't care about America as long as im winning.

Not sure I understand what you mean.

Canada, don't worry. You'll always be our hat :) don't be jelly

>Are we destined for a new friendship and greater mutual respect once Trump's cabinet is in place and he can act more freely?

No, your country deploy military vehicles and troops on our borders.

No mention of (((Aleksandr Dugin))) in this thread. The real Bogdanoff.

I know you guys are mad. We bombed your shit, yeah. I get it. And we supplied al qaeda and helped them fight you.

But in my eperience your bitterness is not typical of all Russians in the same way that not all Americans are bitter over the stuff you guys did to us in the same exact vein.

I grew up fucking hating you people. I hated Russia and all you fucking stuff ass Slavs.

But as I've gotten older, I've changed my outlook. I see opportunity.

If we bury the hatchet, I'm hoping you guys can, too.

The Cold War is over; who gives a shit who won or lost? Can it even be measured? It's all just shit that is in the past.

The smart man. The calculating man - the man who doesn't let the past cloud his judgment and who wants to build a great empire - he looks for opportunity in the here and now rather than dwelling on the past. Past is past.

We don't have to trust or love each other.

But we share common interests. We can waste time and resources being bitter about shit that is done and can't be undone or we can build a new world and get down to some serious shit kicking.

So what'll it be, you Slavic sons of bitches?

The Cold War is over but you send thousands of tanks to Eastern Europe and Alaska even when Trump is in office to oppose mythical "Russian aggression" in Baltic states.

See what our country did when Obama went mad in December of 2016? Nothing. Because we thought that new administration that isn't leaded by Kang Nogger want to improve our relations and we didn't answer on stupid things Obama did because it would hurt our relations with new administration.

But you guys still think by Cold War categories. Explain your friendly tanks on our borders.

the only reason for putin to like trump was to say that if trump was elected, everything would be fine. russian people need an antagonist. obama was an antagonist, and hillary was supposed to be the next. now, russian medias are shitting on trump. americans also have antagonists - islam terrorists.

THIS

Pic is US soldiers last week taking pics with weapon n shit on Russian border in Estonia.
Behind them is Russian city Ivangorod.

Trump has only been in office for weeks now. Give it time.

Trump has said that he feels, as I feel, that it's time for America to stop this kind of behavior.
He has only been in office for a few weeks now, and he is having a hard time moving because his cabinet is being resisted by senate Dems. Once his cabinet is in, I still say things will change.

I'm curious, what do you mean by "Russian people need an antagonist"?

Do you mean that Russians are fighting against a problem in the world? Or do you mean that Russian people like to have rivals and want someone to stand face to face with and fight and so seek the largest person/force nearby?

>implying it was Trump who sent those troops to the borders
>implying he can withdraw them right now without issue

i mean that russians think, that america is the most evil thing, and all of the problems are because of US. mostly these are gopniks, or people, who still live in the fucking 90s.

Russian people need to have someone to blame for their problems and utter failure - economics wise at least too

Take USSR, for example, the evil imperialist USA, NATO and the west were to blame FOR EVERYTHING that it kind of became a running joke for certain situations, since the collapse little has changed, the west and usa for most of the time is the go-to entity to blame

>Behind them is Russian city Ivangorod.
kek
You mean Estonian city Jaanilinn, right?

America good boys, we dindu nuffin

I don't give a fuck about your domestic policy and problems with your political elite or mechanics of your political system. You guys elected them and it's your business.

But I see what is happening - tanks arriving on our borders and it's not really important to me who is your president. American tanks and American troops on our border - get them back and then we could talk about friendship or cooperation or whatever you call it.

I think you would say "Give it time" even when tanks would be near Moscow.

Also words of Spicer and Pence about Crimea aren't very friendly.

that's the reason i don't like russian community in general. i changed my pc language to english, and im browsing Sup Forums for about 2 years and i don't want to go back.

you're right.

>i don't like russian community in general
>i changed my pc language to english

Lmao laughing @ this plebian tbqh

Who the hell do you think you are, Russia only has any gravitas because the west is cucked af, EU especially - the nihilistic cunts

I think you're way over your head, it's not like you can blame the evil west too for letting the ex-ussr countries join their organisations after they had been "taken care off so well" for half a century

и чe?

stop putting spaces

after every sentence

you retard.

Oh I'm sorry our Lithuanian overlords. I didn't notice you are in this thread but you should notice I didn't say anything bad about you, our Baltic superpower masters.

We aren't going to attack you because Latvia would smash our army in one hour and take Moscow in 24 hours so why Americans put so many their tanks in your beautiful land of brave good men?

I
know

right

don't bait me
honestly ma armastan sind eesti, but don't tell anyone about it

A comment should consist of a string of sentences that pertain to the information you are trying to convey. The sentences form a dialog that can be composed into a paragraph if the sentences are related. This would be the subject of the paragraph.

If the next subject or idea digresses from the first set of information such as this one will eventually, you are due for a paragraph break. now insert your spaces and continue on a different but related subject. This is the apropriate structure for conversation.
>:^) cheeky breeky

Whoah. Sure showed me and took my arguments apart.

>We aren't going to attack you because Latvia would smash our army in one hour and take Moscow in 24 hours

It's hella funny, because that's exactly what your propoganda shits down your throat 24/7, you even rewrote it perfectly, stick to your memeposting, I guess you even forgot to post one whilst sperging out

Glad that I've guessed official position of my country but I didn't know that Latvians know our domestic propaganda better than we do.

With all what is going on with your politics, nobody knows how it all turns out.
In the end, it's either we will destroy each other, destroy ourselves by pushing too hard against each other, like it's already happening, or will start to cooperate.

>roadblocks to our diplomacy
There are many. Basically we are at a stalemate. We dont want to back down even a bit further in our interests, because we consider that we were being pushed long enough and there are already no place where we could retreat. On the other hand NATO feels it and wants to push further on us. IMO we are on the verge of a new cuban missile crisis, with our side on defensive this time.

>will idealogues in our governments sabotage our efforts?
Another long topic: Does some of your ideologues are really have the best interests of US and its allies in mind or they have something else on their minds?
I don't know.
But current implementation of globalism/"american hegemony" are starting to backfire on your countries and populations more than it affects us(refugee crisis, islamization, race and gender relations etc. etc.).
We have other issue with our ideologues: they almost totally dont trust your leaders. Too many times we burned ourselves by being naive and trusting. Our fault of course.

So as you see, if there will be an improvement, it would be a long and difficult proccess. And many other parties will try to sabotage it from within and from without.
But alternative to that IMO is eventual death of our nations and cultures, and sharp decline in quality of life to our peoples.

So those ideologues on both sides better work work work. I dont wish for theirs(and ours) grandgrandchildren to find themselves on some sexslave markets as merchendise just because their grandchildren lost their wealth and protection due to universal instability and another economic collapse for example.

Russians dont watch russian tv. Only latvians do.

We have many Americans here like that too. Most of them were Hillary voters.

Even as a man who voted against Obama in 2012, I felt embarrassed when Romney brought up Russia as a threat. It made me cringe.

>113339752
>just because their grandchildren lost their wealth and protection
their parents* i meant. But i guess you got it.
Sorry, quite a big post for me.

This is not the first time I have made a thread like this since Trump's election. I'm seeing a pattern still.

Russians who are open to new opportunity, and those who are bitter and skeptical.

I can't blame all of the Russian skeptics. I can't blame all of my fellow Americans who are skeptical of Russia, either.

We have had a "colored" history.

I'm trying to cast off all emotion and look at the world from a "start from zero emotion/zero history" angle given the new challenges our societies face.

Trump is clearly in the midst of a difficult fight at the moment. Many of his own people are in silent revolt against him (since they were put in place by Obama) and it's going to take time before things can move at all.

But there is new opportunity here.

Imagine what we could accomplish if we cast off our nasty history and became allies.

Putin seems like a very pragmatic man. Many of his policies and stances seem - dare I say it - rather American? I even understand that he has been pushing for more concealed carry firearm permits for good, upstanding Russian citizens. Is this true?

We in the USA love our guns a lot.

If Russia is moving towards greater gun freedom as Europe moves towards even greater gun control, it might be indicative of common ground in an unexpected way. As a gun loving American I am troubled by the way that almost all nations on this increasingly smaller earth are trying to ban them. If Russia is going in the opposite direction, then it interests me GREATLY.

It's spelled gauge you illiterate newfag.

I watch Kiselev, his show is a very funny and patriotic exaggeration.

RIDF confirmed GTFO

I wish Trump and Putin would reach an agreement to fuck UN treaties, and then the two of our nations could share "off limits" oil reserves like those in the Arctic, and profit from them.

No one would dare lift a finger if we did do that, although I bet they would screech autistically.

the US needs to earn the trust of russians. not the other way 'round

Well, it looks like we have the same opinion about this situation. Probably hivemind of Sup Forums resonates.
But if its reassures you a little: many of our liberals went from adoration of US as a "symbol of freedom and democracy" to aversion for half of americans because they elected Trump. (Picrelated from Politico) We have plenty of those, and it is another reminder that things are more difficult than your average bilateral geopolitics.

Personally, Im much more concerned about security risks, than resource particion.

Oh no, no no no. If I watch something it's Solovyov's "Vecher". There, at least, talking heads make some actually good points(And it's always a pleasure to listen to Armageddonych).
Kisilev on the other hand is almost poor propaganda from what i heard.