Pol /martial arts/

why arent you training BJJ?

>No 1 to start for self defense if you have no experience
>good for absolute beginners
>steep learning curve
>you can spar instantly + extremly fun
>in a self defense you can submit someone without doing permanent damage (+points on whiteness)

inb4-it has it limits

every MA and self defense does (unless you have weapons), but in proper circumstances BJJ is extremly useful and you wont go to jail if you have to put someone to sleep

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ALNIPwh8I54
youtu.be/HEjflWAdbiM
youtube.com/watch?v=R5TUM_V8if0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

great for one on one fighting sure, but good luc trying to kimura jamal while tyrone is jumping on your head

This. Seems very risky to go to the ground on the street.

It is absolutely useless in the street.

Brown belt checking in

>Seems very risky to go to the ground on the street.

that is never an option, but you are an idiot if you engage in a fight on the street anytime. BJJ is effective in situations like this

youtube.com/watch?v=ALNIPwh8I54

he didnt even done the choke properly and yet defused the situation without punshing. kind of nobel familia.

t. never trained bjj

getting a fight to the ground is super easy and you've won from there

This has to be the most try-hard picture I have seen all year.

Learn Jeet Kun Do, get some bruce lee shit going on. I've been learning it for a while now and it works on the street, disciplines you, you become extremely flexible and much more. Order now for a free set of steak knives!

>getting a fight to the ground is super easy and you've won from there

yeah, if you dont have at least basic knowledge about BJJ you are dead if you go on the ground. I train for only a month and submit wrestlers easily.

>It is absolutely useless in the street.

how will knowing muay thai help you if you fight against 2 o3 at the same time? ending in that situation only a knife or gun can help

Never denied that, but what if he has a buddy somewhere? Now you are on the ground grappling with someone while the other guy is trying to kick your head in.

You always want to stay on your feet in a street fight.

Bjj is so gay,
All the man touching an grappling
Even Fucking a ladyboy is less gay than bjj
Real man do muay Thai

again this assumes you're fighting one person

>how will knowing muay thai help you if you fight against 2 o3 at the same time?
You can stay on the move and get some shots in, if things start going south you can still run away.

>but what if he has a buddy somewhere? Now you are on the ground grappling with someone while the other guy is trying to kick your head in.

worst case scenarion, you are cooked but if there is a buddy outthere your only plan should be hit and run, you should at least be fluent in the bjj basics + good for overall back strenght

>You can stay on the move and get some shots in, if things start going south you can still run away.

true. ideally you should know both, but nor thai nor any other MA is a guarantee in +1 fights, so many unpredictable factors there.

>how will knowing muay thai help you if you fight against 2 o3 at the same time

seriously? you can't see how kicking and punching is a lot more useful against 3 people than some leglock?

only a closet homo finds something sexual about practicing a martial art.

I agree with you. There is no martial art that is guaranteed to help you in every single scenario and knowing BJJ is very helpful.

But I would never ever go to the ground in a street fight (unless I would somehow know that he is all on his own).

>you can't see how kicking and punching is a lot more useful against 3 people than some leglock?

I can, but the point is once you get in +1 situations only if you are extremly skillfull and heavyweight you have an advantage. Those situation should be avoided at all costs, you are a gambler if you for some reason dont run from it.
If you end up in those situations, dont look at your muay thai skills but look for a steel pole or a knife.

>2016+1&2/12ths
>Not being a master of Krav Maga, Systema, and BJJ.

This guy finishes two guys in a few seconds

How would BJJ have helped him win in this situation? If he would have taken down the first guy, the other would have had an easy time kicking him on the ground

youtu.be/HEjflWAdbiM

Because you have to have clean criminal record around here to do it.

>Krav Maga, Systema
For some reason all the people I know that practise these self defense martial arts really suck

>WUUUUUUHRL STOAR NIGGUH
Gosh I hate black people

'cause most instructors practice in a static environment, where people willingly let you grab their arm, etc.

You'd be better off with fucking Judo than Krav maga at 90% of schools.

>fag-jitsu
>martial art
KEK

Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, those are martial arts if you want to actually survive.

Yes, i make a big difference between wrestling and fag-jitsu.
Wrestling is a system of simple and direct moves which focus on speed, tested and polished throughout history and used by armies through history which fucked the world in the ass (Mongolians, Greeks, Romans, Ottomans).

Fag-jitsu on the other hand adds unnecessary moves, shows off too much, and prolongs attacks more than necessary when every millisecond counts in a fight for the sake of appearing cool. Get that shit the fuck out of here.
Even fucking Chinese preferred adopting Mongolian wrestling throughout their military history.

>implying every martial art works in any situation

and explain to me what'd happen if a wrestler was there and shot a double on this boxer?

How's the boxer going to deal with being wrestle fucked?

Yeah, I guess that is the reason. I visited my local krav maga gym once and was shocked how bad they were at punching and kicking. They didn't even get the basics right.

But maybe there are better gyms out there.

Horny bitch loved that.

youtube.com/watch?v=R5TUM_V8if0

It wouldn't. I'm training in Japanese Jujutsu currently. It covers a lot of ground and is great for foundation in my opinion. I want to train at a boxing gym to get more fluid with striking, and BJJ for ground work. Hell I may even train in TKD just for some more kicks. Don't listen to all these cucks arguing one MA over the other. Find something to build your foundation on, and cross train to supplement what it lacks.

>Because you have to have clean criminal record around here to do it.

That is a shame because BJJ people are nicest people out there, I tried boxing and it was full of meatheads, BJJ is more like chess playing. People who do it are mostly upper class unlike borderline criminals who mostly train muay thai.

>How would BJJ have helped him win in this situation?

it wouldnt. BJJ is highly specific, in situations where it works its absolutly brilliant, where it doesnt, dont use it by any means. its just a tool you have to use properly.

all armies and police have extensive training in BJJ. there is a strong reason for that. you dont bring knife to a gunfight and you dont use BJJ in a group fight, you are missing the point.

I want to fuck that guy

>borderline criminals

The Thai literally let inmates fight for their freedom.
not even fucking shitting you.

He would be fucked, that is true. But I think there is a difference between losing to someone and willingly putting yourself in a terrible position (like going to the ground).

Ideally he would know wrestling and BJJ aswell, so he could defend himself against takedowns.

Sambo > BJJ

Every time

>BJJ is highly specific, in situations where it works its absolutly brilliant, where it doesnt, dont use it by any means. its just a tool you have to use properly.

Amen

meanwhile his friends kick the shit out of you

that explains a lot.

>Krav Maga, Systema

are they worth it? krav maga seems to have a lot of hype and what is systema? I want to do some basic boxing once after BJJ or would you recomment krav maga or systema instead of boxing to combine with bjj?

only so much time in the day.

most people aren't going to fight MMA so learning all these martial arts is useless.

You'd be just fine with BJJ or substituted with wrestling, Muay Thai or boxing .

Preparing for every minimal possibility will get you no where, because then you have to learn all those stupid "disarming" martial arts.

best martial art

So what? The point is, how well would some wrestler deal with two guys trying to jump him? We're not arguing over which discipline is best in a one on one fight.

kek

keep doing what your doing, don't task saturate.
get good at those and don't be distracted by other frilly things.

I would, but I got a bad shoulder which dislocates all the time.

Grappling as a means of self defense is not a very good idea. Now don't get me wrong, BJJ works. It was proven in the original UFC's and Gracie challenge videos time and time again and no one can argue that. But the problem with making grappling your primary self defense art the moment it becomes a multiple attacker scenario it's very hard to do submissions of any kind when multiple people are kicking and punching you while you are on the ground.

Statistically speaking You would be far better off learning Boxing for it's head movement, mobile footwork, and practical strikes . As for the threat of take downs a far safer alternative would be to learn the basics of wrestling. AKA Sprawling/Limited Clinch work and how to get off the ground ASAP.

The wrestler wouldn't deal well.

The point is learn both ground and standing.
that'll cover 95% of all potential fight situations.

You think its risky because you got no ground game. Why do u think are boxers afraid to go down, they have no skillset to deal with enemies on the floor. They will lose.

I don't know much about about sambo, but why isn't it being used in mma? Because they wear gis?

>Preparing for every minimal possibility will get you no where, because then you have to learn all those stupid "disarming" martial arts.
Never bothered with that stuff Tbh. I doubt it would be reliable enough to justify the time neccessary to learn it.

most of them are total memes, best defense on a dude with a weapon is running the fuck away.

No time for macho bullshit when the dude is drunk and holding a knife, get the fugg out.

this guy gets it

>keep doing what your doing, don't task saturate.
>get good at those and don't be distracted by other frilly things.

I get you, but short question - krav maga or boxing?

>Grappling as a means of self defense is not a very good idea. Now don't get me wrong, BJJ works. It was proven in the original UFC's and Gracie challenge videos time and time again and no one can argue that.

all truth, but the nobiltiy of BJJ is submitting weaker people without doing damage e.g. drunk skinny cousing starts doing crazy shit you get a rear naked choke out of him and the picknick is back at normal. that is the best use of bjj. My goal was never to become superman.

>why arent you training BJJ?
I live in a country with guns.

boxing.

Krav Maga isn't good at keeping people at a distance which is literally all you need to do.

No, my main concern is that most self defense scenarios are not 1 v 1 fights. If he has a friend around you are in a really bad position if you go to the ground.

You do not become any safer by training in a martial art. Real life does not have anything to do with martial arts. You don't suddenly find out who you want to fight and then get transported into a cage and have all friends and weapons removed beforehand with a set of rules then applied.

>I live in a country with guns.

do it for fun and healthy back muscles. Its great for overall fintess and far better than wight lifting. its rediculously fun to spar bjj.

>boxing.
>Krav Maga isn't good at keeping people at a distance which is literally all you need to do.

tought so. Thanks.

>No, my main concern is that most self defense scenarios are not 1 v 1 fights

you are talking abotu serious brawls not fights. Ive seen many 1v1 fights in elementary and high shool and ALL of them were 1v1. If there is a serious brawl - run!

>You do not become any safer by training in a martial art
So a pro boxer is not any safer in a fight than some untrained dude?

Don't get me wrong, real life is not fair, I agree with that. But I think you can at least increase your chances to come out of a fight alive.

>acting like martial arts are MMA exclusive

Remember, MMA was found to find which martial art was the best, not martial arts founded to compete in MMA.

I'm an intellectual, and a Wizard in real life. While you're out rolling around on an old, dirty gym mat, in the sexually tense grips of some sweaty nigger, struggling to overcome your insecurity, I am busy doing actually important things. Like expanding the mind. For it is only by Man's own intellect that he is like God; hence to pursue that, is the path to infinite wisdom and immortality; not somewhere in the area of Tyrone's armpits when he's got you in headlock, dumbass.

>asking Sup Forums to ever do something productive in their lives

you'll notice how defensive Sup Forums gets if you suggested lifting, practicing martial arts, or going to university at all.

A rear naked choke would definitely work. But you can learn how to do that choke in a afternoon, You don't need to fluent in the entire art to be able to use some practical locks/chokes. Hence our law enforcement. You can add the extra techniques like that after you cover your basics enough. Remember, your basics are the most important thing above all. Practicality is one of the greatest weapons you can have.

>you are talking abotu serious brawls not fights
Well, you can never know if your opponent has any friends to back him up. So going to the ground is very unwise in any situation. That, in my opinion, makes it impossible to rely on BJJ for self defense.

i did it, it's nice an true, useful, but just for 1 on 1. the moment you go on ground others will stomp your head.
imho standing fighting is better option with multiple opponents, but this isnt a manga if you are outnumbered 9 times out of 10 you will get killed

> lifting, practicing martial arts, or going to university at all
Check, check and check. Feels good Tbh.

>I'm an intellectual, and a Wizard in real life. While you're out rolling around on an old, dirty gym mat, in the sexually tense grips of some sweaty nigger, struggling to overcome your insecurity, I am busy doing actually important things.

Im an intellectual also and almost a wizzard, and your approach is dead wrong. seriosuly, try BJJ, if you are an intellectual and not fit youll like it its like playing chess.

PS - Bertrand Russel was a basic bitch and a nasty hippie appart from that solid book he wrote.

Do you even lift?

can confirm body slams and choke holds are the best to deal with niggers, especially the really skinny ones

> So a pro boxer is not any safer in a fight than some untrained dude?

Correct. That is because a fight doesn't happen in an organised way. The first step is to never get in fights. Defusing the situation, avoiding dangerous situations, etc.

Then, if you somehow get in a fight that is completely unavoidable (I am not even sure how you do that, maybe you are trapped in a room or something), what are the chances that either you or the other person don't have or can't find a weapon? Even if it is a nearby chair.

Then there is the question of whether you or the other person has any friends nearby who will make it unfair.

Then you have to consider the environment, whether you are on a hard surface and so on and so on.

All of this means that the advantage of being trained in a martial art applies in such a small number of situations that it is irrelevant.

It may not even help if your muscles are wired to follow rules, rather than someone who doesn't train and will happily do whatever to win, which is probably a completely different thing to what is required in a professional fight.

Then you have the fact that people trained in fighting are often too keen to get into fights, so increase their chances of being injured.

>i'm an intellectual
>that's why i will let my arteries and blood routes in my body get clogged and suppressed by fat and inactivity, so my brain can get less oxygenation and nutrition and my mind can suffer

You are not very bright.

There's a good reason even people such as Hawking are kept in very low body-fat states.

Does anyone here ACTUALLY train or all of you just Wikipedia and weeb fags?

Pic related. Martial art of distance.

Does anyone have any recommendations of books on unarmed combat & techniques?

I've read pic related and although it's a bit old fashioned, It's been very infomative and easy to understand.

Body slams are much more important in real life considering that mma fights are held in rings with absorbent floors that greatly reduce how much you are injured from this type of move.

I do (((krav maga))). I'd recommend it over boxing because it's more tailored towards real situations.

That said, a lot depends on your teacher and group. There are a lot of KM classes tailored towards middle upper class white women.

those are all correct claims, but many fights are just hand to hand, often with people that dont know themselves how to fight, so being a boxer would totally give some advantage. i heard they do some particular wraps on hands when training and are at risk of breaking hands when punching without them
skull is hard after all

Those fights are usually where both people want to fight each other. That isn't self-defense.

gdje treniraš?

Straya dropping the knowledge, but with one key expetion - youll deal with fear far better in SHTF scenarion.

>Then you have the fact that people trained in fighting are often too keen to get into fights, so increase their chances of being injured.

THISx1000. A brawler is not a warrior.

that guy has some severe scoliosis.

Also, Okichitaw is good for armed combat (knife, hatchet, war club) and killing / disabling multiple opponents.

what's that shit, triple kick is retard

Of course those are valid points but I don't agree with your conclusion. Training martial arts can make a huge difference. Getting hit by an untrained person or a trained boxer is such a huge difference, you have to experience it to truley believe it.

See

you are talking about some nigga with a knife that wants your wallet? if you mean so then yes by any chance
if it's someone trained or used to have an aggressive mentality he will probably fuck you up.
most professional fighters stay out of random quarrels if they can, unless niggers or retards

I am talking about a 1 on 1 fight situation of two equal or comparable fighters in a real street environment.
Every move that is used to pull down someone into the ground exposes you to deathblows that are illegal in a ring.
Add to that weapons like knives, screwdrivers, batons, wrenches, belts, bricks,etc. and you should realize the uselessness of it.

My old friend is a solid mma fighter and he thought me the move against being pulled down into the ground, that works and is reliable, if you wear shoes even more.
Best option is to run away.

>Best option is to run away
nisam tol'ko bež'o još od drugog rata

I agree, its all bs in IRL scenarion but BJJ is for these scenarios >but the nobiltiy of BJJ is submitting weaker people without doing damage e.g. drunk skinny cousing starts doing crazy shit you get a rear naked choke out of him and the picknick is back at normal. that is the best use of bjj.

fucking rude, we aere having a nice convo. you are a retard.

Even being dropped on the soft padded floors knocks the wind out of you.

Pic related - Saenchai sweep ko.

Glup si.

AKA
>the most important and basic moves you learn in boxing, more important than even punching - backsteps, sidesteps, upper body sway

Training this always looks retarded and makes one feel like a retard, but the result is precisely that gif.

Does anyone know where you can learn martial arts ? The normal clubs are full of turks and other subhumans

this
seen many knocking out themselves not being able to do them correctly by smashing their head tho

That is true.
Most people underestimate the difficulty of protecting others from yourself.

A zajebavam se, nemoj biti toliko osjetljiv. Slažem se s tim kaj si rekao zapravo.

>Romanian
>shilling anything that isn't Stake Arts
Get the fuck out of here.

Being 100% serious how good is Wing Chun? It looks autistic but I kinda like it.

>The normal clubs are full of turks and other subhumans

I had similar experience with non BJJ clubs, but it seems that BJJ population is very different than boxing (its mostly a defensive skill so it creates a different mentality), Idk what is the bjj situation in your city, but look out for cleaner clubs where the coach is a nice person. Youll find a bjj club with nice people Im sure.

>Judo

Really all you need, once the niggers on the ground you can do literally whatever you want to them. Throwing people is much eaiser than you think and the look on the persons face is absolutely priceless.

It is one of the best if you are smaller than your opponent. Pretty useless if you are big and slow.

Pretty sure wing chung was meant for small asian women

perfectly good legs.. they use nubs instead
Niggers truly are retarded.

Anyone else want to learn boxing but not want to get brain damage? Everytime I see an interview with a pro boxer, or even an mma fighter, they all seem to be mildly retarded from shots to the head.

You should at least know basic boxing though. I once did some sparring with mma gloves with a pretty competent judo practicioner. He took a few punches and the fight was over. The problem was he didn't know how to close the distance without getting hit.

Anti Tyrone defence 101:
> BJJ supplemented with wrestling for takedowns/slams
> Muay thai supplemented with boxing for hand strikes strikes

This is all you need, lift too as more mass = more weight on opponents when your grappling/wrestling

It's garbage.

Judo, BJJ, and maybe boxing are all you would ever need.