SpaceX launch and Sup Forums+ GENERAL

***Sup Forums+ GENERAL***

SpaceX CRS10 LAUNCH STREAM (starts in about ~1h 20min:

youtube.com/watch?v=giNhaEzv_PI

memo:
For too long have the libtards hijacked science as a label for their movement.

I am sick of plebbit retards saying they are """progressive""", when the only thing
they do is watch Big Bang Theory, make up genders and completely ignore facts and
rationment. Traditionally, progress and advancement always developed under whites and under right wing regimes, and the majority of scientists/discoverers/innovators leaned right.

It is time to acknowledge the true patron and upholder of science.

This is why I am beginning this general, a place for discussion for the issues and news about
technology and science, and how they affect politics, not only now, but most important, in the future.

I think that, in the wake of the recent invasion of ShariaBlue/ CrewTR bait threads, this would bring a little more lively and entertraining discussion.

It will not be a daily thread, in order to not slide the more important threads.

Today's themes:
Advancements in exoskeletons, drones and AI are getting closer to reality by every year. How do you think technology will affect the future of warfare?

On today's edition, we'll watch the launch of the SpaceX CRS10 Mission, which starts in
about one hour.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UokCw-9lnNA
youtube.com/watch?v=SmnutY10gNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/02/elon-musk-is-all-in-on-donald-trump/515562/
money.cnn.com/2017/02/04/technology/elon-musk-trump-advisory-council/
youtube.com/watch?v=KMI7HIhKdIo
youtube.com/watch?v=Wj1b8wh2Ul4
youtube.com/watch?v=-e9QzIkP5qI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Ballistic_Missile_Defense_System
youtube.com/watch?v=n_yz_ONZltA
ustream.tv/nasahdtv
youtube.com/watch?v=qPVRRtNxw5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=rUDLxFUMC9c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bumps highly encouraged

>advertising streams

yeah enjoy your 30 day vacation.

I am not advertising shit, nigger. You will see I will make more threads in the following weeks, without any streams. Today SpaceX tries again to launch a Falcon rocket, that's why I included it

Exosuits, robot arms and mini subs documentary:
youtube.com/watch?v=UokCw-9lnNA

DARPA testing EXACTO self-steering bullets:
youtube.com/watch?v=SmnutY10gNQ

3D printed guns:
youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA

This is a higher quality thread than half the fucking board. You know what really shits up the board? Fucking /HWNDU/ bullshit. How many of those threads you think we'll see today?

exactly, we don't need more redditors forcing their /general/ bullshit here. If you dont image boards fuck off. All these threads have like 2-3 original ones and then succumb to forcing memes & shitposting. This is what ruined Sup Forums, Sup Forums and every single board where people can't handle the idea of continuously making good threads instead of reposting a thread that was good once.

Thanks for bumping this off topic garbage.
You faggots are so deep into cancer that you don't even know anymore. Now post some anime girls with MAGA hats in the trump general or what you faggots do on a sunday morning.

come on bitches, at least bump the thread. You fall for the CTR bait threads, sperging out in them, but you ignore these type of threads

fucking nu-pol man I swear

Is elon musk /ourguy/ ?

I really think so.

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/02/elon-musk-is-all-in-on-donald-trump/515562/

money.cnn.com/2017/02/04/technology/elon-musk-trump-advisory-council/

Yes. He is singlehandedly /building better worlds/

Science is the ultimate redpill. Societal fashions come and go but science is transcendental

>off topic garbage

Oh, yeah, my bad, sorry for interrupting you from your daily dose of "dRUMPFy btfo", "rlly makes me think", and "pol btfo" threads.

The cringey anime shit has always bothered me. I don't get it. Guess it's part of being here. And wtf is "awoo"? Every fucking thread. "Awoo." Christ.

By the way, BUMP!

OP stop being a desperate faggot

Just like a SpaceX launch, your shitty thread won't take off no matter how hard you shill

Nano spy drones
youtube.com/watch?v=KMI7HIhKdIo

Railgun promises new military advantage:
youtube.com/watch?v=Wj1b8wh2Ul4

Boston Dynamics all prototypes:
youtube.com/watch?v=-e9QzIkP5qI

Have one bumpzzz. I like this idea.

Reminder that SpaceX haters are Anti-American shills hating if the biggest advancement of space technology in the last 4 decades.

kill yourself, nigger

>republican scientists

>guided bullets
Jesus fuck.

>South African (redpilled on nignogs running his country)
>Naturalized American citizen
>Loves the US with all his heart
>Best friends with /ourguy/ Peter Thiel
>Supports Trump even though he lives in a liberal hellhole called the Bay Area
>Makes the best cars in the world
>Makes the best rockets in the world
>Everything he makes is 100% Made in USA
>Has 5 Masterrace white kids
>Says that whites should have more kids to preserve the future
>Wants to clean the nevironment but not a SJW about it
>Gets attacked on daily basis by union fags, commies and feminists
>Is the coolest dude in America right now
>Trump's Technology adviser

How more based can you get?

Can some user provide me with some kind of insight about the Iron dome ?
It is really interessting to see a missle shield working, and I want to learn more about that stuff.

all scientists traditionally lean right wing
late/actual corrupted republican party with intellectuals from all around the world from the beginning of modern human history

yeah, pretty scary. But the system is still not perfect, and there are very many simple counter measures, such as reflective armor. You practically just need to divert the laser

>all scientists traditionally lean right wing

BWAAHAAAAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>a fucking leaf

nice argument btw

They're all over. Thy don't work in academia; they want to make shit that works in the real world, or get rich.

Dont speak with these creatures, because it will only destroy the thread.
They are out for (yous) and nothing more.

What great discoveries are “right wingers” responsible for?

The flat earth theory? Creationism? Young Earth theory? Vaccine awareness?

Just kill yourself nigger.

don't really know anything about it, but this might interest you too:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Ballistic_Missile_Defense_System

also, check out this dope shit:
DARPA's Iron Curtain, anti-RPG system
youtube.com/watch?v=n_yz_ONZltA

Thanks.

who is launching what?

> SpaceX is targeting a late morning launch of its tenth Commercial Resupply Services mission (CRS-10) from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

this is the elon musk guy right?

you are delusional, faggot

With some exceptions, those who support what you listed are your regular Hillary-voting, "Coexist"-sticker-on-van soccer moms, hippie stoners and "woke" young libs

Ever heard of Operation Paperclip, nigger? German nazi scientists were taken by USA after the war to work on their space program

Also, ever heard of Isaac Newton? Michael Faraday? Schopenhauer? The list goes on and on, so fuck off back to your plebbit circlejerk

hopefully today they will launch it

SpaceX is full of liberals...

the ground crew sabotaged the launch yesterday so they could eat the ben & jerry's onboard when they were fixing the TVC

truth!

Yeah.
Tesla, SpaceX and SolarCity are some of the companies where he is involved.

25 minutes left

additional NASA stream, with coverage and comment:
ustream.tv/nasahdtv

bump for successful launch

>No blacks
Successful launch confirmed

Right... their CEO just happens to be the most Redpilled person in America

Fake & gay

Kek wills it

>Weather 70% favorable; tracking cumulus cloud cover

bumpan

BUMP FOR SPACE
fuckin' belters m8 reee

Where do i buy tickets?

these hosted casts suck balls, millenial interns i do not want your half-scripted ego tripping. I want nuts and bolts, and space nuts and cyber bolts.

TECHNICAL WEBCAST

youtube.com/watch?v=qPVRRtNxw5Q

Stream is live, about 19min till launch.

HERE WE GOO

will they be showing off sick suits?

SAGE-3 is being tested today.

Has anyone here read the essay by ray kurzweil (works for google) about the law of accelerating returns?

Ever since reading it ive gained an interest the increasing rate at which technology is progressing, is anyone slightly scared that we are on the brink of an event horizon due to leaps and bounds being made in things like;

Gene Therapy
Gene editing (crspr/cas9)
Extended life medicine and science
Nano bots especially for medical uses
Commercial space travel
Sea Steading
Exo skeletons
Augmented body modifications
The ability to grow organs and limbs
The ability to mass produce fresh human blood
Quantum computing, and the increasing speed of computers
Artificial intelligence
Virtual reality
3d Printing
Spike Automated Technologies
Open Source Robotics and other projects that bring technologies previously unavailable the public or small businesses to the masses

There is so much going on, its genuinely scary to think about how much the world has changed since the 80/90ss and how much its going even just by 2020

Yuhuh, event horizons, we're on the curvy bit of the exponential curve

don't be a scared though, fear is debilitating (in large doses)

haha, are you me, ausbro?

I feel exactly the same, it feels like I am at the border between two worlds, it feels almost surreal. Too bad our society has become so degenerate

Also:

ETA 10 minutes to launch

People routinely overestimate these things. I wouldn't get too optimistic.

if this thread dies, can we make a techno utopian thread?

wasn't there already a launch yesterday or the day before?

what's going on and what's special about this one (there usually isn't a thread on Sup Forums for spacex launches)

>law of diminishing returns
>law of increasing returns

they can't both be true.

we always have threads.
t. I usually make them

We WUZ rockets n shit

Im more or less excited about the changes ill get to see in my life time.

There are good genes on both sides of my family that have lead to most of my relatives living to around 100+, im hoping ill get to see the benefits of extended life sciences and be able to live not only a longer life, but a life spent in good health, which is the downside of having an extended life at the moment, peoples quality of life deteriorates quickly with old age, i hope to be able to do more with the time and body that i have.

What are you most excited for?

>ray memezweil

yesterday's launch got aborted at T minus 13 seconds. redundant vector adjustment thruster system not working, or something.

Say what you like but his principles hold up in the real world, they held up for computing, they held up for the human genome project, the guy makes a good point about technology and exponential growth.

yesterday but they aborted t minus a few mins because there was an unresolved issue with the stage 2 something or other.
therefore they missed the window > today

also there usually is a spacex launch thread / musk thread going. especially as space gets more politicised (and hopefully colonised)

>ready for engine chill
*comfy*

excited for peace, excited for exploration, the new frontier.
I don't even mind if it's not me, as long as we can pass on the gift of space travel to our kids
one day there will be post-humans, will they thanks us? probs not, they'll think we were as dumb as club wielders but. I relish that
:D
TO SPACE!!!!!!!!

correct, ray memes well

not true, i had to make a thread for a launch one or two years ago and it had no replies

Ill join if you make it.

Thanks, dude

that's what i wanted to know, thanks lads

OH SHIT! IT FUCKNG BLEW UP!!

well, musk is a fucking fraud though

Society is pretty fucked
Im hoping peter thiel makes good on his promise of a sea steading community where i can go live in my libertarian paradise.

Hope the fucking thing doesn't blow up.
About time they started getting this shit to work properly.

Bump

good thread user

here we go!!

when is the Heavy launching?

fucking noice

Fucking clouds.
At least get a high altitude plane filming that thing while it climbs.

Boo clouds. We wont get to see it explode.

Beautiful

Fuck the weather, also.

AWOOOO

Your'e telling me that the man who has built a fucking private space transport company and also started the first truly viable electric car company and is paving the way for driverless vehicles is a fraud. Why because he over promises and under delivers?

It's going to be beautiful on the way down though, today is RTLS.

>Launch
>immediately move cameras away from the action
FUCK

why do they all sound like such faggots?

why no using the cameras attached in the sides of the rocket tho

i think it blew up and theyre covering it

Looks like ksp

Dudebot is that you?

ok, nevermind :^)

SEPARATION! 2nd ENGINE LIGHT!

>launching shit into space that fucking quickly

that's pretty cool

aliums

tfw you wished you studied robotics.

Space is only 90 seconds away straight up, m8.
Not that far at all.

Oh here comes the landing

No. Just some user whose shitposting instinct was triggered by people complaining about animu here.

Falcon Heavy?
I think in Sept.