youtube.com/watch?v=CPrP2pFdqfM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fftskn5HFdA
nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d15/tables/dt15_236.10.asp
nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d15/tables/dt15_236.55.asp
archive.nevadajournal.com/nj98/05/prussian.htm
ncsl.org/research/education/voucher-law-comparison.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Trump is hiring idiots. Your nation is fucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=fftskn5HFdA

She doesn't even know the most basic issues in the field over which she is expected to govern. What the fuck.

We want to end the dep. of education. libs dont want to tell their constituents why we want to so they go for low blow attacks on her

Al Franken is still alive?

Trump wants to end the department of education. He's mentioned this before. Hiring her is his backup plan. If he can't remove dep Ed with an executive order, DeVos will still be able to run it into the ground.

he's one of the better democratic senators, actually.

smart and a believer, instead of a corrupt power monger.
actually represents the beliefs and needs of minnesota.

he may be a dirty commie, but he's the left's rand paul. and actually apparently became good friends with paul while serving in congress.

Okay, entertain me, why do you want to eradicate the public standard of education and funnel tax payer money into private Christian schools al a second ponzi scheme? What's the principled conservative argument?

>devos' ponzi scheme

Dept of ED has only existed since about 1980. In that time frame do you think education overall has improved or declined in this country? As a father of 3 currently in middle and high school I can say objectively that the standard and quality is far worse that what it was when I was in school.

Stop voting for republicans who defund public education then turn around and complain that it's failing.

They're rural and suburban retards. This is exactly what they want: everyone to be dragged down to their level of retardation.

we just did

You don't realize we don't care. We spend the most on education by far and it doesn't budge scores. It's a corrupt piece of shit that should be cut of all funding

We have been pouring money into education for the last 30+ years and it keeps getting worse. Your argument is not an argument.

Yeah, because urban focused education doesn't cater to the dumbest fucking nigger in the school.

I'm sure that's where all of tomorrow's leaders are coming from, inner-city schools.

God damned fucking retarded Canadians.

I forgot how great the Chicago public school system is. Any inner city school system is far superior, obviously.

>A
>FUCKING
.LEAF

>rekt

can her charter schools segregate?

is this a stealth measure to get white youths in multikulti areas back on track by giving them their own schools?

>Absolutely despise public education
>DeVos

I'm not sure if she's hired because she is a manager with decent working experience in other fields or if he plans on just having her run shit into the ground.

Eitherway, I want to see where this goes.

>al franken
>smart

choose

This. Education overall in the country was better when it was controlled by the states.

Brother, America spends more money on "education" than any other country in the world. Yet we come in at about #40 in quality. Maybe throwing money at a broken system isn't the answer?

Dumbest statement ever. Your local school board has ten times more power over your local schools than the dept of education has.

And the quality of public school varies widely from neighborhood to neighborhood.

How do you guys know the Dept Education failing to educate kids? If we didn't have it, we wouldn't know how well or bad kids are doing at at school because those statistics that tell us how badly kids are educated would not even exist.
It's like complaining about the weather so you remove the national weather service in hope that it'll give you good weather ever day. IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT.

why are shills so unoriginal, "rural and suburban retards"

no one wants your fake (((Education)))

we want to destroy it

Why doesnt Al just personally attack parents who want to send their kids to private school.

Al is basicly attacking the private school drug dealer instead trying to send the parents who want to use private school drugs to treatment.

>Your local school board has ten times more power over your local schools than the dept of education has.
Common core means that the curriculum is decided by the federal government and is thus, standardised, you autistic mouthbreathing imbecile.

Canacucks circle jerking to see who's a bigger fag. Is anything sadder?

>Your argument is not an argument.
Neither is yours. I've asked for a principled conservative argument for supporting devos' plans and none of you trump shills has the bantz to back it up.

>Is anything sadder?

rural and suburban retards

>omg, the woman doesn't even know the basic stuff? How can we keep a tightly state controlled educational system this way?
You don't.

We also spend more on healthcare but you don't see anyone calling to defund medicine, just people's ability to access it. So what's the fix for education system?

>hay let me tell you how your country works

The can only issue general guideline and standard for the nation. The real day to day, how things function is done by the school board and the principles that act as its officers.

The Dept of ED does not hire the school board. there are elected and cant be removed by them. The school board has final say in how local schools function, they can fire teacher they can hire them, the can set policy. They have all the real power.

So things like common core, no child left behind, bussing a bunch of retarded ghetto brown kids to the white schools... that's been part of the make up of American education since the beginning right? Thinking any local branch of government has more control than the fed in current year is the dumbest statement ever.

Nah he just represents the twin cities and all the Somalis that keep him in power. Minnesotans are ducks though so whatever.

t. nigger

She is infinitely smarter than Canadians who teach their youth to cut off their penis to become transgender.

It's amazing how far you can come if you just avoid the Reggressive Left.

You have no clue how schools are run do you idiot? Only shit school that need fed funding follow common core. Rich neighborhood can wipe their ass with it.

Education is better when parents homeschool their fucking kids. Cut all public education.

t. rural and suburban retard

>putting cost and education improvement on the same axis

WTF kind of shitty graph is this?!?

>no one calling to defund the FDA and Obama care
user...

no, he represents most of them, pretty well. ironrangefag here.
fuck somalis, the state is mostly old skool DFL, when it was still ok for liberals to still be racist.

the iron range had segregated schools by expelling every black kid for behavioral issues and shipping them all to one shared school that was 50% black and 50% drug abusing white.

why not?

You have no clue how anything is run do you idiot?
>my rich daddies have provided me with a very sheltered existence and if things aren't exactly how I think they should be then I'm gonna REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

not saying franklin is down with that sorta thing, just that he does a good job of representing a farmer-labor liberalism for the most part.

>>hay let me tell you how your country works
>you can't know how my country works if you're not a citizen!
You're a retard. Here is why:

>The can only issue general guideline and standard for the nation. The real day to day, how things function is done by the school board and the principles that act as its officers.
Common core issues standardised tests AS WELL as guidelines. Sure, you can teach them whatever the fuck you want, but then there's a high likelihood the kids' performance will be subpar.
The school board cannot overhaul the curriculum, nor overrule the common core testing practices.

You know that we had health insurance, hospitals, doctors, surgeons before Obama came into office, right? I mean you do know that right?

Also big pharma and big agriculture has infiltrated our regulatory agencies like the FDA to impose regulations that hurt smaller startup companies to prevent any real competition.

This. Defund the Dept of ED and pay families that have one parent stay home to educate the kids

Obamacare allows access to medicine, not the cost of said medicine, you need to read my posts in detail and think critically because I'm not going to go at Shlomo speed for trumpkins. The FDA is a relative body, again access, not cost.

The Department of Education is unconstitutional you dumb fuck.

She did seem like a pretty bad choice desu.

FDA is regulative.

>principled conservative argument

>Neither is yours
It is, you claimed the way to help public schools is to stop voting for republicans that want to defund it. The opposite is true and you are denying that fact. We are complaining it is failing while burning giant piles of cash on it. We spent a little over 13,000 dollars per student in FY14-15 yet see little to no results from it. In fact our education is the laughing stock of the world.

nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d15/tables/dt15_236.10.asp
nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d15/tables/dt15_236.55.asp

So youre saying Obamacare has had 0 effect on cost?

I know a guy whos either
A: Never had to pay for his own insurance
or
B: Is using the internet right now at a public library. In which case, you're welcome. Happy to cover your coverage for you.

It was fought in 1979 because it was unconstitutional back then and it remains unconstitutional today. There is no enumerated power that would hand the federal government the power to manage education federally.

to be fair, i wouldn't talk to someone named "hassan" either

>compares apples to oranges

Because that's not how graphs work

literally nitpicking over words while they all want the samething

stupid leftists man
sage

stop allowing niggers in white schools and the education levels will skyrocket, baka

So what's your principled argument defending DeVos' plan to fund private Christian schools with tax payer money while dismantling public education?

I agree we can use what we already spend on education more efficiently, but I don't think that's a good reason to blow it up as a public institution. I need a principled conservative argument to show me why blowing up public education is a net positive for the US citizenry at large.

what do you mean?
that graph clearly shows total spendings dramatically increasing and it not improving student results at all

This is generally true but also kind of misleading. It really depends on your state's structure

graphs "work" by relating information
the graph posted is pretty fucking simple and the point it makes is very straightforward.
over the past 40 years, public spending on education PER STUDENT has more than tripled.
and over the same 40 years, average student scores have stagnated and continue to do so.

the point pretty fucking clear: govt. is spending more and more money without getting any actual returns for it.

my mother has been teaching at college for roughly 13 years. every year the students come more ill equipped for college in her experience because the education system is so awful. she's a democrat herself, a never trump person, but her eyes have opened to state controlled education and wants the DoE gone. students come in unable to piece together coherent sentences, think critically, research, and unable to analyze basic texts. she has to spend the first 4 weeks of her class reteaching basic literature for the past 4 years.

if you want proof that the Dept. of Ed. is fucked beyond all repair, take a look at this thread, shills put forward by David Brock, who's """"education"""" leaves them illogical, emotionally driven, and morally manipulated into believing everything they hear from the "vaunted American left"

tough news faggots, we're crashing the 37 year-old department that poisons the minds of our youth, performs usury in the form of student loans, and colludes with universities to create indoctrination centers

neck yourselves

>So what's your principled argument defending DeVos' plan to fund private Christian schools with tax payer money while dismantling public education?
Are you familiar with the school voucher system?

kill yourself

Jesus christ could you be more sheltered

>I know a guy whos either
A: Never had to pay for his own insurance
or
B: Is using the internet right now at a public library. In which case, you're welcome. Happy to cover your coverage for you.

Nice deflection. What is meant to be gained by this healthy bit of projection?

Yes, obamacare is not a negotiation on cost, it's a negotiation on access. We spend more as a nation on medicine, as you've correctly pointed out before, Obama care doesn't change that fact.

Are you familiar with rural fly over states?

Federal standards pave the way for educational processes that states and local school choose to implement.

Standardized testing, common core all relate to funding.

I personally think that public education should exist but it should be run by states and local communities who pay the property taxes to fund the schools.

The problem with the inner city is that nobody pays property taxes so nobody pays for schools and it all lands on state funding and federal grants from taxpayers from across the state and country.

There is no reason why a rural person in Oklahoma should have to fund niggers in Chicago especially when they waste the money and get absolutely nothing of value.

You do know we had schools before the department of education existed right? I mean you know that right?

Hurr my special snowflake retard child should have the opportunity to go to any school I want it to, even if it cost 6 trillion and we have to hire additional retard teachers and rebuild the infrastructure that any mongo kid with any retardation can be teached in the inclusive system in any school

Public school is literally serfdom. It's produced measurable declines in national literacy and overall education since 1900.

archive.nevadajournal.com/nj98/05/prussian.htm

his point is people are calling to defund medical support from the governement, which you claimed non are calling for

also the government/pharmaceutical and its regulations are the reason medical insurance is so high in the first place.

doctors used to not make alot of money and didnt require 10 years of training to treat a broken arm or give out medicine for a cold. instead the field got flooded by people who just want to make 6 figures a year and dont care about medicine or science behind it.

The ACA has directly inflated costs. Now one can argue that the costs were going up before and could have possibly been worse without it but saying that it hasnt effected the costs in its own right is not correct or is just an outright lie.

I have three children. My costs have tripled in the last 8 years. I pay $1,200 a month for health coverage for myself and three children. The wife gets hers from work. If she was on mine it would be $1600 a month.

If I take my kids off my coverage it would be $500 a month.

Thats fucking expensive and guess who Im paying for? Not me!

Not to mention the fucking deductibles. The ACA is corporate welfare for the insurance companies and nigger welfare for the poor. Guess who gets the dick? Middle class taxpayers like myself.

Not an argument. The states should govern themselves. If the voucher system is a good thing, states that have it will prosper while those that don't won't.

Common core is destroying education, especially since federal funding is tied to the Common Core.
Federal law says that private schools and home schools have to abide by federal education mandates for as long as they accept federal funds. Even then, the ACT and the College Board are both proponents of the common core, meaning that if you want a higher education, you will STILL have to be subjected to it.

ncsl.org/research/education/voucher-law-comparison.aspx

You're on a whole new level of stupid aren't you.

Suburban/rual school out test most if not all of urban schools in the U.S.

Better performance from top to bottom, from grades to attendance urban school are simply BTFO by suburban/rural schools.

We must be doing something right, we got Trump into office, kids do better in schools, lower crime.

But you just go ahead and keep pushing your dumb ass liberal talking points. Maybe it will work out for you better if you go back to pushing the older "you are on the wrong side of history" narrative because the whole world has seen plenty of the stuuupid urban liberals on you tube this past year to know that the "muh education" narrative is utter bullshit.

Liberal arts education is an oxymoron.

I

She started with trying to give a clear answer, but Franken was playing 'Gotchya'.

Jews gonna Jew

I was referring to how power is structured. In NM for example, the state took away a lot of power from local boards. All local boards really do now is hire and fire the superintendent

see

Looks like someone needs to go take stats you fucking retarded shill

we deserve everything we get

>Trump tells people that he's not hiring Washington insiders who have been running the system the way it has been for years
>people are surprised when he does it

Omg, she knows nothing about how we have been successfully running things guys.

The department of education is an unconstitutional and totally failed department. Trump obviously put someone in charge of it who will probably just eradicate public education altogether.

Abolishing the Federal Department of Education won't "defund" public education. Public education is funded almost entirely by state and local taxes, with only minor subsidies coming from federal programs (and not all of them from the DoEd.

Here in Iowa, 40-45% of our state income taxes every year goes towards education spending. All lottery proceeds go towards subsidizing primary and secondary education as well. In fact the only real contribution the DoEd makes to Iowa's schools are in the form of college loans and Pell grants. The grants don't make much of a dent and the loans could easily be take out directly from banks instead of through DoEd middle-men.

All abolishing the DoEd would do is give the individual states the final say in how to run their schools, public and private alike. The states would get to decide how to spend their education funding, the states would get to decide whether to embrace or abolish programs like No Child Left Behind or Common Core instead of having them forced on them.

A tragically uneducated post. We spend 300% more on education now than we did in the 70s. George Bush invested more dollars into education than Bill Clinton who came before him. This is all easily researchable information with widely available sources. No Republicans in the past 30 years have cut ANY aspect of government at all, even though they campaigned on it.

>unconstitutional

You commie scum don't understand.
We WANT public school to be abolished.

Only shitty parents that don't care about their children and single mothers looking for a babysitter send their kids to public school.

It's an open air drug market and prostitution den for the underage.

Fucking this.
I have never seen Sup Forums be so right about one topic before.

Franken-Stein...

>not argument
The voucher system fucks public education in rural areas. Voucher system is a fine fix for the inner cities. However, when the states rely on federal funding to bus all the kids in one county to the one high school in the county, it's hard to see a profitable solution; ergo no private school will be built in the county. Where are the kids going to use their vouchers when the public schools are closed?

What are the benefits of testing well? What are the punishments for testing poorly? Has common core / no child left behind shown any improvements to the educational landscape? How so?