THIS is the Remington 700. There are 7,500,000 of them in America

THIS is the Remington 700. There are 7,500,000 of them in America.

The Remington 700 is defective and fires randomly without even pulling the trigger. People have died from it. The company admits nothing and have recalled nothing.

The 2nd amendment doesn't let the government recall guns like they would a stroller or a toy with lead in it.

How will the free market fix this?

cbsnews.com/news/popular-remington-700-rifle-linked-to-potentially-deadly-defects/

Other urls found in this thread:

cbs46.com/story/24172684/family-files-lawsuit-against-gunmaker-to-save-lives-after-teen-fatally-shot
youtube.com/watch?v=cbTIkDQ93Tc
xmprecall.remington.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Qa0cNr2_fSE
youtube.com/watch?v=oS_GDpZM3ak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New Remington is much worse.

Simply don't buy from them, they are the American taurus.

Easy, X other company makes the same model with a fix to this, it sells like hotcakes if the defective one sold this much, the company that makes Remingtons will be forced to make an improved verson and sell it for cheaper, and so the beautiful cycle of capitalism moves along.

Enter mossberg and winchester

>Not buying superior mossberg

>The 2nd amendment doesn't let the government recall guns like they would a stroller or a toy with lead in it.

> How will the free market fix this?

Remington voluntarily recalled them you fucking retard.

Remington is Fuddcore, only old people buy from them.

The free market fixes it by allowing companies like Mossberg and Savage to sell more rifles to disgruntled remington customers

why even live

>the company that makes Remingtons

Are you actually retarded?

>Remington

Anyone who buys this shit deserves everything they get.

>all of these are defective
Cerberus is shit, old 700s are gold.

Wew lad good thing I went with the Swedish Master Race Mossberg

They were voluntarily recalled. Saw the sign with my own eyes at Gander Mountain on Friday night.

Remington doesn't make Remington anymore, to be fair.

But how can you sell guns to dead people?

>this means something

mine's never gone off accidentally.

it's an older one though

>people have died from this

Rule 1, never point your gun at anyone you don't intend to kill

Retards

How do dead people vote?

/k/ here

its literally mechanically impossible for one of these rifles to fire "randomly", the mechanism can activate if its Jarred suddenly but that is it, and if you allow that to happen you are an absolute fucking Darwinian mistake because there is a safety mechanism to prevent it from ocurring in the first place or you have modified the original device past its tolerances or it is in such rusted disrepair that the almost half an inch thick steel mechanism has rusted through.

You can get a better bolt gun for less money from Ruger or Savage anyway.

rule 2
>dont talk about fight club

lively

Lets sell dead people guns so they can btfo the people that are voting under thw3ir name?

Let all of the Remington 700 owners kill themselves and the rest of the people won't buy them.

>when a stroller is recalled the company tells the government to go track down people who bought them and take them back by force

So, now that you read that out loud, how retarded do you feel?

If the muzzle of a chambered gun is pointed at anything that will result in injury you are literally retarded.

Especially a bolt action.

cbs46.com/story/24172684/family-files-lawsuit-against-gunmaker-to-save-lives-after-teen-fatally-shot

>pick up gun in living room
>misfire
>through the window
>across the street
>through the chest of one girl standing in the driveway
>into the heart of her cousin standing behind her

>storing your rifle with one in the chamber

>The 2nd amendment doesn't let the government recall guns like they would a stroller or a toy with lead in it.

Nope, not at all true.

redpill me on the remington 870

lamo who cares, full auto is gonna be legal soon, nobody wants your shitty fudd guns. call me back when they make full auto bolt guns!

>misfire while cleaning

Fake story.

Sounds good to me

werent most of these instances the result of the user adjusting their trigger outside of specs or was that some different gun like the savage axis?

Back 20 years ago I had one in 25-06. Wonderful gun. No problems because I am not retarded and don't handle my sporting rifles like an animal.

Traded it straight across for a mint-condition Ruger M77 in 270 Win. Because Elk season.

>How will the free market fix this?
nobody buys a remington 700

Ok we all know current Remingtons are shit, but what about Howa?

everybody into guns knows, the free market solution is dont buy one durrrr hurrrrr.

That the shotgun?
Don't buy the new versions no matter what. Remington has awful qc right now. Even the high grade wing version or whatever sucks.

Democrat

>The Remington 700 is defective and fires randomly without even pulling the trigger

The next level in automatic weapons. Based Remington!

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

>Cleaning a loaded weapon
Manslaughter charge at minimun

Looks like a commifornia gun

teen was larping and "pretending" to shoot her......shame he forgot that he leaves one in the chamber.

No part of the cleaning process involves loading a round in to the chamber.

>pistol grip
>commiefornia
m8

Good shotgun. Old versions are best.

Remington (and their subsidiary Marlin) are making absolute garbage right now. Buy a used one at the pawn shop. You won't regret it.

>buying new Remmys
neck you are self

It refutes your autistic passive aggressive "point," Agatha, so yes, it means quite a bit.

>RaHowa
G2G

Stupid fucking OP. The government can issue a voluntary recall for this, infact Remington did.

What they can't do is decide that suddenly every gun that doesn't have a manual safety or that has a barrel shroud on it can be recalled.

youtube.com/watch?v=cbTIkDQ93Tc

As far as I know that was a limited issue years ago. My Remington 700 SPS Tactical is the shit and so is my go to hunting shotgun Rem 870.

I will say I wasted a bunch of money sighting in my 870 only to find out they mounted the rail crooked as shit. Then when I complained they ignored me. I was highly disappointed. We've been a Remington family for generations.

This.

It's a pretty simple fix, too. You can take your 700 (I think it's a certain serial number range, as not every gun is defective) to a gun shop, they install a new trigger, charge Remington, and continue on with your day.

For all of the specops Navy SEAL white-tail deer you are going to shoot with it. You need that 10 rd box magazine to throw down suppressing fire.

FFS, just by a normal damn gun for hunting. You look like an asshole.

how recently did the production start losing quality? do we have any idea of a year range?

yes, shaving down the trigger sear.

It's a design defect, and is more prone to happen in very cold weather.

It's also model specific. Overall it's a very narrow issue that should be treated as such.

>We've been a Remington family for generations.

Sucks for you. Remarlin needs to get their shit together before I will buy from them again. It might be a long time.

Proper fun use dictates that you never point the firearm (loaded or unloaded) at something you would not be willing to destroy.

Following this rule, even defective firearms are very unlikely to hit an unintended target.

thanks holmes

Not an argument. There's nothing not "normal" about modern sporting rifles. Nobody cares about your leftist aesthetics.

>tfw bought an 870 a few weeks ago

Seems fine to me desu

remington guns are shit since freedom group bought them out. stop buying their guns

This. You have to be aiming the gun at yourself or someone else in order to have a problem. This is what retarded people do.

Oh, and niggers.

It's not an Ithaca Model 37.

Trade ins for a re-manufacture or the next model. Give people a slick gun deal for real.

>cleaning your neighbor's driveway

Too much old people buying Remington still.
I personally don't know a person under 40 with a modern 700.

I hope you slam fire it

>People have died from it.

Problem fixes itself. Duh.

Responsible gun owners know better than pointing a weapon at anything you don't want to shoot. This is only a problem if you're lazy or stupid.

>tfw you also have a remington made in the ~'50s, but it's chambered in fucking 300 SAVAGE.
Shit is $1.3 a round because it's fucking antiquated.

There is no problem with the 870 you dolt.

People will stop buying a product with known defects? Like in any other markets? I don't see what this has to do specifically with guns or governments.

Checked. Also, thanks for your service ;^)

Tactical stuff is ugly and shit.

They've been on about this for years. The real truth is the easily-adjusted trigger is usually fooled with by amateur gunsmiths at home and they back the sear engagement screw back too far for a real light pull.

I do.

You need bullets, I know guns.

Here's your free market!

xmprecall.remington.com/

what does slam firing mean?

I have 4 Remington 700 rifles in various calibers. They're just fine. No firearm can ever fire without you pulling the trigger.

This is a bait post. Saged and hidden.

It goes off when the bolt closes.

Sometimes with semi autos (Like Taurus pistols) this will fire off the whole mag in what is basically full-auto when you rack it.

Merican here in Straya, I own this rifle back home and this is complete bullshit. Cuck lib bait, fuck off.

Detachable box magazines are pretty handy when hunting, actually. I don't know how it works in the U.S., but in Norway we could have our hunting permit checked by a ranger without notice. In such an event, you are expected to unload your firearm, so that everyone is safe while the papers are checked.

With a box magazine, it's just that much easier, compared to the internal 4-5 round magazines with a latch underneath.

Surely this has nothing to do with the Seal Team Six deer we face out in the woods, mate.

and you can make it do that on purpose?

Buy savage you dumb faggot.

>People have died from it.

>Meaning people have flagged themselves or others with a rifle

>Pointing the gun at anything you're not willing to destroy

Sounds like a discipline problem more than anything senpai.

ur rifle is shit dude get over it

You hold the trigger down and as fast as you can rack it will fire. The newer ones don't do it anymore.

Is your issue with the free market or the 2A? I don't understand why the free market should fix issues of constitutional rights.

Seriously though, guys. Remington is trash in general. For a good intro type bolt action rifles seriously consider something like the mossberg 100ATR, mossberg patriot or a marlin.

Wut. There's been plenty of safety recalls involving guns before.

Cars kill people too. Wanna ban cars?

I know the story of that picture. It was the result of some idiot loading his own ammunition too lightly, resulting in the bullet not leaving the barrel on the first shot.

The idiot then proceeded to load another round and fire again. The result? The entire barrel "flowered" like you see there.

This would have happened to any rifle with an idiot using it.

Can't tell if bait or not.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qa0cNr2_fSE

youtube.com/watch?v=oS_GDpZM3ak

Not sure if you're trying to be an idiot or not.

Are you actually retarded? Or are you just trolling?