What church to join

For a lot of my life I've been very secular and nonreligious. I began reading bible and want to join a church. I'm not sure what kind though. BTW Catholics can screw off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FlndmCS3mCI
catholic-resources.org/John/Patristics-Baptism.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KIHqwCqO0uU&
youtube.com/watch?v=BCnk33CF50o&
youtube.com/watch?v=VN-1jUc963g&
youtube.com/watch?v=CeyajxMS8Jo&
youtube.com/watch?v=C6wZLHgQmpw&
youtube.com/watch?v=hZBb5gypa2k&list=PLo5QtZ1bPyYbLdyw2AnVKX9tm-b2YJFhQ
catholic.com/tract/papal-infallibility
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You cant just join a church; you're born into it. You'll never be seen more then just a convert.

Become a confessional Lutheran.

You should watch this Pastor's videos. He's redpilled af.
youtube.com/watch?v=FlndmCS3mCI

All churches are subverted.

Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Anything else is watered down Christianity.

museum of kek

Find a church that is basically nondenominational. One that doesn't believe in any weird, extrabiblical shit. The most important criteria is that they focus on the Bible.

I think I'm technically Southern Baptist, but honestly I just consider myself Christian.

You read the New Testament and came away with that?

All humans are subverted, some churches are less human than others

How do you claim to focus on the bible yet call yourself a baptist? There's absolutely no biblical justification for not baptizing infants.

Accepting Christ is a personal choice.

You can not make that choice for your child.

This.

Synergists gtfo

How exactly does it make sense that God predestines some for salvation, but none for damnation?

That would not only mean that God is biased, but also that some people do not have free will.

You are the church.

Join a Christian Identity Church purchase firearms then train to be an efficient soldier that is if your white if your not kys

Baptizing infants? Like as a ritual? There's no Biblical justification for doing things just to do them. Baptism is supposed to mean something, not just something that everybody does.

andrewcarringtonhitchcock.com

That URL is my Church. It's an ultra red-pilled radio show. Medicine for the christian soul.

Lutheran senpai

It's what scripture teaches. I don't pretend to understand God, just confess what He has revealed to us.

O R T H O D O X Y

I've been at a few different denominations in my life, including Lutheran, Catholic, Mennonite, and Congregationalist. And I've visited many more, like Anglican, United, etc. The best one, in that the people are actual believers (and thus right-wing) has been an evangelical congregation. (On the downside, I don't agree with everything, e.g. most of them think the earth is young, but that's pretty minor compared to actually moral people who really believe in God.) 2nd place was Mennonite.

>You cant just join a church; you're born into it. You'll never be seen more then just a convert.

>You cant just join a church; you're born into it. You'll never be seen more then just a convert.
100% false. My wife and I have never had that experience, even at the most cucked churches.

Why are you joining? if youre joining for social reasons than be a Mormon.

If youre joining for spiritual reasons Lutheran or Calvinist. But in that vein Catholicism isnt worth swearing off totally.

Dont just go to church. Read theological texts

Being baptized is a showing that a person understands what happened to Christ, and what He did for us.

It symbolizes us dying to our old selves, being buried with Christ, and rising again with Him as a regenerated person.

Obviously an infant does not understand these things.

I would also argue that baptism is not actually required to be saved.

The scripture that Catholics use as proof that baptism is necessary is John 3:5 where Jesus says that unless a man is born of water and of Spirit, he can not see the Kingdom of God.

What is often ignored is the verses immediately before this one where Jesus says unless a man be born again he can not see the Kingdom of God. This confuses Nicodemus and he asks Jesus how it is possible for a grown man to be born again.

Jesus' answer, being born of water and Spirit, means being born once from the womb (water), and then accepting Christ as Lord and Savior (spirit).

Being born from water does not mean being baptized.

It means being born from the womb.

To say that you have to be baptized AND be born of Spirit would be to say that you have to be born again, twice.

>Being baptized is a showing that a person understands what happened to Christ
Book, chapter, verse please

>It symbolizes us dying to our old selves, being buried with Christ, and rising again with Him as a regenerated person.
Moreover, it actually does those things. Col 2:6-15, Rom 6:4

>Obviously an infant does not understand these things.
Salvation does not depend on our "understanding". It depends on faith, which his a gift from God not an act of our will. And this is a good thing! No one truly understands the Mysteries of God—we are all spiritual infants.

Acts has references to entire households being baptized (which would include infants). Baptism is also the new circumcision—who was circumcised in the old covenant?

>John 3:5 etc.
Exegetical gymnastics. Throw away your egocentric decision theology and the meaning of the text is clear: a reference to Baptism, as understood since the early days of the Church. Jesus says being born again is being born of "water and the Spirit".

It's even more obvious when you take all the other verses about baptism in account which clearly shows that it is efficacious, like the ones I referenced above or 1 Pet 3:21

also,
>inb4 muh baptism of water and baptism of the Holy Spirit are different!
A distinction the Bible never makes, which is only necessary because of your extra-biblical traditions of men. Baptism means Baptism. Is means is.

Read the early church fathers and learn what they thought was church doctrine

I'm undecided on the matter, but it seems to me that it sounds like there are two kinds. Baptism is just the word used for a dipping or washing. John the baptist baptizes with water (what we now do in the ritual), but Jesus baptizes with fire and the holy spirit. Which sounds to me like a purifying cleansing via God's holy spirit.

I could be wrong, but that's how it sounds to me from actually reading the Bible.

>Salvation does not depend on our "understanding". It depends on faith
Which, again, an infant obviously does not have.

>the meaning of the text is clear
Yes, it is.

The distinction is made in the very next verse.

John 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

It's very obvious that he is comparing being born of water to being born of flesh and the separating that from being of Spirit.

Church fathers would disagree with you

Don't fall for the cultist indoctrination. Baptizing into a church doesn't make you closer to anything spiritual, but ties your psyche to the cult's ergregore, like a covenant.

To say that we must do something in addition to accepting Christ (being born of the Spirit) would be to say that Christ's sacrifice was not enough for our salvation.

>it was

shh, niggers don't know

This user gets it.

Verse?

>pic
Oh, I wish.

John 3:16

John 3:5

Look, the only real answer for you is that you should be looking to see what fits for your needs.

Do some research and check things out. The rest are just opinions and you don't need handholding. Good luck and God bless user

the last one i got was uk invades canada, so net positive!

And as I have said,

Believing in the Son of God = Being born of Spirit.

Being born of water = Being born from the womb.

If what I am saying is true, there is not a contradiction.

If what you say is true, that we need to be baptized to be saved, then there is a contradiction between John 3:5 and John 3:16.

>you should be looking to see what fits for your needs
*what is true

Look into Presbyterians. Been one since I was twelve and the church has really helped me along as a person. Stay away from Baptists and non-denominationals, they're batshit.

catholic-resources.org/John/Patristics-Baptism.html

If you read the scriptures without understanding tradition, yes we would have a problem, that's why Jesus instituted the apostles and later the episcopate to interpret scripture

LDS has plenty of pretty and good looking girls

Orthodox.
All others are heretics and should feel bad for it.

>Baptizing infants? Like as a ritual? There's no Biblical justification for doing things just to do them. Baptism is supposed to mean something, not just something that everybody does.

Protestantism was a mistake.

So is the papacy the only serious difference between the Vatican and the patriarchs

>Baptizing infants? Like as a ritual? There's no Biblical justification for doing things just to do them.
>Denying the original sin

seenot the pic the statement, do you wanna risk us ever becoming a patriarchate? I don't.

I'm a recovering Protestant

There are a couple theological differences, but Catholics and Orthodox do not consider each other heretics as far as I know.

>traditions
Catholicism is the Christian equivalent of the Pharisees.

Did you even read what I said?

Compare for yourself John 3:5 with John 3:16.

If we have to be baptized in water in order for us to be saved, then John 3:16 is false.

However, if being born of water is the same thing as being born of flesh, as Jesus Himself explains in 3:6, then there is no contradiction.

none of them. all mainstream religions are at their purest form almost as radical and scummy as islam. their religious doctrines and official holy books all prove this, and anyone trying to twist the messages within is a heretic and a liar, misrepresenting the cult and trying to infect it with secularism in a desperate bid to convince themselves and everyone else that the god they worship isn't an absolute piece of shit not fit to be acknowledged.

you are better off speaking to/worshipping whatever god you naturally believe in, alone, without the parasitic influence of others around you.

Orthodox, find one that like Alexander Dugin.

Protestants are beta cucks, it is fucking sickening.

Every single Church claims they just follow the Bible. Here's what you need to do. Know the Bible for yourself. Don't just blindly follow along with any pastor. Be the good you want to see in whatever church you join, because they all have something they are doing wrong. And if your personal relationship with God is only by-proxy through your church, those little issues will bleed you dry if given enough time. In Revelation, all the major Church's that Jesus wrote to had something wrong with them. Don't look for perfect; be the perfect.
This is the realist advise I can give you.

why should i be a lutheran?

Tradition is just as important as the bible, which was compiled according to tradition. Especially when that bible is written in English.

No it's not, your just interpreting it wrong like it or not there is an apostolic oral tradition dating all the way back to interpret scripture. Read the seven letters of ignatious and clement to the Corinthians, both studied under the apostles and were bishops of the church

Read what they say of papal authority, the Eucharist, and baptism

There are other theological differences, the main one being that Catholics added "filioque" to the creed, for example.
The division happened mostly for secular reasons, though, theological differences evolved over time and were just used as an excuse for the Pope and the Patriarch of Constantinople to excommunicate each other.

>Tradition is just as important as the bible
And that is where you're wrong.

That is exactly what the Pharisees said about their traditions.

That is what made Christ so angry with them.

Hard Mode

Mormonism
Amish
Mennonite
Heritage

Normal Mode

Lutheran
Traditional Protestant

Easy Mode
Jew
Islam

If youre a Mormon or conservative Protestant, you can do no right.

If youre a Muzzie or Kike, you can do no wrong.

However, if you choose easy mode be prepared for Hard mode Americans to view you as a Quebecan.

So we could make amends

There's only one Christian Church, a Church that's founded by Christ. Protestants and other heretics follow their heresiarchs, not Christ. They are not Christian.

If there is no orthodox church in your area then being Roman Catholic is a good alternative. Roman Catholics are still Christian even if schismatic.

The one and only path to heaven, all others will burn in everlasting fire and torment as punishment for their heresy:

Unitarian Universalist Church.

Christ gave His authority to his disciples, not to books. The Church is not some institution that stands between man and Christ, the Church is Christ, His mystical body and his bride. Our Lord granted His Church authority to forgive sin and to do good in His name.

I bet you don't even know any prayers, to say nothing of church-going.
90% of our """orthodox christians""" are like that.
Not sure if that's the case for serbia, but wouldn't be surprised.

Christianity doesn't make sense, a triune god doesn't make sense.

Christianity = Judaism+ paganism

Just look at all the gnostic books they buried and you will realise that either the holy spirit was high as fuck or most of this shit is man made.

lol, i got that joke.

If you don't want to spend eternity in the presence of God, he isn't gonna force you,

Possibly, though the Christian reunification movement today is essentially Globalism: Church Edition, so we should steer clear of it for the time being.

Professional tip: Christ didn't write the Bible. Some orthodox (read: catholic) bishops wrote it. If you deny that orthodox bishops are guided by the Holy Spirit then you deny the Bible.

I think church nationalism is good, i.e. Epistles were written to specific churches, I don't think that would violate papal authority

Actually, they just compiled it.

They did not write it.

They're also insane.

Catholic. A lifetime of learning and history to go along with it.

Single best reason? Your children will hear the same message no matter where they are in the world.

Don't like Catholicism? Then no Western faith will make you happy. You can't be Hindu or Shinto or Buddhist no matter how hard you try. Figure out what it is you don't about Catholicism and then into Protestantism and then find your way.

If you cannot into that then go be a fucking Muslim because that's all you're really angling toward anyways.

If you don't get that Jesus loves you then no amount of teh chan is going to help you.

It's the same in Serbia, our churches don't really force people to go and nobody really cares.
I know a few prayers, though, since we have the slava holiday I picked up the prayers from the services for that.

What does the Orthodox Church think of Saint Peter

I hear the man likely to be the next Pope is more conservative politically, maybe he'll be able to make good progress. I'll die a happy man if I live to see our churches unified again.

I go to a small town Southern Baptist church. I don't consider myself Baptist because I believe in infant baptism. Most nondenominational churches around here give off a Joel Olsteen vibe, so I have stayed here because there are some who share similar beliefs with me and we like to talk theology.

> I can't understand any of it but I'll reduce it to simplistic formulas anyways
Professional-quality troll, ya cunt.

Papal infallibility does it only apply to doctrine?

You speak the truth.

So often we lose ourselves in theology that we forget Christ's main message.

To love God above all, and to love our neighbors as ourselves.

Why are you asking here? Go to

>Actually, they just compiled it.
>They did not write it.
Really? Then who do you think wrote the Bible? Do you think it fell out of a burning bush like Mormon and Muslim idiots do?

>to say nothing of church-going.
Only heretic idiots "attend church". The point of church is the sacraments, not listening to some """pastor""" bloviate about refugees.

I actually don't know much about the specifics of infallibility. All I know is that the Pope must be speaking "ex cathedra" for it to be valid. I think its mostly used as a kind of veto during councils and stuff but idk.

Honestly just find one that centers around the Bible and suits you. Look up the differences between the different denominations and find a church whose practices you agree with and with people that you like. Don't force yourself into it, churchgoing should be a thing you want to do, not a thing you HAVE to do.
God bless, I hope you find a good church that suits your needs.

Why should understanding god take mental gymnastics?

If you are honest with yourself, you will see that the Christian God is not the God of Abraham or the prophets but a corruption created to appease, this appeasement never really stopped which is why you now have homosexual and women ministers in some Churches and why every time you ask a priest a question you get some bullshit answer that fails to satisfy.

So like pope clement in his letter to the church in Corinth, I'm guessing he would be infallible in rebuking the church, but could be wrong in the sense that he used the pheonix as a real example

Yes, that is true. Being a "christian" means unconditionally accepting the words, decisions and scriptures of the so called "church fathers", as well as the rituals they established.
>sacraments
Well, church attenders do engage in various rituals like eucharist, don't they?

The Catholic Church has neither female clergy nor homosexual marriage

Torah
Observant
Followers
Of
Yeshua
youtube.com/watch?v=KIHqwCqO0uU&

youtube.com/watch?v=BCnk33CF50o&

I can't help you with that. Maybe someone on Catholic Answers can explain it regarding that context.

Probably

First you need to know WHO YOU ARE:

youtube.com/watch?v=VN-1jUc963g&

youtube.com/watch?v=CeyajxMS8Jo&

youtube.com/watch?v=C6wZLHgQmpw&

youtube.com/watch?v=hZBb5gypa2k&list=PLo5QtZ1bPyYbLdyw2AnVKX9tm-b2YJFhQ

catholic.com/tract/papal-infallibility

>Which, again, an infant obviously does not have.
You're absolutely wrong. What do you have that an infant doesn't that makes you able to have faith? Nothing. Faith is always by the Grace of God, and you have no more to offer God than an infant to merit faith. Salvation is completely unmerited and not dependent on any ability or faculty you posses. You've turned faith into a work. An infant receives faith in Baptism. How can infants possibly be saved in your heretical worldview? They are in need of salvation (Psalm 51:5)

>That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
>It's very obvious that he is comparing being born of water to being born of flesh and the separating that from being of Spirit.
No, Jesus is contrasting Nicodemus's false understanding ("Can [a man] enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?") with what He was actually talking about (being born of water and the Spirit)

>John the baptist baptizes with water (what we now do in the ritual), but Jesus baptizes with fire and the holy spirit. Which sounds to me like a purifying cleansing via God's holy spirit.
Exactly, the Baptism that Jesus institutes is of the Holy Spirit. This is however not separate from water baptism, as baptism literally means washing with water.

In the passage you describe, most Protestant English Bible translations try to write this "water baptism"/"baptism of the Holy Spirit" distinction in. For Example, Mark 1:8 in the ESV reads, "I have baptized you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit", which might imply that there is a distinction between the symbol of water baptism and the salvation of spiritual baptism. However, the Greek word translated as "but" here means something more like "moreover". Thus the Baptism Jesus established is of water and "moreover" of the Holy Spirit.

I thought pope Francis was looking into things like that for women, or at least finding a place for them to serve. I am a former Catholic, but I keep up with the church and watch Christmas mass. I have nothing against Catholicism it just wasn't for me. I am not a big fan of the pope being considered 'progressive' since I don't believe women should serve in important spots like that. I believe homosexuality is a sin, but I'm not sure how I feel about gay celibacy.