/odg/ Oroville Dam General - It's Only Just Begun Edition

>What happened so far
- Main spillway got damaged - because of no maintaining - because Cali thought that they will never have that much water again - because of Muh Climate Change. And they needed the money for illegals.
- They closed the main spillway to inspect the damage
- Because of the closed main spillway, water went over the emergency spillway
- Emergency spillway was in even worse condition and it got BTFO pretty bad
- They opened the main spillway again, so that water doesn't go over the emergency spillway any longer
- Main spillway gets slowly BTFO and half of it is gone. But it is stable at the moment.
- They try to "repair" the emergency spillway because if rain hits hard, water will go over it again (even if they keep the main spillway open) and would rek the dam

> Be careful! There is plenty of old footage marked as livestream!

> Hourly Waterlevel
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO
>Current stream
youtube.com/watch?v=z8PvcfA13P4
>Scanner
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/24979
> Bubbles near emergency spillway!
youtu.be/EqEU2X6yBPk?t=31s
> Pictures
pixel-ca-dwr.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000OxvlgXg3yfg/G00003YCcmDTx48Y/Oroville-Spillway-Damage
> Webcam from the wrong side
parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411
> NoFly-Zone
tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_7_3920.html
> RainRadar
accuweather.com/en/us/oroville-ca/95965/weather-radar/331994
> Reservoir Condition
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
> Wind Map
windytv.com/?39.535,-121.469,12,anCziIF
> Latest Seismograph
earthquake.usgs.gov/monitoring/helicorders/nca/112/latest/
>2013 Damage
sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/02/10/maintenance-records-show-oroville-dam-spillway-previously-patched/
>All reservoir levels
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
>Simulations of flooding
websites.pmc.ucsc.edu/~ward/
Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/137PgSYQtNfLWfEIOTImzeGKgTzVY_awWfzv1pSyZmxE/pubchart?oid=689182184&format=interactive
youtube.com/watch?v=guG9cVs3ms4
youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX2Xn7tI
pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=nam3km&p=qpf_acc&rh=2017022000&fh=loop&r=us_sw&dpdt=#
radar.weather.gov/radar_lite.php?rid=bbx&product=NTP&loop=yes
youtube.com/watch?v=aqDglNO8KC8
youtube.com/watch?v=neGdoqsuiN8
youtube.com/watch?v=MoIod-dqQoE
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryGroup?ORR&d=20-Feb-2017 23:00&span=23hours
timeanddate.com/sun/usa/oroville
youtube.com/watch?v=u02tycroA30
youtube.com/watch?v=bWEWVw7TGk4
youtube.com/watch?v=Gcm-tOGiva0
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryGroup?ORR&d=20-Feb-2017 04:38&span=25hours
youtube.com/watch?v=AKs_-Burkgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Inflow is down to 28k, happening cancelled

Fucking finally!!

I want to know how inflow is defined here.

they're fucking with the numbers

guaranteed

go away DIDF, the rain is coming

It's never going to happen

Get over it

Inflow's been going up and down and we still have a full week of rain ahead of us

Witnessed & Agreed

Fuck off cunt it's not happening. We should go to beddy byes.

"and they needed money for illegals." way to pathetically try to attach unrelated shit to this. also, you're a clearly a fuck-up

supposed dam contractor guy claimed it was inflow through the gates upstream which did not include rain falling on the lake itself or on its shores or areas that drain directly into the lake

Does this mean we will see huge inflow when the rain gets heavy up the river in an hour or so?

>be on the outskirts of sac
>internet community rooting for my destruction of my real community

feels weird man

hola seƱor Escobedo

he was larping bro

Assuming he wasn't a faggot, maybe

but then again, who isn't?

You should feel honoured, you are being sacrificed in order to cripple cali's economy and water supply. You are truly an american hero, embrace it.

Hope you bought floaties commie

The inflow measurement fluctuates ~20k down and back every ~8 hours, so you can't accurately judge whether the new reading at any given hour is high or low without examining what part of that cycle it's in.

See chart
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/137PgSYQtNfLWfEIOTImzeGKgTzVY_awWfzv1pSyZmxE/pubchart?oid=689182184&format=interactive

>>What happened so far
nothing

If the dam breaks, the state of Jefferson is assured.

"I was a dam builder
Across the river deep and wide
Where steel and water did collide
A place called Boulder on the wild Colorado
I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below
They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound
But I am still around
I'll always be around, and around and around and around and around..."

Is this man kek?

the inflow is an 'inferred' measurement, which means it is 'calculated' based on other measurements, and assumptions in the CDEC model.

It is not 'rely upon' information. The 'trend' is more useful than the hourly published data.

Digits for Rain-chan

DESU the real happening is all the rivers downstream that are already swollen with the water they've been releasing. The Rain is just starting to really pick-up now and that shits gonna flood out over some levees and shit

His name was Cali user....His name was Cali user....

34 men died during the construction of the oroville dam, could their spirits be looking out over us?

So what's the end goal? Hope the dam just spills over and the water to erode the dirt part of the dam? The spillway to burst?

If we're playing that game I wonder what kind of shenanigans the World Cup in Qatar will amuse us with

Peter Fonda and Snake Plisken surf the wave that destroys the town.

May you rest in american portion sized pieces Cali user.

youtube.com/watch?v=guG9cVs3ms4

We just want to see bloated American corpses floating in the Pacific. Nothing personal man.

Some say that the end is near
Some say that we'll see armageddon soon
Certainly hope we will

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX2Xn7tI

Kek is on our side.
Might not be soon, but cali will flood.

I hope you and your loved ones stay safe user. Chalk this all up to morbid curiousity. How often do we get to see a chance to see a massive dam collapse?

10" of rain in 48 hours...

Check it --->

pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=nam3km&p=qpf_acc&rh=2017022000&fh=loop&r=us_sw&dpdt=#

What is the best song that honors the republicans who will loose their lives in order to cripple California? Also what should we refer to these hero anons as?

Morbid curiosity is definitively what drives me.

Too bad there's probably not going to be live coverage when the Mosul Dam crumbles, that's the other massive dam pushed to the breaking point.

go out and hold a water welcome-sign

Embrace the waters diversity brother. Kek wills it. Tolerance and proggerssive will make you a real human bean.

Including the 1.5" since the start of the storm, beginning a couple of hours ago...

radar.weather.gov/radar_lite.php?rid=bbx&product=NTP&loop=yes

hah, found this photo on funeral photo (was looking to make republican memorial post).

Thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=aqDglNO8KC8

youtube.com/watch?v=neGdoqsuiN8

>28k

Kek, I've never asked for much but please let it rain.

If you are a girl you can stay at my place

We don't have dams here

Has anything actually changed since the emergency spillway was first used? Any significant spillway erosion? There was meant to be a week of heavy rain but it seems pretty dead now.

loves me some tool.

check again mate.

Hey guys, I some contract work with the organizations that are overseeing the Oroville situation currently, and I'll clear up some of the confusion you may be having regarding the hourly tabular data.

"RES ELE" is the waterline above sea level. This is measured at a sensor near the main spillway inlet.

"STORAGE" is the amount of water in Acre-feet in the reservoir. This isn't directly sensed, but is calculated based off of the previous elevation measurement.

"OUTFLOW" tracks the movement rate of water ONLY through the main spillway gates. It doesn't take into account water lost through any other mechanism (emergency spillway, seepage, or through the power plant).

"INFLOW" is the amount of water that feeds into the reservoir upstream. This number doesn't necessarily correlate with any precipitation because it doesn't track water that falls directly into the lake or the catchment area south of the inlets.

"RIV REL" is the total amount of water released through the combination of the main spillway and water diverted through the generators. This number wouldn't include any water lost via the emergency spillway or any other route.

"RAIN" is the YTD precipitation.

"BAT VOL" is the output voltage of the battery backup for the sensor suite. Why is this important? Voltage variance in the system cause instrumental drift in the measurements. Voltage data serves as a correction factor for these measurements.

I can't provide any pictures because we are not allowed to have phones or photography equipment on-site. I will say that we don't expect the emergency spillway to be used in the foreseeable future based on current forecasts, BUT we don't know how much longer we will be able to use the main spillway.

The big concern right now is that the support of the main spillway could erode all the way up to the gates. If this happens, it's a full-blown disaster because the reservoir could become permanently breached. But, it's holding for now.

inflows back up to 31k

Damn, thanks for the clarification on the battery. I was so confused by that.

>"RAIN" is the YTD precipitation.

And watis YTD then? Is it from all the lake drainage basin or only ORO rain gauge?

Is there not a single live stream of the dam?

From the front I mean, where we can actually see shit go down??

I live in within 40 mins from oroville and its raining fucking hard if that inflow doesn't spike soon then theyre fucking with the numbers

not much to see from the front anyways, its too dark and too far away. Maybe tommorow.

youtube.com/watch?v=MoIod-dqQoE

Then you probably live in a shithole packed with abos mate, sorry

about 2 hours to sunrise

That's from an earlier thread. I question the claims about the impact of battery voltage because as an electronics guy that makes absolutely no sense at all. You'd have a voltage regulator because a lead-acid battery could be realistically anywhere from about 10.5V when it's dead, to maybe as much as 14.4V if that's what it was designed for, to maybe 13.8V or in this case 13.4V if you're just float charging in a safe range.

But that's what the guy said and it seemed like he knew what he was talking about with the rest of the figures.

really?

>cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO

Date / Time RES ELE STORAGE OUTFLOW INFLOW RIV REL RAIN BAT VOL
(PST) FEET AF CFS CFS CFS INCHES VOLTS
02/19/2017 17:00 851.22 2824748 59872 32191 64274 37.48 13.4
02/19/2017 18:00 851.17 2824075 59958 47756 64113 37.52 13.4
02/19/2017 19:00 851.02 2822056 59797 43635 64191 37.56 13.4
02/19/2017 20:00 850.74 2818288 59943 23509 64398 37.60 13.4
02/19/2017 21:00 850.60 2816406 59791 25997 64152 37.60 13.4
02/19/2017 22:00 850.46 2814526 59956 38159 64336 37.60 13.4
02/19/2017 23:00 850.24 2811571 59891 30834 64325 37.64 13.4
02/20/2017 00:00 850.15 2810364 59917 34066 64575 37.64 13.4
02/20/2017 01:00 850.08 2809424 59956 47201 64453 37.84 13.4
02/20/2017 02:00 849.97 2807948 59818 44761 64520 38.12 13.4
02/20/2017 03:00 849.70 2804329 59483 28062 64892 38.36 13.4
02/20/2017 04:00 849.60 2802989 59912 31236 64630 38.44 13.4

>Dropped 2 feet since the storm.

tl;dr

ITS NOT HAPPENING

Give or take. It was pretty light out already about a half our back and I'm 2.5 to 3 hrs time zone distance from Oroville.

YTD means Year To Date.

So how much rain there has been over the last year.

Thanks, that was my educated guess on outflow/inflow. I hadn't realised RIV REL was that though, I'll switch to that instead of OUTFLOW for my chart.

RAIN is the YTD precipitation but only at lake Oroville. See this sensor suite if you want most of the upstream areas:
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryGroup?ORR&d=20-Feb-2017 23:00&span=23hours

timeanddate.com/sun/usa/oroville
2.5 hours approx

I dont know why but all this dam talk gets me into an 80's mood.

youtube.com/watch?v=u02tycroA30

Is it gonna go
>Over the Top
of the emergency spill way yet?

> because of no maintaining
Because of dam being defective by design.
youtube.com/watch?v=bWEWVw7TGk4

Ground is moisturized in Orville dam up to 1 mile away!
That`s insane.

They should cover the territory in plastic (with ventilation holes) on the dry side and drop dry concrete mixture on the shore.

So has anything happened? I've noticed that it's now 50 feet below capacity.

Or this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gcm-tOGiva0

That's correct. According to the NOAA maps the ground in the area feeding the dam is already moist, meaning that the water will travel more quickly into the lake and and not be absorbed as much into the ground.

check the weather, cant keep outflow at that rate forever.

Precipitation is on the uptick now.
It's basically gonna be down to whether they've lowered the water in the reservoir enough to withstand the upcoming rain. They're not gonna be able to increase outflow much without flooding areas downstream, and they're also worried about erosion on the main spillway creeping up towards the flood gates.

Their goal was 850ft, but they'd intended to reach it much sooner, and forecast predictions have changed a lot since they set it.

It's not happening.

Sorry to spoil your wet dream, cucks.

mfw, you're probably some dumb liberal who bought tons of cheap land around the dam, but are now having second thoughts.

But the power plant isnt on. Is it?

Yeah it's 4:40 am here and the rain is pouring. I might have new lakefront property soon

>cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryGroup?ORR&d=20-Feb-2017 23:00&span=23hours

Point is that weve got trouble with this sensors, britbro.

THEY CHANGE THEIR NUMBERS THERE in an hour after placing first ones (id est -- in TWO hrs after described time moment)

That means, DATA ON YOUR CHART IS FALSE. Have a look at last 'Percipitation' strip there on your chart -- 2.00 today, and than at their new data for 2:00 today time moment by this link :
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryGroup?ORR&d=20-Feb-2017 04:38&span=25hours

It increased, you shulld inceace your strip and number on chart.

And afternoon greetings to you, as our Thread Comp Math Team.

That is about 0.27 inches

I have seen this exact same comment and name in these threads. Get the fuck out bot

>Then you probably live in a shithole packed with abos mate, sorry
yes, we can see that from his flag

>That is about 0.27 inches

I mean, for 2:00 today. I mean as for my arithmetics.

And previous point - 01:00 sensor number is also "falsificated". I mean post-corrected lol ok

Need some more hype music, preferably from Vice City.

you might have new lakebottom property soon after that

Same dude said
>The power plant itself is inactive, but up to 15k CFS can still be diverted through it

An extra 15k is scraping the barrel. Last outflow chart I saw had it all the way down to 60k. So if this dude knows they have an extra 15k if they divert it through the power generation section, then my guess is they're seriously worried about how much outflow they can maintain without the hill getting btfo.

Oh yeah, I'd noticed some of the earlier numbers update occasionally when I hit F5.

I guess that's what it means when it says "Warning! This data is preliminary and subject to revision.".

I'll go back through the last couple of days and fix it and try not to forget in future.

>oroville
>liberal

don't speak, when you have no idea what you're talking about, you powerbottom

How's your burnt house twink boy?

they're probably minimizing the flow through the spillway because every meter of damage is a meter they have to rebuild
also because the damm will fall over

they expect one of us in the water brother

They're still pouring water through it. You can just subtract 'OUTFLOW' from 'RIV REL' and get the amount they're releasing.

If they can put 15k through the generators it makes me wonder why they wouldn't do that immediately.

Maybe they need to get something set up or maybe it risks the damaging the turbines in some fashion?

None of this still explains the inconsitency of the inflow.

Happening called off, right? Dam Level is too low now?

Is it that hard to digest facts? kek
Denialism is a mental sickness, you know.

imagine their surprise when they find all of us in it

youtube.com/watch?v=AKs_-Burkgo

Inflow numbers don't include what rolls off the hills into the lake IIRC.