Why is the Air Force so shitty right now?

Why is the Air Force so shitty right now?

Obama and all the other leftists...
they hate america

What happened? I was an AF ved, and yeah, it was pretty pozzed back in the day, did it get worse?

>Corporate structure overha
>cuts thousands of jobs/reenlistments, now undermanned and trying to make up for massive personnel shortage
>rank-worshipping and stripe chasing above all else
>Basic training 7.5 weeks of fun
>grads getting hauled off to MX or SF because of shortages
>"Wingman Concept", Ethos and Airman's Creed rather than focusing and enforcing the simple Core Values that are more relevant than any bullshit some CMSAF came up with
>Lack of effort from a lot of supervisors unless it involves giving the succ to higher ups
>Politics

>overha
Overhaul**

The Air Force is pretty much useless now. We have the Navy / Marines / Army for defense and NASA for innovation.

>chair force

Lefties and political correctness. Also the lackland rape scandal was handled incorrectly and basic trainees have shit discipline and lack of respect for the rank structure

>>Corporate structure overha
>>cuts thousands of jobs/reenlistments, now undermanned and trying to make up for massive personnel shortage
>>rank-worshipping and stripe chasing above all else

I got out in 2005. But yeah, I remember this shit too. I don't know what it is about our branch, but they can't manage personnel for shit. Everyone squadron is short.

>>grads getting hauled off to MX or SF because of shortages

Are those people signing up for open general? I always tell people to never sign up for that, it's a con.

>>"Wingman Concept", Ethos and Airman's Creed rather than focusing and enforcing the simple Core Values that are more relevant than any bullshit some CMSAF came up with

Reminds me of when some asshole general changed our basic threatcon definitions to "Force Protection Conditions". This is the type of shit that pissed me off too. There's no sense of tradition, it's a pissing contest to earn EPR/OPR bullets for dumb shit.

>>Lack of effort from a lot of supervisors unless it involves giving the succ to higher ups

I used to see that a lot too. I remember back office gave me shit for one of my troops failing his first CDC exam. I personally tutored him for a week straight, and he was passing his practice tests with nearly perfect scores. After I put it back on the admin NCOs, they fucking dragged their ass in getting the test ordered. The trooper in question was a lazy fucker, but it pissed me off how other NCOs were hypocritical, and the flight-level ones never stuck up for their airmen.

There's still stuff like AFSOC and EOD but the washout rate is atrocious. Majority of them get sent to Sheppard to become shitty C-130 maintainers or get discharged.

>Also the lackland rape scandal was handled incorrectly and basic trainees have shit discipline and lack of respect for the rank structure

I started noticing this after 9/11. The Air Force took in swathes of Airmen that had disciplinary and financial issues (most were women). They went HAM with quantity over quality.

Hoo-rah!

no f35

>implying the military will ever be good so long as women are allowed to enlist.

I completely agree, user. Most of them are just drama queens that slow people down in the field.

It all starts from the very bottom. No major discipline is ever instilled. The worst non-separation thing you can get is get BMT "paperwork". PT can't even be used as a disciplinary tool unless you're under a year in as an instructor. SSGTs aren't allowed to be MTIs for some odd reason.

Troops come out of basic without much change, other than a false sense of entitlement. Then you get a week after grad at fucking capstone/"Airman's Week" where you sit around a kumbaya circle and talk about morality and feelings with some civilian contractor.

>SSGTs aren't allowed to be MTIs for some odd reason.

When did this start?

Majority of the women go for services jobs anyways. Why do an actual job for your country when you can punch numbers and print papers for that sweet GI Bill and get paid like everyone else?

>go to air force subreddit
>see this

This past year. They're trying to weed out the more "experienced" NCOs but seem to be basing it by rank rather than performance. Could still be open for cadres though.

I've always wanted to join the Air Force and go something within Special Operations or EOD but might chose the Marines instead. Is it really that bad? I mean I don't want to get killed because of incompetent leadership or is the bullshit less prevalent in special operations field?

I feel ya brother. Left the AF for good in '14.

The problems you've outlined are particularly bad in the Intel world, especially among those that aren't 1N's or 9S's.

>I don't want to get killed because of incompetent leadership or is the bullshit less prevalent in special operations field?

You're going to run into that no matter which branch.

Just make sure you knuckle down and study hard in Tech school. Ignore the sluts.

Pretty sure you don't even go to tech school for anything in special operations right?

And of course theres incompetence everywhere but I mean is there more bullshit or bureaucracy in spec ops instead of other fields?

Current 1A8X1 here
Doesn't seem too shitty
We're too understaffed to worry about chasing bullets too much
Lots of problem solving which is fun
Maybe you guys should have taken a tough job...

It's not known as the chair force for no reason.

Same things seem to be happening to all branches. Navy was pretty cucked before I got out

>in response to an airmen riding in a shopping cart on base

Because war criminal Obama persecuted the Christians out of the service(s). Filled with neoliberal atheists who had no issues committing war crimes and obeying illegal orders, the USAF got really good at fratricide and droning wedding parties. The Obama years were the years of war crimes made possible only by the actions of war criminal commanders and stooges.

This is why I used to encourage troops to visit outdoor rec as much as possible to get off the base during their free time.

>worrying about your morality.
The military is not right for you, I see why you want to go airforce.