IT'S NOT REALLY HAPPENING

Good morning Sup Forums.

Thread from last night:
This happened last night just a few minutes from my house, here's an official local news article about it (sorry, too lazy to pastebin that shit because it's in German, I'll explain what happened)
rp-online.de/nrw/staedte/duisburg/dichter-qualm-ueber-dem-historischen-gut-boeckum-aid-1.6623369

To disappoint you right away, it was not a terror attack of any sorts and I confused the sirens from fire department with ambulances, so I went to look near the hospital and didn't see shit.

> old stable belonging to a little medieval castle burned down
> police say they have no idea how the fire started
> fire dept says they don't know yet if any toxic fumes were released (the building probably has lots of asbestos in it, though)

Now the thing about this building complex is, it got bought by a scumbag investor group from Berlin some years ago who were going to tear it down but from what I heard they are negotiating with our city about the terms since the building sits in a water protection area... So yeah, the dots are not really hard to connect.

Still a minor local happening since now there's tons of rubble, most probably toxic, and a hurrican is going to hit us tomorrow. Could be "fun" (well not really, I live right next to that thing).

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haus_Böckum
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gratz OP no need to worry.

I would have guessed it was refugees burning things down. Does Duisburg have a refugee center?

>Posts it's not really happening on Sup Forums
Does that mean it's happening?

pizzagate evidence. expect more of these

I could walk there and take some photos of the aftermath, if anybody is interested. But I kinda suspect they will have secured the perimeter somehow, since the bulding is suspected to contain asbestos. Also don't feel like getting poisoned, dunno... I don't want to promise anything yet.

We have countless refugees and immigrants in Duisburg. Gladly the next center I know of isn't really close since they put most of them into the shitty districts in the north (we live far south in a relatively wealthy area) .

But actually, yeah, I've met a bunch of refugees who were sightseeing there last summer. Like 50 meters from the very spot. That particular group seemed harmless, though (3 guys, very polite when I had a short chat with them). On the other hand it seems pretty obvious that the investor wanted the building gone, as cheap as possible. They wouldn't do it themselves, obviously.... so yup, totally can't rule out that they paid some refugees to do it, I would laugh my ass off if that turns out to be the case.

And fuck those connection errors, trying to post a reply for 20 min now.

Obviously _something_ happened. Sounds like the helicopter just came back btw, guess I'll have to go take a look later.

> police say they have no idea how the fire started

Your police are really dumb for a rural area because old hay bales decompose inside when they are moist. This is a chemical reaction which causes heat. The dry outer part of the hay is perfect tinder for a fire.

It's one of the places "spontaneous" combustion myths get started.

Duisburg is 90% turks

Good argument, but those buildings are abandoned for quite a while now.

Another detail I forgot to mention is that I've watched the old owner repair a door and replace the lock only a couple days ago, Saturday iirc. So another theory is that he had squatters and pissed them off so much that they decided to start a fire as revenge. And, well, those squatters might have very well been refugees, we got countless undocumented refugees in Germany who like to "vanish" from the centers and go undercover somewhere else.

Look up the stats, it's bad but really not that bad. But yeah, the north of town has so many Turks that you hardly see any German shop signs, and most of the ads/billboards are written in Turkish, awful. And of course scarfs everywhere.

How is Bavaria migrant-wise? Is there a lot of them there?
What district in germany has the least amount of migrants?

Well, Bavaria used to be almost 100% white natives, but they also had to take in truckloads coming over the route from Austria. They do a great job in tagging and containing them, though, Bavaria has an extremely well organized beaurocracy.

> What district in germany has the least amount of migrants?
Hard to tell nowadays, they spread them around, every town gets their share. You're best off to look for small rural communities and villages where all house owners are native German, but obviously they don't sell to foreigners, or even Germans from other parts of town. Pretty awesome if you ask me, we have one of those old settlements right next door, Serm. When somebody dies or moves out somebody else from the community will buy up the house just in case, they watch out for another and hate strangers of any kind.

Wha ts appenig

So yeah... look for the last pure pearls like Serm, usually old farming communities. But pretty much the only way they let you move in is by marriage, and even then the community has a meeting if they want you, old school.

You're saying it's an insurance scam?

Everybody I talked to says it looks a lot like some sort of regulation scam. The new owner wants to get rid of those stables for years now, and convert the castle into modern living units, and was fighting with Duisburg about regulations. The castle is under protection for historical sites, so that's gonna cost a lot of money, the area is a water/nature protection zone so I bet there will be plenty regulations to tear down the stables, especially if there's asbestos.

That, or squatters (pretty likely as well, the stables have seen plenty break-ins in the last years, they have to fix the doors there pretty often.

Oh... just read that the whole complex (including those stables) is under building protection. And I know the new owners wants to get rid of them to build a bunch of flats and an underground garage at that exact spot. So yeah, most probably a scam after all.

Now let's hope that they hired some refugee to burn them down who is dumb enough to get caught.

plz tell me they arent going to destroy the castle, also whats the name of the castle?

warmer Abriss ##

>heul leise

It's this one here:
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haus_Böckum

Pretty tiny for a castle and half dilapidated because the landlord family (Count Spee who still owns most of the land around here) never bothered with renovating it, and his tenants didn't do much either, but it's the last remaining legit moated castle in our city. It would be a fucking shame to destroy it and I doubt that's going to happen.

I even hate the idea of converting it into luxury appartments, even if they do it "properly", such stuff is supposed to become a museum or a site for medieval reenactment events if you ask me. Don't care much about the stables, they are ugly and much newer, but that castle is at least 670 years old, it belongs preserved, and accessible to the public.

But nobody knows what's going to happen, the negotiations have been going on for years.

Another pic of the main building. There used to be a drawbridge which got replaced by a stone bridge. The moats are mostly gone, sadly.

But hey, it's cool to live right next to a medieval castle, isn't it? I take nice long walks in that area almost every day to chill at one of the lakes nearby. Nice old trees nearby, too.