Joining the Military

I'm 100% sure that I'm going to join the military. Is there any former military or active military members on Sup Forums that can give me some tips or recommend a branch. I'm thinking about the Marines, but I want to know what the most Redpilled branch is.
I'm still relatively ignorant about what Happens after boot.

Join blackwater (not sure what they're called nowdays), they pay better and do the same thing.

they will only hire former military though

Isn't that a mercenary organization? Or do I just play too much gta 5? Lol. I wouldn't mind becoming a merc, how do I join?

I mean the USA army is basically a merc organisation already, so might as well join a real one. It seems like they only hire former military so yeah, I guess if you want to join them you would have to serve a few years first.

Damn, just looked it up and a newly enlisted member of black water can make 9 grand a month and ALOT more with a higher position. That shits crazy, I'll have to look into it.

I don't get why you'd join anything but the Marines unless you want to fly planes

Army=build toilets
Navy=slice potatoes
NatGaurd=work a regular job until hit hits fan
Marines=get fit and fight completely onesided battles after weeks of talking to locals you inevitably betray

I would consider a merc job like Blackwater instead of military like others have stated. First it's almost one and the same without the red tape. Two the VA among other benefits offered to vets and service members is horrible and not worth relying on if you're young dumb and full of cum. Contract work is the bread and butter of washington and just about any government sanctioned monopoly. Power companies routinely hire contractors due to unions etc. Unions are a death sentence. If you got in during the 70's and 80's maybe squeak by in the early 90's you're golden but if not you're fucked.

>volunteering to commit murder in exchange for a college scholarship.

Yeah, My Grandfather was in the Marines and was a Sergeant. My entire family links all the way back to before America was even considered an independent nation state. 7-8th Great Grandfather fought the British. But Yeah the Marines sound badass. NatGuard could be chill too.

Well I know a ton of ex-Army guys and almost all of them say to join the Air Force. If you go for a job that requires a TS clearance you can get a job in the private sector when you get out making big bucks because a lot of their jobs they can train anybody to do but getting someone a clearance takes time and money so they look for people who already have one.

Dont listen to any of these fuckwits.

I'm enlisting into the US U.S. Army in two months and volunteering for option 40 which is a Ranger contract.

I'm leaving in two months only because I'm trying to get back into the shape I used to be in a year ago.

I dunno
I just did well in school to get my scholarships.
Too late for you to do that, though, retard.

My family has been in all the wars and all we get are folded flags and a nice funeral service.

Academi.
This
They aren't mercs.
>the US army are basically mercs
being this much of a nigger.

>being this arrogant
Have fun getting peered out of ranger school.

>land of opportunity
fuck off you commie cuck

Nothing greater than Honor. Do they hang up flags with the names and portraits of your family in the town? They do here, All who fought dating back to the rev war are remembered every day all year in my town.

Have you taken the ASVAB yet?

>muh few muh proud muh muhreeennz

>Killing Subhumans
>Murder
Uh, try again sweetie :)

Every Military thread goes to shit when marine cucks come into the thread and shit it up. Please stop.

Your recruiter will lie 100% to you. You will not jump into anything he says he can fast track you on. They are car salesman, essentially. I can't tell you how many guys coming out of basic thought they were going to immediately become snipers, E6's, fill posotions, etc... You go to basic, how you progress from there is up to you vs your competition and posotions available.

Also, wear issued boots months in advance, run in them constantly, and build the feet up. Lots of people can hardly walk from blisters by the last 2 weeks of basic. Be able to do at least 40 pull ups before basic, and 75-100 pushups, and run under an 8 minute mile for 5 mile average, and you will school most recruits. Serious emphasis on the boots..wear them now, build the blisters before you go.

I was in the Marines. They are red pilled as fuck. I suggest going to the Air Force, though. You will live a much, much better life there.

I'm a navy corpsman (greenside). I wouldn't advise going this rate because it's hard to advance (unless you get a c school). There's lots of jobs in the navy that can set you up for good jobs as a civilian. Don't go marines or army unless you really want the grunt life style

Nobody cares about the WWII or Vietnam vets anymore. I've watched many of them die alone forgotten in homes and hospices.

>build up the blisters

11B OR BUST

Ok, so what your basically saying is that the better you do in boot the better job you get? So what should I say to the recruiter? Just tell him to sign me up no bullshit and go from there?
Also, thanks for the tips man, gunna get some boots and start jogging, probably go heavier on the upper body.

11bang bang, dont be a bitch.

Plus side, if you're into physical fitness those are probably the best branches.

Ha
Have fun sitting on your ass browsing Sup Forums for the rest of your life. I actually have friends in the 75th that are stationed in Italy right now. It's always funny to see miserable fucks like you try to talk me down without having a fucking clue of what kind of a person I am.

They pretty much only hire ex-special forces or at least ex military with plenty of combat experience.

I'm an Air Force Intel analyst. Comfy job.

Go marine bro. I did navy and regret not being a marine. In this new age military, do not trust anyone.

>tfw trying out for army special forces in a few months

Gonna suck real bad when I fail and get thrown into infantry for 4 years

Pro tip advice from current active member : don't do it.

Try doing actual work somewhere instead and be a regular person. Otherwise you'll either regret it, or end up a crusty shmuck before the service just fucks you anyway.

If you really HAVE TO, then these.
>if it's not on paper then don't believe it
>never volunteer yourself
>don't let them just lump you into a rate/job
>don't accept "bonus offers"
>boot camp doesn't mean shit. Don't act like it's going to define your career at all
>work out a lot
>keep your mouth shut and don't voice an opinion on non-professional conversations

tell the recruiter you always struggled with math and grammar and he'll know exactly which retard branch for retards to put you in.
if you were worth a tiny god damn you'd be in an academy. just go sign your loser up ass for boot and get killed for your jewish masters,

If you sign for special forces and fail out you still have the opportunity to get an "entry level" discharge if you really don't wanna be infantry. But you can't rejoin the military

This level of fitness is what's required for special forces. In basic you only need to score at least a 50 for each exercise on order to pass. AIT I believe is 70 for each category.

No...study for the exam. Study your ass off. This will dictate your potential on paper, outside of obedient performance in basic and overall physical ability. This is the difference between grunt, mechanic, cook, and guy guarding a scrap yard in Germany or Afghanistan.

You need to study. Take that test seriously. This will be the difference between exceeding what your recruiter claimed, and standard grunt.

The recruiter will tell you what's possible amd imply they will fast track you there. They won't. They are car salesmen.

I'm assuming you are a fat NEET who takes his anger out on fit Military Members because the big boys bullied you in high school and you're too lazy to stop hacking off to anime and playing over watch and start working out? Amiright?

How hard is it to get into the real spooky parts of intel?

ppl saying join blackwater instead of military are dumb as shit. Don't listen to them as they are fundamentally wrong about the entire deal. Blackwater is only hiring those with plenty of combat experience and special combat training. The only way to get the relevant experience for that is by enlisting in a combat heavy branch, like the army or marines.

You don't just get to "join" Blackwater over enlisting, because this is real life and not a video game. There are actual consequences and high stakes with fighting in a war, and Blackwater type companies are for hardened vets.
Blackwater is were you go once you've beaten the entire game on hardmode and want to Re-Up on Nightmare mode because hardmode just wasn't enough.
Blackwater is not something beginner's join, it is the elite of the elite.

The only person who will get you the job you want is at MEPS. Your recruiters job is only to get your dumbass to MEPS. Learn to read a fucking contract THOROUGHLY and you wont get fucked for a shit job. I. 25b option 40. I'm basically going to be in the 75th as an IT guy.

Also, milk the recruiter for everything he's willing to offer, just don't expect him to do anything for you after you sign.

jesus christ there are a bunch of childish retards in this thread.

you can't just "join blackwater" you fucking idiots, they employ mostly ex-special forces. it's not like you can show up and fill out a fucking job application. you cannot get a merc job unless you've done your time in a branch.

i did several years in the navy. i don't know what is like now, as i got out in 2005 and was deployed twice to the persian gulf. things are changing. joining is a still a great idea for the gi bill alone, that thing is fucking awesome.

the navy is where you go if you want to have a smooth civilian transition. pretty much all of the technical and manual labor jobs in the navy have a civilian component. if you just want to get out after 4 years and get a pretty sweet college package, do that.

if you want to kill people for a living, do your time in the army/marines, but don't expect to join a merc organization unless you are some kind of special forces.

the airforce is for pussies.

kek
i'm assuming youre joining up because you scored really high on your SATs

Not hard at all. I mean hell I'd say it's luck of the draw at first. But once you learn which bases do what you can "apply" to go there.

this is solid advice

You get recycled in Ranger school for whatever phase you fuck up in. Learn your shit. I guarantee 90 percent of you niggers in this thread have sick with us special forces and just fap to military YouTube videos all day.

>Ex ARMY here
Enlist shortest time possible just get basic soldiering skills get out the war is here in your own yard!

And most of the "spooky" stuff comes from HUMINT. Depending on what you mean by spooky. HUMINT (aka 1N7) is probably the closest you'll get to James Bond while enlisted unless you get some red cell type job

Do you mean 173rd out of Vicenza because there's no Ranger unit stationed in Italy? You have a shitty attitude and if by some miracle you pass RIP and airborne you'll probably fail RASP or get dropped from batt itself.

I've met too many of your type over the years. Every time one of you gets booted from Batt you blame everyone but yourself and carry your shitty attitude straight to a line unit.

I've called you out once on your shitty attitude and your immediate response was unironically "u dont kno me muh fugga, fug u nigga I kno shit". Not gonna waste any further typing on you.

Pretty much this.

Lots of intel work is contracted out now too.

Entire regional atmospherics was contract run.

If you have to ask this question on Sup Forums or even bother to come to Sup Forums asking serious questions about the military then you shouldn't join.

I can already tell you'd be nothing but Canon fodder. If you cant find these answers doing your own research then you wouldnt even get a secret clearance in the military.

So what you're saying is you're 100% sure you want to fight for Israeli interests.

Army, 11B from 2004-2010. My only advice is don't do it. You'll be getting shit pay, ordered around by unintelligent but nevertheless empowered blacks, you'll have very little autonomy over youe own life, and you might just end up fighting a war for (((them))).

If you do insist on joining, get a cushy office job in the AF or something.

>blacks
What unit were you in? 3rd ID?

Go Airforce. Pick a job that gives you fantastic skills to make bank when you get out. Want to do a cool guy job? Air Force. TACP, CCT, or Pararescue. Either way, as AF enlisted you'll receive more respect and autonomy since Air Force ASVAB standards are higher. Their quality of life is higher and their facilities are better. Don't go Army or Marines unless you don't mind your brain deteriorating.

t. colorblind guy who went Army infantry

If I want for a commission in the AF, what would my chances be of getting into HUMINT? I assume officers have a higher chance of doing spooky stuff than enlisted?

How fucking new do you have to be to think that everyone else here is also taking what they read on a Senegalese basket-weaving forum as the gospel? Get the fuck out of here.

Yea, lots and lots of contractors. But it's pretty easy to get a contracting job after your enlistment and make some good money. Like deployed Intel contractors get like 100k for a year untaxed. Also most jobs at "Area 51" (lol) are contracted now but there's still a few Intel officers that can get stationed there. The really cool spots are with the NGA and other agencies. If you wanna do something cool in Intel expect a shitty base if you aren't overseas because for some reason the worst bases have the best missions

I'm mainly worried about not being physically fit enough to get into special forces because I'm enlisting at the maximum bmi% while hoping basic training can pull me over the precipice with extreme weight loss.

I've been lifting heavy for a while now, but the issue is that the extra ~30 lbs of body fat fucking destroys me when I try and do pull ups

The military is for losers that can't cut it in the real world, can't make a living without sucking mommas tit (this time its the govt).

don't sign your life away, do your best and be as knowledgeable about your situation as possible. The military doesn't pat your back and tell you how special you are unless you are a female. Be honest about your strengths, weaknesses and your preparation skills. Be open minded about where they can and cannot put you, the important part is getting in, and if you feel like you can serve better at a different station/ different job, put in requests to cross train into a different area.

Don't listen to the people saying your recruiter is a car salesman, or that he's gonna rip you off, or that the military is garbage and that you have to scratch and claw your way/ use cheap tactics to have a nice comfy office. It's the fucking military. Those people are just insecure because they either never got in or they are projecting their own problems with the military.

It's a 100% mental battle. Might as well have have peace of mind, an open mind, and realize this can be a great opportunity if you don't make dumb decisions and know how to plan towards the future.

There are a lot of freeloaders these days weighing the military branches down by being out of shape, incompetent and ungrateful. They are usually the loudest voices and the first to criticize everything about the military. As someone who grew up in a military family with both parents serving and many relatives who have served, it can be the chance of a lifetime to get your ass off of the bottomfeeder - level of economics in this country and get to at least the middle class.

And remember, on Sup Forums and irl, you'll have tons of dickless losers calling bullshit and "redpilling" you on the military constantly. Just keep in mind that it's all a mental battle, and those people are losing

Bump
Dutch navy here, have been navy since great grandfather
Qua Patet Orbis

>ranger contract

Calm down, hotshot. They'll give that option to just about anyone. Half the guys in ITB signed up on a special forces option. Most of them couldn't even handle jump school.

Neat, I'm about to become a corpsman when I leave for basic in 2 months. What would you say your day to day routine is like? Do you like the rate at all?

Keep telling yourself that. It's not My fault you're not physically or mentally capable to pass ranger school. It's guys like you who bitch out and have miserable, shitty attitudes for the rest of their meaningless lives. I've come across a lot of guys like you in person who never make the cut and they always try to put others down just because they failed themselves.

Any brits who've been in the British Army around?

For officers, I think (and I could be 100% wrong on this) the only AFSC is 14N. Which is just Intel officer. So you can't really choose to go HUMINT where as enlisted it's actually become an AFSC. But officers roles in Intel is pretty much supervision. You can start getting into the better stuff around Major or Lt Col.

I wake up, run, and go to work and then go home. Occasionally I get put out in the field. The job is okay. I got into biomed c school and I'm really looking forward to that. If you want a good job in the medical field straight out of the navy you need to apply for c schools

That's great. I'm not like the general IT pogue you come across in the Army which is why i signed up for option 40 in my contract. I know what I'm getting myself into.

yeah, have fun getting crippled or dying for (((Wallstreet)))s Wars.

Its a mental battle because you're literally being brainwashed

Only way you see action in a group like Academi is if you're a veteran or former special forces soldiers with combat experience. Then there's a killing to be made, but the days of these groups hiring beat cops have been over for years now.

4th, Ivy boys.

>Pro tip advice from current active member : don't do it.

your post is solid except this one sentence. Just because YOU don't think someone should join, either because you yourself aren't handling it well, or because you think the grass is greener on the other side, doesn't mean it's like that for everyone else.

All of yall niggas thinking of enlisting head over to /MEG/ on /k/

And when you say higher chance, well you're more likely to KNOW more "spooky" shit, but actually doing it is enlisted

My god, all of the terrible "advice" in here is unreal.

I'll help you out OP.
Coastie here. Had lot of friends that were in the Navy, Army, Marines, Airforce, and obviously Coast Guard that gave me pretty good insight to what it's actually like in their branches.

I'll keep monitoring so ask my anything

In short, if you have the grades from ASVAB test you should join the Airforce or Coast Guard aviation.

>40 pull ups

That's a ton, do you seriously need to do 40 pull ups to have a shot? I'm not planning on joining or anything, I'd just like to know.

>mental battle
the mental battle was in elementary school, tard.
you already lost.

I'm not SPECOPS so I have no say in this, but from what I've heard, getting physically fit enough is the easy part of training. It's the mental will to keep going that's the hard part

>As someone who grew up in a military family with both parents serving and many relatives who have served

Probably had a good experience thanks to a healthy dose of nepotism.

no. he's bullshitting, but it would be good to be in decent shape before bootcamp so you don't have to strain yourself too much.

I thought you could try rejoining a different branch just not the one you flunked in.

Or is that only cancelling your DEP?

This is not my experience. The intelligence embeds we had were comprise of enlisted and officer. The job certainly isn't restricted to a commission.

If you want to ride around talking to people in plain clothes in Africa for as long as possible I'd go enlisted. A lot of the intel officers I knew/know were bumped out of the field into a supervisory slot pretty quickly.

I can only comment from my perspective however, which is limited in scope.

>How fucking new do you have to be
People come here for conversation. He came for dick waving.

>worst bases have the best missions.
no shit lol.
>it's easy to get a contracting job
maybe in INTEL. if you wanna do HRHT you better get the fuck in line lol.

I can comment very briefly and anecdotally on serving with British military.

>no longer surprised
i'm sorry. Were you fenced in? Why not transfer?

Yes there's a lot of disinfo from pvt. snuffy and DEP Dan.

most failures at SFAS are because people give up, so yes, mental is important.

get ptsd so you don't have to work when you get out

i had a meeting with a recruiter because i was thinking about it, but ultimately decided not to. it was a great experience though. we were able to set up a meeting where he came to my house and sat down with me to present everything. he was really practical too. he talked about how he did two tours and he's saving up money to switch to a stem field.

you definitely need to save your money though. don't spend it just because you have it. after 5 or 10 years you might not be able to keep up with the physical rigors and need to switch careers. you'll want that extra money to have some flexibility and maybe go back to school.

> no one ever mentions USCG

most chill branch.

If you're a dumbuck then join the army.

If you're moderately intelligent then join the marines.

If you have high iq then join the air force.

If you get a degree first then you'll be able to apply for the officer school and if you do well you'll be bathing in money for the rest of your life.

>MEG on /k/
>Not literally a shit ton of wannabe high-school JROTC kids giving outdated advice their dads told them that hasn't been relevant since the 80's

Never take advice from Sup Forums.

I think that's cancelling DEP. When it comes to discharge, I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure if you get anything other than honorable you can't go to a new branch

yep okay. Thats why me and a couple other active duty guys regularly give advice on there.

Yea I was only referring to contracting Intel wise. When it comes to any other job I have 0 knowledge

How important is the ASVAB?
How do I get promoted?
What should I say to the recruiter?

Contractors like GK Sierra are better than whatever the fuck blackwater calls itself now. They hire lots of mossad, but you do get to often times work under contract for the FBI, doing things like being an agent provocateur...which beats being in a 3rd world shithole.

It's definitely possible to "drink too much of the koolaid" so to speak but that is usually officer types who feel very high and mighty. Most of the down to earth types are enlisted, and even the higher ranking enlisted are good people.

The people who cry out about military brainwashing watched too many Full Metal Jacket type movies and base their whole opinion off of that.

solid advice.

>3 random guys who know a little bit of what they're talking about outweighs the "generously" given advice of 200 airsofters who "read it on a forum once"