Give me your opinions

>w-we're only wasting a little bit of money

do libshits think this is a sound argument?

This is so inaccurate I'm surprised you had the balls to post it.

Pretty sure this is a graph of discretionary spending. Medicare, Medicaid, and social security make up 60+% of the actual total budget. Military is 15-20%

I do think military is literally just swallowing money without any reason at this point. No excuse to waste more on non productive members of society tho

strong military gives strong foreign policy, also strong trade power

This is the right one, if we could had one similar it would be great, but government takes like 60% of budget for salaries

its not that hard to make a bullshit graph op.

The constitution literally states that assembling/supporting/providing for a military is one of the only explicit powers the federal government has. Welfare, education, social programs, etc. don't even fucking exist according to it.

also keeps the EU from totally collapsing and russia from invading europe even more

good. that's why we're constitutionally mandated to spend more on military than the rest of the world combined. freedom ain't free and adam and eve not adam and STEVE okay. god bless america

stealin our jobs and such

red white and blue all day

So much strawman in one post.
Sorry you don't understand the most basic natural law - Power.

I like it! Just look for comparison at the cucked german federal budget.

>40% for social welfare
>11% for military
>8% for federal debt
>5% for infrastructure

rest for other shit

Ehh. Dont forget about our (((healthcare))) tax and other social taxes.

>purposefully leaving out medicaid/social security
I'm not falling for your Gypsy tricks.

How is this related to federal spendings?

I'd see that pie not exist at all.
I hate all of you bootlicking collectivist freaks.

bullshit graph?

Axe social security and health care. Use it to build vertical farms and high speed trains so people can live in AZ and work in San Fran and vice versa.

>cucked
You don't know what cucked means unless your government spend like 50% of your budget in bureaucracy salaries and politician salaries

lol that's gotta be for like 1944 or something

This chart is 100% complete bullshit. Contains only "Discretionary spending." Entitlements, the REAL thing republicans complain of, is larger than this whole chart minus military.

The real graph shows that its death by gibs-me-dat. Our military empire is bad too, but fuck off with your bullshit graph

This. OP's graph is literally a breakdown of the DD and Non-Defense Discretionary categories.

It's the "Budget" because those things have to be re-approved every year when congress makes the "budget." All the other shit is automatic unless they enact legislation to change the law.

This is a CLASSIC lefty-bullshit tactic. Every time someone talks about real spending they say this shit, the implication being "Weeeell we can't change the other stuff because it's the LAW."

My opinion is that taxation is theft, blue Belgium.

fake news

1 post by id LOL

To remain the dominant force in the world you have to spend more on your military than the combined amount of the next two powers
So, US military spending will remain a huge part of US overall spending for the foreseeable future
Take this out and then redraw the pie chart

Actual Chart for 2016 since I love fucking bait

does the US have a government pension scheme, and wouldn't that come under social security?
My "economics" lecturer was saying how in the UK the elderly are the biggest drain on the NHS and receive the most benefits and jokingly said that they should be culled
he's actually retired

Even then, we don't spend THAT much on defense as a % of GDP. significantly lower than during the cold war.

I still think we spend too much. But the "military is bankrupting us" narrative is fake news.

>military spending isn't just the US. They finance multiple countries defence budgets as well.

End welfare and social services for immigrants
Budget fixed.

>look at this pie chart I made with no citations provided
wtf I hate national security now

I agree, same in the UK, spending has decreased becoming less of GDP (especially since the cold war ended)
This is why the neocon hawks want conflict with Russia. Increased military spending brings great dividends for the wealthy

>science only 1%
>tech advances could reduce the cost of healthcare and grow the economy
Really joggin my noggin

>6% of government spending is on government

The military is the only service that can't bw or would be weakened if privatized.

Wow, it's almost like if we didn't spend all our money supporting shitskins and deadbeats and fighting wars, we could have nice things!

>Ohwait.jpg

>not privatizing the military

That's not the federal budget, though. That's the third of it that's discretionary. Medicare/Medicaid, SS, and debt service make up the other two-thirds.

>tech advances could reduce the cost of healthcare

the exact opposite is what always ends up happening
>fund medical research
>scientists create new ultra treatment that enables them to keep comatose cancer patients alive for 5 additional weeks
>end up spending half a million dollars per patient so they can "live" a month longer

The free market handles science better than the government... Government tends to politicize the sciences thus taking bias out of many experiments... Although the free market does the same as well but at least it's more efficient imo

Wasnt Obama going to cut back on military by bringing back the boys?

why the gov spends any at all really makes me think. thats not their job.

besides you dont think the military does their own research to advance everyday life that is passed down to us?

Why alter the graph?

This is the same graph that is for discretionary spending.

>OP IS A FAGGOT

Federal isnt goverment.

Cut Military down to 49%. See that NASA has at least 4% and blow the last couple of points into Education.

Stop being a greedy fuck. If you only spent 1% more on food for the poor and 1% less on whatever useless crap no one would ever be hungry again. I hate republicans.

I want to burn the entire pie.

Tfw dad gets ss and owns various properties that he rents for 1.5x their value. He's a boomer too.

> but what if Yemen or some other tiny shithole decides to invade the USA

That's the part of the budget the US has actual control over. The lion's share of the budget goes to entitlements.

While it would be nice to cut the US military budget, Liberals would be the first to cry the US isn't doing enough when it suddenly can't support its expeditionary military force to go curb stomp some dictator making people cry.

> the US military keeps the EU from collapsing

Really activated my neurons