legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/eminent domain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminent_domain
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"well you didnt think I meant a literal wall did you?"

please clap

slow and steady

!yeb!

Oh really?

A multi-billionaire real estate developer has no idea how to obtain real estate?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelo_v._City_of_New_London

Whelp, nice try Jebby.

>without the real estate
>Federal Government literally has Eminent Domain claim to the border areas that it doesn't already outright own

he can just take it kek

>fair market value of desert land along a national border is going to be too expensive, we better just give up

JebĀ” was so fun to make memes for, you almost forget he's a globalist neocon.

I don't give a shit.

Spend a hundred billion dollars and then another hundred billion dollars to build one on the Canadian dollar.

Print money. Crash the petrodollar.

Fuck the Babyboomers.

idgaf

Eminate Domain

Retards

Oh, we know you're a tough guy Jeb. You're a real tough guy.

It can use eminent domain, but it has to pay the owners fair market value. Their argument is that buy a thin strip of desert land where there isn't already a wall would be too expensive. It's a silly argument though, you wouldn't need much land and the value is probably very low because of the location.

SURGE

>it has to pay the owners fair market value.
wrong

JEB!

>Crash the petrodollar.
fuck yeah, do it. we need a reset. i don't care if we suffer. at least we won't be slaves anymore

user, I'm a real estate agent. The government can't just take land, it has to give you fair market value. Eminent domain gives them the power to "buy" any land they need, but they can't just confiscate it.

Who cares how expensive it is. Mexico is going to pay for it.

He has been defending eminent domain from day one. Trump is 9 moves ahead of everone. I'm ok with paying an old lady to gtfo her property. The wall is the most important project in history

YOU CAN'T PLEB THE JEB

wtf, im a jeb head now..

That's only reality if our president was as low-energy as Jeb! Bush.

If 2015-2017 has taught us anything, the laws of reality aren't laws, but merely suggestions.

Jeb is a mess.

youtube.com/watch?v=fWhi_JXos60

Only if you're Al Gore.

>Real estate agent
Wow how did you get that job. Did you have to pass a test? It must have taken you a whole week of studying. Thank you for bringing your expertise to this thread. It is much appreciates

>implying all those GOP voters on the border are going to give up their property.

You are more likely to get shot then have those ranchers give up their land.

>this

Does the government not already own a swath around the border? A private citizen could literally build a house a foot from the Mexican border?

what's the point of using a proxy if everyone knows you're using a proxy?

Take the land and say it's because of a national security issue, they use that all the time.

Yes, they can. Plenty of people own property right up to the edge. When you factor in the border disputes because of the change in the flow to to the rio grande the shit gets real complicated.

>it has to give you fair market value
and they can decide what that compensation is, if you dont agree to it, well they take it

>Trump
>costs
so whats the ETA on our fair wall

>Shitposting on an Arabian white supremacist image board without a proxy

It's like you want to be sent to a reeducation camp

Nobody farms or ranches right along the rio grande. It's a fucking desert and a good way to get fucking killed.

>implying the 80% of all land west of the Mississippi river isn't federally owned
>implying the feds can't do whatever they want on government owned land

>I'm only pretending to be retarded

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/eminent domain

If you don't agree with the value they give, then you take them to court and challenge their valuation. This is costly for the government to do, so they almost always overvalue the land so you don't fight them in court.

I'm not arguing against the walk, but you guys are retarded if you think the government can just usurp private property, nor would it be ideal to live under a government with such powers.

The Sudden and Violent return of motherfucking JEB!

The government doesn't already own the land nearest to the border? Isn't that even more of a problem than a lack of a wall?

Trump said 2-3 years, and it seems they've already started in some spots. It just depends on how things go. Apparently just Trump's rhetoric is having an effect on the number of illegals coming, which is great.

>all those people who voted for Trump will NEVER let the wall happen
My goodness, this timeline.

How the fuck does that work? Does everyone who shoots a home invader just get extradited? It seems like our legal system really is not built to allow different national citizens to interact.

Can't the government just seize it?
That's what they do here in Sweden.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminent_domain

they can confiscate it if you do not accept their offer. But you can also haggle with them. But their final number is the final fucking number.

It's quite a puzzle. I'm not sure how the border patrol even patrols that land if the government doesn't own it, unless they have some kind of easement from the owners. The obvious thing to do would have been for the government to keep all the land within a quarter mile of the border back when we annexed it.

They can pay you fair market value for your land, and if you refuse they condemn it and take it anyway. They get what they want.

Here they can only force you to sell it to them. They are supposed to pay fair market price, but a lot of the time they don't, but the price can be disputed in court. The question becomes, if they're only trying to buy a little bit, are you going to lose even more money hiring a lawyer, even if you win?

Yeah because you are straight up communist

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminent_domain
>I can't read

Jeb!

E X O T I C
X
O
T
I
C

>yfw I bought a shitload of cheap border land when Trump first started running.

I paid ~$400 per ace for it.

They are federal agents. Not sure how it works in America, but their are half a dozen federal agencies here that can come into your home whenever they want. Police need warrants, but I don't think the others typically do.

They can't confiscate it at all, except in the sense that they can force you to "sell" it to them. You have a due process right to receive a fair market value for your land, so you can challenge it in court, as well as the right of the government to take your specific piece of land. Almost nobody does this because of the costs associated.

In the eminent domain cases I've handled, the sweet spot is rejecting 3 offers. Their fourth offer is usually their highest. We come across this stuff all the time when DOT expands roads.

Why was this not the first post?

Oh right, I forgot /leftypol/ is 12

sell now
govt not gonna give you that much

>MUH EMINENT DOMAIN

How is this even an argument? We do eminent domain all the fucking time in this country. We do it when we need to expand highways or airports or build dams or other necessary public works projects that can't be held up by some faggot in a beat to shit house.

I'm from New Jersey. Back in the day, there were plans to build a gigantic dam called the Tocks Island Dam across the Delaware River way up north. To do this, they eminent domained the living shit out of properties all over the area that was set to be underwater after the dam was set to be built.

Later on, they decided that they weren't going to build the dam and took the land from everyone they screwed out of their property and turned it into the Delaware Water Gap State Park. Fantastic park if you live in the area and are looking for a cool place to hike.

They did the same thing in my town when they expanded the NJ Turnpike. They eminent domained a bunch of people's property to expand the Turnpike because it was something that needed to get done.

Why the fuck do these retards think we can't eminent domain the few houses along an almost entirely empty border to build a federal project? If they can do eminent domain on the scale they did in an overcrowded shithole like New Jersey, they can sure as fuck do it in an uninhabited desert.

Why does this retard think it won't work for Trump when his dipshit brother was the first one who passed a border fence act?

The ironic thing is, I'm nearly positive that every landowner on the border would give up the land for free to be safe from the marauding wetbacks that terrorize them and trespass on their property all the time, let alone get a hefty government check as compensation.

I'm sure Rob Krentz's family will be first in line to give Trump part of their land.

I have no clue how that all works out legally, but remember that Justice Scalia spent his last moments alive hunting at a ranch near the Mexican border. Its a horribly complex issue that you cant just force a solution upon.

Real Estate is hard work. I know someone who got into it, the shits not fun. She had to learn a years worth of law in under two weeks if I remember right. Not easy.

i read somewhere that a wall through texas is impossible because most of the borderlands are privately owned by texans. ive always thought the texans were patriotic af so i ask you burgerbros, would texans give up a sliver of their land for the wall?

People alleging that we can't do something because of cost are just crazy. This country's gross GDP is nearly 17 trillion dollars a year, yet a wall is too expensive? We waste more money per year than most countries even make. Liberals are like "Build more infrastructure! Free healthcare! Free college! A fucking wall?! Where could we get the money for that?!"

>Buy up more land then you need on the border
>it's currently all shitty full of garbage from illegals and everyone who owns on the border hates it
>Built glorious wall
>Sell back land near the wall for ten times the price now that it's nice and safe

4d chess, fgts

Slow and steady wins the race

Jeb! 2020

this nigga so mad that his faily getting deported

>then you take them to court and challenge their valuation
i never said that wasnt the case, but youre missing the point that the government does have the power to pay you whatever they feel like paying you

Thanks for the story, but the government has to compensate people when they use eminent domain. You have a beautiful park, but the government paid handsomely for it.

They have to pay you a fair market value for the land. They usually get two appraisals or CMAs and offer the higher of the two. It's not as though the government can unilaterally decide what it's going to pay you.

What is immanent domain?

Jeb, how could you?

It's when the government takes ownership of your land, but they have to give you the fair market price for it.

>Thanks for the story, but the government has to compensate people when they use eminent domain.

Nigger, I know this. Why the hell do you think I mentioned a check from the government?

Honestly, why is this even a problem? Mexico is paying for the wall anyway, so this just means Mexico will be paying landowners on the border.

Dude this was a week ago, get yourself some new ammo.

cite me the code then that says exactly where and from whom they must derive the price of property from

Seizing of property by the government with "just" compensation. In other words the government can take your land and build a wall if its important to national security. California's border wall with Mexico, funnily enough, is complete. The problem is Texas and Texans don't want the government to fuck around on their property.

eminent domain

A Texan will bring you a steak dinner and shoot any beaners in the area while you build the wall on his property.

Trump won't make it past New Hampshire.

JEB! SURGE!

"Fair Market Price" You'd be surprised how cheap land is in some of the markets they find

t. Farmer

I'm not a lawyer, but this case is the source of the "justly compensate" and "fair market value" phrases. Bauman v. Ross, 167 U.S. 548 (1897)

AFAIK, there's no explicit statute that dictates how fair market value is calculated, but the courts wouldn't uphold a valuation that the government pulled out of its ass.

G-got anymore 3D Asuka?

that's fine, Sup Forums doesn't care about private property anyway so why would we care

Lol Fuck you Texans. Give up your goddamn property fucking conservatives. 'Get off my Lawn'? More like fucking STEAL your lawn.

Get your taste of the big government you supported.

no, but have some 2d because she is my waifu

It's a matter of national security. Trump can pretty much bulldoze anything in order to make way for the wall. Besides, the government owns all the land anyways. Look up the definition of real estate. You as a citizen don't technically own the land your house is on.

Same here.

>You as a citizen don't technically own the land your house is on
Nope, the corporations do.
And they own you.

Jesus christ!

We can't let him get the codes sage

That's only true in the commonwealth, we own our land.

it doesnt matter if it holds up or not, govt immediately gains possession of the land if it goes to court

>The government can't just take land,
Thatswhereyouwrongkiddo.png

Stupid retarded cuck

Then the government would have to compensate the landowner based on what the court decides.

>jump in the middle of a discussion
>"you're wrong"

REMOVE KEBAB