Stem vs. Steam

Why do you autists disagree with this? It's nothing but admirable for people to pursue liberal arts majors, especially considering the current job market. College was not intended to be a stepping stone to a career. People pursuing their passions should be admired, not ridiculed.

You can pursue your passion and still opt to pick something of actual outward value to the world around you.

Art has value, it would be absurd to state otherwise.

>College was not intended to be a stepping stone to a career.
ok

>Science
>Technology
>Engineering
>Math

>[+Autism]

STEM is the hard sciences, objective and absolute. Art has its place, but that place is not among these. Art is far too subjective.

>when some libshit sociology major tells me that they're STEM

Kek. The softest science I recognize is Biology.

Practical vs impractical

art has value, (((art))) does not.

STEM should become SM.

So you'd rather a country filled with POO-tier autists? This obsession with STEM makes us no better than Indians.

>Art is far too subjective.
And why is this a problem?

>STEAM
>"Hey let's add art to get more women into STEM so we can say we have more women engineers and scientists"

>arts

If you need a degree to paint you aren't a very good painter
If you need a degree to act you aren't a very good actor
If you need a degree to write you aren't a very good writer

Arts are driven by natural tallest which is refined over years and years of work and practice.
Offering degrees for arts is such a joke

It's not a problem it just doesn't fit in with the STEM category.

It's like saying ketchup should be one of the food groups.

because arts is not an applied science

because stem is there to solve problems. youre not going to figure out cheaper space travel or cure diseases, or create a supercomputer learning how to color with pastels and shit

Arts doesn't solve practical problems

This is such a kneejerk "ME TOO" reaction, you literal child.

Art for aristocrats. STEM for proles. You have to have both though

It's not. It's just different.

Why does EVERYTHING need to be all inclusive to you, you stupid fucking libshit?

Yet universities have always offered liberal arts majors. In this way, it's always been part of the 'food group'

>youre not going to figure out cheaper space travel or cure diseases, or create a supercomputer
This assumes that STEM majors do this at all. In reality, STEM majors have no ambition to solve major problems like this, only to find a safe career path.

that is a good idea actually. women should not be in charge of designing life saving solutions.

No idea what you're talking about.

This

Liberal Arts are subjects like history, rhetoric and logic. Stop fucking confusing them with the Arts you fucking simpletons.

>STEM idea made to get away from arts
>LETS ADD ARTS TO IT

Everyone knows that STEAM was created so autistic people would freak out. Nobody takes it seriously.

Design, specially made architecture, UX and Industrials design definitely fit with STEM. No one could use the things engineers make without these fields.

go away you filthy kike...

Because if you want to live comfortably these days, you need a useful college degree. College now costs more than ever, so getting a degree that won't be good enough to convince some Jew to hire you for more than a pittance is a massive waste of money.

art has value, yes, but its value is not applicable to the value of scientific achievements. ones value is purely entertainment, which while said entertainment is valuable indeed, is not overly helpful to the majority of society. pursuing different methods to represent the same ideas is nice, but gets society nowhere in the long run.
science actively pushes everything in humanity forward, with art being the only real exception. science improves living standards and optimizes labor endeavors once thought to be taxing. art does none of this, rather, art will likely always be the one thing science cannot make easier, nor can art make anything else easier.

Because It doesn't belong in the set. The other four items, those listed in STEM, are all about objective truth, be it the pure abstraction of mathematics, the dissection of reality through the sciences, or the applications of technology and engineering. All these answer objective questions: is this theory true? Does this device do what we require of it? Is this building structurally sound?

Art, however, is not objective. Beauty is subjective, what I find beautiful you may find hideous. It doesn't fit the set, it doesn't belong. This is not to say art has no value, it does, but it does not make sense to list it along side the rest of STEM.

The problem is that when people say "liberal arts" they don't usually mean philosophy and history, they mean post-modern sociology and wymyn's studies.

It's quite simple, the concept of "STEM" was made to differentiate objective fields of study (math, physics, and so on) from other fields of study.

Changing the criteria to include all other fields makes the designation meaningless.

Arts are dead... Only useful in an enlightened society... You will see when you make a davinci level painting and it doesn't sell because you don't have the right connections... inb4 working at starbucks for the rest of your life... Your art might be worth something when your dead a few hundred years from now tho so there's that!

Stem is only a term because all the disciplines are related in logical and mathematical aptitude. Art is not realised and doesn't belong. Steam is being pushed because retarded schools arts programs are trying to capitalize on the stem hype by forcing art in there but it just doesn't belong. The term has no meaning and serves no purpose if everything is included in the buzzword which it's looking like it might happen. I first heard of steam on a radio message for a local middle school about a year ago and it pissed me off then too.

The people pushing this STEaM idea wasted their money on arts degrees and they are effectively unemployable. They think sticking "a" in "STEM" means employers will suddenly think Gender Studies is as important as Engineering, so they can rake in the big bucks too.

In other words, idiots.

Art is the seasoning for science. It adds flavor to science, but if you fill up on that seasoning it could make you unhealthy or you could get a bad case of the faggot flu

>ones value is purely entertainment, which while said entertainment is valuable indeed
I disagree. The liberal arts aren't simply to provide entertainment. Often they offer nuanced societal commentary, which is completely absent in STEM

*art is not related
Fucking phones

Ok, I get how it may not fit in with STEM. This doesn't mean that it's completely useless and irrelevant though.

Because 'arts' can be done without a paper that costs 50k+ telling you that you know how to apply color to canvas.
Besides, how are arts related to any of the STEM of the subjects?

An economy cannot be sustained on art majors, through that steam shit away

>women can't into stem
>change it to steam

Anyone have that pic of "women change the definition of the mountaintop and declare it to be wherever they are presently"?

STEM is a meme.

There is no STEM shortage.

I honestly wish schools, teachers, politicians, activists, (((activists))), Jews, women, numales, faggots, freaks, betas, and everyone else would stop pushing the "WE NEED MORE STEM" agenda. We don't need more STEM graduates. It's simply a push to get more bodies into STEM via h1b visas to suppress wages.

t. Mechanical Engineer

Because it's literally people shoving their way into a definition.

Shitty old European art has no value

>Implying biology is a science. o.0

>steam thread
>on Sup Forums

Nope.

>Apple
>Banana
>Mango
>Kiwi
>Rubber Tire

Which one of these doesn't fit, OP?

So therefore it's completely unnecessary? Surely you see the error in this.

And why is it wrong for the best to make more money and sleep with your wife?

Having superior males cuck inferior males improves the human gene pool.

>Beautiful pictures taken from all across america
>The center of the room is for performance art by some fat naked tuna smelling slut with blue hair and pussy written on her six boobs yelling derogatory words for women

Thank god-king trump is getting rid of the national endowments for art

>In reality, STEM majors have no ambition to solve major problems like thi
you sound like you know a lot of what's going on in the minds of ALL STEM majors.

Obvious bait post.

They're not superior workers or people, they're simply there to do tasks as "engineers" or "computer scientists" and suppress first world wages in the only sector that they haven't been suppressed in yet. Trump needs to revoke all h1b visas until every last STEM graduate has a job in their respective field.

>need a degree

While it's definitely true that to be a good artist you do not need a degree, saying that it is pointless to offer degrees is wrong. Just because someone has the natural proclivities for art doesn't mean that studying under someone's tutelage cannot help. There is no need to constantly reinvent the wheel for every artist out there. College is a helpful stepping stone for those with talent. It is a waste of resources for the rest in the art field.

Anyone can do art

I wasn't talking about your Indian replacement.

I was talking about your buff 10/10 Chad boss who's outsourcing you to Mr. Brownman, got a promotion and who's sleeping with your wife.

A for autism

You're not even a fun or clever troll. You're just spouting Sup Forums memes trying to get a rise out of me. Come on, do funny things.

No

It's hilarious, read any "soft" science book. It desperately tries to claim it's a real science throughout. My favorite was a cultural anthropology class I had to take. Had its own scientific method and everything.

And what's wrong with your boss outsourcing your job to brown people for half your pay?

You're being greedy and only thinking about yourself.

Not outsourcing your job only helps you.

Outsourcing your job helps your boss and your Indian replacement.

2 > 1. Learn some math.

Remind me how many designated shitting streets are on the moon, please.

That's what I thought.

Where did the math touch you to make you hate STEM this much? Show me on the doll.

Fuck off, just like the rest of the actual working world no one gives a shit about your shitty arts degree, stop trying to leech off my field.

Why do YOU autists insist on redefining everything? What do you hope to accomplish by re-arranging the label so that arts are now considered STEM? If the curriculum does not include Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, then why even call it STEM at all? Even if you were to change the definition of STEM to include the arts, it still wouldn't change the fact that art majors didn't learn jack shit about actual STEM fields. The only thing you would accomplish is devaluing what it means to be in STEM for everybody else, which really won't amount to much since STEM is a very unofficial, vague, nondescript and loosely defined phrase as is

Are you incapable of differentiating appearances from reality? Why is it Every college-age postmodernist liberal imbecile seems to be unable to perceive any depth, substance or meaning or weight behind outward appearances?

Then don't bitch and moan when all you can find for work is part time cashier at Starbucks

>People pursuing their passions should be admired, not ridiculed.
I decide what I'll admire and what I'll ridicule, you invasive cunt

Science is important
Technology is important
Engineering is important
Mathematics is important

Arts is fucking useless.

LOL

I'm a STEM major and I'm in a STEM job.

I'm now in management and I sleep with half my workers' wives. We're going to outsource 75% of them next year.

Bullshit arts is useless... Arts are far more important than the others due to its application in everyday life. I am in an art building right now in fact, working on a 3D layering of hundreds of slices of cardboard into a Saber Tooth skull. Do you realize the technical knowledge required to approach such a task from scratch? I think not, stem sucker

.....not if trumps H1B1 plan goes through lol

Because art is not objective.

Finally you said something funny.

Not going to do jackshit.

There are already way too many people in the US that employers can abuse workers for hundreds of years.

I'll still make more multiple times my workers' salaries, be more attractive to their wives, and fuck their wives more times in 1 month than they'll ever fuck their own wives.

Protip: Women are attracted to their husbands' bosses that mistreat them.

Listen I think the arts are important to being a well rounded human being but I realize that logical and mathematical aptitude are just as important if not more so in the Information Age. Lumping the arts in with STEM just lessens the importance of both

It requires far more technical knowledge to design and build a computer controlled machine that can let anyone do that job.

Yes?

Commiefornians think because their unstable economy is inflated by illegal and foreign labor they can excuse themselves from physical and logical endeavors.

Reality is crashing down on libtards in America and they can't stand it.

not everyone can do it well

>not going to to jack shit
>Not knowing that if his plan goes through you will only be allowed to hire out side of the US if your paying over 135k salary.

Good luck with that one freinderino.

You can stop larping now.

I'm watching this interesting cuck fetish you have unfold before my eyes. You're like a Sonic autist but stranger.

i want to laugh at the full vid

You think the Jews are going to let Trump get his way?

Jews want everyone but them to make minimum wage and live like third worlders.
They also want to fuck your wife.

Again with the wife fucking, stop larping that your some hot shot manager no one believes it.

It's a common fetish for Jews to fuck white goyim's wives.

Let them have it as the only letter that matters is the M. Now there's no room to wiggle in some bullshit baby gets a trophy for existing agenda. Maths or fuck off.

Agreed. Design and creativity within STEM disciplines is important.

This. Hence why Biz and Law or Med are the best.

Except if you're a dentist or an accountant. Unless you're bluffing with the latter

Depends on what liberal arts you mean. I intend to pursue my PhD in pure Mathematics so that's technically a liberal arts but math has a lot of shit going for it (and it's also the M in STEM)

>Fashion
>Arts
>Gender Studies
>Sociology

That would be FAGS
Appropriate

The value of art is subjective, the value of stem is objective: either a circuit works or it doesn't, a theorem is true or it isn't, etc.

No.

This little STEAM meme is fucking sad. It's the work of people who feel truly irrelevant.

>Artist reduces the entire field of mathematics to lol ruler and four rudimentary operations
Thank god Trump is going to pull funding from you art tards.

maybe if the a is autism

but art fuck no

What the FUCK does art have to do with STEM? At least say design. That would at least sound sane. But fucking art? Art has nothing to do with technology. Art is literally unnecessary in the economy. I love art, I'm very dedicated to it, but you have to admit that if every artist died today we would be able to continue our lives without any hiccups. Sorry m8 but art is optional. Beautiful, but optional.

It means it's not a science. The word science itself derives from a Latin term meaning "to know," not "to think" or "to believe."