Obesity

How do we end the obesity epidemic?
What steps would you take, Sup Forums to stop our nations getting fatter?

It reduces lifespan, it makes people unable to join the military, it leads to ridiculous acceptance movements by the left.

Dumb fuck normies just don't seem to understand that if they eat too much they get fat and lazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/
saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

With fascism where we control caloric intake.

I hate fat people so fucking much, can someone explain how someone like this is in the military?

Get rid of high fructose cornshit in food.

Businesses wouldn't allow that. It would cut their profit margins significantly.

Make fat shaming great again.

There's no corelation between body fat and physical fitness, so fat guys can be soldiers as well as thin guys.

Kill america fat

Obvious bait is obvious.

how do i lose weight

i eat 500-1000 calories under my TDEE and haven't lost more than a pound or two in a bit over 3 months

You're either eating more than you think or you've miscalculated something, user.

make physical education great again.
no more being able to walk the mile
update the presidential award to higher standards.
gym standardized uniforms(had to wear a plain grey shirt with my last name on the front, and navy blue shorts..at a public school) you would be shocked at what this does to the mentality.
shut down public school lunch system and start a new one. (I'm sorry i don't care what fucking party you are, a square piece of cardboard pizza and french fries is not a lunch. and i voted for trump)
Start mild weight lifting in the 6th grade instead of just "gym"
weight lifting and nutrition class in high school including how to cook real food.
complete end to the "fat and healthy" movement.
do not offer milk as a lunch time drink after the age of 6 or 7.
remove vending machines from schools.

fight me on this

change the definition of obesity....

State-mandated fat camp, and restricting food purchases for people over a certain weight limit. Limiting/throttling healthcare to people over a certain weight limit is also a good idea, but this would only be possible in states with universal/single-payer healthcare systems, although most countries outside of America have that anyway.

I think I agree with all of this, food stamps should also only apply to healthy food. Fat poor fucks shouldn't be buying crap for free.

Cut down soda and junk food completely, even diet coke
You won't lose weight by excercise if you still eat any of those two

Quite simply, the burden of weight loss is on a person, not the system they live in or the money spent on the food they eat.

An example of this is the 'twinkie diet' where a nutrition professor lost 27lb in weight from eating ideal caloric intake from junk foods like twinkies, and cookies, as well as a daily multivitamin and protien shakes/vegetables to stop his systems just failing
edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/

What to take from this is that any person can be not fat, and the obesity crisis can be solved if people cared more about loosing the weight and regulated caloric intake and did regular low/mid intensity exercise. Shit's not hard, people are just lazy and need to be taught better

i forgot food stamps.
I used to be cashier at kroger, food stamps should only apply to raw foods.
Abuse of food stamps is just fucking insane. i don't know how but you can literally buy pop tarts and cheetos and 10 gallon sodas with it.
Cut the problem at the source.

reform food stamp program
reform school food program
reform school physical education

>How do we end the obesity epidemic?

from the sounds of it water-weight could be contributing more than you think.
HEAVILY reduce the salt you intake and drink water regularly through the day.
It's only a small fix to a larger problem, but it will decrease the weight issue

> burden of weight loss is on a person, not the system they live in
This is philosophically true in the abstract, but when you account for pragmatic externalities it absolutely falls apart. As an example take Britain and the NHS, they would likely save money with a program to encourage health and end obesity. Considering that the costs of healthcare are spread among everybody it actually makes sense to take collective systemic measures to prevent people from being unhealthy and being a burden or cost to the system, and that's before you take into account the increased economic productivity from increased overall health of the population.

The fuck do you mean? Everyone already knows how to not be obese. Eat less calories and exercise. It's not hard.

Maybe people know about it but they're not doing anything to lose the weight.

Yeah see that's retarded, they shouldn't even give obese or morbidly obese people like that the option or freedom to have access to food like that, they should basically be completely monitored because they've already shown their inability to use their freedom productively by getting so fat in the first place. It shouldn't be too hard, we're just too soft on people in the West. Those doctors should be telling him to shut the fuck up and lose weight and stop being such a fatass or just cut him off if he doesn't comply.

Then shoot the fat fucks in the head.

Time to lift.

No idea what TDEE is but I guarantee you, the cause of your overweight is not the food, but the lack of activity. Organize a group of fatties of your level regulary play football or whatever. No need to wait for someone else to do start. They'll thank you later

Bump

This
>make physical education great again.
kinda collides with this
>weight lifting
but I agree. You wouldn't wanna lay out a whole stategy here but lifting doesn't really teach you how to use your body.

What's wrong with the milk though? I drink a liter a day since childhoos and it didn't do any harm

>twinkie diet
>still eats other foods
so like a normal eating habit then

saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/

A few multivitamins and healthy shakes user, the diet was probably 80-90% junk

>A few multivitamins and healthy shakes user, the diet was probably 80-90% junk

Meant for this user

Former fat cunt here. Gone from 18st to 9st 5. Nobody has the excuse to be overweight - I lost 100% of the weight I lost while sat behind a computer doing absolutely no fucking exercise what so ever, so the "m-muh social a-anxiety!" Excuse is a jack load of shit.

Don't wanna exercise? Don't fucking eat as much. Don't wanna stop eating? Then you don't really wanna lose weight. Simple as fuck. Any fatanons out there who wanna lose weight should Google the eat-stop-eat diet, amplify that fucker by 1000, and also start purging food for even better results.

The fat acceptance movement is a load of crap as well - we shouldn't be trying to normalise something that causes fucking heart disease and diabetes, among numerous other health problems.

Next thing you know, they'll be wanting to normalise paedophilia because "m-muh feelings! It makes me feel good, so you have to let me do it, or you're a fascist!" Absolute fucking joke.

fat shaming, something Milo briefly mentioned which was a positive output by him, i personally know a couple kids who were fat shamed and are working on getting slimmer

Treat sugar like you treat tobacco or alcohol, it's a nasty drug

just stop eating, rotten teeth