“It’s something that they are not used to and they don’t like that,” she said...

>“It’s something that they are not used to and they don’t like that,” she said. “Anything that deviates from the norm is difficult to accept. I think if you’ve been used to watching characters that look like, sound like, think like you and then you see someone up on the screen and you go, ‘Well, that’s a girl, she doesn’t look like me. I want it to look like me so that I can project myself onto the character.'”

>Conversely, the actress says female audiences have an easier time relating to characters across gender because they’re not as threatened.

>“Women are great at doing that. We see whoever is on screen and we recognize the human qualities in the man that we relate to and there’s not such a gap, but for some reason there’s some kind of barrier there where [men] are like, ‘I don’t want to relate to a girl. I don’t want to, I don’t want that,’ which I think is inherently part of the problem.”

>“If I asked a young boy what superhero they looked up to, I feel a lot fewer would say a female one or would ever use an example of a female one, than in reverse, which is a shame because I feel like we need to live in a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes women as much as men,” says Watson, an ambassador for the U.N.’s HeForShe initiative, seeking to inspire more men to be supportive of feminism. “I hope that — I think — that’s starting to slowly change, but it is something that does actively need to be addressed.”

ew.com/movies/2017/02/22/emma-watson-urges-boys-to-stop-closing-their-minds-to-female-heroes/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fkKb7F7MOBo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you think she'd ever allow refugees to stay in her house?

>female hero
When are they going to understand that women are the reason men become heroes. That in itself is something

way to redpill me on Emma Watson.

>fuck
>fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

we dont need new heroes fighting the same fight. we need the right heroes fighting the good fight

>I feel like we need to live in a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes women as much as men
Cool. Now go mine some coal, you cunt.

i honestly fucking hate her. "oh boo hoo, us women are treated like shit in filming"
and yet she has millions of dollars

wasn't there a petition to send her to Calais?

This

These feminist cunts just can't accept the fact that traditional gender roles are FAR superior than this "empowering" bullshit. Men are superheroes, women take care of superheroes when they get hurt by supervillains. We should respect both of those roles, not mix them in an attempt to "empower" women.

Women are divinely human. their plight for equality sacrifices this

>im not saying women are better than men. both genders work in harmony.

>only 2

Oh fuck off.

Kill Bill is one of my favorite action movies of all time. It comes from a time when nobody gave a shit about the gender/race/whatever of the main characters.
Where did all this stupid drama over the race/gender of fictional characters come from over the past couple of years? Who really gives a shit?

This is not a new occurence. Ray Bradbury mentioned in one of his forewords that there was this particular women's group that took offense to one of his plays having a purely male cast. He told them to write their own plays.

>good goy
Kill Bill came after Charlie's Angels, the first of their plan.

The sexes are equal, let's all be proud of our differences. Men don't understand what is like to be a female. NOW NOW BOYS COME ALONG, YOU'RE NOT THINKING THE RIGHT WAY, UGH CAN'T YOU JUST CHANGE. I KNOW THE WAY ALL MEN THINK AND YOU SHOULD REALLY CHANGE, THAT IS IF YOU ARE NOT TOO DIM, HUEHUEHUE SUCH DIM LITTLE BOYS. NOW LET ME GET BACK TO BEING AS USEFUL AS A FART IN A WINDTUNNEL AHUEHUEHUE SO LONG FROM LITTLE MISS PRIM AND PROPER DELICATELY SCENTED FISHCUNT PASS THE FERRERO ROCHER YOU BLACK BASTARD

she still fails to see that saying things like this only reinforce the fact that women can only be seen as heroes if men allow it. if she wants to have more women heroes how about she takes some of her millions, sits down with a company, and designs some new goddamn heroes. it'll be interesting to see her reaction when she realizes her new empowered wymyn heroes don't sell at all because she drastically deviated from the selling formula all for the sake of muh empowerment. die of a heart attack watson

#HeForItForSheForWhat

Men don't relate to women because men have grown up and had to get a job

Fucking this.

If you want a film with an all black, female, gay, muslim, immigrant cast go and make one. Fuck Hollywood. Make the damn movie. Don't go crying to the media.

plan is to weaken men. only men can overthrow this corrupt system

>women first
>immigrants (lower IQ / kill culture)
>encourage men to get behind LGBTQ with hiring,protecting,supporting them

What, you mean like the men need to become heroes as an excuse to get out of the house? Ha! It's the way I tell 'em!

>because men have grown up and had to get a job
Yeah. Once upon a time maybe...

Fuck their plan. Kill Bill is a damn fun movie. Charlie's Angels is a steaming pile of dog shit though.

>I need more acting roles, I'm not nearly rich enough yet. Get on it, white boys

No morals are why men become geroes you cunt lapping faggot.

>that pic
she needs to cut her mustache or is it part of that new feminist look?

also there are indeed plenty of females I look up to but just fewer overall. For every one good female "hero" you have like 20-25 male ones. its down to the old hunter / gatherer shit.

I dont mind female heroes, i just mind the values females thinks makes them heroes.

>the hero we deserve,
>but not the one we need right now

>I feel like we need to live in a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes women as much as men
>I FEEL
>we NEED to
>Feel
>NEED

So we NEED this. She FEELS it. Fucking retarded liberal rich girl talking out of her overrated ass. She NEEDS to shut up and stick to her mediocre acting and modeling jobs. Fucking celebrities thinking they are philosophers.

I hear you guys eat cats. gross

Exactly. These people want to shove there notions down the throats of people. There's a reason why the prototypical character of the monomyth was Male and these people want to disregard that.

Sup Forums radicalized emma watson into a feminist by sexualising her when she was about 11. so good work guys.

no regrets

This is why hate will never win.

The truly creative, intelligent people on this earth are liberals. They have made, and control, the media and social media. We literally control speech and thought worldwide.

If - and it is a huge if - hate ever becomes powerful enough that it starts influencing people worldwide...we'll just shut it down. Remove that voice. Remove that opinion. The haters will cry about it for 10 minutes, and then forget about it. Example: Milo's Twitter ban.

If the scenario were reversed - which it wouldn't be, but let's pretend - we would have 50 news articles about it, trending articles, protests and more.

The left are simply more intelligent, more able, and ultimately...control the platform.

You have no chance in the long term. And I know the more intelligent among you know this. And it kills you. And it gives me life.

pffft. you're gross.

(((You)))

pick a side, Kim

either love trumps hate or youre better than us.

you cant do both. it hasnt been working

oh and "truly creative, intelligent people"

go fuck yourself. I sincerely hope your phone cracks today

>he likes it when it tickles

The funny part of it is that the normies banging on about female superheroes are so retarded they don't even know about the popular ones.

It's like they think there has to be some sort of funny business going on because the boys and men that actually buy comics determine who is popular, and if all those buyers are men well the heros are going to be men too.

Cont.

Actually if you think about it it's some absolutely insane arrogance. Almost like they are saying 'woah now, women are perfect amazing things who are supposed to be worshipped by everybody so why aren't ALL the popular people women? The men must be wrong, let's tell them they are wrong about what they like. But we'll wrap it up in manipulation and Machiavellian bullshit. I mean we have to, we are women!'

>but it is something that does actively need to be addressed
>(((need)))

>female superheroes

>absolutely insane arrogance

Welcome to women, their world revolves around their own vagina and how it can be leveraged.

>female superheroes

>if all those buyers are men well the heros are going to be men too.
yeah good point.

I do not read comics but I just referring to real women who I would consider role models. People like:
>Margrethe 2.
>Le Penn
>Pia Kjærsgaard
>Inger stoejberg
>Pernille vermund
and so on.

Emma Watson is self analyzing and she doesn't even realize it.

so sexy and masculine.

Today's revolutionaries, tomorrow's reactionaries.

So. A semi-literate teenager (!!) voicing opinions on how society works and how society should work, and how culture should change, and all that stuff, and the media making a fuss about it, people giving "support" and such.

In any other civilization, in any other era, this bitch would be smacked down for being such an arrogant, imbecile brat. "Opinions" were luxuries conceded to those that earned their right to hold them -- men that have gone through the hardships of war, a life in the deprivation in a monastery or study, or elders that have lived through three times the lifespan of most other adults around him; in summary, anyone for which opportunity and experience gave substance and fiber to their worldviews enough for them to be relevant and accurate to some degree.

And no such privilege were given to women, of course, since they neither truly cared for it in the first place -- they were busy enough taking care of their families and their children, which is a sacred duty in and of itself --, nor they were ever apt for discussion and intrigues and politics in general. It is not in their nature to be sensible, rational and cold-hearted in judgements and decisions, and their overall gullibility make them easy prey for manipulators and intellectual psychopaths.

But in our civilization, immaturity and arrogance of a teenager female celebrity apparently are the holiest of the virtues, the most delighting and craved for piece of wisdom. The ridicule of such a position should immediately punch any sane common-sense man in the very face. No much wonder why we're sprinting towards our own end.

this is pasta pls don't respond

>If you want a film with an all black, female, gay, muslim, immigrant cast go and make one. Fuck Hollywood. Make the damn movie. Don't go crying to the media.

It's been done by Malaysian film group Doghouse 73. Well, no gays in the movie, and the black guy is actually a brown guy, but there is a Muslim heroine who was dating an Asian guy:

KL 24: Zombies
youtube.com/watch?v=fkKb7F7MOBo

I don't get Asians who whine about lack of representation. We have an entire continent! Learn your ancestral language, if not, there is still subtitles.

Pure fucking projection. Women are the one who need to have a character like them to be engaged in a story. That's why twilight was so popular, because any woman could project herself on the nondescript main character. Men don't need to project themselves onto characters to be able to gain something from the story.

Wonder how long before she turns into a full blown dyke.

yeah, dunno what happened to it. Probably just got ignored by her.

>an ambassador for the U.N.’s HeForShe initiative, seeking to inspire more men to be supportive of feminism.
I'm offended by this white cisgender privileged woman acting like there is only 2 gender in 2017

underrated

>Wonder how long before she turns into a full blown dyke.
^ this

I think she has had a "nervous breakdown" or is headed for one in the near future.

Thanks for telling that men care about credibility and women are easily deluded

Female characters need to be better written.

Where are the paki raping squads when you need them.

Amen.

The problem is that if you write a realistic portrayal of a woman, you'll be accused of sexism and misogyny because women are emotional and weak. If you create a "stronk, empowered woman who don't need no man" it's a horrifically unrealistic Mary Sue and no one wants to watch it.

That's why you get so many stories where women are just decoration.

Based Luther agrees

Because men are admirable whereas women are largely not, and when they are in the "superhero" sense it's a woman acting like a man. same thing with "funny" women. they're just acting like men. even Christopher Hitchens said this

>FEMALE HEROSS
Am I doing it right?

>see whoever is on screen and we recognize the human qualities
So like, when women see Hilary Clinton they know for a fact there are no human qualities so they vote against or not at all for Hilary Clinton?