Executive Order Calling on Justice Department to Reduce Use of Private Prisons Rescinded

What does Sup Forums think of private prisons?

archive.is/H7csC

I hear they are shit to live in and even shittier to work in.

So, does a private firm pay for funds to build the prison and the operational costs are reimbursed by the feds/state ?

oh and also this triggers my /biz/ senses, will private prison stocks shoot up in the years to come?

can someone who own a private prison have it constructed as a confusing maze filled with booby traps?

i think they're shite

fuck em

that's retard pepe not autistic pepe

They'll be better under Trump.

They shouldn't be used. The state should assume all costs and responsibilities of the peope they incacerate.

Private prisons lobby to put more people in prison and to keep people in prison longer. Which has distorted our justice system.

this

>there should be for-profit prisons that get paid the more incarcerations there are

agreed

the power of the state should not be vested in private parties against citizens

I draw the line at mercenaries waging war on behalf of the state

Private prisons are good. In America we currently have a business out of keeping people in prison. We have a high recidivism rate because we don't focus on rehabilitating our prisoners.

>What does Sup Forums think of private prisons?

most places they shut them down, they aren't run as efficiently as state run prisons, they end up costing more because bean counters are morons who don't know how to deal with subhumans

Not to mention we can use prisoners for labor, paying them under minimum wage or even not pay them at all. We can undercut those union shits if we increase our prison count

They're horribly run. It's anecdotal but my uncle has worked almost his whole life as a prison guard/administrator and he said the difference is night and day.

Most private prisons are staffed by woefully untrained people who got into the field because they thought they'd be able to hurt people. The private status allows them to cover things up and some prisoners legitimately get railroaded because they're not liked.

Having private prisons is actually kind of a crazy idea when you think about it.

Privatizing any aspect of the criminal justice system is absolutely retarded.

There's already an incentive to arrest people en masse to appeal for more government money, throw the free market into the mix and shit gets even worse.

It's like libertarian retards who think privatizing police is a good idea.

"drain the swamp"

Totally against private prisons.

Wonder if the USA should rehab its prisoners since we see the success in other countries (I believe one is Sweden lmao) or would that be unAmerican big gov involvement? But it's for the greater good...

Didn't the prison population surge a lot during the Clinton-era because of the war on drugs?

If anything the state fucks over people more than the private industry

>Implying private prisons and law enforcement wouldn't have done the exact same thing

Remember when every shitty police department in the country wanted more funding after 9/11? It's the same principle. Just fuckheads following the money.

Private prisons can do no good, it doesn't even save the state money

I would argue that you could regulate a private prison system sufficiently. Obviously it isn't as-is, but with stricter guidelines and regular audits it could work.

>I would argue that you could regulate a private prison system sufficiently.

Not with lobbyists out the ass and 90% of the population not outraged about it.

The only way to make black people work.

Horrible decision. I'm sure there was a bunch of lobbying to make this happen.