Brit/pol/ - Damn Good Thrashing Edition

>Theresa May celebrates 'astounding' Copeland poll win
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39076844

>Jeremy Corbyn: 'I will not step down' over poll loss
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39075061

>Dithering while Labour burns
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4255142/Labour-HOLDS-Stoke-seat-UKIP-beaten.html

>UKIP's defiant leader Paul Nuttall clings on
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4255524/Ukip-leader-Paul-Nuttall-clings-despite-Stoke-defeat.html

>Humiliation for Jeremy Corbyn
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/24/humiliation-jeremy-corbyn-tories-take-copeland-labour-historic/

>Cryptic crossword No 27,129
theguardian.com/crosswords/cryptic/27129

>Nigel Farage's Piers Morgan Interview On Sex Life, Near-Death Experiences, Trump And Brexit
huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nigel-farages-piers-morgan-interview-on-sex-life-near-death-experiences-trump-and-brexit_uk_58aff274e4b060480e06a9ba?ir=UK Politics&utm_hp_ref=uk-politics

Hansard Committee Reports

>The process for exiting the European Union and the Government's negotiating objectives
publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201617/cmselect/cmexeu/815/81502.htm

>Brexit: the options for trade
publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201617/ldselect/ldeucom/72/7202.htm

>Brexit: future UK–EU security and police cooperation
publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201617/ldselect/ldeucom/77/7702.htm

>Brexit: UK-Irish relations
publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201617/ldselect/ldeucom/76/7602.htm

>European Scrutiny Committee - Wednesday 1 February 2017
parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/0d6145fa-5329-426d-8300-8eda8f215184

Written Transcript
data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/committeeevidence.svc/evidencedocument/european-scrutiny-committee/euuk-relations-in-preparation-for-brexit/oral/46706.html

Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=zedq1VhaS90

Other urls found in this thread:

publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201617/ldselect/ldeucom/76/7602.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=FjiBX9woNn4
youtube.com/watch?v=vx0NMzpRX4s
youtube.com/watch?v=LG6R-_lPQE4
youtube.com/watch?v=-xgodcJQAdM
theguardian.com/politics/2000/feb/26/labour.labour1997to993
theguardian.com/politics/2003/may/15/uk.labour
labour-uncut.co.uk/2010/09/21/david-miliband-has-won-says-dan-hodges/
thetab.com/uk/rhul/2017/02/17/spoke-royal-holloway-student-appeared-channel-4-news-discuss-alt-right-11911
samkriss.com/2016/08/04/dan-hodges-lost-in-reality/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

blair

bae

how come you're so interested in scottish nationalism? did you go canvasing for them or something?

AH I FUCKING HATE NORTHERNERS

VOTING FOR THEIR DESTRUCTION AS USUAL REEEEEE

How's it lads I asked the same question in Brit/pol/ last night at 3am I just wanted to ask again to get more opinions about the issue.

So what do you think about the CTA between Ireland and the U.K.? Do you think we should still have free travel between our countries and without passport checks after you leave the EU? We have had free travel for hundreds of years now but some politicians in Westminster want a hard border between the ROI and NI (terrible idea no one wants this)

I'm not sure how its legally possible to keep the free border.

How do EU migrants not just enter Britain through Ireland?

its cause he knows the SNP are a fucking cancr and the only way to remove them from power is to let Scotland go free.
Wait till it all goes tits up and the average Porridge Wog decides to vote properly.

A few reasons
1. Their spike to power was relatively quick once an opportunity arose, making it a very interesting case-study for other "outsider" parties.
2. They managed to kick the shit out of the lazy Scottish Labour party, who'd become bloated and entitled, and drifted "right" to counter the SNP's "something for nothing culture" only to get kicked even harder in the teeth.
3. Since it's in Scotland, there's a nice sort of distance where you can cheer the successes without suffering any of the defeats.
And all the little ways these interact. Things like winning a majority under a PR system give them a sort of underdog charm, though Sturgeon doesn't carry it as well as Salmond.

Also some other minor things like the possibility that Scotland voting to leave the UK could give us some fascinating chaos. The world still feels stagnant despite everything, so I'm always willing to throw more expensive china at the wall and see if that makes it less depressing.

I think we should have it, but I think it will be hard to achieve. I linked in the OP a committee report
>publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201617/ldselect/ldeucom/76/7602.htm
It highlights a lot of the challenges ahead, willingness on both sides is not the problem.

Corbyn is so useless, jesus christ
How the fuck has he managed to beat Brown, and fucking MILLIBAND of all people in being such a waste of parliamentary space

guardian cryptic

WTF R U AVVIN A LAFF M8?

it's not even fun, it's tortuous

telegraph may be a shit paper, but they know how to concoct a decent clue for 8 down

So is Brexit happening or not?

If Scotland becomes independent, the government will pretend they're like Sweden while the economy becomes like Greece

I wonder how Scottish politics would look after independence, since Labour/Conservatives/Lib-Dems would be cut off from UK-Wide funding by their wider party.

The free travel was in place hundreds of years before the European Union even existed.
Ireland has the toughest immigration in Europe, we are 98% white country I think youl be grand

How many times have you asked this now?

Why not just leave the EU so we can create our own club of shiggy countries lad

it'll be fun finding out!

Sure it'll be utter chaos and there will be massive bungling mistakes, but what better way to learn to fly that to throw yourself at the deck as hard as you can and hope you can miss.

I think it'll be good if for no other reason than it'll starve out all the workshy NEETS and those stuck on Bennies.
When the money dries up to pay for plebs on the dole, plebs on the dole will need to either become citizens or starve.

I agree, but I prefer the presentation of the Guardians puzzles.

reliable as ever

Never trust a cunt who wears a T shirt under a suit jacket.

I'd kind of like an independent Scotland to establish it's own currency.
We meme about currency value, but the idea of a low-value Scottish pound to encourage exports would be a very appealing experiment. (And maybe mean they don't have to kill doleys, just doleys can only buy Scottish made products.)

>Comrade Corbyn, the most unfavourable Labour leader ever is in charge of the party
>Stoke-on-Trent voted 70% to Leave during the Brexit referendum
>Gareth Snell, the Labour MP for Stoke despised Brexit and called it a steaming pile of shit
>The leader of UKIP himself, Paul Nuttal, goes to contest the Stoke by-election
>He doesn't even come close to unseating the Labour MP

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
HOW WILL BRITBONGS EVER RECOVER?

There is a new political party who wants an Irexit but the Irish people don't. We benefit too much from the EU and are relatively happy. We aren't one of those countries who gets bossed around by Germany we tell them to go fuck themselves on a regular basis on issues like refugee quota and corporation tax.

Sorry I didn't see that, very good share thank you

If you're a billionaire and you're giving money to charity you're a mug unless its for tax breaks, when you have that much money you can do something that matters with it, not just pay cucks at a charity to waste your money.

>misleading bbc graph

>get called racist in greggs
>walk into greggs next door
>get called a racist again

It's our year lads

What's the conclusion then?
Was graph made in February 2016 or something?

Oh boy I wish I had stayed up to experience the mood on brit/pol/ when Nuttall lost.

Harry Potter wouldn't have said that. He'd have said how kind she was.
You're not Dumbedore.

no one really expected him to win so it was sombre but not noteworthy

yktd was depressed though

You sure lad

nice meme

Comfy af

Wait till we're our of the EU, the polish will go somewhere else.

I really want to keep the CTA, for starters because not having it would fuck over the north and also because I like Ireland. It'll be tough to do so, but really we should be able to do it

What a based flag. Kinda like Kernow (Cornwall) with downs

PozzedSNP is legit atrocious. The SNP is a result of the MI5 subversion back in the 80s
Scotland under the SNP:
>ethnically and racially diverse
>religious freedom
>National Race Relations Act
>SNP led
>civic nationalism
>free education
>Euro as a currency
>EU member
>nuclear free zone
>has a refugee settlement programme
>dysgenic in nature - retards, drug addicts and scum are encouraged to breed by the welfare state
SnG and SU vision
>Racially and ethnically homogenous Scottish Scotland.
>Anglos and Irish Catholics - expelled
>Catholics, Jews, Mudslimes, coons, asians - expelled and banned
>By Constitution white settlers/tourists/workers can't make up more than 3% of the population
>firearms for loyal citizens that pledge allegiance to the High Scottish Race
>elected King
>King and warrior elite rules the country
>loyal armed Racial Patriots protect the Scots from the potential state abuse
>nuclear deterrent that can turn USA, China or Russia into a wasteland
>Scottish pound
>mandatory eugenics

That was before you had an open border to Europe though

Interesting. I haven't followed it at all. I thought he was the favourite at one point.

Fuck, is it even worth backing UKIP anymore?

The UKIP candidate for Copeland was QT

>voting

>that pic

Millennial Woes is right. The Left have no self-awareness whatsoever.

>population increases every year
>use applicants per 100,000 to suppress graph and to hide earlier peaks in migration relative to population total
>rely on people not reading and thinking sweden only took 1000 people
>only record asylum "applications," not actual people crossing your borders

Muslim voter fraud still going strong.

>I thought he was the favourite at one point.

yeah early on he had a chance because stoke is one of the lowest turnout areas in the country so labour support might not materialise but the turnout was reasonable (~40%) and all the gaffes just compounded to make him a bit of a joke, tories did surprisingly well in stoke and only came third by like 100 votes

We don't have an open border with anyone except the UK. We have immigration control where passports is needed and we check their bags to see if the cunts are here to stay and if they are we send em back home in a dingy

Any suggestions on what i should spend my Brexit money once your country has paid the 60 trill?

A plane ticket to the UK.

>low value scottish pound
Mate, that would mean the cost of Buckfast skyrocketing. Would never happen

Why do you lie subhuman taig?
youtube.com/watch?v=FjiBX9woNn4
youtube.com/watch?v=vx0NMzpRX4s
youtube.com/watch?v=LG6R-_lPQE4
youtube.com/watch?v=-xgodcJQAdM

found another one

Ok

Everyone ITT needs to know some facts about the Stoke By-Election.

1. Labour lost 2% of their vote share
2. UKIP gained 2% vote share
3. Stoke has been a Labour safe seat since the 50s
4. The only party that gained a huge swing INSIDE A LABOUR SAFE SEAT was the Lib Dems
5. If UKIP get a 2% vote share increase in their target seats such as Thurrock they will win quite a few in 2020

TL;DR Stop being surprised UKIP lost a by-election in a Labour safe seat full of Thatcher hating tards.

matchsticks to prop up the EUs collapse once the Netherlands and France pull the fuck out.

Now back to work there Hans

No problem. I think Ireland leaving the EU would be a totally different kettle of fish, because of the Euro. I don't think the adoption of the Euro is reversible (or at least within tolerable political parametres).

A man who burned the Islamic holy book in his backyard has been charged with blasphemy, in a move his lawyer speculates was driven by fear of Muslim extremists. The attempted prosecution is the first of its kind in nearly 50 years.

The 42-year-old man from Jutland uploaded video footage of a Quran being lit on fire, which he posted to a Facebook group called ‘Yes to freedom – no to Islam’ in December last year.

“It is the prosecution’s view that circumstances involving the burning of holy books such as the Bible and the Quran can, in certain cases, be a violation of the blasphemy clause, which covers public scorn or mockery of religion,” said chief prosecutor Jan Reckendorff in a statement.

“It is our opinion that the circumstances of this case mean it should be prosecuted so the courts now have an opportunity to take a position on the matter.”

The defendant’s lawyer, Rasmus Paludan, said that his client had burned the Quran in self-defense, asserting that the Islamic holy book “contains passages on how Mohammed’s followers must kill the infidel, i.e. the Danes”.

“Therefore, it’s an act of self-defense to burn a book that in such a way incites war and violence,” he told the New York Times.

======

What a mess...

You have an open border to Europe. A quick passport check doesn't mean much.

/his/ turned out to be alright. They gave me a list of basic philosophical stuff to start with before getting on to Heidegger

We must invest in technology to develop:

>A Stargate
or
>Teleportation device.

It's the only way I see things working.
Also:

You will be flooded with top EU pussy along the border so you Irish will have a great time.

R8 my meme lads

When will she put her foot down and take over?

>all those pakis

QUINTESSENTIALLY POTATO

>Last time government took a seat from opposition in a by-election was in 1982.

Kek

I like Corbyn, but he has played to the university student crowd, and he is suffering the consequences.

Ah Israel are you still pissed we taught the PLO how to blow up your army
Don't worry the IEDs only hurt for a little while

Sensible moderates ftw!

Pay no attention to the disillusionment behind the curtain!

theguardian.com/politics/2000/feb/26/labour.labour1997to993
>Many Labour MPs have complained to Millbank that the party's "fortresses" are feeling neglected because of Downing Street's apparent disregard for their efforts and its habit of distancing itself from Labour's core beliefs.
theguardian.com/politics/2003/may/15/uk.labour
>But after 20 years the former parliamentary candidate has come to a dramatic decision. His voice shaking with anger, he vows: "For as long as Tony Blair leads the party, I will not vote for Labour."

>meanwhile the crucifixion being dropped in barrels of piss is "art" and tours the country

this man leads a tragic existence

What is it with Blairites and a complete lack of political acumen?

>present the evidence of the Irish genocide
>somehow I am pissed

>tripfags bothering to stick around for discussion here on a regular basis

what do you do with your lives

Well last night was truly disappointing, one can only hope that their either get their shit together, in a big way very soon, or they just make way for a new party.

Either way will be a lot less invested in politics emotionally from now on.

wish there were more threads about the uk on Sup Forums lads

instead of everything being thrown in here and it being uncomfy as shit

labour-uncut.co.uk/2010/09/21/david-miliband-has-won-says-dan-hodges/

i want to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're just being disingenuous and "on message" but christ almighty

nuds plz of queenie

An island of relative civility in a sea of shit.

I could just drive to Eastern Europe if i wanted to visit a 3rd world shithole
I might still have some pound notes legt from my last trip to Scotland...matchsticks will be much more valuable by then

Sadly never, she is to class an act. That nonce Charles though, he will be blundering into politics when he is King.

They don't have lives, hence why they tripfag in these threads, it's the only thing they have left.

Turns out that autistic libertarian made the news again.

thetab.com/uk/rhul/2017/02/17/spoke-royal-holloway-student-appeared-channel-4-news-discuss-alt-right-11911

I like the Tory candidate, she looks like a dominatrix.

>He can't SEE into the future.

If you squint hard enought, this should do the trick.

>discussion here
Actual discussion here stopped when people tried to make Brit/pol/ live beyond major political events.

What happens when we end up with a partisan head of state? constitutional crisis? Scandal?

>Diana joke spotted.

She's p hot actually

Is it my imagination or are Englishmen always the best posters on Sup Forums? Even outside of Brit/pol/ I often see threads filled entirely with screeching and shitposting except for a few sensible English posts

I'm talking about shit as small as this

even if it wasnt made by him, exactly what audience will you be getting for your time

samkriss.com/2016/08/04/dan-hodges-lost-in-reality/
>Call me a totalitarian or an old-fashioned culture-grouch, but I think anyone who refers to ‘Amazon’s Man in the High Castle‘ should have all their writing fingers snapped.
KEK

Reminder that you bigots don't say shit irl

Parliament still has the power over the Crown's finances. So if the Sovereign doesn't play nice, I'm sure a Parliament shake down of their money might do the trick.

Just stay in Germany if you want to experience the third-world. God knows it's got the appropriate demographics now.