Transformation From a Libertarian to a Fascist

How many of you guys in the past five years have grown from right-wing libertarians to damn near fascists? My dad showed me this article and I think describes me, and probably a lot of you on here, pretty well. Forget the fact that it's Scarborough.

realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/02/23/morning_joe_panel_have_conservatives_been_radicalized_by_progressive_consensus.html

>students with mainstream conservative beliefs get ridiculed and shunned
>conservative students feel that no matter what, their opinion will be laughed at or hated
>those conservative students then start to base their beliefs on the hatred of the Left and everybody in the Left
>they then turn to radical beliefs to fight off the Leftist cancer

Other urls found in this thread:

nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/andrew-sullivan-the-white-house-mole.html
youtube.com/watch?v=y-Yszp3SmxE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would say that describes me pretty well. I began visiting Sup Forums as a libertarian and have started gravitating to extreme views.

That's the thing, for libertarianism to work there must be fascism beforehand to weed out undesirables, build military, etc. Fascism kills the nightmare, libertarianism builds the dream, so to speak.

I've began to realize this. I've come to realize that libertarianism is too idealistic to work in a society full of degenerates and thiefs. In order for libertarianism, and freedom in general, to work, morals and discipline need to be instilled in the American populace.

this

I'd say so many in America are no longer lolbertarians because it seems that at the moment they have some weird fucking priorities. They seem fine with opening the floodgates to mass immigration while america is currently a welfare state, they seem to turn a blind eye to regulation when it comes to environmentalism and they dont even seem to be massively pro 1st or 2nd amendment. I mean wtf lolbertarians

Here's the article that the RCP article is referencing. The part about Stephen Miller is the good stuff.

nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/andrew-sullivan-the-white-house-mole.html

Yep. Gary Johnson didn't even seem like a libertarian. He just seemed like a moderate democrat.

If the libertarian party had Rand or some shit as their candidate last year, they would've gotten 30% of the vote. But no, they went for Gary "DUDE WEED WHAT'S A LEPPO" Johnson.

pic related sums up the world today

Rand would've been 1000x better than Johnson.

It's only fascism if you want to force lefties to adopt your views. If you only dump them all into Mexico and Califormia, then wall them off, it's 100% libertarian.

I moved from basic bitch neocon goper to somewhere around the altright.

Main influence was from the left, which argues that whites are unconsciously racist, that liberty, individualism, science, rule of law, rationality, etc. are white characteristics. I'm been convinced they're right, these things are indeed implicitly white.

This. We're just removing them from our property

No, its a cycle. The libertarians get just enough authoritarian to remain cucked once things get comfy again.

you don't quite get it. Morality and discipline cannot be sustained in a libertarian society. Libertarianism, as an intrinsically individualist ideology, will inevitably incentivize the abandonment of the nuclear family.

Few people are actually fascists here, at least a minority, probably not more than 15%. By that I mean actual historical fascism.
What you are probably describing as """fascism""" is a law and order state that explicitly sees anti-property and anti-nation movements as enemies of the people. Things that would make Lee Kuan Yew, Salazar or Chiang Kai Check """fascist""".

Just like you can castle doctrine any fucker that points a loaded gun at you in the middle of the street, not waiting for him to shoot, we may want to throw leftists out of helicopters before they destroy our countries.

The "libertarian" party was a mistake.
Libertarians should increase their presence in the republican party profiting form the gradual purge of the remaining neocons over the next few years.

I would never do that. I've always been a libertarian and I'll probably always be one.

The addiction to state power is a disease like any other, it could cripple you or be cured. A right-wing authoritarian government is the initial stage of that disease. It doesn't cause you much harm and you probably won't even know you have a disease until it starts really hurting you. It may even help you in some regards, like some diseases that make you lose weight, but ultimately it is going to hurt you.

We all know that eventually, the state won't be happy with the amount of power they have and they will seek more power at the cost of your personal liberties, just because you told them it was okay to do so (even if it was just a small amount of personal liberties at the beginning).

Asking for a bigger government to fight the leftists is a purely reactionary move, and just because you're "less wrong" than they are, it doesn't mean you're right.

With all that said, if I was American I would have voted for Trump simply because the Libertarian party is a joke. Trump is more of a Libertarian than Mr. A. Leppo.

>How many of you guys in the past five years have grown from right-wing libertarians to damn near fascists?
not yet but im thinking about it everyday

I was a libertarian.

Then I watched an old man get dragged from his car and beaten by blacks for having a trump sticker on his car.

Then I watched a blonde girl in her teens get maced and beaten for wearing a MAGA hat.

Then I watched a man go to jail for pulling a gun on a crowd of people armed with blunt objects from flags to crowbars advancing on him.

And they wonder why I'm a fascist now.

vid related: youtube.com/watch?v=y-Yszp3SmxE

yep same

The non aggression principle is an excuse for weakness. Libertarianism is built on a lie. Men are not created equal so our governments shouldn't operate on the basis of equality for all.

This is literally the communist transitional phase argument.

"Just hand us absolute power and you'll have a stateless utopia in no time."

Fascists aren't communists. There is historical president for fascist regimes to transition to market democracies. See Pinochet and Franco.

I hate moralists in general, but the changes the leftist moralists want to make kill the Republic while the changes the rightist moralists want to make just make my life more inconvenient and I still get to keep my money.

Back when I was first becoming politically aware, I sided on the right wing because I saw the left as anti-theist/atheistic. So basically I was right wing out of concern for religion even though I wasn't, and still am not very religious. (though I'm trying to change that). I also don't like the idea of legalizing pot and I saw leftists as disgusting people.

So basically I was a cuckservative. Back circa 2010-2012 I started browsing Sup Forums and I became much more right wing. Especially when the how Tumblr gender/identity politics starting coming out, I legitimately started considering fascism.

Then in 2016 I started listening to Styxhexenhammer666 which made me appreciate libertarianism much more. Under the idea, that in the long run, expansion of government powers for right moral laws will inevitable legitimize left wing moral laws, it makes sense to say that in the long run that morality doesn't matter in government. However, Styx recently admitted that he draws a moral line against pedophiles with his video about Milo. Not that I disagree with him, but it made me realize that everyone has their moral "limit". Styx is naturally left-wing which is why he doesn't support right wing moral laws. I realized then that there no reason to change my limit for moral rules in exchange for someone else's moral limit.

Then starting this year, 2017, perhaps a month or so ago I started listening to the lectures of Jordan Peterson. I'm only starting to realize the importance of Christianity and the limits of rationalism. My world view is starting to change again, diving itself into the depths of Hell, and I'm not sure what will come out. I've now made attempts to actually go to church. I went to mass last week.

I'm still right-wing all around, though I can't really pin point an ideology to follow anymore. I appreciate fascism, libertarianism, classical liberalism, paleoconservatism. I dislike Neocons, they're just awkward and inauthentic people I find.

See Except you can add Portugal, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Greece, Hong Kong, Peru and probably Ireland to the list.

Ironically the left's obsession with putting people into groups means I now judge everyone on race and sex before anything else.

Shit is going to backfire horribly.

>I also don't like the idea of legalizing pot and I saw leftists as disgusting people.
In theory im for the legalization but I hate the left so fucking much that I enjoy it being illegal and I would even vote for it to remain illegal. I hate them so much I have having common ground with them rubs me the wrong way

I fucking hate leftists, democrats, and kikes. I am still a libertarian, though.
I think using sthe state for culture war is okay, then slowly abolish it and create small monarchies which freely compete among themselves.

The NAP means that if you are attacked, you are allowed to use any amount of force you deem necessary without repercussions.
No weakness there. We also hate welfare and the state, which help weak people.
Anyone who can't make it on his own will be drawn to those who can, creating organic monarchies.
If that ain't based enough for you, you're getting a helicopter ride.

>you can't be both traditionalist and anarc-

modern conservatism and mainstream libertarianism are both based on Marxism in the same way that Satanism is based on Christianity
conservatives accept that communism is inevitable but position themselves as the opposition and do a shit job of it because they've already admitted defeat in their own minds. Meanwhile, LP libertarians concede social change to the left while seeking to revert economic change. Both of these ideas are doomed to fail because their loser ideologies. Accepting that your opponent is correct and must win dooms you to failure, which is why mainstream conservatism and libertarianism must be destroyed by either fascism or Hoppean libertarianism which does not accept a Marxist historical view as true

Get on the program.

ayy famalam
Good to see someone with similar views.

get

fuck

Where's that image of natsoc in private, libertardian in public when I need it?

What? The liberal extreme was not a growing problem as well?

This is absolutely cherry picked.

This is a pretty scary view the left is forcing young conservatives and right wing libertarians into. We're living in a society where people will look down on your opinion and I fear that the new generation will go down this road if the left keeps doing this and America will become like Rome. That's something that really concerns me and we have to make sure this doesn't happen

a large enough group of people can only be suppressed for so long
social unrest is probably the least we'll see once the backlash begins

Holy fuck. This.

>libertardian
it appears our superiority has lead to some controversy

That's true and how things are escalating since Trump is in office and nobody will know what the future will hold for generation z

it's too late it got coopted by leftist cucks good luck seeing anyone like rothbard or hoppe every again in the party