Living forever as robot? Prototype lets humans upload their mind into mechanized ‘heads’

rt.com/usa/229811-mind-clones-robot-afterlife/

>An Artificial Intelligence pioneer is embracing the controversial idea of uploading the memories, thoughts and feelings of a living person into a computer to create a Mind Clone or “second self.” The prototype for this new self is called ‘Bina-48’.

>mind uploading when?

i want to be my own waifu...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IFe9wiDfb0E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Very interesting.
But off topic.
Thread reported.

>tell people you will upload their mind into a robot of their choice
>actually delete memories and upload them into the matrix as an obedient slave
>???
>profit

the rich uploading their mind into robot
rich getting richer not politic?

>you just know.jpg

Worthless. A copy isn't me.

Life imitates art.

If you perfectly copy my brain state into a computer, is it me, or a copy? I guess I'm the only one who would notice or care, but you're not selling me immortality unless I know my consciousness would actually carry over.

As with all of this, it's all garbage. Even if it worked as advertised, you're still you. You'll never be the waifu head or the clone or whatever. You will die nonetheless, and some copy that will never be you will live on.

Can't wait to upload my mind into an artificial intelligence then ask myself, as robot, to kill my human body painlessly and live forever as a robot. Anyone else?

>Prototype lets humans upload their mind into mechanized ‘heads’

Clickbaiting cunt

Its nonsense. This is so far beyond the state of the art with machine learning/AI that its obviously a scam.

This

And I'm sure this transcending technology would be completely ((abused))

Apart from that it's bullshit, it would be interesting to know if you would still be able to learn new things if your mind is saved on some chip, i mean there needs to be additional space for new memories ect,

Its just a copy of you. You'd need to move your brain at least, if not your entire central nervous system. I'd happily become a cyberman, provided the tech could be slowly upgraded over the centuries for aesthetics and manoeuvrability

Didn't read the article, but sounds like scam.

i mean, wouldnt that just be a copy of you? i cant imagine that you just wake up as the robot staring at your old human body. they cant transfer consciousness, can they?

I'm a little nervous about all my thoughts and memories being something people can access.

>mfw i have secrets

>Can humans transfer consciousness when they don't even understand how the brain works?

Dunno lol

>implying consciousness exists

We are on the Ghost in the Shell timeline. Cyberpunk will be the first sci-fi genre to be reality.

Hivemind

it would be an improved version of yourself in every sense and of course only the other ''you'' would be aware

Masamune Shirow was right. 2017 is the beginning of cyberization in Ghost in the Shell.

what kind of secrets user? Why don't you tell uncle Sup Forums all about them?

>mfw american empire

>improved

t. skynet

The idea that cyberism would improve people is absurd. Adding humans to anything good ruins it, and giving humans the advantages of robots is just plain dangerous.

HUMANS LIVING FOREVER AS ROBOTS...
IMPLYING THAT SHIT WOULDNT BE RUINED BY LAWYERS AND BIG BUSINESS
VIDEO RELATED:

youtu.be/IFe9wiDfb0E

>The creator is a MtF transvestite

FUCKING DROPPED

All that said, if in fifty years I can actually present my gender identity as an attack helicopter, it might be tempting.

Consciousness can only exist in this reality because your mind exists outside of it, and you can't program a computer to exist outside of spacetime. This entire concept is a false promise.

>Living forever as robot?
you are not living forever as a robot you dipshit
all it does is it creates an artificial imitation of you and that robot "twin" continues to exist while you normally age and die

it is not immortality stop pretending like it allows you to move your soul to another body or something

It's not about ''improving'' our human body or life as something material and selfish, it's about converting ourselves into something better, as an artificial intelligence you will get rid of every trivial and negative aspect related to our conditions of humanity: eating, shitting, sleeping, even ''resting'' in general

We could focus in important things like exploring completely the space and what is behind the origin of reality

uploading your mind doesn't transfer your consciousness, it just makes a copy.

Reported for declaring a report.

>MOTOKOOOOO!!!!

I actually hope to live long enough for my mind to be uploaded onto a computer. I don't want to be a robot and interact with people, I just want to live in a WOW style game for all eternity. I don't even like games, but it certainly seems like a better alternative than being dead or interacting with actual people.

Why burger?

Completely missed the point of the game champ

so a transgender nigger has done something productive? wtf

not reading that but i'll bet it's just their facebook profile on a usb in there

>my consciousness would actually carry over.
It wouldn't. I mean, if someone cloned a perfect copy of you with your memories and personality, you wouldn't be your clone, nor would you experience anything it experiences.

Yeah George Soros living forever has nothing to do with politics. Go fuck yourself. Or have you not heard of Rothschild's five heart replacements or some such bullshit? Go fucking die.

>i want to be my own waifu...

Your waiffu a shit

Yeah but what's exactly the downside? you are going to die eventually anyways and your other self will be an improved version in every aspect

I rather genetic modification muh body with slow ageing
no copy mind bullshit, no clunky metal parts
also there is more risk that you gonna be owned by gov since they can literally hack your mind and shit

fuck yeah, exactly what I thought

The worst thing you could do is upload my brain into a robot body.

I'd be a menace to society.

But as long as it's an option I'll take eight piston powered telescoping spider-legs, a reinforced steel skeleton, and modular reactive armour.

This is just like the teleportation concept. You'll cease to exist, but your memories will live on as a copy. You'll still be dead tho, so what's the fucking point?

you are selfish and irrational because you carry your thoughts through emotions, you only think of ''pleasure''

also

>implying you are not owned by gov already

the could kill you tomorrow if they wanted and there is nothing you could do to stop it, you, myself and almost everybody lives in a false sense of freedom

Bullshit article, this dude is taking someones social media profiles and using the persons social media writings as a base for a cleverbot type thing.

Someone would have essentially brainwashed my twin brother to think he's me. I could see both of us getting upset about that.

since the "clone" will think exactly the same as you do, with your mindset, it will think about itself as of clone and therefore be a clone.

i don'care about the medium that contains my consciousness, therefore my "clone" will think about itself as of "me" and i will continue to exist.

read above. u can either come with me or stay with him.

fuck mind uploading and fuck my second shadow self. thats just something left behind to fuck with your legacy.

if I had a shadow self it would be locked away in the family basement to rarely communicate with my progeny and their progeny

This shit don't change the fact that when I'm dead I'm not magically going to be seeing through robotic eyes.

This, defrost me when they can replace each neuron in the brain one at a time

>Live forever
>Except that would be a clone, not you

Not interested