Sam Harris Opinion

What does Sup Forums think about Sam Harris?

jew

/thread

Correct about Islam. Wrong on everything else.

False about even islam.

He doesn't understand that truth is utility.

He's like that comedian you think could be really good but he's hell-bent on keeping his act "clean" in order to keep get the high-paying gigs.

Liked by idiots. Seriously its a good test to know if somebody is a retard or not : ask if he likes sam harris

Whats he wrong about?

How so?

Living proof that intelligent people can be just as susceptible to the same emotional bullshit that stupid people are.

I see people saying that, but not giving a reason, which makes me think that they're just saying it b/c they're on Sup Forums

far below average intelligence

Prove it

I love his writings and thoughts on Islam, martial arts, free will, and just about every other topic minus Trump.

annoying (((vegan))) fag who tried to hop on the dawkins atheism train a bit late

His podcast is pretty nice to listen to sometimes. Some of the discussions are really interesting and enjoyable. Nothing terribly profound, but I like to have them on in the background while I'm working.

I like him. Even if he disagrees, he at least gives the opposing view a fair hearing.

He has a good calm and rational style and can explain himself very clearly.

People who don't like him are just butthurt that he proved they're retarded.

see his joe rogan podcast appearance where he humiliates himself with his retarded take on lying

I agree with him on a lot of things but jesus Christ he went full autistic screeching against President Trump.

I don't possess the free will needed to have an objective opinion on the matter.

FWIW, I think he picks a too easy target (religion) for his level of smarts.

Wrong about Trump, reasonable about everything else.

Same here. Its like Molyjew or Sargon. I like to hear their opinion on topics in general. Harris gives the impression of having a far more neutral stance on most topics, whch is nice, but made him unbearable on trump topics.

Molyjews anarcholib insertions are annoying as hell and Sargon is dishonest as fuck in most debates but it activates my almonds listening to other views on topics.

he's not that smart he could barely debate deepak choprah and he literally just spews random 3 syllable words out.

>dude AI lmao

He claimed that only muslims do suicide bombings in the middle east, an actual expert in arabic corrected him at some conference by pointing out that christians suicide bombers exist. He also shills for israel nonstop, believes the official 911 story, etc

that's ben stiller

Islamic terrorism is a meme.

Are there radicals that want to destroy the west?

Suppose that there are. Can we devise a way that they could achieve it?

Let's give Sam the benefit of the doubt. Islamic radicals are real, but we won't pretend that they are intelligent, have access to funds, etc. So we'll only stick with methods of taking down the west you can do on a budget and read about in the paper.

Look at the Gatlinburg fire a few months ago. Could kids with a box of matches caused about $1B in property damage goofing around.

What you should realize reading a story like this is that islamic radicals (if they were real) can simply stop by their local gas station, buy some gas and matches, then go start setting all our forests on fire. With old beat up cars that don't have tracking systems in them and no cell phones on them, they can start dozens of major fires before being tracked down.

So it is easy to see how a handful of radicals, if they were real, could cause trillions of dollars of damage. Realistically, they are going to knock out the power grid too. Major crucial lines run through forests of course. So the power grid is going down, and not coming back up anytime soon. Food spoils in grocery stores across the country. TVs don't come on anymore, and it is very hard to calm public panic.

It isn't hard to see how the US government collapses. A few kids with a couple hundred bucks have the power to collapse the US government.

So is islamic terrorism real?

Obviously not, because your government is still standing.

Sam is too stupid to not know this, hence he is a liar.

pic related, stolen from /lit/

>muh "if we were terrorists, you'd be dead"

fuck off shill.

Powerless and impotent. Can't influence anyone with his opinions because of his cowardice.

But peterson wouldn't use sam's definition either.

The conversation had no way to continue unless they agreed on what words mean.

listen to him talk about trump. he is a master of dressing up bullshit. he is nothing more than an intellectual peacock

Not an argument.

Harris said in a recent podcast flat out that we should be inviting 'moderate' Muslims into our country so we can socially engineer their religion into a correct form and then release them out to influence other muslims. Can you get anymore jew than that?

peterson was the one trying to make a point and have a productive discussion. sam only wanted to "win" the argument

What the fuck are you talking about? Why are you focusing on one unrelated example of kids setting fires and claiming that since they inadvertently caused a lot of property damage, no Islamic-motivated terrorist attacks have ever happened. Your argument is refuted by reality shill

they should have tabooed the word "truth" and kept going

>Sam is too stupid to not know this, hence he is a liar.
.....too stupid to not know. Say again?

You can't have a discussion if one side doesn't know what the other means when they speak.

Even after the 2 hour discussion, jordan still hadn't clearly fleshed out the idea he had.

He didn't give harris a straight answer on the challenges harris laid out to him. He just said "these are good criticisms".... But he didn't lay out a clear distinction.

>believes the official 911 story
I don't like Harris in some regards, but 911 "truthers" are some of the fucking worst people ever. That shit belongs on

>they should have tabooed the word "truth" and kept going
ya, perhaps

>your government
>in America himself

You have to go back Muhammed

What you would like to call "islamic terrorism" is more properly termed false flag terrorism. The CIA runs ISIS, their fighters get medical care in Israel. ISIS exists only because the west created it and supports it.

Islamic terrorism is simply a meme to obscure the actual originators of terrorism, primarily western intelligence services.

Although ISIS as a western proxy is thoroughly documented and indisputable, my point in the original post is that we need not even investigate it to know it. That's because IF jihadis were real, THEN your government would be collapsed. Your government persists, therefore there are no jihadis. And of course everything you will investigate is perfectly consistent with this picture, as it must be because the logic is sound, i.e., ISIS being a proxy army rather than an islamic one.

I either love or hate him on an issue by issue basis.

He´s kind of right on one thing. Quite the intellectual.

This

The problem is you have no proof that ISIS is completely funded by the west and operating solely under Western direction. We're not the only ones who are being attacked by their jihaad. Not every bad thing that happens is a false flag operation. This might be hard to hear, but there are shitty people with shitty ideologies out there doing shitty stuff. They haven't collapsed our government because we live on the other side of the world and have superior strength, technology, numbers, tactics, funding, and stability.

Doctrinaire leftist pretending to be common sense centrist.

Of course I have proof: your government still exists.

If there were a handful of legitimate jihadis among ISIS, that wouldn't be true.

And of course we're only talking about ways of toppling the west that were plastered on the front pages for days. I'm not trying to give them ideas or anything. The task of toppling entire societies is obviously much easier with a little cleverness, money, etc.

We don't need to go there though, because your position crumbles without even ascribing intelligence, financial resources, etc.

How does my position crumble? You're asserting that the only way Islamic terrorism can exist is by them completing their goals. Did you know Nazis never existed? They wanted to control the entire world and establish a pure race. But they couldn't do it so therefore Nazis aren't real. Hey look here are some loose connections and vague, out-of-context documents that allude to an unrelated motive and funding source...hmmm - what's more likely? That this group had a violent and evil/selfish worldview and they lost the draw? Or can I point to conspiracy bullshit and assign the burden of proof onto the more logical explanation? Hmmmm

Too arrogant to enjoy listening to

Haha, I'm going to enjoy killing you people.

Very intelligent, but a lot dumber than he actually believes himself to be.

Anti trump retard jew

See I'd like to add that Jordan's grandiloquence of looking at the "big picture" and his dismissal of Sam's "toy scenarios", which are a subset of the bigger picture, is not a compelling argument for his case. You could even say it's not an argument at all.
Linking the definition of truth to utility is clearly flawed. If it was solid, it should be universally applicable and easily tackle anything Sam throws at it. However, Jordan dropped his spaghetti as he stumbled through these toy scenarios just as much as Sam did "trying to win the argument".

T. Shlomo shekelsteinbergfeld

This

A true scholar and friend.