Why is American tipping culture so fucked?

Why is American tipping culture so fucked?

Why not just force business owners to pay them a decent wage so that the customer doesn't have to directly subsidize the salaries of employees?

But they do. Your inner Jüde just wants more money.

If you're in a 3rd country or something, a 20$ tip is more than a workers monthly wage, however.

at restaurants it keeps the waiter honest, so to speak. like if they fuck your order up, are rude, take too long to get drinks, etc. you cannot tip them. so it basically forces them to give good service.

the delivery is weird though, but theyd just charge more if tipping weren't a thing I think

and at bars it's good to tip because when its busy they will serve you first if they know you

>keeps the waiter honest
>forces them to give good service.

They should consider that part of the job or get fired. I don't see why they need a cash incentive hanging in front of them to do their job well. Restaurant managers are basically offloading their work on to customers.

>I don't see why they need a cash incentive hanging in front of them to do their job well.

That's how the free market fixes things, user.

T.I.P.

>To
>Insure
>Performance

Allowing the customer to tip the employee is the best way to make sure the employee is doing a good job. While the employer can make long-term assessments and change salary accordingly, tips make sure that good service is immediately rewarded.

If I'm having to police employees I want to be paid for being a manager.

It's the job of the manager to ensure proper service not the customer.

If they have bad service I never return and post a review explaining the bad service so other people know to stay away from that bad business.

Amerifags will never learn.. They got to many feels that get in the way of any progress. Sad.

>food service retards deserve 15 dollars an hour
No they dont, but if you do a good job I'll throw a ten your way so you can put it towards that bag of blow you're splitting with the cooks tonight

>Allowing the customer to tip the employee is the best way to make sure the employee is doing a good jo

So you tip your electrician, plumber, doctor, dentist and garbage collectors?

>just force business owners to pay them a decent wage

The mexicans sprinkling cheese are making a decent wage, what do pizza delivery men do but cost gas money? 6 years ago it cost a business more to deliver pizza because gas was $4+ a gallon.

Are they supposed to give them $15 an hour to read a GPS and bring cold food? fucking eurofags I swear. It's a teenagers job, not something to live on.

It's because most restaurants in NA fail within 2 years even while underpaying their employees due to a massive amount of supply and shirinking amount of demand due to low disposeable income

TIPS
To Insure Prompt Service.

Back in the day you gave a TIPS before ordering your meal.

If a normal white man with a wife and kids came by like in the picture, I would easily tip him.

But unfortunately most pizza deliverers are degenerates and non-whites.

Well people are lazy and this is a good way of getting lazy greedy people to provide good service.
Like it or not it's a fact

I don't tip.
There's no law forcing me to.

We live in a culture where money is used to enslave people, and for some reason Sup Forums is just fine with that because they've had libertarianism explained to them in a selective way that makes it sound like they'll be one of the few that don't end up starving to death.

These cucks don't remember the Company Stores of the 19th century.

The tipping system forces employees to work harder and offer better service to the customer.

Employers want the tipping system to exist because employees desperate to serve makes their business look good, meanwhile they dont have to pay their employees as much.

>at restaurants it keeps the waiter honest, so to speak. like if they fuck your order up, are rude, take too long to get drinks, etc. you cannot tip them. so it basically forces them to give good service.

Which would be fine if there were also checks and balances in place to ensure that customers are FORCED to give big tips for good service.

There shouldn't be a system put in place that benefits one greedy fatcat who sits and laughs and counts all the shekels his worker bees are busy making for him.

You wanna get rid of the Jews so you can become the Jew? Really?

And this is why tips are bullshit

No. Those are full salaried jobs. It doesn't matter if my plumber smiles at me while he fixes my shit. He doesn't have to go above and beyond to do his job well. Likewise with a doctor or garbage collectors. Waiters who take good care of you or cab drivers who help you with luggage deserve tips because they're doing something that's technically out of their job description but makes your life easier.

Federal law requires a restaurant to pay minimum wage to waiters if they prove they are not getting tips. Compared to a fast food gig, wait staff does well. Fuck, compared to a barback, dishwasher, or other semiskilled labor spot in a restaurant wait staff does better.

I worked waiting tables for a year. I made, on average, 15/hr (in 2003-4). It wasn't even a crazy nice place. And due to current ridiculous wage laws? I could get away with reporting minimum wage and pocket 8 bucks tax free plus get all my taxes back and gibs from the government (if I decided to ask for it).

It's fucking ridiculous. I tip for good service. Some dumb cunt who doesn't refill a glass, doesn't act right, etc.? Fuck em.

Yes, everyone except for the CEO is in constant desperation. This is an environment that doesn't breed hostility or anything.

And employees will remember. And you won't get special service. I worked at a pizza place and tips do matter. Everything from freshest dough to extra toppings was reserved for regulars who tipped well.

I thought the "new Swedes" weren't getting jobs.

I think (((CEOs))) are way over paid in America but someone that is working a minimum wage job should be worried for their job if they don't perform.

Because tipping incentivizes good service. Why don't you mind your own fking business?

How autistic do you have to be to complain about this? Suppose the 15 or 20 percent is added to the cost of everything like you say. You still pay the same. With tips you have the ability to pay more or less. It's a more personal thing than just paying the bill.

>Waiters who take good care of you or cab drivers who help you with luggage deserve tips because they're doing something that's technically out of their job description but makes your life easier.
Recognizing that the tip is a waiters sole income in the US, does this mean literally everything he does is technically out of his job description?

I get tips as a garbage collector, actually.

I wasnt implying it was the correct thing to do. its just how it is.

But, a standardized extra "amount" to be paid to a worker might actually be lower than what they could make from tips.
What people dont tell you is that lots of people do it, and the amount people tip fluctuates from very good to very poor, there are a lot of people who make decent money from tips, and if the gov't is to decide how much people should be making to cover the amount that they would make with tips, people might make less.

>America
>Force business owners to something
Nice try commie

We aren't forced to tip, moron. We can if we want to.

We're not greedy Euro kikes.