Do professional women's sports players deserve equal pay to men?

Do professional women's sports players deserve equal pay to men?

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/how-we-got-to-now/blogs/howwegottonext/is-gender-segregation-in-sports-necessary/
theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html
wearetennis.com/en_UK/#/2013/04/09/karsten-braasch-the-smoker-who-ridiculed-the-williams-sisters/1487
youtube.com/watch?v=XwzMJOhderk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow surprised that was allowed to be printed.

If they get the viewership of men's sports they can get the money of men's sports.

of course they do. only mysogenistic, impotent loser men would say otherwise.

The free market says no.

Uhm...like...no ?

When the best women's team can beat the worst men's team we can talk about evening out the pay, until then why would you pay more for sub-level play

This. Sports figures aren't paid by skill. It's entertainment. They're paid by the amount of viewers they can attract and merch they can peddle.

>It’s funny, isn’t it, that even though women have some advantageous biology, and are stereotypically thought of as being better than men in the key skills for team sports—think cooperation, multi-tasking—you’ll never hear, “the thing is men just aren’t as good at soccer, they can’t play as part of a team like women can.”

pbs.org/how-we-got-to-now/blogs/howwegottonext/is-gender-segregation-in-sports-necessary/

Did anyone watch the womens rugby at the olympics? The aussies won a gold medal, but fuck me mang. It was some of the cringiest shit ive ever seen, they couldnt play for shit.

lel, they made brazil look good

If they were better looking and wore skimpier clothing they would get paid better than the blokes because the viewership would skyrocket.

Just depends how much they want the money.

theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html

wearetennis.com/en_UK/#/2013/04/09/karsten-braasch-the-smoker-who-ridiculed-the-williams-sisters/1487

>tl;dr: a walking meme of a german who was dropping like a stone out of the mens world rankings simply dominated both williams sisters in an afternoon, whilst smoking cigs and after a few beers with his morning golf round

female lingerie NFL exists for a reason

Sure, if they bring in as money as the men.

Payment should reflect entertainment value and generated revenues. Genitals should not enter the discussion

Also, this oldass niqqa honestly reckons he could still take Serena.

youtube.com/watch?v=XwzMJOhderk

/thread

Sport players are payed as much as someone wants to pay for player.
If woman players agreed to play for smaller money, it is their own fault why they are not getting equal pay.
Genrally, woman sports are not wached as much as men sports, mens are physically stronger and faster for womens, it means that game is harder and faster. And it makes it more intresting.

Of course they do dearie. Women can compete just as well as men. If not more so even.

*sips male tears*

Its about numbers and time spent on it.

Thing is, women go into sport as an organised thing with practices and coaching.

Especially with football (soccer) which is a kind communal, open game, between the ages of 8 and 13 or 14, if I wasn't asleep, in school or eating, all I was doing was playing football. In the summer holidays we'd start at about 10 after the cartoons, break for lunch, play all afternoon, dinner, and then back out until it got too dark.

At the end of all that I wasn't even particularly good at it, but I think the point is its all relative.

Even amongst themselves, women's sport isn't very competitive in truth. If you look at women's sports, they are often dominated by hegemonic figures for really far too long (e.g., tennis, consider Navratilova, Graf and the Williams, indisputably talented but at the top really for too long even at their own admital).

There was an analysis done of Olympic running and it showed the variance within the women's final was greater than the variance across the entire men's field.

Women's sport can be better but its just not going to interest anyone when its drawing on a small group of people many of whom don't put the effort in. The issue is not how good the best in the world is, its how good the 100th or the 1000th is. For men that is someone whom to the general public would seem to be a Greek God. For women thats someone who is barely professional in all likelihood.

to be fair that was before the williams sisters turned into king kong and donkey kong

They don't deserve equal pay, because if you count in the sizes of their viewerships, women are already paid more than men on the average.
Not only that, but if I remember correctly, men soccer players are paid only in bonuses depending on the performance, while females have bonuses AND a standard salary.
So once again it is a just another case of female entitlement, just as they still whinge about wagegap, while paying almost no taxes in comparison to men.

Same happened here but against 16-years olds

>etween the ages of 8 and 13 or 14, if I wasn't asleep, in school or eating, all I was doing was playing football

you must be old as fuck... you need to leavve