When, how and why did the left become fascist?

I'm in my late 30s now and decidedly on the conservative side. However, most of my adult life, I was a politically active leftist. But until about 10 years ago (and where I live: Germany) being left meant the following:

- Giving everyone a fair share. Giving workers opportunities and decent pay.

- Being against overbearing and intrusive power by the state and corporations.

- Pacifism.

Today being left means:

- Having people exploited and empoverished.

- Defending overbearing and corrupt administration and lawless international corporations. (Btw, the fascists didn't call their political and economic agenda "corporatism" for nothing).

- Being OK with the government bombing foreign countries and killing individuals as long as they smother it in smooth talk. Spitting hate and rioting violently.

Picture sort of related. I used to adore Sarah Silverman before she turned into the bitter, hateful Feminazi she is today. Never would have thought to see her of all people as being fanatical about political correctness (and other things).

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erster_Mai_in_Kreuzberg
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rote_Armee_Fraktion
youtu.be/p4KWHq5lHpk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you fucking retarded or just underage?
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erster_Mai_in_Kreuzberg
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rote_Armee_Fraktion

>muh fascism

Don't use words you don't understand.

I was talking about the mainstream left, bascially.

Why only me?

youtu.be/p4KWHq5lHpk

This here WAS the mainstream when I grew up. You are not in your late 30s.

Not just you, anyone who uses the word "fascist" as a label for anyone even mildly authoritarian. Mao wasn't a fascist, Lenin wasn't a fascist, Pol Pot wasn't a fascist.

It's called Marxism, OP. Post-modern critical theory, to be more accurate.

Learn it.
Know it.
Hate it.

It seems like you're only just beginning your red-pill journey. Don't worry, there's light at the end of the tunnel...... eventually.

>>muh fascism
>Don't use words you don't understand.

He's not wrong though, Fascist has many adjectives with which neo-liberalism shares with the Facist movement

Not from Berlin, however.

Thanks!

Fascism at its core is the application of nature to real world politics, neo-liberalism on the other hand seeks to destroy nature. Any similarities such as authoritarianism and corporatism are too superficial.

Because the left has infiltrated education and the media to such an extreme degree that it's become literal reality to them.

No it didn't. Being left in Germany always meant forcing self-hatred upon its people and bending over to "minorities". Enjoy your upcoming caliphate cunt, you brought it on yourself

Real life revolutionary Marxists have rooted out Islam in all of Central Asia and hung degenerates in public squares. What you see today is precisely the policies the le edgy le rebellious left wanted to see 30 and 20 years ago

The left is neo-stalinist, not fascist.

25 yo here. the left was like this as long as i can remember.
its not about left vs right. well it is, but authoritarianism vs liberalism was not considered as a factor and thats the real problem here. the left leaning teachers, and they are the vast majority, hammered "left=good, right=evil" into the heads of students for decades now. and you wonder that they turned into authoritarians? seriously?

As humans our defining characteristic is that we consciously manipulate and create our own environment instead of being subject to nature's whim. Why should our politics not reflect that?

The left has always been facist. You just had trouble seeing it behind all the virtue signaling.