Why is the left obsessed with Harry Potter?

Why is the left obsessed with Harry Potter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OBeEETJzdA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only thing they've ever read. Sup Forums drones on about reading dusty old philosophical books but I doubt a single one of you niggers has cracked a book, r evidence being I never see allegories or philosophical ideas on this board. So, we're not much better but at least not everything has to dry with Harry Potter

Muggles long for magic capabilities to resolve their issues. Partly this is because the muggle left has an ideology based around irrationality--therefore they need magic to bring their reality to fruition .
They are quite reasonable in this longing since we have the power of pic related.

Because they haven't read the Bible. Literally.
Jordan Peterson talks about it.

>I don't know how to write analogies using historical examples
Oh, they do know ONE.

Shit, it really is that simple.

lol

only the teachings of ravenclaw can save you

Because they're eternally children.

>durrr jk rowling made several leftist tweets so that means the left is obsessed with harry potter

what a fucking waste of quints

youtube.com/watch?v=OBeEETJzdA8

DRUMPF BTFO

2 WASTED QUINTS
W
A
S
T
E
D

Q
U
I
N
T
S

how is it wasted when the left is not obsessed with harry potter?

It's a noticeable trend in the Anglosphere, at least. I keep seeing lefties making Harry Potter references on faceberg.

English people and especially Americans =/= Anglos ftfy

Only books they've ever read

Actually I fucking love HP, and I'm pretty conservative and I don't like anybody who isn't white.

you don't need analogies to describe shit in politics. at most you reference shit that happened in the past which Sup Forums does all the time

You answered that with the image. They are children, that's really about it.

>don't have religion
>still compare everything to and base their moral compass around some fictional mythos that's recorded in a piece of media.

Pop culture is literally their religion, and it's funny because just because they don't believe in God they think they are free and above the concept of religion somehow.

Shameful get, I hope you're proud of yourself

Damn look at those

A FUCKING WASTE

this.

it's degenerate.

Religion sucks too

I bet you like Plato. What a faggot.

Why is the alt right obsessed with Adolf Hitler?

Why do cuckservatives love these fuckers so much?

Religion fucked up israel, jews and whites equally

Did you have zero female friends on kikebook back in the old days? Shallow liberal women would circlejerk each other all day by sharing screenshots from tumblr about HP and Dr Who

FUG YUO BENIS SUGGER

Underrated.

It's been a while since I saw the movies but I'm pretty sure magic affinity was genetic and Hogwarts selected students based on genetic purity and even had a racial slurs for non-pure wizards.

Wizard + Wizard = Wizard offspring

Wizard + Non-Wizard = Non-wizard offspring

Non-Wizard + Non-Wizard = Subhuman Muggle

Slytherin is the best house, though.
The other houses (except maybe for Ravenclaw) all end up as their subordinates.

if they would know..

kek

sadly the purebred wizards were always depicted as inbred and evil. it was the mixed race ones that were the heroes and best at magic.

Not quite.

When 2 wizards have a wizard offspring, the offspring is pure-blooded.
When two muggles have a wizard offspring, that offspring is a mudblood.
When 2 wizards have a muggle offspring, that's a squib.
If a wizard had any non-wizard ancestors (muggles, so by extension any mudbloods or other half-bloods) he's a half-blood.

...If I recall that correctly.

Explain

You know what is funny? That the wizard world already is a totalitarian fascist state the way it is writen.
Sure, the school is magical place, but if you look at the way the world of adults is portrayed, it is distopia full of secret police, shady tribunals,even without dark magic. In the last movie they even had a pool where they dissolved wizards they deemed a threat to society at the ministry, for fuck sake. The bland, mournful, byrocratic system was not Voldemorts fault, it was already in place.

Fingolians are no longer welcome.

YOU HAVE WASTED KEK'S BLESSING

Does anyone have that "magic is just a social construct" pasta?

>HUU HUU I'M IGNORANT SO EVERYONE AROUND ME HAS TO BE AS WELL

I have a worthless master's degree in Literature which I literally use to write obscure quotes on Emails to make my boss sound smarter. After doing that for eight years you'd be sick of invoking Petrarch too.

The malfoys are pretty fucking based, not gonna lie.

If you're using deep political analogies to call someone a fag on Sup Forums, you're trying way too hard to sound smart.

"Why is the left obsessed with Harry Potter?"
Because they live in a fascist fantasy world inside their head.

Well, you're objectively wrong, since the Left IS obsessed with harry potter and star wars and other childish bullshit, because leftism is objectively a childish ideology of envy and theft. Being wrong is a waste of quints.

No, religion BTFO Jews by revealing you as the disgusting parasite race that you are. It was objectively good for everyone else.

i don't get it

I dunno Sup Forums,why are you obsessed with a webcomic frog

The Holocaust, you mong.

No. Healthy European man is the best child of evolution out there.Just look at the strongman.We have to go to a deeper root of dysgenics and meekness. So what did allow a lot of Lebensunwertes Leben to exist? Let's find out.
Culture is a racial manifestation first and foremost. Long ago Natural Law was integral to the European Culture. It doesn't appear out of nowhere, that's why it's natural. Weak die off from the evolutionary race, strong pass on. Catholic Christian Universalism and jewish cultural marxism destroyed that selection, as well as vaccination, saving half dead newborns and such. Biggest mistake of the colonisation was not to exterminate conquered species to zero. Imagine the world today without negro, jew, pakistanis, chinese, indochines and southwest asian monkeys, central asians, Australian aboriginals, redskins and arabs. You can't claim with a straight face that it would be less prosperous, more environmental and free world.
Catholic Church has been more and way longer cucked
>create universalism
>protect judaism and talmud circulation since 1180s war
>demand baptising colonised niggers and amerindians instead of murdering them all
>successfully demand Monarch to throw in prison based Columbus for cleaning the Americas from the filth
>oppose racism since 1800s

Thanks to Catholic Church European jewry, spics, masses of mongoloids and negroes exist.

underrated

Because it takes a retard to enjoy one of the dullest franchise in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Nice to see this making its way over from Sup Forums

You're doing keks work user

Most millenials/Gen zers grew up with Harry Potter.

Obviously those who are politically naive will rely on the only piece of literature and pop culture that they have awareness.

Not particularly surprising or alarming though. Leftists appropriating 1984 however is

OFFICIAL 2017 Sup Forums ARGUMENT POWER RANKING:
1. food analogies
2. young adult novel references
3. emotional appeals
POWER GAP
4. movie analogies
5. calling people hitler
6. historical analogies
POWER GAP
7. "facts"
POWER GAP
8. facts
9. alternative facts

"hitler did that too"

Based Armond is always right

ding ding ding ding ding

>trading in one simplistic good/evil children's story for the next

Harry Potter, Divergent, Hunger Games, and the like promote a destiny, a chosen one, innate goodness or power that you might not even realize. You can be a sorry fuck but hey you might be a wizard or some shit.

True patricians enjoy self made heroes. Rocky, Frodo, The man with no name, Jack Sparrow. Heroes who don't have every chance to succeed. Regular guys who rise above odds and earn their keep rather than have it handed to them

checked

Harry got everything handed to him, bitches, riches, a good job because of his connections and status at the end. The left really want to be like that where they can easily sail through life having everything handed to them without putting in the single bit of effort for life to reward them like that.

I don't get it either

If I liked a series about a select group of "wizards" who built a wall called "platform 3 3/4" to keep the "muggles" out I'd probably be a hard right ethnic nationalist

Religion fucked up jews by revealing that they aren't the chosen people anymore and God hates them. The subsequent bitter hatred for religion by jews is what fucked up everyone else

Seconding

Physical strength isn't everything
To form a civilization, you need reliance on eachother
You literally just praised niggerness

The Bible is comprised of collections of culturally significant stories that have complex meanings and symbolism which work with the culture to provide a deeper understanding about how to live your life. It's meant to be an open text that gets more meaning piled on top of it as time progresses.

Harry Potter is the mythological hero's journey repeated 7 times with a backdrop influence in modern British schooling.

The Bible's popularity comes from being part of complex and interwoven meanings and mysteries with a core that lies at the foundation of civilization.

Harry Potter's popularity came from kids pretending to be Harry Potter because regular school was boring.

i want to burn all my potter books

Finland!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The bible is a collection of older stories mainly collected and rewritten to create a narrative for the jewish "history" (which is for the most part complete fabrication btw, they used to be polytheistic and were never enslaved in Egypt for example) and later a bunch of typical human concepts of morality that can be found all over the world. It's not the bible that's somehow magical or special, it just filled a role of something people will always subconsciously need. If the bible was never written, something else would have taken its place.

top kek. You made me chuckle. Have a (You)

Because liberals already live in a fantasy world

But that's just how Britain is

he says in the most secular period of civilisation.

Harry Potter is literally left wing propaganda, so it's obviously a good source of just that.

When will this meme die?

Sex does not exist

If you THINK sex exists, you are a retard

WHO in their right mind would get butt NAKED in front of someone else, put the 2 nastiest parts of their bodies together and proceed to perform animistic positions???

You would have to be mentally ill to do such a vile act.

I don't even think the mentally ill would actually do that because sex simply does not exist.

EVERY human being on this Earth as we speak is a '''''''''''''''virgin''''''''''''''' because sex is a product of our imagination.

>But user, where do babies come from?

Simple

All you need to do is be male and touch a female's hand and hope for the best. If you two are compatible, your cells will attach to hers and go through the bloodstream to the ovaries and a baby is created.

As I said, simple.

This nonsensical notion that sex exists is beyond me, nobody has sex, NO ONE!

Anyone who brags about having sex is a complete and utter liar, no ifs ands or buts about it.

If you claim to have sex, just stop saying that. We all know you're bullshitting for attention and it makes you out to be an incredibly beta lose

There is no such thing as sex, FUCK OFF WITH YOUR LIES!!!