Made multiple millions in my 20s. Did it in finance. Background is in CS and Machine Learning

Made multiple millions in my 20s. Did it in finance. Background is in CS and Machine Learning.

AMA: global banking, trading, research etc.

I make millions in zimbabwean dollar too

This is actual currency user, not the phony central bank fairy tale kind.

What do you think about numerai?

give us a stock or option to pick faggot and prove it

Made $20 from PHP programming while being drunk, beat that muddafucka.

Everyone tell the truth on Sup Forums!

Personally vol in the US equity markets is extremely low. now, you may ask but how can I print shekels on volatility user? Well, this means equity options in general are relatively cheap for reasons I can go into later. If you already have any thesis or view on a big move for a stock, you would be able to purchase an out of the money call/put on it for dirt cheap compared to other historical regimes.

Private prisons have been in the news most recently and will be watched by many.

Is my father proud of me?

absolute garbage. They aren't the only brand delivering this type of "service". Professional quant funds in NYC and Chicago out gun these guys for soooo many reasons. I could go more into detail here if this gets more replies.

gilead 80$ calls jan 2019 expiry are trading quite low...thoughts?

thoughts on the marijuana space in canada and who the best picks are? im in CNSX:SL at the moment

looking at sept 2017 nvda 120 calls as well but typically you lose value through theta decay and having to be "right" on ER day etc

give us a pick and why, prove your knowledge

outlook hazy. Ask again

private prisons plus defense industry

I actually recall specifically singling out NVDA in late 2014. The reason was clear, it was still branded as some NEET gaming PC hardware company, but grants, tech firms, finance, and geoengineering among many others had a mandate for hardware with massively parallel computing solutions.

3-12 month outlook I am bearish on global equities(Europe in particular) and bullish on Gold.

I like certain defensive names (WMT, McD) over high beta/high multiple tech stocks at the moment(i.e bearish on snap-chat etc)

What do you think of forex? I've gotten into it because its 24/5, but I'm not sure if there's a better instrument to trade.

What's the best buy in American banks: BoA, Wells Fargo, Citi, or JP Morgan? And why is it Bank of America?

How do I make monies user? any advice?

If I have $5000 sitting around what should I do with it?
Poorfag here.

There's a reason orgs are cracking down on retail FX trading. Many people lose their shirts with 50x1 leverage. The most extreme example was EUR/CHF 2 years ago.

On the flip side, it is known as a very 'momentum' based trade and obviously extremely liquid for short term trading if you know what you're doing. That would at a minimum involve being on top of the global economic calendar and when numbers come out.

Sell $5000 worth of calls on the VIX. can't go wrong ;)

so buy JNUG?

gtfo kike.....im bearish on UVXY too

What is your opinion about options trading?

for finance(banking) sector, it's a very reg heavy and balance sheet driven game. Study how many meet their capital ratios and requirements. Also consider global trends(banks thrive more than other stock sectors when people are anticipating higher interest rates)

That's one of my specialties.

Best trade of all time?

Next big downturn?

That is not very helpful.

>Buying a triple leveraged gold etf that decays to 0
>Being this retarded

No you goy, when I said Gold I mean Gold. If you can't afford spot, try GC(the standard gold future) or an options position with GLD

Have you ever heard of tastytrade?

Equity options?

okay well how many times do you anticipate the fed will raise interest rates this year? Once, twice? Surely, it will be raised again this year. BTW do you have any defense company you like? Northrop? Lockheed?

Sorry, on a serious note you're pretty limited with what you can do with 5k. As mentioned, you can stash it away in boring names with low multiples and collect dividends. If you want to turn the risk up to a max, you can speculate on out of the money puts in certain names. Consider very interest rate sensitive stocks as the fed will likely attempt a shoah on Trump

Yes, I've seen some videos as well.

Ai gf?

bought it sat 4.5 near the end of december and sold at 11

profit is profit schlomo, contango isnt hard to understand

why not just buy tobacco stocks since they tend to move with volatility

Three times(if we're talking 25bp/.25% increments) before the end of the year would be my gamble.

What trading spreads would you never do (calender, diagonal)?

tobacco stocks also sound like a good play if you structure it well. I certainly don't see any reg risk in that industry on the horizon.

what do you think about gold/gold miners? I've got a call spread on GDX, but I was kind of unnerved by the loss of correlation in GLD and GDX last week.

Were coming for that tooth brush, bucko.

People in finance and banking are scum and deserve swift execution.

I'm about to go from making 24k a year to 70k a year, what's the first thing I should do?

buy cnsx:SL and hold fellow leaf

Where do you start with all that, puts, calls, etc?
I don't have much of anything to play around with financially but I'm now making semi-reasonable money though a new career(60K leaf bucks).

My company used to be traded publicly but was recently bought out by some Finnish vending machine company. We are doing a shitload of business but weren't profitable last year because reasons. How long do I have before I get laid off?

AUM, strat, holding period, size of the book you ran for starters, if you dont fumble that we'll move on

I'm in the industry and there are about 9/10 names that would pay you multiple millions in your 20s, so dont try and bullshit me

Futures or options?

If we're talking options, I like spreads that can collect theta over the long term. This means you in effect get paid with low(maybe moderate) volatility. Another way of saying this is being short vol. You can structure a calendar spread by buying a far out option and selling vol in the short term when you think things have settled down to get paid on your main position.

It also matters what your thesis is/what you're trying to do

So you still consider it worthwhile, given you know what your doing? Currently I only risk 0.5% on 10:1 leverage and using price action analysis.

I'm going to university for CS with a fast track for a master degree in finance (5 year dual degree program) any advice?

Sell 70k worth of vix calls

What do you want to do with that degree?

the boat is long gone on private prisons. stop reading wallstreetbets you reddit cuck

give us a ticker symbol to buy or you're full of shit

Did you read this on Buzzfeed?

I made a bunch of money with an auto binary options trading bot but the web-based platform it was running on shut down. Know any other resources that let you program and run your own custom bot strategy that isn't 101% scam tier?

Or do I need to learn how to code and build it from the ground up instead of looking for a GUI hand-holding platform?

I'm about to graduate in CS and I've got a real interest in finance and trading. What would you recommend I do? Should I try for an internship/grad job somewhere? I do worry about the relevance of my degree with regards to these kinds of jobs

Well believe it or not, I have seen manual professional traders succeed using 'price action' but it is EXCEEDINGLY rare. They are the definition of discipline. Watch your fees, and your risk. The #1 temptation that blows your account out is adding to losers. Try not to do that.

>t. 19 yo from /biz/ made $200 on Robinhood and installed the ml library on Python and did hello world with it

Not fully sure but thinking about being a Quant on Wall St

Percentage wise, how many of your trades are in the form of vertical spreads?

Why's that?
Also can you recommend a convenient/inexpensive way to buy stocks in Canada?

Yea Buzzfeed was all over this. They had an asian guy with a masters in financial engineering doing a full expose on his sick stochastic calculus skills and how he bested black-scholes.

I'm a foolish goy, should I turn a small percentage of my cash into bitcoin or any particular cryptocurrency?

CXW, have a blast faggots

What the fuck?

You just said vol was cheap in a previous post. Why the fuck would you recommend shorting calls if vol is cheap?

This is THE worst LARP I've seen in ages. Jesus dude. My jimmies are so rustled by this.

Did your prime minister steal it tho?

Forgot to mention my only income is earned hourly wages

What are some resources you'd recommend to someone who is totally ignorant in this field?

I'm finally earning good money. I want to learn.

What is the best way to start from bottom to top on any kind of bussiness?

Did you do illegal shit to get where you are?

What will this do to the USD and housing market?

Why don't you just open an account with a broker, such as questrade?

Thought experiment... Assume you are telling the truth... Why would you grandstand in Sup Forums to tell everyone about it? Seems a bit... silly to me.

AGQ, it is going to soar?

do you hate /biz/ m8

there was a gold rush(no pun intended) for this "Master Financial Engineering" or Masters in "Financial Mathematics" or similar degree. Don't get those, they're losing their buzz fast. They're limited to a strictly academic portfolio theory and deriv pricing theory(stochastic calculus etc.) and don't go toooo far in industry. For a super autist, people prefer PhDs from really any stem background. an UG + Masters in CS is pretty much ideal. Know algorithms, data structures, the usual stuff on top of some extra expertise in high performance computing, data analysis, and machine learning/stats theory. Take maybe a couple finance/financial math courses but more won't be neccesary

Show proof. Show your bank statements your ferrari or some other high price item with timestamp.

CXW, DGI, THLD, ITT, TTPH,BBOX, PCR, DAKT fucking nutrisystems if you don't buy stocks tomorrow kys, also have a blast faggot

yeah, shorting vol right now is essentially the worst investment I can possibly imagine right now. There's massive political instability and the only think keeping vol low is buybacks and stealth qe from the fed through european CB's. All it would take to end this is le Pen winning or Libor spiking again like it did in second half 2016

>AMA
Holy fuck has no one told these Reddit larping faggots to fuck off yet? If you made all this money I bet you would have time to do anything else but this. Kys you Reddit degenerate.

Anons, is it possible to save 500k in 10 years, then invest in 100k properties that make 1k-1.5k a month for the rest of your lives, effectively retiring after making 500k?

Going into IB next year, how fucked are the next two years of my life?

My sarcasm is too subtle. Maybe "Short Vix ;)" isn't clear enough for autists. Also vix options aren't technically vol, but vol of vol, which is another can of worms.

OP if you're telling the truth, would you give another user a break and help me buy a computer so I can get some more experience and a job of my own?

I'm studying IT but need a computer (current one is 10 years old and falling apart).

You could paypal me $500 towards my computer, it would be little loss to you but a huge benefit to me, and ultimately other people that I help

You could paypal it to [email protected]

Yes.

Earning $100 /hr as a contracting stress engineer, tucking 70k away a year

Just write them off already. It's a shame you want to lose 2 years from 20s.

>
Money sent

Don't listen to this guy. It's not real. He said that vol was cheap, and then recommended another user sell vol short.

When something is cheap, you think it will get more expensive. When you sell something short, you think it will get cheaper.

That's a contradiction, and this guy is retard tier LARPing.

user thats insane.

I'm 20 in community college and didnt give a fuck about making cash but the fact that you can retire early gets me hard.

Good luck my man.
I know everyone hates reddit but they have some good stuff on financial independence

Are you using all the money on properties?

wasn't doing much to begin with
figured Id exit college at least making good money

All finance and banking people are dirty. What do you think? The whole financial system is one big fraud. The big guys are all sociopaths and have no morals. There needs to be a complete overhaul of it and the banking sector. Probably two of the scummiest industries in existence. People like OP are walking living breathing turds. I dream of they day when these people who make millions basically playing financial games and hurting innocents along the way are rounded up and hanged.

Now we wait...

>I hope it's true.

What do you think it's a reasonable way to split an investment portfolio?

For instance:
10% Global Stocks
10% US mid cap
10% SP500
10% EUR utilities stock
10% Gold stocks
10% US tech stocks
10% EUR industrials
10% Asean area
10% Corporate bonds
10% Us treasuries

What do you think about bonds now?

hydro is the most expensive part abbout growing marijuana

SL has an exclusive deal with the nuclear plant next door to get cheap rates

7 acre lot for mass production=cheaper production over time/quantity=lower price

business to business model sales meaning less customers and administrative costs=higher profit

also means they can sell at a lower price

no one knows how marijuana will go for sure but these guys are getting the b2b model and cheap costing of their product

let me know if oyu need more info, they are due to get their sales license in march so get in while you can...do you due diligence bbbut i put 30k in at .15 in 2015 and i dont work anymore LOL

Vega, and so I've heard. That got me hot, a bit of an overreaction.

>Are you using all the money on properties?
Not yet, just tucking it away. I'll begin putting it into property/investments once I pay my 2016 taxes.

Contracting is where the money is at.

Are you autistic? Anyone that works in finance can read

"Sell $5000 worth of calls on the VIX. can't go wrong ;)"

and tell that's sarcasm.

I make like $170k programming in php.

sent

you should give 10 grand to whoever gets quads

Why isn't 100% of your liquid worth in Bitcoin yet?

No I gotcha now, overreaction on my part. My apologies user.