Here is an email my University of Vermont Anthropology professor - Jonah Steinberg sent to the school on Friday...

Here is an email my University of Vermont Anthropology professor - Jonah Steinberg sent to the school on Friday, quoted in full:

"I am concerned about a very disruptive student in my Anthro 21 class Frederick "Freddie" Edwards. He caused quite a stir by frequently shouting out blatantly racist or homophobic or anti trans or other discriminatory remarks. The theme of the class is explicitly cultural diversity and many students have now expressed discomfort including in other classes. I know this because my wife, also faculty at UVM, has fielded comments about these students. I don't want to be cause or be part of a confrontation. Today when a student said to me that she was worried about Freddie's contortment, and feeling possibly unsafe. I decided I should let you know. I understand the student has also had some personal struggles, and I don't want to say anything hurtful or insensitive. I'd be happy if any actions, if actions are called for, to remain generalized and anonymous. I can't tell how unstable the student is and I don't want this seeming to be coming from me."

"41% of transgender people commit suicide. It is a mental disorder and we shouldn't encourage it in children."

williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf

acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

This is a free speech issue. Class rooms are supposed to be safe spaces. I am probably going to be kicked out of school. I had a meeting with the assistant dean today and he said I need counseling or I will be forced to leave school. This issue is bigger than me or you.
MORE TO COME

Other urls found in this thread:

williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/…/AFSP-Williams-Suic…
acpeds.org/…/posi…/gender-ideology-harms-children
aclj.org/get-legal-help/get-our-legal-help
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"41% of transgender people commit suicide. It is a mental disorder and we shouldn't encourage it in children."
williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/…/AFSP-Williams-Suic…
acpeds.org/…/posi…/gender-ideology-harms-children

I am probably going to be kicked out of school. I had a meeting with the assistant dean today and he said I need counseling or I will be forced to leave school. This issue is bigger than me or you.
In my meeting today, I had the following exchange:
"The thing is, is that all these people say I'm crazy. When all I say is what I believe to be true. I have people coming up to me and calling me a racist, and a fascist and a nazi, and I am not saying these things. I am not saying anything nazi or fascist. I'm just speaking what I believe to be true. I'm saying what half the people in this country believe to be true. I'm saying the same thing as the President, the National Security Advisor. I'm not saying anything that people on the right don't say. And they're calling me nuts because I have blue hair."
" I want to explain to you, how odd your demeanor is."
"It's not what you actually said, its the way that you said it"
"There were some interactions in class, that to him seemed a little bit odd or unusual. Part of my advice is going to be to you to be able to connect to him. The concern was less about the content, and more about a lack of understanding how to express that opinion. The concern specifically is, less about the what you're saying, and a genuine concern about how you are. There are some thing that you are doing that seem out of the norm for a college student. Some of those things are, not understanding the context and having these outbursts. Not what you're saying, but not understanding"
"I put my hand up. It sounds like I'm saying something he disagrees with."
"Thats not the impression that I've gotten"

No one gives a shit, but congrats on wasting thousands of dollars of your own money on tuition only to get booted out of school because you want to make some retarded point about how much you don't like Transsexual people.

all of it must burn.

>about how much you don't like Tanssexual people

this wasn't what he said at any point, retard.

he simply said 41% of transgender people commit suicide and therefore we shouldn't encourage it in children, he even has studies to back up his claim

try harder

1. Look into a transfer if you want to finish your degree.

2. Get a lawyer.

3. Get a normal hair color.

>say something your prof disagrees with

you must be unstable, you are insane, you need a (((psychologist))).

This.

OP should kill themselves.

PROTIP: If you walked around a white collar job saying the same thing, HR would can you.

if you want to 'say whatever you want', go work under the table for a shitty contractor for sub-30k a year.

NOTE that my point here isn't to defend trannies, my point is that your right to "free speech" does NOT defend you against a private institutions right to tell you to fuck off in response to your words.

Grow up you underage, whiny faggot.

>reddit spacing

I may recommend looking into Arizona universities, iirc they are pretty pro-free-speech.
you can check organizations like F.I.R.E for rankings of universities in terms of free speech.

Get a good layer and sue the school for discriminating against your beliefs, infringing your freedom of speech, slander, libel, and anything else you can think of.

Would you prefer a run-on sentence like a typical trumpcuck?

Why are you underage faggots so obsessed with "muh website wars"?

>>>>> reddit
This is Sup Forums commie redditors don't belong here.

Subtlety is important when you're part of the minority opposition, user.

Freedom of speech means the government can't stop you from having an opinion. The university is a private organization.

When you get into the real world, you will realize you can be fired from work for saying things on your Facebook. Stop being such a whiny liberal pudwhacker and realize what freedom of speech means. You are still responsible for what you say, even if it's factually correct. I could say niggers grow up without dads, and that's why they are prone to murder. I could have stories to back it up. If people don't like what you say, it's still going to cause problems.
Should you be able to walk around saying whatever you want? Sure, I'm all for it. I can paint "I HATE NIGGERS" on the side of my house in ten for letters. I'm smart enough to know that someone will throw a brick through my window if I do.

Freedom of speech=/=freedom from consequences

Dumbass you can't even spell lawyer, with spell check.
A school has no affect on your freedom of speech. There are no laws saying you get to run your mouth in a private institution.
They've already laid the groundwork for booting him with "what user says makes other students feel unsafe". In a university setting, safety trumps all. People have been kicked from schools and jobs for what they post on social media. There is nothing illegal and no rights violated.
Stop giving advice and learn to use spell check, Cletus.

Then he should burn that commie tinder box down. Fuck you and fuck liberals. Have a nice day.

Get a lawyer. They get government AND state funding. This is TARGETED HARASSMENT and IS DESIGNED TO INCITE ABUSE. Use their own rhetoric against them. If you're not saying gas the kikes, race war now, then just because it is uncomfortable, shouldn't mean you lose your college education because of it.

Yes and no. His argument stemmed from factual statements, and while risky (hence the observed result) it's still not grounds for what we are seeing. At least he's been given the opportunity to take (((counseling))) and be done with the whole shitshow.

>frequently shouting out blatantly racist or homophobic or anti trans or other discriminatory remarks
sounds less like a free speech issue and more like an issue of you being a disruptive shithead in a classroom setting

>Steinberg

Shut the fuck up you stupid newfag. Jump off a bridge and take your bloodline with you.

I was in a college class with someone who wasn't emotionally ready to go to college, who just blurted out random "edgy" bullshit at the professor all class. It was awful. Please get help

UVM is a public school.

lol, kys.

Oy vey it's protected speech goy. You can't silence a student like that. It wouldnt be progressive. Listen and understand.

Oy vey, but this is a place of free speech goyim. You can't just silence the young like that. We must listen and understand their struggles. That's the progressive thing to do.

>Freddie
the ugliest name in the English language.
digusting

Randomly yelling shit out in class in disrupting the lecturer thereby taking away from other people who actually want to engage in conversation and dialogue against the best interest of a for profit area of education cucklord,

Or are you against the free market?

its not entirely this kids fault that hes a fucking idiot. the professors and parents caused this problem by misidentifying the point of college. its supposed to be a place where you learn the skills needed to learn how to be good at job. it is supposed to be a trade school on steroids (just for the "white collar" trades).

kid just needs to shut the fuck and do the work thats going to help him with his career.

OP here

how do i get on tucker carlson

>PROTIP: If you walked around a white collar job saying the same thing, HR would can you.

Not analogous, faggot. I don't pay to be at work.

>Would you prefer a run-on sentence like a typical trumpcuck?
What does putting a space in between lines have to do with punctuation, numb nuts?

>Doesnt mean that you can interrupt a lecture and spew whatever bullshit you want

As a fellow Vermonter - dude, that was incredibly stupid. Surely you must know that Burlington is Cucksville USA. You proved nothing. They cannot be saved. Keep your mouth shut, hand in your papers about whatever they tell you to write about, keep your unpopular ideas to yourself. You're far behind enemy lines man. Keep your head down, get your degree, then perhaps you can safely voice your opinions. Maybe. Burlington is not the place to fight a red pill battle. You'll get eaten alive.

Great dumbass. That means nothing. Your first amendment (since it keeps getting brought up) means freedom of press, freedom of religion, and free speech.
The government isn't stopping you from saying anything.
The government isn't stopping you from writing anything.
The government didn't stop you from believing anything.
So actually learn what the first amendment covers if you want to run around autistically screeching MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Did you pay tuition to go to this school? Well then it's not public you fucking idiot.

Email him and tell him your story.

this is fucked

Sue the school for harrassment and libel. Tell them the school is determined to tarnish your name and affect your career. Not even joking. Say you were voicing a political opinion (completely legal) and tried to learn from the proffessor.

I am not joking go and talk to a lawyer for a free consult. Then tell them you spoke with a lawyer. Their pants with fill with shit so fast

Yes but the University Doesn't get to send an all staff student email with a students name in it for the EXPRESS purpose of tarnishing his name.

>school pushes liberal politics

>Be conservative and disagree

>Get kicked out

Fucking kill yourself, if anything the school is harassing him

DOXXED

hahaha Vermontfag reporting in, if you're from out of state it serves you right for paying 50k+ a year for a shit-tier education at a school where the virtue signaling is some of the most cringe-worthy shit I've seen (they're still flying the black power flag as of last week). If you're not a flatlander I'm sorry for you son.

im british

Is it cucked that I thought the university was being nice? It sounds like they thought he was going through some mental anguish and hard times and they wanted to help him get counseling and give him a chance to repair his image.

OP its a rare opportunity you don't get much, just take the counseling, go with the PR move that you had a mental breakdown because of midterms stress and it made you obsessed with Infowars and you can get your life back.

I guess yeah I'm cucked but also a realist.

Funny how that was never posted, just some story that says it was. If correct, that's a great case for libel, but do you think a first year student with blue hair has the kind of money to hire lawyers? Libel is one of the most difficult things to prove, because you must show damages. Do you think someone with blue hair can prove to the court that a professor tarnished a reputation, to a jury? Well then what's your point?

kek why even study abroad if UVM is the best you could do

Cuck

>Jonah Steinberg
Sounds like a superjew

I was at this show..

>private institution
>takes state and federal money

please stfu and go back to r.eddi.t

No, you should kys, dumb cuck.

expat i live in ny

Fuck off, Hillary cuck, Trump is now president. KYS.

Public school = state sponsored school
If you get kicked for free speech, it's technically the state punishing you for it, therefore it's a free speech infringement.

LeMarcus you manlet, this isn't a private institution, therefore you can't be kicked for free spech. Kys, cuck.

Universities are based on the idea of freedom of inquiry. That's supposed to be the basis of education.

Simply blowing it off as "not the us constitution" ignores how these atmospheres are killing our education

>themselves
THEM IS PLURAL YOU FUCKING SNOWFLAKE

>American education

>edgy
Since when are facts considered edgy, you faggot?

>realist
A professor doxxing you isn't being nice.

>Steinberg

rlly makes u thnk

Read these lines, and tell me you believe.
>I'd be happy if any actions, if actions are called for, to remain generalized and anonymous. I can't tell how unstable the student is and I don't want this seeming to be coming from me."

So a uni prof wants to be vague, but is specific and names names? He wants it to be anonymous, yet names his class and sends it from his campus email? So his whole statement contradicts exactly what he's saying, and you just swallow bait that hard?

Back to Plebdit

>Freedom of speech means the government can't stop you from having an opinion. The university is a private organization.

No, it is not.
You are confusing the philosophical concept of freedom of speech with the American amendment.

Frankly, you are either ignorant or intellectually dishonest.

It is a mental disorder.
I keep hearing, "Oh, it's how society treats them!"
It's blatantly clear that they are depressed that they are killing themselves because ultimately they can't coup with the fact that they can't be whatever gender they want but liberals keep telling them they can.
Very confusing and sad.
Fuck liberals.

Do you have nothing to add, just add hom because you don't understand the law. Great post kid.
You don't have free speech you stupid nigger. It's not speech school. You go to learn, not run your suck hole. You pay to learn, not to run around spouting your opinion. He can be kicked just for interrupting class, you massive failure at life.
Again, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences. You and all the liberal scum need to learn this.

THIS, burlington and UVM is a liberal wasteland,
as much as I agree with you ,OP, you threw away a 200k education at one of the most expensive schools in New England for a symbolic fight in some anthropology class that no one will remember except some sjws getting triggered by remembering your sperging.

>You don't have free speech you stupid nigger. It's not speech school.
It's a public school, funded by the taxpayer, therefore the same rules that apply to the government should apply to the university.
>You go to learn, not run your suck hole. You pay to learn, not to run around spouting your opinion.
America's universities have mandatory attendence and they love debating for some dumb reason so what reason is there to not state your opinion in an opinion class?
>He can be kicked just for interrupting class, you massive failure at life.
No, that would be a free speech infringement as he wasn't interrupting class, only stating his opinion you absolutely cucked coalburner. I bet you've never even seen what an university looks like.
>Again, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.
Only in a private university. As this uni is publicly funded, the 1st amendment applies you nigger.
>You and all the liberal scum need to learn this.
So me and yourself?

Lol

>insults others for improper grammar
>frequently makes 1 sentence paragraphs.

No you fucking monkey, freedom of speech means the government can't stop you from having an opinion.

That's it. Nothing more. If I'm paying for an education and frequent outbursts from one person keep the other 98 people in the class from learning, they have a responsibility to stop disruptions because one person had no right to fuck up everyone else's opinion.

If you want to shoot your opinion all over campus, no one will stop you. You have no rights to run you fucking mouth whenever you like.

The first amendment says you can say what you like AND THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T STOP YOU. The military wasn't called in to shut OP up, so his first amendment isn't violated. The university has a responsibility to everyone in the room is granted an education, that they are paying for. They are not posting for OPs opinion.

Stick to things you know, like drug murders and ghettos, because you have no clue about U.S. law.

you're describing 90% of college students these days,
its why college is such shit atm in america.

man you have no idea how WRONG you are.

Kek a murican faggot npt understanding true freedom laws....kek.

> should
Well idiot, that's not how it works. It never has and never will.
> debate
That's great that you think that, but it's not true. I'm working on my second degree, and your story is just that. A fairy tale.
> freedom of speech
You don't get that stupid. One person gets to lecture, the one who is paid to. I don't pay to listen to every snowflake that walks in the door. I'm paying for an education. Your opinion isn't on the test, and doesn't relate to class, then it shouldn't be stated in class. Shut up, do your job, have your opinion on your time.
>1st amendment applies
No it didn't your stupid nigger. The first amendment airs the government won't jail you for having an opinion. OP isn't in jail, you stupid fuck, so it has no bearing. He was free to run his suck, and now he's sowing the fruits of his labor.

We are replicants, you dumb faggot. The point is to hide in plain sight, to be subversive and to win 1000 small battles instead of 1 big one. To defeat (((The Jew))) we must become like (((((((The Jew)))))).

Apologize in front of the class like a good goy, hide your power level from now on.

>Well idiot, that's not how it works. It never has and never will.
That's the same argument as "HOW CAN YOU DEPORT 11 MILLION!!!" or "BUILDING A WALL IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE OY VEY!". Norms can change, but laws stay laws.
>That's great that you think that, but it's not true. I'm working on my second degree, and your story is just that. A fairy tale.
It's technically called a debate and because it's a state-funded school, saying your opinion counts as free speech.
>You don't get that stupid. One person gets to lecture, the one who is paid to. I don't pay to listen to every snowflake that walks in the door. I'm paying for an education. Your opinion isn't on the test, and doesn't relate to class, then it shouldn't be stated in class. Shut up, do your job, have your opinion on your time.
If it's a motherfucking debating class (which real universities in Europe don't have because it's a retarded concept) then you can say anything as long as it's on-topic you mongrel.
>No it didn't your stupid nigger. The first amendment airs the government won't jail you for having an opinion. OP isn't in jail, you stupid fuck, so it has no bearing. He was free to run his suck, and now he's sowing the fruits of his labor.
The 1st amendment also prevents the government from disadvantaging you for your opinion and since the school is state funded, these same fucking rules apply aswell.

Get educated, retard.

Explain it to me, if you can.
It isn't about freedom, you gypsy. Please tell me when you went to school students were free to interrupt class with their opinions (that most likely had no relevance to class) whenever they liked.
Yeah, I didn't think so. So what's your point? I have an electrical theory class in two hours. If I go in and start derailing the class with Oscar talk (unrelated matter) I'll be told to shut up or leave.
That isn't a rights violation.

Please read the thread. You destroyed your own argument, it wasn't a debate class. OP started in his first post he's in trouble for disrupting class. It's also in his second post, so your whole argument is hot garbage.

>in trouble for disrupting class
Only from the pov of the professor.

And the university
And the students in his class that complain about their "safe space"
And the profs wife
And the campus conduct policy you have to sign to attend
> it's why he's likely to get booted, Ahmed

Your should really read the thread because everything you bring up is a non issue.

>And the university
And the students in his class that complain about their "safe space"
And the profs wife
So some annoying liberals who can't deal with free speech?
>And the campus conduct policy you have to sign to attend
If it goes against free speech, any such agreement is void. Just like the state can't force you to sign a document that states that you can't openly deny the holocaust.
> it's why he's likely to get booted, Ahmed
You calling me Ahmed, nigger?
>Your should really read the thread because everything you bring up is a non issue.
I only see that you are a massive retard.

Do you have a point, Ahmed? All I see are more things that have zero relevance to this thread.

Wow, nice argument, faggot.
>lol u wrong
>no see here why not
>lol ahmed xdd
>fuck off nigger
>wtf why are you so racist i will call you ahmed again

Kek, where do you think you are faggot? I know exactly what he meant, and it is just his retarded way of sayin "i don't like Trannies".

We all know the facts about transfreaks, doesn't mean I have to give a shit when some Sup Forumsack retard shows his power level in public and gets assraped for it.

Boo hoo, duh libruls took away muh speech! NO ONE FUCKING CARES.

Ok. You don't have a point. Thanks for bumping the thread with your random drivel. Don't be late to prayers!

Okay nigger, you ran out of arguments to use and now you are sad.

Ok, apologizes for massive derailment. You have no grounds for legal action based on freedom of speech. You have an almost impossible case for slander. Any decent lawyer should say the same. Your job, as a student is to learn. It's said 500 times a day, here, to never reveal your power level. Look what happens when you do. It matters nothing that you are factual, you had shit intentions and liberals will slaughter you for it.
Just apologize, get your degree and move on. You should of brought up libel and slander with the administration, not the teacher.
Yes, you got fucked. Not much you can do about it because you have no power. Apologize, and ask for an apology because you honestly deserve one from the prof. Go on with your life because this one incident isn't worth losing your student visa (I'm assuming you have one, getting kicked from school is a shitty way to lose it). You really have no freedom of speech. Look in any media how people are attacked for speaking their mind. Until you have a million in the bank, and public opinion doesn't affect your paycheck, don't be so free with an opinion (especially in a liberal hell hole) that won't benefit you.

Sorry I derailed the thread, it pisses me off that people who have no concept of what freedom of speech means, tell someone to waste money in court pursuing bs lawsuits. If you don't believe me, call a few lawyers and tell them your story. You really have no grounds for a lawsuit. Good luck, but my advice is to apologize (only because you should pass the class), get over it, and quit showing your power level in public.

Ignore shitposts, take this advice.

GET A LAWER

aclj.org/get-legal-help/get-our-legal-help

This is the ACLJ (it's like a conservative ACLU). They specialize in free speech cases. Contact them.

It's lawyer, genius. He publicly shit on trannies. No ACLU type organisation is going to help someone say anti-trans statements in public. It goes against every principle they operate from.

Please think (and spell check) before posting.

Listen to me you stupid kid. Pol has consistently said either go STEM, or avoid college, or if you must go to the bad classes, avoid confrontation and get the best grade you can. We said that because it is a separate and sovereign country. You already signed paperwork agreeing to abide by their idiotic rules. No one was persuaded or given doubt by your virtue signalling. Play the game and win the war, not every single skirmish.

>Mfw in NH
>Mfw Border VT from the River
Send help

Rule 1 when dealing with crazy people: Treat them as if they're sane.

Go around hobos and practice your nod and smile. You'll be surprised at the stupid gibberish people will try to tell you, way more outrageous than "born in the wrong body" even.

OP here's to hoping you survive their reeducation course and just say "no i don't fuck dickgirls" at parties

>go STEM
this. there's really no disagreement about mammalian sexual reproduction in, say, a biology seminar

The govt is not protecting his right to free speech in the same way it protects a homo from having his right denied by a bakery to get a gay cake.

>I am probably going to be kicked out of school
Just fucking do it, you faggot. If you study there you'll have to get a 'job' in that 'field' and live with cunts like that your whole life. Understand that things won't get any better. Now man up and deliver.