Is climate change really fake or is Sup Forums full of shit?

Is climate change really fake or is Sup Forums full of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencebits.com/OnClimateSensitivity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no one knows and thats the point.
don't worry about it until the (((research))) has had time to run its course... like a thousand years

Regardless it doesn't matter and shouldn't concern people to the degree that it does. Pollution and overpopulation is a much bigger looming problem.

>no one knows and thats the point.
And yet that's the only certitude: climate is changing (data available on every weather service site).
What we don't know is how and why.

I imagine its been changing since the dawn of time so whats your point?
either way it does not end well for the little man who will have to front the bill.
my advice would be to leave it well alone and avoid CCactivists like the plague

My point is that it's stupid to deny the climate change. Natural or not, at this point we shouldn't care, the real question is what can we do to survive the next century.

>what can we do to survive the next century.
not pay people who scream and spit about such issues the time of day.

if you talk about it - it could become real if you see what I mean.

Climate change is absolutely real.

Whether we can affect it in any meaningful way is up for debate.

All we can really do is adapt or perish.

literal research scientist here.
It's not man-made.

The threat of climate change scientists and globalist politicians and the effect they will have on the environment is very real
(((They))) must be stopped!

Climate change?
yes.
man mad climate change?
up for debate

The Earth's ability to absorb carbon dioxide relies solely upon plants. Mankind's deforestation and ocean pollution has inhibited that system a great deal.

It's not our generation of CO2 that's the problem, as much as the fact that we're destroying the Earth's ability to re-absorb it.

I thought of a use for venus: we should put engines on it and drive it into jupiter to ignite it, so that we get a slow burning red dwarf that can sustain life on one of the jupiter moons for trillions of years. Think about it.

Climate change real?
Yup
>man made
kinda, maybe-ish

"We must stop global warming"

*the globe stops warming*

"Uh..... we must stop climate change!"

You idiot, global warming/climate change (or whatever they're calling it today) is a hoax in the sense that it is NOT man-made (like they say it is). Earth has been going through NATURAL CYCLES of warming and cooling SINCE ITS BIRTH. The Milankovitch cycles are related to these cycles of global warming and global cooling. Furthermore, ALL of the planets in the Solar System are warming up right now. This does NOT mean that pollution does not exist, because it DOES. I am NOT pro-pollution. In fact, I am VERY ANTI-POLLUTION. It's just that I REALISE that a carbon tax is NOT going to stop pollution (and so do they). Free energy exists EVERYWHERE IN UNLIMITED QUANTITIES (like Tesla said) and it is COMPLETELY CLEAN. They are using global warming/climate change as a way to further their globalist agenda to establish a single planetary government. Remember: Global 'problems' require global 'solutions'. This is the Hegelian dialectic on a global scale. Not only do they want a single planetary government, but they also want to DE-INDUSTRIALISE THE WORLD via their global warming/climate change SCAM. Don't fall for it.

Mars is too cold so a greenhouse effect would likely be an improvement wouldn't it?

We might need pollution to save Mars.

Is climate change real? Yes. However, it is not that bad as leftists said.

Climate change policies made by (((them))). Policies are the problem.

Manmade global warming is scientific fraud exploited for political purposes.

>tfw SUVs on Mars end up terraforming Mars to make it Earth-like

>Climate change is just enough to remove winters from your country in your lifetime but not enough to make life bad yet
Feels good man

Fake News BULLSHIT.

I trust the most powerful man in the world more than I trust (((scientists))).

>Oy vey! Let me fabricate the results that you want!

OP pic is of Venus you retard.

Average temp, 400 degrees Celsius.

Increase in Co2 correlates with increase in temperature. We are probably speeding the change up

Literally this. Not even memeing here.
When normies piss their pants about how it went up .3 degrees since last year, I get tilted.
>what is the ice age
>what are dinos
>MUH 70 YEARS OF TEMP INCREASE
Fuck off dumbshits.

Sea temperature is rising. We are not fully sure what is doing it aside from muh ebil humanity. We definitely do not know how to realistically curb it. It could be very bad, or it could just be another hiccup in the billion year history of life on earth.

Realistically, the only effective solution is to change our thoughts on population and the economy.

>pic

Are you from 2030? What's the future looks like?

Both

>make a point about the atmosphere of Venus
>post a synthetic radar picture of its surface, stripped of atmosphere
and the scientifically illiterate moron who made this picture has no idea what he did wrong because he just googled "Venus" and thought "I like this one, it looks like it's really hot"

Bullshit, citation needed bitch

No it is 2005. Are you ok friend?

this

only shitskins and sub-saharan retards will suffer from it

CO2 increase follows temperature increase, it's an effect not a cause.

Jew hoax to hide the impending space weather event

>implying climate change is bad and we need to "stop" it
But if it weren't for climate change most of us wouldn't be alive.

Did you read your pic?

all this climate change insanity stems from the cult of al gore that bows at the altar of the inconvenient truth

Anthropogenic climate change is.

>is Sup Forums full of shit?
why even ask?

I think you need some help friend.

Global climate variation is caused by solar variation. It is entirely natural in origin. The 'greenhouse effect' is an incorrect hypothesis, it does not exist.

But globalists and commies have been using the AGW scam to push their political agenda, they've corrupted climatology with billions in government money, and they've created a popular psuedoscientific religious cult on the left.

>Sup Forums knows more about climate change than 95% of scientists
ah yes

>american education

>foot the bill
I wonder how much money it would have cost to have avoided the last ice age?

This is an actual proposal for terraforming mars

Problem is CO2 is actually a very shitty insulator and you'd need insane quantities of it to cause enough of a greenhouse effect that it's not feesable.

Man made CO2 causing global warming is pure bullshit to push carbon taxes

>1990

>Was 40 years ago

Do the math.

Now, I am not sure whether you are trolling for not.

good goy

Let me know when we start deforesting the taiga.

>and their only response are meaningless memes
hmmmm

Possum is such cute animal. I always want to pet one, but I don't want to have rabies.

They wanted to have an excuse for taxing petroleum products.

The only constant about climate is that it's always changing. It's natural.

Manmade catastrophic climate change is a scam designed to redistribute your wealth.

Any almanac will tell you that climate change is real. Average yearly temperatures are rising year by year.

Whether or not that is humanities fault is less clear. Whether or not we are to blame is irrelevant.

If impending ecological disaster is even possible then we must take every step to mitigate the damage as much as possible.

There's no such thing as 'climate change' as the whole concept is unfalsifiable and unquantifiable.

>not pay people who scream and spit about such issues the time of day.

That reeks of ignoring a problem.

The government already taxes petroleum products, they don't need to invent some vast conspiracy to do it.

Maybe, but it is still early in the research, and there is no evidence that proposed solutions work well, and they all have absurd cost.

Money would be much better spent on coping with the changes, and doing could benefit us even if it turns out not be a big deal. For example, desertification is a proposed big issue with climate change. We should be increasing research into desalination so that water can be more cheaply extracted from the ocean. More storms is another issue. Then we should be researching better models for hurricane prediction so that we can get more warning and eventually learn to stop them completely.

The 97% concensus number is litterally a case of fake news.

Of course it's real you fuckin idiot. The same thing happened with lead. Do we put lead in products now? No because it's fuckin harmful. People are so fucking stupid.

they don't tend to carry rabies. skunks and raccoons are more likely to be infected.

most possums won't bite, even if you stick your hand in their mouth, but some will. grab one by the tail; it won't hurt them and they can't hurt you. usually after a minute of handling they'll play dead.

>I am a chemist, and read a scientific journal that only publishes pro-global warming studies
>I am the 97%, even though I am not a phd holder or candidate, do not work in that field, and have no formal education in that regard

Arguably, we can counter this with agricultural projects. If we get cheap desalination working we could irrigate deserts and already there are places that farm trees for profit.

Whatever happened to that "gas from algae" project?

>implying war with India and China is an acceptable cost.

This is why nobody believes your shit anymore.

Jupiter isn't big enough to maintain fusion. Maybe if you smashed all the gas giants together you'd get something but Jupiter is still way bellow the threshold of stardom.

pic is how you get a 97% "concensus"

Isn't that number near statistical irrelevance?

same and this

>Earth has been going through NATURAL CYCLES of warming and cooling SINCE ITS BIRTH

True, but our current warming cycle is a bit of an outlier and it still could be dangerous.

>Free energy exists EVERYWHERE IN UNLIMITED QUANTITIES (like Tesla said) and it is COMPLETELY CLEAN.

Misleading. Energy is infinite since it never really disappears but the total amount of energy and more importantly our ability to collect it is limited.

>They are using global warming/climate change as a way to further their globalist agenda to establish a single planetary government

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Sure, we'd have less influence politically but a global government would make trade and travel easier.

>DE-INDUSTRIALISE THE WORLD via their global warming/climate change SCAM. Don't fall for it.

Contrary to the previous post. Globalization, the economic underpinning of globalism, is only possible due to the industrial age. De-industrializing would mean globalism would be pointless at best and an abject failure at worst.

Nobody wants to de-industrialize. Industry is just too profitable.

Fuck it.. Let it all come down... The virus is people... Come soon doom, come soon

Calm down, Mohammed.

i have no idea.
however we should behave like it is real. destroying mother nature is degenerate

Grab your almanac and look at average temperature by year.

And frankly, trump has lied enough that he's got reverse credibility at this point. He could say the sky is blue and I'd walk outside to check if it still was.

Irrelevant to the post. was off on a tangent.

The only discussion that the scientific academy is having about this is if is being accelerated by human action or not

Big solar shade in venus-sun L1 or multiple small ones orbiting and it's surface temps will be tolerable in decade or two. To increase hydrogen levels just send niggers and recycle them instead of using asteroids - more ecological and elegant solution.

No reason not to be able to do much smaller scale here on earth if "runway greenhouse" effect is confirmed. But that is highly questionable and unlikely, and in addition to that, it'll take a long, long, really fucking long time for it to damage the planet in any meaningful way.

You're on Sup Forums faggot everyone is full of shit

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

climate change is real, everyone denying it is an idiot that ignores all scientific facts.

That's exactly what we're doing.

We're all going to die from climate change, anthropogenic or not.

Many of us refuse to accept that it's even a possibility, and the rest are largely unconcerned with the world of tomorrow; content to let their grand children starve and die fighting over waste in the twilight of our civilisation.

Hubris is the death of all nations, all races.

>Isn't that number near statistical irrelevance?
That's why the 97% consensus meme that the media keeps spouting is fake news.

It's probably real and it's probably man made

Can we stop it? Probably, but we'd need the oil industry to completely stop what they're doing and there's no way that happens any time soon

How is it so hard for people to understand?
CO2 is a greenhouse gas. If we burn all the fossil fuels on earth then the world will have the same type of hot climate since before the dinosaurs(hence fossil fuels).

granted the human race wont be killed off by high temperatures, but it will make some places like deserts inhabitable. And even more Mexicans will migrate north.

I think it's a possibility but methods like carbon taxes are a completely retarded way to go about it

Climate change is absolutely undeniably real. Anthropic climate change on the other hand is still very much up for debate, and growing numbers of climatologists are pointing out that proponents of Anthropic Climate Change have continuously failed to produce an accurate or predictive model for their hypothesis.

This on it's own isn't a problem, science is full of trial-and-error, however the problem comes when popsci, media, and politicians all proclaim that the as-yet unproven hypothesis of ACC is absolutely 100% real and then justify spending money or imposing government power as a solution.

They are justifying solutions to a problem which has not yet been conclusively proven to exist.

The Greenhouse Effect, as a concept, is scientifically proven. It is fundamentally important to life on Earth as well, as without greenhouse gases such as CO2 and water vapor, the Earth would turn into an iceball. Which it was once, because early plants sucked all the CO2 out of the atmosphere and nearly fucked the greenhouse effect up permanently.

In the modern era, CO2 is a trace gas that makes up less than 1% of the atmosphere, and most carbon dioxide that is produced is greedily sucked up by plants. In fact, more carbon dioxide in the air results in faster plant growth. It's no different than more oxygen in the atmoshpere allows for insects to grow to large sizes. Both plants and insects breath using surface area of their bodies, so more CO2/O2 in the air means it is easier for them to breathe.

Really it's currently impossible for humanity to produce enough greenhouse gases to alter the climate in any meaningful way, unless we started burning all plants left and right and never let anything grow back ever again.

A bigger impact on the climate is actually urban centers, whose black surfaces trap heat and create what's called a 'microclimate'. Funnily enough, there's an easy solution to this. White paint on roofs will reflect sunlight back into space and plants on roofs will turn sunlight into chemical energy to grow.

But let's not talk about things that will make anything better. Let's just pretend the world is perpetually about to end.

In truth, the planet is warming, but only because we're entering an interglacial period. Technically, we're still in an ice age. Glaciers are not permanent features on the Earth outside of ice ages.

let's make a simple cost-benefit-analysis

Let's say we do something about climate change and the Republicans are really right:
Then we've lost a bunch of money doing what we had to do anyway (getting off fossil fuels)

Let's say we do nothing about climate change and climatologists are right:
Then human civilization is probably down the drain

How is this a hard decision?

>earth is moving around the sun at 67000mph
>our solar system is moving through space at 490000mph

Maybe we just hit a warm spot? I don't think we know nearly enough about our planet, let alone our solar system, to accurately determine who is to blame for climate change.

I still think we should try and look after our hunk of rock, wether climate change is man-made or not.

>Then human civilization is probably down the drain

If you think that the planet will instantly become a desert, then you need to back up that claim.

The sun is burning more helium than it has in the past. Big changes coming. Wear sleeves and pants.

I don't

The tip of the spear against the AGW fraud is the following article. Sorry, as dangerous as it is to the globalist Leftist/Commie movement, it's meaning is complex and not accessible to the common man without many hours of study.

sciencebits.com/OnClimateSensitivity

In one sentence: the alarmists use an incomplete set of climate drivers or factors, which explains why they cannot predict temperature, and that the missing factor is fluctuations in cosmic rays which when included in empirical estimates of co2 gcm's causes all of the major models to line up with one another and emerges as the largest factor in global climate change.

I expect that in about 200 years, when the climate naturally starts to swing colder, our descendants will find out-assuming we haven't been exterminated by dead economy, induced by the climate change policies currently being undertaken.

That's a very good cost-benefit analysis there.
I'm sure such expertise is in great demand and you are drowning in money.

Jesus, this is so wrong it hurts. There are no space warm spots to hit like that, it's just impossible.

>Is climate change really fake or is Sup Forums full of shit?
GEE I WONDER

>How is this a hard decision?
The GOP is full of faggots who suck Saudi cock for fun.

there's a lot of good research and evidence out there that most likely means that man at least plays a small part in affecting the changing climate

unless you're an idiot that believes the world is ran by Jews and there's no such thing as science just Jewish propaganda then you have to trust the experts on the subject who know far more about the specifics of the science

though there's clearly a liberal agenda to paint anyone who applies healthy skepticism to the subject it doesn't mean they're completely wrong

my own personal take is that the solar system goes through shifts in temperature and the earth itself naturally goes through climate change but it's also stupid to believe that we humans with all our cars and factories and burning have zero effect

You're missing the point.

You're missing a brain.

>Climate change is real
>Yes it has happened in the past
It's a big deal now though because there's 7 billion people with associated infrastructure that has to deal with it
>there is evidence to suggest human activity is effecting the rate of change (see: the seuss effect)
>It is widely excepted in all STEM fields and as such comes up in several papers dealing with changes in species and disease distribution, changes in ecosystem productivity, chemical changes in the ocean, and how this can impact resource use and management

Is it a big deal? Could be, it'll definitely hurt poor countries more than us. Extinction rates are already at the level of historic mass extinction events, and climate change isn't helping.

To the average joe, it probably won't be much except higher food prices here and there, maybe carbon taxes implemented to politicians, and more violent/erratic weather (in all seasons).

t. STEM, Msc.

Climate change exists, but not global warming. For a while the other planets were getting crazy changing climates, can't find you the reference right now.

It happened though.