Bullying?

Ever been bullied? Or were you the bully? Do the victims deserve what they get? They must be annoying in some way to get bullied. What about bullying in Japan? How about political solutions to bullying? Can politicians do anything about it? It's not like you can force people to like each other.

You don't need to force people to like each other.

Bullying is systematic, targeted, and persistent. It is really hard to bully someone unless you're trying really hard or have a lot of social traction.

Literally just don't dogpile someone, goddamn.

t. Teacher who participates in his school's bullying committee

I was bullied but then teamed up with my bully to bully others.

I was bullied in 5 and 6th grade. As much as I hated it, it made sure I didn't turn out to be a complete weirdo. I stopped being a turbo autist who did and said weird shit. I turned out okay.

i get bullied by my older sister. she lies about it and blames me, but she always shouts and calls me names. ):

If you fuck her she will stop.

i was bulled by this guy in grade 7, he gave me a wedgie in front of all my "friends" and dragged me around for a little bit

5 years later I ran into him in the subway, he was much smaller and frailer looking than he appeared to me in grade 7, I walked over and stood in front of him in this near empty subway cart and just stared at him the whole time, hoping and waiting for something to happen

he looked into my eyes and Im certain he knew who I was but he never said/did anything and got off a couple stops later

I hope I see him again someday

Fuck her.

I was the bully.

And every time I saw something that implied bullies are the real victims since they are lashing out due to poor at home life always made me laugh.

Literally just picked on kids who were weird and pissed me off because they were weak.

I was bullied, and I say it creates character. I've later in life kicked the living shit out of two of them. It was glorious. And I will keep doing it if i see another one of them.

Most bullies are like this, or a fair portion. We refuse as a society to believe people can be shitty and immoral without a good reason so we make up excuses for them

Bullying is good for you, it weeds out faggotry from an early age

It destroys self-esteem and debilitates a child's ability to socialize, likely crippling them for a lifetime unless they undergo heavy therapy, and even then.

Fuck bullying

Blame it on shitty feelgood late 80's studies. This shit was pretty summarily dispelled in longitudinal studies from thr mod 90's and 2000's.

Science shows that bullies tend to come from loving families and generally have an 'enabler', someone or a group of people who reward them for their actions, which are generally used to retain or reinforce a position on the social pecking order.

The biggest thing about bullying is that it is not something an individual can do: bullying is a social action reinforced by silence, moral support, or simply multiple actors.

To eliminate bullying you don't need to shit on individuals. You need to shit on a whole group of people acting as a unit against a person.

bullying doesn't stop after middle/highschool so learning to deal with it is the best course of action

You're right. The sad thing is I have no right to act morally superior because although I never did bully someone, I failed to stick up for others who were being bullied (verbally, though. Girl on girl bullying) One girl in my school was driven insane by bullying and yelled at the teacher about not wanting to be returned to the asylum. Dark stuff.

Bullies are an integral part of school society. We in fact need more bullies

No, social reinforcement can be done without systematic bullying.

It's fine for kids to shit on each other to a limited degree, but at a certain point things spiral out of control because kids fail at morality.

There's a difference between teasing and getting beating the shit out of. Eggman once told a story about how bullies dislocated his limbs and left him to rot. That kind of bullying is brutal and no kid should experience this

Every year in grade school it was someone's turn to be the loser, for whatever reason. My year was grade 7.

My closest friends just teased me, stole shit from my desk, or put garbage in my sweater hoodie. Basically you become the loser of the group, and sometimes not really excepted by the group.

I ended up pulling a knife on the two guys in the middle of class (they sat on either side of me) and told them to fuck off. I got expelled for the rest of the year but was let back the following year, They got suspended for a couple days. I had to see a therapist and the cops were called because of 0 tolerance policies.

A year later we were best friends and remained that way til they moved away.

Kids are just ruthless shitheads for no reason. Best you can do is make sure no one shoots up the school.

I was bullied by a 4th grader when I was in 2nd grade. Went on for weeks till my sister found out and scared the bejesus outta the kid.

for starters they shouldnt expel a kid for standing up for himself. just a thought.

you can even get expelled for a fight off campus now.

Kek wakling faggot,if i wouldnt have been bullied at school i wouldnt know how to fight and aome years back i wouldnt have survived a knife fight with gypsys.

There was this one kid with huge nostrils and a nose like an ape, he always sorta creeped me out. One day he looked at me the wrong way and I ended up pinning him against the lockers and repeatedly bouncing his head off the metal locker by smacking him in the forehead. I always kinda felt bad about that one since this poor ugly kid probably had it hard enough already, plus he didn't even do anything.

in america they expel you if you fight someone. our government really doesnt want people to stand up for themselves.

>ever been bullied
Nigger I'm on Sup Forums of course I've been bullied

>Enter School at 5 'n half years old, one of the youngest in class
>already was socially awkward before, not able to make friends in kindergarten
>be "messed with" after the first few weeks
>defend myself if it gets too much - but get labelled as aggressive
>parents to the rescue! - they make sure that I never defend myself again. painfully sure.
>become free game for all to enjoy, with even randoms from other classes joining in
>being treated like that, slows my social growth - furthering the root of the problem
>get transferred to another class beginning year 3, but my social skills have been severly stunted already
>in effect, rinse and repeat, but get labelled as problem student from choleric teacher
>parents start to blame me exclusively, a screaming match directed at me after each parents-teacher-meeting
>nothing much changes over the next 7 years of school - I never even get sent to a counselor or something
>somehow make it into the workforce as a temp
>not treated as garbage by the good ol' boys there - heaven
>work hard, get an apprentinceship there
>still awkward but me doing good work, is good enough for the people there
>over the next ~6 years, I slowly learn what I missed out on during my childhood and youth

I'm still a bit awkward even now, but my behaviour falls within social norms. Sad part is, that all of this ordeal could have been avoided if my fuck-ups of parents would have listened to the teachers once - many of whom wanted me sent to therapy or special classes or SOMETHING. But no, screaming at me it was instead.
As a result of being bullied all my school life, I have severe trust issues - to the point that I can't "truly" trust even my closest friends, nor have I been able to fall in love, despite getting close to thirty by now.
Moral of the story? Some people should never be allowed to raise children.

We used to bully one girl mercilessly. It got so bad that when she tried to kill herself, we actually felt proud. I honestly don't recognise that mind-set now, and I can't work out how I could've been so merciless. That girl did nothing wrong, she was just quiet and weak-looking so we tried to ruin her life.

I'd love to go back in time just to fix those days and get rid of this guilt. Still a purely selfish reason, but fuck no one should have to suffer like that.

Anyone who unironically supports bullying children is a cunt. As a kid I was bullied and it absolutely destroyed me mentally for years. I developed an anxiety disorder as a child and became a mute, meaning I refused to speak to kids my age and the only thing I would be able to do is answer questions. It was purely emotional and the bullies would crowd around me, touch me and make me the centre of attention because it made me uncomfortable.

One thing schools should do is to actively step in and stop bullying instead of waiting for kids to report it. Often schools are scared of intervening because of the risk of the bullies parents complaining. They should also be more lienient and not punish a victim for fighting back, as the policy is usually to punish anyone who is violent.

I've also worked with bullied children and the common theme is that the parents are usually useless and unemployed or have some kind of alcohol or drug abuse problem. From my experience the schooling system is too soft on the parents and will only intervene with the family if the parents are violent toward the child. The problem is a lot of the time violence isn't involved and the children are neglected and don't learn social norms from the parents, so the school has no reason to intervene with the family.

well at least it didnt fallow you into your adult life. Its better to have no friends than ones that actually dont like you and keep you around because you are the only one in the group who can pull chicks once in a while.

People tried to bully me because I was small, but I made sure to put up a good fight. I'm still small but an adult, still don't take any shit no matter how big someone is.

Both. In my first two years of high school I was viciously bullied just for my facial features. I'd constantly get ragged on if I'd try to talk to anyone and I was hit quite a lot. I'd just take it and then isolate myself from everyone in my free time.

Pretty dark times for me as everyone saw me as a target and I had literally no friends. Had to cover everything up from my mum.

Eventually I made friends with other 'outcasts' and we'd just start taking the piss or scaring off those who tried to bully us. In my last year's, we pretty much became pseudo-bullies but only if anyone started on us. Worst I did was make a kid who used to bully me run screaming out of the room in tears when I mocked his dad for hitting him (It was a rumor going around). I went a bit too far, but It was the only way we could avoid it ourselves.

I don't agree with bullying, but it's not really something you can stop completely. I view it more as a natural evil that can either help develop someone mentally and socially, but also cause severe lasting depression and anxiety.

It's a double edged sword.

Was, then i learned how to fight. Problem solved.

If you don't want to be bullied then you have you to prove the pack that you're worthy of not being bullied. It's quite primal. The worst thing you can do is cry and run. If they take the piss out of you, go along with it a bit and make jokes about yourself and they'll realise you're not weak and can take a joke.

If it's violence then all you can really do is awaken your inner spartan and hope you do good and they'll respect you.

I have a mate who when she was in secondary school she was bullied quite badly so ended up stabbing one of them in the arm with a pen top kek, I love her she is top bants.

I was an attractive, popular kid. My high school had a lot of Christian values back in the late 90s/early 2000s and I always stepped in to stop bullying when I saw it. Now I'm 32, utterly disgusted with modern women and haven't had sex in six years despite easy opportunity. Started going to meeting again recently (Quaker).

I love your porridge.

Glad to see you've grown as a person, user. That takes effort.

I have been both a bully and the bullied.

Hey revenge bullying is fair game if it puts them in their place in my opinion.

You should contact her on Facebook.

As a side, my dad always told me from a young age if anyone hits you hit them back, if anyone looks like they are going to hit you hit them first ect. He's ex army and raised me not to take shit, had me on the punch bag in the garage youngish.

I was bullied. And I did fight some bullies enough that some unaware of the context may have thought of me as of bully, too. Some anons will excuse themselves saying that bullying was what developed spine or that bullied deserved it by being [something bully dislikes]. All delusional bullshit as I am pretty sure that unless it was in revenge, any act of violence etc was just an ego trip - kids taking out their own shortcomings and failures on others, trying to establish hierarchy with them on the top or just exploiting others.

And no, you cannot make people like each other but - especially nowadays - you have to ensure they can respect each other. Otherwise, you'll get more of the shit there's now when people see violence used for some cause and either see it's okay to use it or want to visit it upon other parties in retribution. You get antifa and whatnot.

Politicians can do only as much as scare people into following the rules and doing their job - making sure parents treat violence seriously and so do teachers.

People will have plenty of time to and opportunities to develop spine and fight for themselves in the future. Kids should be made aware of dangers and taught to prepare for difficulties but being beaten up won't help that as much as likely cause some lasting psychological/emotional, even if not really noticeable damage.

Yes, I was bullied. I wasn't annoying. It's just that the people I went to school with were thugs from single parent families, so they took it out on the kids with stable families.

You should apologize to her.

I was never bullied

Maybe if I was, it would have done me some good

Happened to me in 6th grade, probably since I was the local nerd. It stopped after I punched the asshole in his retarded face. Then we just avoided each other. High school was much better, since I could hang out with more nerds/band kids.

Nah, that would be weak as fuck. Imagine getting a message from the person who made your life hell, just so they can say sorry and that they feel bad for what they did. It won't undo what was done, it would just feel masturbatory. I'm sticking with the guilt.

Another thing is that if you don't allow kids to defend themselves from bullying and they just have to take it, their going to bottle up their rage and anger and live their lives regretting not taking action, which will likely make them feel weak and lead to depression.

Even worse is that they develop anger issues and take out their inner rage on their surroundings as a coping method. Potentially harming their friends and relatives.

I've always seen extroverts to be annoying and stupid when they're angry. But introverts are a whole other story, bottling up their anger and releasing it seems to make them almost psychopathic and sinister. They seem not to actually care anymore as they've degraded themselves so much.

I'm going full armchair psychologist mode, but that's what I've usually seen from both kinds of personalities in their extremes.

People thought i was going to Columbine the school.

So not really (other than the odd "give him a candy bar and he won't shoot you when he snaps" joke). but it was a very lonely school life.

>I can't work out how I could've been so merciless

You were an animal then. Now you are a sheep. Uncuck thyself

Underrated

Sheep's also an animal. And realizing when you were a primitive who just bashed on others for no good reason isn't being cucked, it's stopping being a retard.

You are me... Sadly. Too bad we don't have real ids I'd friend you

i never got this school shooter meme until i started going to a different highschool with more diverse races. they really love to label white quiet kid as school shooters as some joke.

Why did I picture Armstrong from MGR when I read that?

Pussy ass leafs

i had a bully in middle school. more psychological than physical
when i was in high school, i found out he got his ass beat and was put into the hospital by some nigger

its an abstract kind of feel

Yeah the whole high school called me ''limp dick'' for years

if you allow kids to fight back, the problem can solve itself and become a learning experience

its the 1 advantage of schools with teachers who simply don't give a shit, they let kids do whatever

the real evil ones are the terrible """"human"""" beings who tell kids that "fighting back is just as back as starting it" and other cancer mentalities meant to breed top beta males

sometimes ''baby dick'' or just ''faggot'' but ''limp dick'' was most common

All because my GF cheated at a party i left early from

Still a 23 year old virgin, looking for the one

Hoping i'll be able to breed one day

I was a chubby kid, picked on in 4th through 6th grade.

We moved, went to a different school.

Came back at the beginning of high school, had grown a foot, shoulders were wider.

Saw the guy who had bullied me was still the same height, punched him on the first day of school in the middle of everyone.

Told the principle why, they gave me a warning, suspended me for a couple days, never was bullied again.

I was bullied by a girl so much that I almost raped her to make her stop

I mean i "bullied" people in highschool (really just roasted people all the time with freinds). In elementary, i got bullied for being white. That's what happens when you go to spic schools.

If you punch someone because they say words that hurt your feelings, you're a nigger.
Unquestionably a nigger.

>What about bullying in Japan?

What about it?

>Ever been bullied?
only by my older brother (broken my arm, lost a tooth and stuff like that).

>Or were you the bully?
Yes. In basic school I and some friends used to target some of the "cool" kids in the classes under us. Just to take them down a notch. Went a bit far a couple of time and some whiney bitches were afraid to go to school and so we we disciplined.

>They must be annoying in some way to get bullied.
indeed. Talk shit get hit.

>What about bullying in Japan?
????????

>How about political solutions to bullying?
Dont be absurd.

>Can politicians do anything about it?
No? Its human nature. You cant change what we are.

Got bullied a lot back in middle school because of how quiet I was. Always got them back within the week with a good ass kicking. Happened almost ever year; never lost a fight.

It would make them realise that they did nothing wrong, and that it was just you and your friends being cruel and childish.

Let them know that you regret the way you acted.

A bullied child feels they were being bullied for a reason.

They repeatedly called me names and gave me "theme songs", because i was a bit chubby(i had packed on some pounds from being forced to leave all my previous friends and girlfriend when my parents divorced and i was forced to move), it wasn't super bad, the worst they did was lock my in a closet where the lights were out, for about 15 minutes. the worst part i remember about it was how i just sheepishly smiled and and moved on (there were always at least three, up to six, of them, all of them bigger than me and at least one of them had a history of violence. (i know he was suspended for sending another kid to the hospital.

With all of this, and with the fairly ugly divorce that my family was going through, which affected my younger sisters visibly, so did i decide to just suck it up and take it, i'm pretty sure that those years are the cause of a lot of my current problems which includes some anger issues and depression.

Most of replys here:
>in 2nd grade
>ask cool kids to get to play soccer with them
>they say ok
>dominate everyone with almost perfect skills
>score multiple goals
>last minutes of the school break, it's 1 on 1
>dodge the autistic kid and about to score the most awesome goal ever.
>slip in mud while kicking the ball
>fall over the ball and mud gets everywhere
>everyone laughs at me.
>change schools and move to a new city because of this.

boo-hoo i was bullied in school

Bullied in 7th and 8th grade. Middle school sucks but at least I learned that not everyone is a special snowflake and learned to fall in the crowd and not be a sperg

i want to believe this because i raped pic related for bullying me.