NewBoston Dynamics Robot

How fucked are we, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU
youtube.com/watch?v=XcNXq5DUZnk
youtu.be/-qDH1DgCOuQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I bet it can't go on unstable surfaces such as a war torn city or anywhere in the woods since it doesn't have off road tires

like, just run to some gravel nigga, like, just jump in the mud nigga

it could lock it's wheels and walk

I for one welcome our mechanical parkour overlords.

Still that wouldn't be useful due to certain types of terrain (logs) could throw it off balance

Google own them, so yes, we are fucked.

Why they would sell this gem of a company is beyond me. So what they don't have a present lucrative product strategy? They are literally inventing robotics and defining trends and design in the field. Literally making history.

why is the weather so shitty at their lab/??

we laugh now, but 20 years from now we won't be laughing anymore.

Speak for yourself

I wonder how advanced the one we don't see is.

Google has infinite money since they are connected to our banking system which prints money out of nothing

Regular goys actually have to produce goods and services to sell.

it an old video

>It stands 6.5 ft tall, travels at 9 mph and jumps 4 feet vertically. It uses electric power to operate both electric and hydraulic actuators, with a range of about 15 miles on one battery charge.

i'm more interested in how it balances with that top heavy "head"

Reminds me of the rideable metal gear from MGSV

>shows it going down some stairs
>doesn't show it going back up

Is this what they're using the reCAPTCHA information for?

What would an AI know about freedom?

>Robots can now squat.

/fit/ Btfo

>implying its not just trained to do that
who give a fuck, until its starts LEARNING

Can it handle 500 S&W Magnum tho?

it jumps onto the table which is about the same height as the stairs

I bet those robots will be pretty pissed when a Mexican will do it's job cheaper.

Probably. I don't know. All I know is that google maps can ban it all using AI, and recaptcha is based on the stuff that google maps ban.

Pretty cool. Now just attach some spinning blades and a poison dart gun and we'll be in business.

Also, they should put a machine gun on it already!

Imagine how many ammo this beast could carry, and an AI guiding the shots to near 100% kill per shot ratio.

>Born too late to explore the earth
>Born too early to explore the galaxy
>Born just in time to browse dank memes and take down malfunctioning robots with custom HK416s.

I thought of this when I first saw it

>tfw tachikoma are going to be real
>and owned by google

I just wish they would hurry the fuck up on those cyberbrains

Exterminate! Exterminate! Extermin.......oh bugger they went up the stairs.

Good to see Gallagher is still getting some work.

AR15s in civilian hands are about to be totally pointless

Can't wait! I will finally be able to lay off all my employees. I was able to lay off 2 workers since I took over my dads business. Only me and a few robots running the show, awesome future.

Did you not see the last 20 seconds where it shows some serious jumps? Could probably clear small stairs sets

Pretty fucked, once the jews figure out how to make these things shoot guns and deliver food it's all over for the rest of us.

>It stands 6.5 ft tall, travels at 9 mph and jumps 4 feet vertically

So what's going to happen to all the black people?

The battery lasts for an hour. Most work shifts are 9+.

It's worthless.

You could make the factory floor a massive charge pad since it stays indoors

Can we turn these into Deportation Bots?

Or just have a cable, like Eva's

Bluescreen rounds will become a real thing

These robots are pointless since we limited in what we can do due to batteries.

That is fucking terrifying.

Isn't that Alefantis secret building?

Or like slot cars with power in the ground

Maybe a bigger battery
And it won't matter if it's 1 hour or 20 hours cuz it's probably going to be used to mantain a police state, so they'll be mass produced

Yawn
These AI kooks like Minsky and Moravec and Musk now are talking for years and have delieverd nothing
every fucking fly is better than AI today

The video literally shows it moving over a whole shitload of unstable, shitty surfaces.

Like, are you fucking retarded?

Better than you actually.
When you think about it, what does it need?
>a mechanical system to hold the gun and handle the recoil
>something the pull the trigger
>a camera
>a vision software
All of that could be done, and a robot could achieve better proficiency than a human on a particular task.

While writing that, I also realized that the robot doesn't need a gun, as the gun has been designed to be used by a man. The robot can have all the parts of the gun in itself

Now realize how effortlessly they could integrate a machine gun into it.

>Grass
>Unstable
Wew lads

The major breakthrough of Boston Dynamics' bots is that they CAN handle rough terrain.

>self driving cars being made
>robots becoming a reality
>more and more IOT devices coming to market
>some Sup Forums neckbeard will be able to 1337 hexedit the robots to bring them tendies and hex the cars to run into (((people)))

can't wait.

with a kill shot ratio almost 1

The first plane ever made wasn't a fucking 747 it was a piece of shit that could barely fly for 1 hour.

Man, a single breakthrough in battery technology could make these things a lot more usable.

If it goes from 15 miles to 150 miles without getting any bigger, that's it. Robots are gonna be everywhere.

After posting, I understood that you meant the robot getting shot, not the robot shooting you.
Still, be careful about the ideas you introduce

The robot doesn't even need a gun. It can just have a 50lb explosive strapped to it's back and could beat to death the fuck out of anyone that tried to stop it.

Yes. You're teaching an AI how to interpret visual information in the real environment.

Gross.

Obviously this is going to be used for military applications.

This is not technology that is going to be used for good. It's going to be used to end human lives.

MFW we'll see Skynet in our lifetimes.

Speak for yourself.

Not really. Bullets wreck robots just as hard as they wreck people.

t. professional robot hunter

Why the fuck did they end it with a jumping freeze frame like how an episode of fucking Mary Tyler Moore show ends?

Of course. It all depends on what you want your robot to do :^)

death will come from above, not below

I'm not sure why we are spending all this time developing walkers when flying robot tech is already so well developed, and so much easier
youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU

these boston dynamic bots are neat studies into the efficiency of movement, but they will never make anything of value out of them. They are pet projects

It will be used to serve the political class, who serve other people.

Technology is not to blame, politic is.

That being said, we are stuck in this planet, with thousands of nuclear bombs now, because some idiots decided it was a good idea. One can only speculate what will we be stuck with in the first grand era of robotics.

>All I know is that google maps can ban it all using AI, and recaptcha is based on the stuff that google maps ban.

What was meant by this?

you know that video isn't real, right?

those sick roller blade skillz!

doesn't matter, it's a proof of concept. People can already make things like that in their garages

youtube.com/watch?v=XcNXq5DUZnk

There goes payroll for the next decade.

>Maybe a bigger battery

2 hours. The extra weight requires the motors to output more energy. It does not scale linearly.

The first motorized plane only flew because it was powered by the miracle new fuel source of the time: Gasoline.

Make this thing powered by gasoline and it'll last all day. It'll also kill the other humans with fumes and noise.

robots are reasonable, all you have to do is not cling on the idea of "muh humanity ecc" when they offer you surrender and your mind will be uploaded with eternal waifus ez pz

>this guy rolls up in the club and slaps your gfs ass
what do

Idk, it might be adequate already.

Some cooks I know who fly around the kitchen on a 12-hour shift barely cover 6 miles on their fitbit. If this robot can match that in a warehouse, then 24 hour operations with two sets of robots is feasible.

Why would we need it to go 150 miles?

But it is easily doable.

And engineer can get a DJI and remodel it to hold guns, and a programmer can make the gun controllable with a remote.

Why that was never done or captured on video is also, beyond me. It's the logical next step.

The real question is:

Would the second amendment protect civil market of small armed drones?

as long as it can't pick up a 100 ibs box, were probably alright.

>payroll
>for robots

Looking forward to being a neet desu

Inductive charging.

These robot demonstrations are only to show off one particular aspect of what can be done with robotics. Once they start combining the pieces into a finished product...well...

>muh wheels
>muh potholes

>legs you nigger

>throw it off balance

BOSTON DYNAMICS

YOU ARE RETARDED

>lrn2cntrlsystms

the energy density of off-the pump gasoline is 13,000 times greater than the best li-po batteries we have ever made in the lab.

One breakthrough is not going to fix it. Even 13,000 breakthroughs might not be enough, due to thermodynamics always taking its cut.

> they went up stairs?
> blast entire building down

Would have been more Dalek than that EL-E-VATE bullshit they wrote.

emp generator > robots

>emp generator

Doesn't exist.

Have they sold at least one of their previous bots?

Just drop an e from neet.

Checked and saved

>street signs recaptcha treaching uber how to replace taxi drivers

>a horse that only operates in wheelie mode
Neat. Still very easy to create traps for, however. And still can't beat an armed populace.

holy shit! I just texted that video to a friend and they called it a robot and I responded that "robot" is a 1970's term, this is a mechanical overlord.

>payroll
>for robots

Where else would the money come from? Have you ever run a business?

For the whole fucking floor? Do you know how much it would cost just to replace the floor with another kind of linoleum? You want to have induction charging over the entire floorspace? Christ i hope this is a small business like a pizza shop, but even then you're looking at 20-30k for that kind of remodel.

Then you're losing energy by the fuckload as all the energy not picked up by the robot is wasted.

Can somebody please revert the video and add a giant penis on his back?

Google said they needed more profit and has cut development funds to BD after buying them to make robots.

This, desu. Movies are lazy.

The military is working on one, but the range is pitiful.

they also cut their funding on the humanoid after that recent demo because they were worried the technology when sufficiently developed would put factory workers out of work

Theyre already trying to escape!!!!
youtu.be/-qDH1DgCOuQ

They're also closing down their self-driving car project.

Thermodynamics wins again. Take that, lofty notions of practicality!

he does, very specifically

>i
>for one

No engineer has ever been worried about putting other people out of work. Shut up.