Has anyone from Sup Forums truly escaped the tobacco jew?

>be user
>smoking since 16
>mid 20's and finally quit
>start vaping as an alternative
>no adverse effects as of yet
>start lifting
>workout like madman
>cardio gets easier
>can finally breathe again
>sense of smell returned
>realize cigarettes smell like shit
>not even tempted now

To each their own but I would like to know my fellow anons feelings about quitting the tobacco jew.

I have to admit - vaping still ruins smell - a bit.
t. vaperfag

>tfw not a degenerate and never started on the tobacco jew

Smoked from 18-22 (23 now). Was a fan of using a bong. Used the same from when I smoked weed.

Still use nicotine gum though

Always thought tobacco smelled like shit and would only smoke while walking. Infuriated me when I smoked with others they were such a lazy ass that they wouldn't go for a quick walk

I've just done the exact same thing. It was painless.

ya im currently in my non-smoking phase. i do this cycle every couple years. at its height ill be at a pack+ a day. I've quit a couple times so it's almost easy for me now.

cold turkey is the only way that works

It's usually a social thing so you'd need friends in order for it to take hold. Maybe in the next life, user.

ouch

Tobacco does nothing for me. I never get a buzz when I tried it, even a few times for a week long period. Am I just being a special snowflake or is my physiology just slightly odd that nicotine doesn't do anything for me?

Does semen smell better when you smell if when it emanates from the back of your throat?

weaned myself off smokes with vapes (gotta find the right brand, found one that simulated cigs the best). Then weaned myself off vapes with gum. Been off the stuff for over a year, been off smokes since 2013

I only smoke it whenever I drink to get the "kick". Other than that, smoking is degenerate and fucks your lungs up big time.

That's because you're most likely smoking it in a wrong way.

Don't need to escape if I was never stupid enough to be snared.

Same as you, OP, except when I'm drunk (which is infrequently)

I cannot resist chain-smoking while drunk

STARTED smoking the reds in 6th grade.
smoked reds til 10th grade.
got a cold one day, switched to newports for the menthol, terrible tried the marlboro menthols..

decided menthol wasn't for me..

got a carton of lights for free.. smoked that, then went back to reds.

god super sick.. couldn't handle the reds.. went back to lights deciding to quit.. finished my last pack mid sophmore year.. spent 3 days wanting to murder people.. dickhead friends offering me smokes all the time..

beat the tobacco jew.

fact.

reds were $2.25 when i started smoking.. and we used to steal them..

I COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND, how kids smoked once they were 18.. once your old enough, you understand why its bad for you.. i remember cringing at seeing all these kids starting smoking when they were juniors and seniors in highschool, and I had already quit..

>TFW YOU START SMOKING AT 12, QUIT AT 15.. laugh at those who start at 17 and die from lung cancer or heart problems when they hit 30.

Still on the tobacco. Know it's gonna kill me but I enjoy the calm it brings. Besides I work out heaps and am actually pretty fit. I imagine if I continue I'll be feeling the effects in about 15 years or so.

Smoke the cigarette like you would a cigar (fill smoke in your mouth) then inhale. Buzz city

I never had a cig addiction but I've always enjoyed the act of smoking. Started vaping a low nicotine mix and I gotta say, it's done wonders for my appetite. I no longer overeat, and go longer between meals.

Underrated side-effect.

thats weird for tobacco, not uncommon for weed though. i had some indian tobacco growing in my backyard and that shit would fuck me right off if i even just touched it.

Are you wearing sneans mate?

I only enjoy a cigarillo from time to time. Kind of feeling like one tonight. Can anyone recommend a good brand or flavor? I've only tried Swisher Sweets and White Owl.

I only smoke. About 2-3 a day. Just enough to calm me down during lunch and smoko (Australian morning tea)

Also, I just found my other pack I thought was lost

Never mind, it's empty.

Jesus fuck I forgot about those Dingo health warnings.

We've still got that Surgeon General aesthetic going in the states.

congrats man, I just quit this semester. So much extra cash. Cigs in canada are stupid expensive, cant really blame Jewdeau for it, but I still do

Nah mate, that my work jacket.

Aussie land have the limp dick packaging?
That one makes me feel the worst when buying a pack.

Cut my life into pesos
This is my last deport
Emigration
Not leaving
Don't give a fuck that the country is cleaving

I smoked since I was 16 till I was 20,never really smoked that much but it was really hard to stop...now I only smoke when Im blackout drunk usually

What's the pack price for like Reds? It's like average $4.50 to 5 here in the South depending on discounts.

Trust me mate, there's a lot worse ones then the teeth.

cut your damn nails mang

Born again addiction man here. Ditched me reds or menthols and vaped on. Better smell, taste, cardiovascular system. Always lifted, now benching double body weight and could deadlift 2.5 body weight before herniating disc. Fuck the tobacco jew

Smoked from 15 to 33. Just woke up one day thinking how much it fucking sucked to throw away almost $200 a month on cigarettes and just outright quit. I use that $200 as ammo money

like $7 here in cali

They own Big tobacco??

It's degenerate as fuck but I say this while puffing a vape. It's stupid as fuck and I should stop but I still haven't yet. Whatever

I smoke when it suits me, what sort of fag gets addicted?

I've smoked on and off for 15 years. The last time I smoked a cigarette was almost two years ago. I have an appointment in a couple of days to see a doctor. I'm hoping the small lump under my tongue is nothing serious.

Try $50+ or a pouch and $35 for a pack here man.

Considering how many guys here smoke, it's pretty clear that tobacco owns us.

$35 for a fucking pack of cigs covered in rotting organs?

JUST

>$35 for a pack
That would make me quit.

its a mass of some sort, a friend of mine had that after he stopped smoking and eventually it went away

all the best

I did pretty easily desu. My plan was this.

>watched X-Files on Netflix
>cancerman kinda freaked me out
>bought Nicoderm patches (14 and 7mg)
>followed directions
>11 days later I stopped patches early
>never smoked again

Thought it'd be hard, but if you're motivated and want to its easy with patches. Xfiles just helped me get motivated.

what the fuck

maybe try growing it

I appreciate that.
Long and good life to you as well.

I've been smoking for 20 years and am only 32. I too have begun to vape and have experienced similar effects.
It is t the money, it isn't the social aspects that got me, I just fucking hate how I organize my thoughts around if I have enough cigarettes and when will I be able to smoke them.

I smoked from about age 18 to 26. I am 26 right now. But I quit when I was 24 until 25, for over a year, but the last few months the habit returned. However I have decided to quit once again (cold turkey like before) and haven't had a smoke since the 22nd Feb. Not too long but it's something. I like that I can breathe a little easier and I am able to smell things and I don't stink like shit. But I do miss it already. It's a nice thing to have a smoke but it's a shame it fucks your body up.

I noticed that as soon as I started smoking again, I would have slight issues breathing compared to normal and my chest would feel filled with something. Well there you go that's how I feel about it.

Considering vaping but I've tried two "vape kits" so far and it seems like a colossal pain in the fucking ass. One's tank smashed and the other is far too harsh, having to use different coils to the manufacturer's intentions, even cig smoke not this harsh. Just a fucking pain in my ass so much. Not to mention the dick punch of having to unscrew the bastard and put that liquid in. Real fucking ballache that is. Having to use a wrench sometimes. Also the coils, changing them is a headache and it just makes me angry. I don't want to get stressed doing this; I'm doing it to de-stress. Fuck vaping honestly. Unless you can convince me otherwise

Holy shit, do they put bed sore ridden obese people on tendies over there too?

I never smoked, but I think the smell of tobacco is quite pleasant. But the lung cancer and impotence is a turn off. So I stay away from the cancer sticks. I thought it'd be a little cool to smoke a pipe.

>inb4 pipe merchant

>However I have decided to quit once again (cold turkey like before) and haven't had a smoke since the 22nd Feb. Not too long but it's something.

Stay strong user, this burger believes in you.

I've been wearing a nicotine patch since quitting last July. Normally you just wear it for 12 weeks, but I can't part ways with nicotine.

Yeah it's pretty bad, you can end up paying $150+ for a single shitty cigar.

Not to mention the Australian laws prohibiting you from smoking within 10m of a public entrance or not being able to smoke in restaurants or cars if you have minors in them too.

Tobacco is dying out here big time. Especially for frequent smokers.

Quit a longer than 20 year heavy habit, so yeah i escaped the tobacco Jew.

Protip: I quit nicotine, not smoking. Smoking is not addictive. Nicotine is addictive. If you vape you're a faggot.

Pipes are gay. Everyone says that vape shit is the "mouth fedora," but really it's pipes. Pipes are the real mouth fedora. You look like you try too hard if you smoke a pipe. If I smoked a pipe I wouldn't mind dying of lung cancer. Because I wouldn't be caught dead with a pipe.

It takes failure
Soul crushing failure to quit.
Existential dread. Literally.

You have to try and fail and try again knowing you will fail again. And then don't fail. Stop. Thank you but I am all set. And some of those times it'll be a lie. You WILL want one. But you will lie and say no thanks I'm all right. And you won't.
Then a few months pass and it's nothing. You're never free. You would absolutely fall back into it like nothing. It's not heroin so you don't OD but your quality of life DOES go down.

Smoked a single butt after PA was called at 3am though. Felt shitty for like 3 days as the chemicals worked their way out again.

Personally, I stopped giving a shit. I always knew the effects but I stopped caring. Sorry you were a dipshit kid that knew dick

Same. Nice job. Used ecigs to quit too. Did end up noticing involuntary twitching, usually lower legs with the ecig, and I used .03 nic. Kinda freaked me out so quit that too and now I can breathe even better.

Since when is tobacco degenerate. Ever notice how the degeneracy hq main stream media shills anti tobacco shit?
Nothing at all wrong with a smoke after fucking a girl, with a coffee after a meal, or with some buddies.
Where it goes wrong is when you smoke when you're bored or when need to pass time

existential dread is weird when I had bouts of it. It was awful, terrifying, physically painful.
But then when it would go away, it was like getting touched by God and all your sins and bits of your wretched ego would be shattered.

When I was young Australia was the place I wanted to go to. Beautiful land, wide open spaces, admittedly charming accents. And then you banned the guns. Then alcohol taxes went up 1600%, and tobacco taxes, and it's illegal to ride a simple bicycle without a helmet, and on and on. What a shame you've lost your way.

Start running. Seriously, the shit becomes like cocaine after awhile once you start pushing past five miles, running long hills, etc. It's also a good way to feel the physical difference between regularly smoking and being clean. Its easy to get away with smoking when you're not training cardio but once you do -- you instantly regret the smoking. Good way to keep yourself accountable.

GL

Bullshit.
It takes 3 days to get over physical withdrawals.
Take paracetamol when you get a headache and drink fruit juice. Most effects are due to your insulin being all fucked up. Nicotine acts on blood sugar by burning body fat.
Admittedly cravings take fuckin ages to disappear completely but they get less frequent and easy to ignore, quite quickly.
Cold turkey is the only way, other wise you're just dragging it out and setting yourself for failure.
The key is to rid yourself of Nicotine, not deprive yourself of Nicotine.

>Smoked from 16 to 24
>Quit for 2 years
>Start again (now 28)
>quit a month ago with snus

Haven't smoked in a month but still addicted to nicotine through snus and still get cravings to smoke. Dunno what happens when I run out.

Anons who can't quit, try snuff. Thank me later.
I was able to ween myself off cigs within a week, and now I use nothing at all.

what kind of indian?

>Not to mention the Australian laws prohibiting you from smoking within 10m of a public entrance or not being able to smoke in restaurants or cars if you have minors in them too.
I got you beat there, Califag here. My city banned smoking in public. I can't go smoke in my yard, I can't smoke in the car, the streets, exc.

I've been a runner most my life and was also a heavy smoker.
Quitting was the best thing I ever did. No more chest pain or hacking lugies

Never smoked but I snus all day, every day. I'm hopelessly addicted to nicotine. Or, even worse perhaps, I'm happily addicted. Like, I'm in love with snus.

Protip: You didn't quit shit.
Nicotine is the addictive part

Who /hookah/ here?

Arabs sure do know how to make a good smoke.

5 quid down the drain

What brand of snus?

$7.50 in Michigan
$9 in Wisconsin
$13 in Chicago

Been smoking since 17, now 26 and trying to quit

this is me

I have no problem quitting I just like cigarettes. Will cold turkey arbitrarily for indefinite amounts of time then decide I want to smoke, and then Ill smoke like a chimney for usually a year, sometimes two. Consistently done this several times.

What do the chimney anons smoke?

I never did it, but all my friends did.
They're all still stuck on the stuff, spending half their shitty paychecks just to be good for the month.
One of my old friends even goes out, finding not fully smoked cigs in ashtrays and smokes them to the filter.
It's fucking gross.

There is no benefit whatsoever to smoking. Probably the most disgusting habit on the planet. I look down on smokers.

Actually, it's nicotine + monoamine oxydase inhibitors in tobacco that make it so addictive.

That's why shit like nicotine gum/vaping and all that other bullshit won't work for a seasoned tobacco addict.

You need to find an alternative activity. I dont have the answer for that unfortunately.

What?

I dont do it instead of other things. I smoke when Im drinking, walking places or watching videos/playing videogames. Sometimes when Im outside. I smoke a lot but its not a standalone activity.

I started when I was 16 too, around 30 I moved to cigars. I tried a pipe a few times, it's fucking great. But I think I gotta wait till my mid 40s before I can do that and not come off as a complete douche.

never found them that addictive or even appealing, other than drunk and/or out with other people
now alcohol on the other hand, totally different story

>Inhaling smoke of rotten leaves covered in bird shit
I don't see the appeal

Funnily enough I smoked cigars first and moved to cigarettes

Yeah i smoke cigs on and off here. Sometimes i will buy some cigars in my off years and get a huge hit of nicotine but the effect isnt even comparable. I just get light headed and slightly nauseous.

How long until breathing improved?
Ive quit for a month now and only seen a little improvement

I started smoking before I was 13, quit once, went off my rocker before starting again. Now I'm using snus instead.

Better for the body than smoking at least and way more pleasant than the instant nicotine kick from cigs.

I'm 31 and have smoked since 14. My grandmother has smoked since her teens and is 89.

Lung cancers is a genetic weakness.

about $9.50 in suffolk county. I've seen spots in manhattan with $14.00 packs. Fucking insane. Glad I quit and and now use a mouth fedora.

In 2014-15 used to smoke 1 or 2 self-rolled (as in, tobacco without the other garbage) cigarettes (usually after a heavy meal and always before the gym) not even every day for the stimulant effect. Realized i could just use caffeine in moderation along with things like asparagus and lemon juice and ACV for the diuretic effect and stopped, haven't had one since then.

Well technically I did. I did quit cigs but didn't quit nicotine.

pic related

on/off smoker pack a day. honestly quitting is easy i don't have cravings just get more easily pissed off when not smoking.

A pack of 20s here starts at about 18-20 Aud. It's pretty much $1Aud per smoke here. 50g of roll your own is about 50Aud.

You know nothing of expensive tabacco.

Jesus Christ, man, you must have the nic tolerance of the Marlboro Man. Every - EVERY - time I've tried Oden's (sometimes comes in grab bags) it's knocked me on my ass.

Well you said it yourself the thing about cigarettes is they are habit forming. Which is what makes them so great. I myself associate driving with cigs, after work outs with them so any activity really can be associated as long as smoking is permitted.

Also i used them as a stress reliever in association. So what im trying to say is find another activity to fill the emotional gaps in your life not the physical ones.

That's only if you fall for the legal cigarettes meme

Well the first ones almost made me cry, that much happenings in upper lip. But since it's so strong it's easier to replace cigs since you get something for it imo. Another brands don't do much for me so I'll just get back to smoking.

In the end it all comes down to self control, which I admit isn't my best ability when the cravings come