Is astrology redpilled?

>People are influenced by their environment.
>Astrological signs are delineated according to specific changing periods in the year, which is to say that astrological signs are delineated according to "specific, changing environments" throughout the year.
>The earlier you influence a thing, the more that influence will manifest itself going forward.
>Astrology is the observation of certain (subconscious?) characteristics that develop according to an infant's earliest interactions with their earliest/first environment.

What changes between astrological signs? What changes between seasons?
>Presence/absence of specific seasonal crops
>Length of daylight/nighttime
>Disposition of caretakers
>Temperature
>Weather, etc.

I'm not saying that astrology is even worth being called a "soft science," all I'm saying is that it is too accurate to be nothing at all/totally made up.

I understand the argument that "if you say anything broadly enough then anyone can easily project themselves into it," and I agree with that argument regarding horoscopes specifically, but again, the descriptions of the signs themselves are too distinct from one another/too accurate in myself and others for me to totally ignore astrology as nonsense all together.

Astrology is not approached from this non-mystical perspective, so nobody has done any work toward examining/describing the specific environmental factors that might encourage specific personality traits. There is no "why" in astrology but the "what" seems pretty accurate to me.

The fact that hippies and airheaded degenerate females are so interested in astrology makes it hard to take seriously, but please consider what I have said here critically.

Is astrology redpilled Sup Forums?

no thats fucking retarded

Why though? I thought of this two seconds ago so I'm not invested in the idea or anything, I'd just like to know which part doesn't make sense

The Zodiac can be pretty accurate when it comes to romantic pairings and personality types, but don't take it too seriously.

Yeah, I don't take it as gospel or anything. It seems more like it describes something that we can't describe with science yet. It's us saying, "Lightning? That must be the gods fighting in the sky." The gods aren't fighting in the sky, but that doesn't mean that lighting doesn't exist. It describes things that exist/are real, just not in a totally clear or accurate way. My whole point is that it isn't NOTHING/totally made up. It's a primitive/incomplete description of something that we can't currently explain any other way.

1. Astrology is fucking retarded.
2. Switch your Horoscope, it will make just as much sense as if you read the one actually given for your sign.
3. Why do different newspapers have completely different Horoscopes on the same day if that shit is real?
4. How do stars, literally quadrillions of miles apart but which are forced into completely bullshit shapes by superstitious retards thousands of years ago have any effect on you?
5. As far as those constellations go, the only forces they can inflict on you are light and gravity. The weight of your own stupidity has more gravitational pull on you than a distant star and the lightbulbs in your fixtures inflict far more light upon you. Are you going to ask the lightbulb in your fucking refrigerator for career advice?

Forgot 6. Only women believe that bullshit.

I'm an astrologist. I don't defend it when people who believe they have a far more rational and intelligent view debate me on it because I can understand totally where they are coming from. But I just can't shake the feeling that it works.

When posts in defense of astrology, they get repeating numbers. I think Kek is trying to tell us something.

>1. Astrology is fucking retarded.
>2. Switch your Horoscope, it will make just as much sense as if you read the one actually given for your sign.
>3. Why do different newspapers have completely different Horoscopes on the same day if that shit is real?
I already said that horoscopes are retarded because they're universally applicable. The characteristic descriptions of the signs themselves however are not universally applicable, and are accurate from what I have seen.

>4. How do stars, literally quadrillions of miles apart but which are forced into completely bullshit shapes by superstitious retards thousands of years ago have any effect on you?
>As far as those constellations go, the only forces they can inflict on you are light and gravity. The weight of your own stupidity has more gravitational pull on you than a distant star and the lightbulbs in your fixtures inflict far more light upon you. Are you going to ask the lightbulb in your fucking refrigerator for career advice?
I never said anything about any of that, I mentioned changing environmental conditions here on Earth. I never said that the stars have any influence on anything.

>Forgot 6. Only women believe that bullshit.
>The fact that hippies and airheaded degenerate females are so interested in astrology makes it hard to take seriously
That is why it serves as such a vague and imperfect description, and I agree that it is an inadequate description of the things that it attempts to describe.

Did you even read my post?

If astrology wasn't a redpill, why would Clintard make sure her real birth times can't be found?

>Is astrology redpilled?
No
/thread

inb4 I can't /thread my own post. Astrology is stupid pseudoscientific nonsense for bluepilled females and the kind of people that believe in it are the type of idiots that hold civilization back.

So hillary clinton is red pilled now? I see.

I'm not saying that it is all true bro. Astrology itself as a description is retarded, all I'm saying is that it seems to describe a real thing inadequately, it is a primitive explanation of the influence that environment might have on a person during early development. If anything, it should probably be looked at from an ecological perspective. I agree that looking at it as magical is dumb. We're on the same page.

>I mentioned changing environmental conditions here on Earth.
The seasons are different around the globe in a given time period, though, so the signs aren't tied to seasons, but to the date.

>The seasons are different around the globe in a given time period, though, so the signs aren't tied to seasons, but to the date.

Good point. I didn't think of that.

The zodiac developed in Egypt/Babylon, but the assignment/inclusion of seasons and personality started with the Greeks/Romans, so now I wonder if the Babylonians just supplied the mystical vernacular, and the Greeks/Romans used that baseless language to describe the ecological environment/personality relationship according to their own local environment?

The real question is whether or not the astrological personality descriptions apply to Mediterraneans more accurately than they do to other people around the world.

brb gotta survey some wops

>more jewish bullshit.

Jews aren't into astrology at all. There is some astrology in Kabbalah but they got it from Hellenic Greeks.

Astrology might be bullshit, but it is white bullshit.

Astrology makes sense if the earth is flat.

Check it out.

Astrology has the same credence as me believing the life and times of some slavic peasant from the 13th century has some meaningful impact on my life. How in the fuck are the positions of the stars going to predict or affect events anymore than Grzegorz from Vilinus having a shitty harvest one year.

Also most of your basic astrology, like birth signs and shit are so fucking vague they usually can apply to 90% of people, it's like the ideological equivalent of TV spirit mediums asking if anyone in the audience knows someone starting with the letter J and then saying enough vague shit for retards to believe them.

Tell me what's my sign btw.

Again man, I already talked about everything that you just said in the OP. I'm not talking about the stars, I'm talking about the environment on Earth (specifically the seasons around the Mediterranean I guess). I already talked about the vagueness too. Horoscopes are vague as shit, but the signs themselves are very distinct from one another and difficult to conflate.

I'm not trying to say that constellations have anything to do with anything.

Cancer

Wrongo. Try again tardknuckle.

>I'm not trying to say that constellations have anything to do with anything.

>I'm not trying to say that Astrology is a thing when i say that Astrology might be a thing.

there's more wireless devices now than there were in the Middle Ages so images from the spirit realm are less clear.

electrical ifetterence and such

capricorn?

“Millionaires don't use Astrology, billionaires do.”

― J.P. Morgan

Wrong again. I'll let you ask me a question next time see if that will help you.

2 down 10 to go.

what's your star sign

No no no, I'm not explaining myself clearly.

The hippies say that astrology explains behavior through the influence of planets and stars, and I'm saying that they are wrong, and that it might instead explain personality characteristics through the influence of season and environment on early development. It doesn't explain what it claims to explain, the explanation that astrology provides is incorrect, but the subject of the explanation still exists even though the explanation itself is flawed. The influence isn't in the stars but in the environment, and the influence does not influence itself in behavior but in personality. Personality affects behavior so personality was confused for behavior, and the influence of the local environment was misunderstood as an influence from the stars.

I'm not saying that it is an absolute, or that it is absolutely nothing, I am saying that it is at least something.

Well as the main influences are planets and not stars light years away, then its not so unreasonable

Oh shit I was hoping for one of you dirty wops.

Do you think that your personality matches your astrological profile?

Please see

yes, my star sign reflects me very accurately

Yes. There's aspects of reality we aren't even close to understanding yet. Dark matter. Dark energy. Alternate dimensions. Timelines. Astrology is trying to explain something we don't have an understanding of yet. I used to think it was absolute fucking bullshit, until an ex gf had me do a detailed chart. Based off the minute and location you were born. The details it broke down were accurate enough to make me realize there's something to it. I don't know what, I don't know how it could possibly influence aspects of your personality, but there's something we don't understand yet that a detailed astrological chart is giving us insight into.

Google a free detailed chart. The only way to really find out is to get one that lets you put in the exact minute you were born and the city where you whore mother shat you out in. Try it.

You're getting a lot of hate for this thread user, but i think your theory (even if it may be flawed) is pretty interesting, and i like the way you think.

That being said, i only fit 3/14 of my supposed traits according to a google search of my sign

Just did this.

>An interest in history, ancestry and genealogy
>A natural appreciation of aesthetics
>Idealization of the family, past and traditional matters
>You put forth strong views and are hard to influence or change
>You have an innate distrust of groups or large organizations
>You are, perhaps, too conservative
>You bring new life to conservative traditions
>You are very interested in tradition and tend to be dignified and conservative
>You believe in an orderly society led by benevolent monarchs
>Prone to excessive pride and egotism

I mean come on man what the fuck

Just did another one.

>You are very proud of yourself
>You are very idealistic but can also be quite stubborn
>You value neatness and order above all else
>You are so supercritical that you are merely nit-picky
>You are very stubborn and proud of your beliefs and principles
>Your standards of perfection are very high
>You are supercritical of yourself and others and, at times, prefer to be alone rather than deal with any imperfections in others
>You love to debate and argue, usually in a spirit of friendly disagreement
>You carry things to extremes and feel guilty anytime you do something that you consider to be self-indulgent
>Basically very conservative, you prefer orderly, systematic changes and fear doing things rashly or impulsively

Like I said, this isn't just nothing. "You're an overly-proud and stubborn conservative idealist with unrealistically high standards of perfection and strong/extreme views, and you also like to argue/banter" is not so general that it can be applied universally.

>Decide to poke around with Vedic astrology at the suggestion of a pajeet here on Sup Forums
>Generate my chart
>Yogas
>Yogas everywhere
>Kahal Yoga, Musala Yoga, Raja Yoga, Ruchaka Yoga, Sasa Yoga, Anafa Yoga, Vaasi Yoga, Shakat Yoga
>Spend three hours trying to figure out what the fuck they all mean

The gist I've gathered is that apparently I need to go to war. Seriously why is Indian astrology so fucking ridiculous.