100,000 CALIFORNIANS ORDERED TO EVACUATE

google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oroville-spillway-shutoff-20170227-story,amp.html

>MAIN SPILLWAY SHUT DOWN HOURS AGO TO ASSESS AND CLEAN DEBRIS
>100,000 ORDERED TO EVACUATE SUNDAY NIGHT

ITS HAPPENING

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/www.latimes.com
archive.is/FEFor
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>google.com/amp/www.latimes.com

wut

kek my bad just the first decent article i saw

Fake news

Fake News

>www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oroville-spillway-shutoff-20170227-story,amp.html
just remove the google

that "fake news" meme is subtly misleading because it implies that news aren't always fake.

archive.is/FEFor

Can someone give me the basic gestalt? I thought this crisis ended a week ago

You're just trying to bring back this shitty general

This happened like 3 months ago, way to be late.

Kill them all

It hasn't rained for a week, so they can finally see how bad the damage is.

They shut off the spillway in order to assess the damage. Apparently the spillway is completely fucked, and the only way they can save the dam is if they clean out the power plant nearby and use that to get rid of the water.

Melting snow may carry lots of water into the reservoir this spring or summer, but it should not be anywhere near the pace that recently pushed the reservoir to capacity, said DWR chief hydrologist Maury Toos.

“At the moment, things look pretty safe,” he said.

>Dam has a main spillway that water normally flows through to generate power
>spillway gets HUGE collapse in middle
of it.
>emergency spillway is used
>emergency spillway is starting to get eroded to fuck
>if water breaks through erosion pocket from underneath youre going to see some serious shit

Well shit is actually happening now so its time to start posting again

Is this the new hydro thunder map?

Shit isn't happening now, but it will this weekend.

>HYYYYYYYDRROOOOOO

>THUUUNDEEEERRRRRRR

>CHOOSE YOUR BOAT

>CHOOSE YOUR MAP

>FUEL LINES
>GO!
>START UP
>GO!
>ENGINES
>GO!
>EJECTOR SEATS
>COME ON GO!

>3
>2
>1

>GOO GOO GOOOOO

stuff like this makes me wish there was an hydro thunder sequel that wasnt that windows store shovelware

It was called arctic thunder

i knew that shit was gonna fail theres no way too fix it

This

Fucking memories

I hope they all drown

Fucking degenerates

Why are they evacuating when the lake has been drained to safe levels and they can actually repair the spillway now?
Theres a reason we stopped making /odg/.

also 13.5

LEARN TO SWIM
LEARN TO SWIM
LEARN TO SWIM

if the spillway is actually closed for 7 days, we should get pretty close 900 feet

l-lewd!

God's wrath upon those faggots!

10 inches of rain or gtfo

On the one hand I want Trump to help the calicucks because maybe then they're vote for him in 2020 (even the mexicans), on the other hand they're huge cucks so they'd probably bite his hand after he feeds them anyway.

any rain would help

with the current inflows, we'll be at around 870 after 7 days

People like you are what's wrong with this world and thid board.U just can't accept anything.If u are buying a dam like oroville u are probably gonna buy a seperate spillway so no need for proper spillway,are u literally retarded, extra spillways are just a waste of space on the dams nowadays. You are so fucking stupid, if I saw u in front of me I would fucking rage so hard. U are fuckingmentally retarded to be asking shit like that fucking CWB jew, go suck off that emergency hillside or whatever it is ull never use it anyway go pay that 40$ for it u fucking retard. I am so pissed rn at how dumb u are, u are ruining this board and just making an idiot out of yourself. Please just stay off the internet in general if u are gonna ask questions like these u fucking attention seeking CWB bastard. All u guys want is attention now because the army corps is the only one doing stuff.I bet u still live in ur mum's house and suck ur dad off for that nice apillway. ITS SO NICE HAVING AN EMERGENCY SPILLWAY LOOK AT ME DAMFAGS HAHA DAM IS FINISHED NO MERGENCY SPILLWAY, ARMY CORPS BTFO. SHUT THE FUCK UP I WILL KILL YOU YOU STUPID FAG, STOP POSTING USELES THREADS LIKE THESE U FUCKING RETARD. U made me so mad I wanna punch the dam and hope there's you on the other side so it would shatter your dumb spillway u stupid fuck.I bet you are gonna make another shit thread after this one gets removed because it is SHIT just like your spillway and your shit CWB cuck dam.So fuck off to another board or off Sup Forums, because u can't handle us or even basic logic like why there isn't a proper backup spillway in rcalifornia dam's. Can't wait for the release to see you cry and be mad at yourself for spending so much of your dad's money on a shit dam with a crappy spillway u won't ever need.JUST FUCK OFF!! AND IF U EVER MAKE A THREAD LIKE THIS AGAIN, I WILL MAKE SURE YOU WILL NEVER VISIT THIS SITE AGAIN. So bye faggot and I hope I'll never get to see you or one of your threads ever again!

Remember Oroville dam threads?

Anyone got the link to the water level report site? I want to see if it ever hit 13.5v again.

>california
>ever going red again

Underrated

Hi Sup Forums

13.4fag detected
whats it like being so low energy?

hello kek

>i swear it's my first time!

some say the end is near

cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO
Looks like we were right about lower flow causing more erosion on spillway.

We're going back up, boys.

Though really, the real happening will be any major storms while they're not running the spillway.

Sealed AGM battery fag here. I laugh at you vented lead acid peasants.

Didn't this JUST happen a few weeks ago?

Place your bets!

THEY SAID IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN

KEK BLESS. RECYCLE THE MEMES!

>cal
>major storms
Silly brit. Never been to cali have you?

can't they just use pipes and pipe off water directly in to the river, while they repair the spill-away ?

Hollywood and Silicon Valley should pay for building a new spillway.

get /comfy/

pic related

Nope, closest I've been is Arizona.

0 (zero) outflow 20k inflow

I-is it happening?

Good. Cali sucks. Trust me. Grew up on a navy base in ridgecrest. Arizona is way cooler.

My brother lived there and I stayed with him over the summer.

Total shithole.

/odg/ back in business

COMFY
O
M
F
Y

Isn't Arizona too hot to even be outside during the day most time of the year?

>retard southern inbred Sup Forums niggers wishing for death upon the red part of california

If people like us went outside we wouldn't be on Sup Forums.

arizona is dry heat. it's really not that had. well it's hot as shit, but it's not unbearable unlikely that shitty swampy high humidity weather that makes you feel like you shit your pants

I think the best way to troll is after someone writes an essay post is using the lowest word count possible to piss them off.

Happening confirmed, only a matter of time now, right?

how much can they clear in a week?
i think not much.

>www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oroville-spillway-shutoff-20170227-story,amp.html

wait wait wait wait wait

where the fuck is the evacuation order you clickbaiting fuck

>tfw the fucking LA TIMES is shilling on Sup Forums for hits

Can someone meme text one of these images with

"I just wanted to find myself in college"
or something of that effect

Where we are making a metaphor to college womens ruined pussy and this ruined dam

delicious dam pasta

suuuure, it'll only take like 50,000 mile long pipes

Can they still fix that somehow?

You shitlord the number of sexual encounteres a dam spillway has doesn't matter!

gibsmedats btfo

some say we'll see armageddon soon

ayy lmao

absolutely ruined

i certainly hope we will

B-but it is an asset to be old and experienced?

underated

Oroville Dam failure was intentional to release gold to either be stolen by corrupt CA politicians or used to back a CA currency post-secession from the US.

At the end of the day, after all that hype, nothing happened.

>Sunday night
Literally nothing happening.

#chekt

I COULD SURE USE A VACATION

How are they gonna collect the gold though? Mine the newly created floodplain?

There are a few ways, either excavate the "worthless" floodplain soil to a processing plant or spend a few months cruising around with metal detectors to hand pick large nuggets. The latter sounds like BS but any miningfag can tell you it doesn't take many large nuggets to amount to quite a bit of gold.

part 1 youtube com/watch?v=0-5HMMs-RMA part 2 youtube com/watch?v=l6nmsgmcqjY

Damn I want some Oroville dam nuggets

they're going to dump rocks in the hole and pour a layer of shotcrete over it.
next they coat the hill in shotcrete, trees too.
finally they'll coat the dam and surrounding countryside with shotcrete.
if that holds they'll begin planning to remove all the hardened concrete and riprap in order to effect a permanent repair.

I live in Oroville. After the dam breaks I'm going to the go gold panning. Second gold rush, folks.

Me too.
t.miningfag