What are you doing to protect yourself from rocks thrown from the moon by disgruntled astronauts...

What are you doing to protect yourself from rocks thrown from the moon by disgruntled astronauts? I hope you have a well provisioned moon bunker in case of such an emergency

Hahahahahaha

As long as we keep the niggers out no rocks will be thrown from the moon

> her

I had an idea once for a theoretical weapon that boiled down to burying nukes on the moon and detonating them to fling wads of the lunar crust shotgun style at whichever continent you didn't like.

That was supposed to be silly though

Wasn't this thing running for Congress or something...

He didn't literally mean "rocks." He was referring to kinetic bombardment, you idiots. It's real and a serious threat.

>A kinetic bombardment or a kinetic orbital strike is the hypothetical act of attacking a planetary surface with an inert projectile, where the destructive force comes from the kinetic energy of the projectile impacting at very high velocities.

>Kinetic bombardment has the advantage of being able to deliver projectiles from a very high angle at a very high speed, making them extremely difficult to defend against. In addition, projectiles would not require explosive warheads, and—in the simplest designs—would consist entirely of solid metal rods

>If the impact occurs in or near water, we can expect absolutely massive tsunamis reaching miles into the air. In fact, an impact 35 million years ago into the Chesapeake Bay area is suspected of causing a tsunami that topped the Blue Ridge Mountain Range.

>Other devastating effects of a sizable impact include fires being started by super-heated fragments of ejecta thrown into the air, an (ever popular) dust cloud -- hindering photosynthesis and devastating vegetation -- and acid rain caused by various sediments lingering in the atmosphere.

>Perhaps most terrifying of all is the massive burst of infrared radiation that most life would be subject to. It turns out that if enough heavy ejecta is thrown into the atmosphere then the force and heat generated by re-entry would cause a short but intense burst of infrared radiation.

muslims will control the world by then
they'll throw him off the moon for being trans

Isn't she right? We wouldn't let elon musk have a nuclear weapon but if he starts throwing rocks at us from the moon, there will be no way to stop him.

While you are correct about kinetic bombardment, I don't think it even knows what that is

shit wouldn't work from the moon

i bet he literally did

I keep seeing this book brought up regarding these tweets, but I've never heard of it before. What's the basic summary? I assume something about launching the moon, or parts of it, at earth

>she

Why do we not have railguns on the moon?

Its got a point

Whoever controls the Moon could hold the Earth hostage.

You wouldn't even need to go that far. Just build a medieval catapult.
The moon is a harsh mistress

The problem is anything dangerous enough to be "dropped" on us needs to be incredibly big and dense meaning it would cost an extreme amount to bring up to the moon then "drop" back down

I threw that shit before I left the moon!

Basically... Near future moon is a penal colony, they revolt and gain independence by throwing rocks at earth. 1/6th the gravity of earth means you can throw huge rocks at terminal velocity for megatons of force with no more effort than getting ten guys to heave a random bolder at earth.

Pretty good book though

This can be done from LEO. Whats the point from the moon, you spend a good deal of time fighting against lunar gravity.

Why are you so sure we don't? You didn't honestly think we somehow got 20 trillion in debt purely from blowing up sand people and paying for gibsmedats, did you?

Are you saying the moon isn't big

Not if you have a moon base to mine from.

>asteroids impact earth all the time
>asteroids travel faster than a thrown rock
>most of the asteroids burn up in atmosphere
>no impacts in the last 2000 years have produced the power of 100s of nuclear bombs

Everything checks out, Wu for congress.

Its only more cost effective if fuel is made on the moon. Basically you only have to reach lunar escape velocity instead of earth escape velocity.

You aren't seriously implying that we spent trillions of dollars on the moon instead of Antarctica are you?

Are you retarded? To get from the surface of the moon to low lunar orbit requires 1.87 km/s delta-v.

Ah so "what if Australia was on the moon?" Got it

How is dropping rocks on a film set suppose to be a military strategy?

yea and while you're busy with the maths there we'll be busy tossing rocks at putin from our base on the far side of the moon.

With Australia already having lost a war to flightless avians, do you really want us to try our luck against the penguin hordes?

This was the weapon Cobra Commander used in the second GI Joe Retaliation movie. A giant satellite that dropped building-sized metal rods into the earth. It was stupid sounding there as it is here irl.

Kinetic bombardment may be a real thing, but the energy is worth a fraction of a nuke.

go on

You still have to overcome the moon's gravity, which at 1/4th of earth's is still large.

Not to mention the cost of getting the machinery to mine, construct, and lift the moonrock there.

I did not believe. I had to go check. He's put up worse since you posted this.

his exact words were

>rock
>dropped
>from
>moon

He literally is stupid enough to think you can stand on the surface of the moon and """DROP""" a rock such that it will """FALL""" to Earth.

>B-B-BUT MUH TWITTER 140 CHARACTERS
someone post the IF TWEET = GAMERGATER BLOCK bullshit that was 137 characters

Oh no it's very real. It's even trending because of how stupid it is. Wu deleted the original tweet and reposted it specifying "using propellants" because yeah that's the only problem with this argument

I wouldn't really call it a threat yet, no one has that capability

actually the US did a study on the idea of putting telephone pole sized tungsten rods in to space to be used as kinetic weapons. There was an entire thread about it like a week ago. The whole thing is prohibitively expensive. Cheaper to use a giant fucking MOAB.

Future wars will be fought by representatives of each nation throwing rocks at the earth.

Serious tho. It would have to be a Boulder to make it through the atmosphere.

Low orbit satellites with tungsten rods is what people should be scared about. Not Fucking pebbles from the stupid Fucking gay moon.

Maybe 'she' should be called Brienna Woo-Woo seeing she doesn't science.

>because yeah that's the only problem with this argument
This made me chuckle for some reason.

Tfw can't wait for ayyy lmaos on the back of the moon to chase away filthy human spaceship

I've been here too long. I have to fact check. Silly beyond belief, pants on head variety. Thanks for the laugh, I couldn't find the original, but I can see the post defending a deleted tweet. I honestly wish him luck, but he's pulling a trump Twitter massacre.

>The moon is tactically valuable. Projectiles launched from the moon to Earth could potentially have incredible destructive potential

132 characters. Accurate, still retarded.

>The moon is probably the most tactically valuable military ground for earth. Rocks dropped from there have power of 100s of nuclear bombs

137 characters. Wrong, extremely retarded, written by someone who didn't pass highschool physics.

(cont) and an user in the thread who claimed to do military work involving the analysis of weapons system was in the thread. Normally I would call him a larper but he was actually very very very knowledgeable about not just US weapons systems but foreign as well, and not just a bunch easily googled shit either.

>using the moon for kinetic kill vehicles

this is the dumbest shit ever

geostationary orbit is the most efficient place for a KKV to be

It's some good shit

This could work. If you fire enough projectiles with propellant you'll end up with an atmosphere to live in!

He literally said "rocks" and the guy cut his own dick off.

So they have the power allegedly of 100's of nuclear bombs, but are they strong enough to convince a man dressed as a woman, acting like a woman, that they're NOT actually a woman? I'm going to guess no.

Obligatory

The only good bug is a dead bug

So it's also missing a chromosome?

kek very true.

Depending on the size of the thing, won't it just burn up on entry?

We can barely get a handful of people to land on the moon along with enough food and supplies to last the whole journey.

How are they going to build the facilities to launch attacks from the moon?

>"""""brianna""""" wu

The farther in the time line I go back...
He's on drugs because that shit for the last day is trippy. You can't be sober and post that shit.

How are they even going to get on the moon when they've never actually done it before? They'll get fried on the hot surface before they can even pick up a rock to throw it.

Are you not familiar with the concept of "Rods from God"?

Holy shit, we have nuclear weapons already. No one is going to space in order to drop rocks on us, it would be more cost effective to just develope your own nuclear arms.

>Brianna Wu
>WF/AM

Sure, I get kinetic bombardment with a solid metal mass like tungsten, but the tranny literally said rock.

While the goblin kind of has a point about corporations having access to the moon, in this specific scenario I trust Elon Musk way more than any current government.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""wu"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

STOP MARGINALIZING ASIANS

STOP STEALING THEIR CULTURE

No see because corporations can't have nukes. That's illegal. But there's nothing in the law books that say a company can't drop rocks from the moon!

>F

I know you know, leaf, but, I wouldn't be doing things proper-like if dis point it out. A little reminder if you will, be wary of casting judgement so casually.

tungsten telephone poles nigga.

There is no tactical advantage you can gain from the Moon that you can't gain from LEO what a fucking shit show, why can't this thing be one of the 40% trans-suicide stats

I like that its only dangerous for private corporations to have access to the moon, because as we all know from Earth private corporations will weaponize any piece of land you let them get their hands on.

Unlike governments, which have never been known to weaponize anything.

Fire the moon canons at earth

BOOOOOOOOM Marvin wins

kek. shut the fuck up.

You cannot even into space anymore let alone to the moon. And yes you spent $20 trillion essentially on Israel

That or it would join earths orbit.

The energy is entirely dependant on the speed, if you can whip it around a few planets first, like maybe send it to Jupiter and back, get it up to say 10% SoL, you could make it more powerful than every nuke on the planet added together

>tfw you'll never eradicate some shitty alien race or uppity space colonists from orbit
Shit sucks man.

Why on fucking earth would you spend so much energy and effort doing something as fucking stupid as that.
Look gather round lads all you need to btfo a nation is women. A women left unchecked for too long will destory a nation from within in a decade or less. For example; Sweden and Germany. I rest my case.

That's >her husband's name he's a chink

Found the ancap.
You aren't wrong.
Fuck you anyway.

Stop posting here John, you're just not relevant

>You were born too late too late to explore the earth
>You were born slightly too early to explore the stars
>You were born at just the right time to see a Colony Drop

I am having doubts about his claim with regards to rocks/nukes.

Can a /sci/entist confirm?

A FUCKING LEAF

It's fun watching trump crash and burn but seriously we can't let him have the moonbase codes

>A kinetic bombardment or a kinetic orbital strike is the hypothetical act
I'm hypothetically terrified.

perhaps coincidentally, australia gets moon rock nuked in this book.

I'm pitching this air bud spinoff to Hollywood execs right now. Please do not steal my original idea

A rail gun's max speed is 1.5 miles per second for a projectile. The moon is 238,900 miles from Earth. It would take 44 hours for the projectile to reach its target, more than enough time for any modern military to detect and defend against an attack.

but the moon is where the rocks are, otherwise you have to send the rocks up from earth, and that would be inefficient

>Be private Cobra Commander Corporation

>Develop interplanetary space flight

>Develop moon base

>Develop lunar mining

>Develop lunar mining delivery of material to low earth orbit

>Develop space based launcher of harvested lunar material

You know it would be cheaper and easier for them to just build a few suitcase nukes, right?

throw rocks back nigger

>what is critical velocity?

Where were you when gamergate became interplanetary terrorists?